Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Discrete group

Jump to newest

By *airground OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Given the country we are in, the society and environment, the stigma around people's choices of sexuality and identity and the difficulty it can be to be able to express yourself comfortably, discretely, safely and naturally, I am considering the possibility of creating a group for people that may be in the same position as myself.

Despite fab allowing me to be and feel who and what I am, it can prove difficult and daunting to arrange a meet and fun knowing it can be in a safe and relaxed situation.

As well as my personal status, I also have to consider my employment and any compromise that may arise. I very much doubt that I am alone with this predicament. I appreciate that others are reluctant to discuss and arrange anything because of their job.

That said and as previously stated, I would be willing to chat with and maybe start a group for others who need that trust and confidence for both their private and public lives.

If you would be interested then drop me a line. The aim is to create an environment where you can be assured there is trust. You never know who may be on here that you know and is just as nervous and hesitant to meet.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inky996Man
over a year ago

London

Completely agree, seems to be much more relaxed over in the UK even!

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Completely agree, seems to be much more relaxed over in the UK even!"

He's in the UK, but I get your meaning.

By *inky996Man
over a year ago

London

Facepalm, didn’t even see that. But yeah I mean over in England, Scotland and Wales more so

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How are you going to guarantee the discretion part?

Are you going to get everyone who wants to join your group? If so, how? What is stopping anyone just lying to gain access?

Good idea but faced with the realities of actually ensuring this I think it will be difficult to get pfft he ground.

By *airground OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Very true. The site is difficult enough with fakes and timewasters.

I guess I am relying on someone approaching it earnestly. Investing in the idea.

It doesn't necessarily have to be something that has to happen here. Open to discuss and explore on other platforms.

By *eckycd41TV/TS
over a year ago

Navan

I'm open to that so much to lose

By *ortadowncplCouple
over a year ago

Portadown

We would be interested, I’ve sent a pm.

over a year ago

My number one priority on here is discretion.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Do we not already do this ourselves, individually, to an extent? Over time you build up a select amount of contacts whom you have, yourself, met and built up friendships with. People you know you can trust. People you are comfortable introducing to each other or bringing together.

Discretion isn't something that's immediately obvious. Profiles and people talk about discretion and being discreet, but yet if you log into chatrooms on other sites on any given Sunday night, you'll see blow by blow accounts being given in excruciating Shiraz-fuelled detail of named Fabbers and their activities over the weekend at clubs or parties... Who rode who, or how many cocks x, y or z took. I came to Fab already recognising many profile names purely from all the stories divulged about them in chatrooms elsewhere. I've had conversations with Fabbers, both male and female, who keep their own verifications hidden because 'who I've played with is nobody's business' and wondered should I tell them that I already know much of their activities through 3rd parties broadcasting them? There are Fabbers I've never even spoken to, who's real names I know, because they were let slip when being talked about in chatrooms, or even on one particular occasion I witnessed in person where Fabbers activities were being loudly discussed and cackled about over the phone on a crowded train carriage. Everyone in that carriage knew by the time that phone call ended who various sexy fookers were, both by user name and real name, where they were from and who they'd had a gallop on the previous Saturday night. Yeah. I could have gone up the carriage and told her to shut up... But then... Who wants to put themselves on someone like that's radar? So I just blocked her instead and to this day still avoid clubs and events these people attend.

Only you yourself can decide who is trustworthy.

over a year ago

"Do we not already do this ourselves, individually, to an extent? Over time you build up a select amount of contacts whom you have, yourself, met and built up friendships with. People you know you can trust. People you are comfortable introducing to each other or bringing together.

Discretion isn't something that's immediately obvious. Profiles and people talk about discretion and being discreet, but yet if you log into chatrooms on other sites on any given Sunday night, you'll see blow by blow accounts being given in excruciating Shiraz-fuelled detail of named Fabbers and their activities over the weekend at clubs or parties... Who rode who, or how many cocks x, y or z took. I came to Fab already recognising many profile names purely from all the stories divulged about them in chatrooms elsewhere. I've had conversations with Fabbers, both male and female, who keep their own verifications hidden because 'who I've played with is nobody's business' and wondered should I tell them that I already know much of their activities through 3rd parties broadcasting them? There are Fabbers I've never even spoken to, who's real names I know, because they were let slip when being talked about in chatrooms, or even on one particular occasion I witnessed in person where Fabbers activities were being loudly discussed and cackled about over the phone on a crowded train carriage. Everyone in that carriage knew by the time that phone call ended who various sexy fookers were, both by user name and real name, where they were from and who they'd had a gallop on the previous Saturday night. Yeah. I could have gone up the carriage and told her to shut up... But then... Who wants to put themselves on someone like that's radar? So I just blocked her instead and to this day still avoid clubs and events these people attend.

Only you yourself can decide who is trustworthy. "

We've lost count of the users whose profiles claim discretion who within a few messages are gossiping or bitching about others or bragging about fwbs.

over a year ago

Fabs is secure if you use it correctly with the privacy features, verifications, site supporter features. The site is also HTTPS encrypted and the site is trusted (track record). What makes your group discrete/secure? Is it just that it is just not Fabs.

The one thing I would like Fabs do is remove their watermark from uploaded pictures to make it more discrete.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I can't see how a group increases discretion and creates a safer environment. Quite contrary you're exposing yourself to more people than just your meets. The weakest link is always the human beings. All it needs is a bad nut or a loose mouth.

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

"I can't see how a group increases discretion and creates a safer environment. Quite contrary you're exposing yourself to more people than just your meets. The weakest link is always the human beings. All it needs is a bad nut or a loose mouth."

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

Is this place not discreet enough

over a year ago

"I can't see how a group increases discretion and creates a safer environment. Quite contrary you're exposing yourself to more people than just your meets. The weakest link is always the human beings. All it needs is a bad nut or a loose mouth."

Exactly, it's not fab that's the problem,it's human nature.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

"I can't see how a group increases discretion and creates a safer environment. Quite contrary you're exposing yourself to more people than just your meets. The weakest link is always the human beings. All it needs is a bad nut or a loose mouth.

Exactly, it's not fab that's the problem,it's human nature."

Yep what they all said !

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I can't see how a group increases discretion and creates a safer environment. Quite contrary you're exposing yourself to more people than just your meets. The weakest link is always the human beings. All it needs is a bad nut or a loose mouth.

Exactly, it's not fab that's the problem,it's human nature.

Yep what they all said !"

Thats it loose lips sink ships or is that sloppy bj's

over a year ago

I agree ...but a man and woman agreeing never thought I'd see the day

over a year ago

"Fabs is secure if you use it correctly with the privacy features, verifications, site supporter features. The site is also HTTPS encrypted and the site is trusted (track record). What makes your group discrete/secure? Is it just that it is just not Fabs.

The one thing I would like Fabs do is remove their watermark from uploaded pictures to make it more discrete."

What on earth has https got to do with this discussion?

Removing the watermark means more daddies would just copy the pictures and set up profiles using them.

By *ortadowncplCouple
over a year ago

Portadown

A group where it is invite only and each person is vouched for by others will be a much smaller and more secure group.

over a year ago

"Do we not already do this ourselves, individually, to an extent? Over time you build up a select amount of contacts whom you have, yourself, met and built up friendships with. People you know you can trust. People you are comfortable introducing to each other or bringing together.

Only you yourself can decide who is trustworthy. "

loise lips, & an element of "look how great/kinky I am" ... given how much personal info people share on various social media sites, then talking about their adventures on Fab is hardly surprising.

over a year ago

"Fabs is secure if you use it correctly with the privacy features, verifications, site supporter features. The site is also HTTPS encrypted and the site is trusted (track record). What makes your group discrete/secure? Is it just that it is just not Fabs.

The one thing I would like Fabs do is remove their watermark from uploaded pictures to make it more discrete."

the photo stealers would love if the watermark was removed

over a year ago

The one thing I would like Fabs do is remove their watermark from uploaded pictures to make it more discrete.

Removing the watermark means more daddies would just copy the pictures and set up profiles using them. "

HTTPS means any picture uloaded, email/shared is not visable by a hacker/snooper when being transmitted/sent over the internet. KIK is not encrypted. It is one feature I mentioned.

Fabs was not encrypted a few years ago.

A stolen picture can be cropped easily to remove water mark.

This is a forum conversation where every opinion can be given. Your tone is very aggressive I have to say.

over a year ago

Removing the watermark means more daddies would just copy the pictures and set up profiles using them.

HTTPS means any picture uloaded, email/shared is not visable by a hacker/snooper when being transmitted/sent over the internet. KIK is not encrypted. It is one feature I mentioned.

This is a forum conversation where every opinion can be given. Your tone is very aggressive I have to say."

No it doesn’t. Unless you can guarantee the connection is to the correct server/computer.

Not if the watermark is done properly.

Where did I stop you giving your opinion or indeed say that it was not welcome? It’s the internet, if you think that is aggressive better not venture too far in case your delicate nature can’t take it

over a year ago

This is a forum conversation where every opinion can be given. Your tone is very aggressive I have to say.

No it doesn’t. Unless you can guarantee the connection is to the correct server/computer.

Where did I stop you giving your opinion or indeed say that it was not welcome? It’s the internet, if you think that is aggressive better not venture too far in case your delicate nature can’t take it "

If you make a connection (when you browse to the site) between your device and the servers hosting the fabs content (pictures etc), when that site is using HTTPS/SSL, the connection between your device and the site servers is encrypted. So when you enter your password, send an email or upload a picture etc, all that data is encrypted. If your device is hacked then yes the connection to the corrrect server/computer is compromised if that is what you are referring to......but that is not fabs issue, that is an issue with your device.

Check the fabs watermark on your picture..................very small, at the bottom......very easily cropped

Where did I stop you giving your opinion or indeed say that it was not welcome? It’s the internet, if you think that is aggressive better not venture too far in case your delicate nature can’t take it.

Your tone was condecending and dismissive, my point was valid...........just my opinion

over a year ago

Where did I stop you giving your opinion or indeed say that it was not welcome? It’s the internet, if you think that is aggressive better not venture too far in case your delicate nature can’t take it

If you make a connection (when you browse to the site) between your device and the servers hosting the fabs content (pictures etc), when that site is using HTTPS/SSL, the connection between your device and the site servers is encrypted. So when you enter your password, send an email or upload a picture etc, all that data is encrypted. If your device is hacked then yes the connection to the corrrect server/computer is compromised if that is what you are referring to......but that is not fabs issue, that is an issue with your device.

Check the fabs watermark on your picture..................very small, at the bottom......very easily cropped

Where did I stop you giving your opinion or indeed say that it was not welcome? It’s the internet, if you think that is aggressive better not venture too far in case your delicate nature can’t take it.

Your tone was condecending and dismissive, my point was valid...........just my opinion "

Have a look at some research carried out by the awesomely named moxie marlinspike that will show why your point is not (always) correct.

That’s why I said if the watermark was done correctly.

Whilst you can make any point you like when I see something that is not necessarily correct I will say especially around this stuff as it is what I do for a living.

By *abraham_LincolnWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

Discreet*

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Discreet*"

Not necessarily in this case, he is looking for a detached group

over a year ago

Your tone was condecending and dismissive, my point was valid...........just my opinion

Have a look at some research carried out by the awesomely named moxie marlinspike that will show why your point is not (always) correct.

That’s why I said if the watermark was done correctly.

Whilst you can make any point you like when I see something that is not necessarily correct I will say especially around this stuff as it is what I do for a living. "

I will check Moxie out

By *airground OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"A group where it is invite only and each person is vouched for by others will be a much smaller and more secure group."

This is more in line to what I was suggesting.

I get the point that by being selective on fab, may allow you that same function of discretion but I would consider my idea as a second layer of safety.

Whilst I enjoyed the discussion regarding encrytption et al, it wasn't why I initiated this conversation.

Post new Message to Thread