Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Sober

Jump to newest

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

Well guys, I am just throwing the question in the air...

Would you meet or even play someone without help of alcohol or any other funny substances ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well guys, I am just throwing the question in the air...

Would you meet or even play someone without help of alcohol or any other funny substances ?"

None of my meets had alcohol or funny substances involved

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
over a year ago

in the waves

Yes... Prefer to be sober on play meets.

over a year ago

no we would prefer if our meets weren't d*unk or high. a few drinks are no problem though. never understood why you would want to be high as a kite or d*unk off their faces when meeting.

over a year ago

I prefer me & my meets to be sober & drug free ...if you need Dutch courage the question do you really want to do what you think you want to do

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

Wow...oh ok...well i dont drink myslef cause i think it is not worth it the next day. Plus i dont like to numb my senses...

Would you agree on that with me?

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

"no we would prefer if our meets weren't d*unk or high. a few drinks are no problem though. never understood why you would want to be high as a kite or d*unk off their faces when meeting. "

Well...i was expecting that. Dont get me wrong, we live in Ireland, which is kind of a norm to even have a drink for breakfast sort of speech. If you dont drink you kind of stand out from the crowd and you are just "different"...which annoys me big time.

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

Would you meet or even play someone without help of alcohol or any other funny substances ?

None of my meets had alcohol or funny substances involved"

Thank God, im not the only one on that

over a year ago

I wouldn't want to meet (and certainly not play ) with someone who's either d*unk or high, and I would feel like I was taking advantage if I played with someone who had to dose up in order to meet me. A couple of drinks together on a social meet is grand, but definitely wouldn't entertain playing together with lots of drink on board, I only want natural chemistry on a meet.

over a year ago

I don't drink and i like to meet sober people to play. I don't mind someone who has had only one or two like at the clubs/parties. If I am meeting outside of that it is usually sober meets.

By *kblueeyesCouple
over a year ago

kilkenny

We enjoy a drink and getting to know people socially first, no big deal bit of an icebreaker

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

"I wouldn't want to meet (and certainly not play ) with someone who's either d*unk or high, and I would feel like I was taking advantage if I played with someone who had to dose up in order to meet me. A couple of drinks together on a social meet is grand, but definitely wouldn't entertain playing together with lots of drink on board, I only want natural chemistry on a meet."

Had this meet once, not on here...this was really bad experience to this extent that i wanted to go...but it will be rude of me just walk away so i bite my tongue and just did it with a huge moral hangover.. never ever again.

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

"We enjoy a drink and getting to know people socially first, no big deal bit of an icebreaker "

Dont get me wrong, i do drink but only coffee. Im coffee and chocoholic.

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Would you meet or even play someone without help of alcohol or any other funny substances ?"

I very rarely drink so I'm always sober on a meet

over a year ago

"no we would prefer if our meets weren't d*unk or high. a few drinks are no problem though. never understood why you would want to be high as a kite or d*unk off their faces when meeting.

Well...i was expecting that. Dont get me wrong, we live in Ireland, which is kind of a norm to even have a drink for breakfast sort of speech. If you dont drink you kind of stand out from the crowd and you are just "different"...which annoys me big time. "

i don't drink and dee rarely does. it surpises a lot of my polish and chinese co workers when they find out. no problem with people drinking and i don't ram it down people's necks, just a problem with people drinking to excess.

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

"I don't drink and i like to meet sober people to play. I don't mind someone who has had only one or two like at the clubs/parties. If I am meeting outside of that it is usually sober meets. "

Have you ever come across with this loom on peoples faces that you dont drink, or id you happen to have a glass of wine they would look at you...and think...what a weirdo?

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

"no we would prefer if our meets weren't d*unk or high. a few drinks are no problem though. never understood why you would want to be high as a kite or d*unk off their faces when meeting.

Well...i was expecting that. Dont get me wrong, we live in Ireland, which is kind of a norm to even have a drink for breakfast sort of speech. If you dont drink you kind of stand out from the crowd and you are just "different"...which annoys me big time.

i don't drink and dee rarely does. it surpises a lot of my polish and chinese co workers when they find out. no problem with people drinking and i don't ram it down people's necks, just a problem with people drinking to excess."

The excess is the other issue, hate it myself...why would you do it to yourself...? At work people used to ask me...(not anymore hehe) how was my holidays? Did you get good few drinks ? I bet you were d*unk all day long ?

I dont understand the drinking side of your time off...some peole think if your are not at work you must be at the pub/club and drink till you fall...crazy

over a year ago

I had a few hook ups that are blanks or very vague when I was much younger, I regret now not being able to remember.

As for meets, I have been to a couple of socials and a few parties so a drink or two might have preceded the fun. Actually boozed up? Nah.

By *ccasionalcpl101Couple
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden

Yes we enjoy a drink and a joint. However have had loads of completely sober meets x

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

Yes we enjoy a drink and a joint. However have had loads of completely sober meets x"

I think sober meets appeal to me much better

By *eracityMan
over a year ago

the big smoke

I’m a non drinker but with the other party/parties want to lube up first I’ve no issues. As long as it’s done in moderation.

If someone is off their head, I’m off the bed.

over a year ago

Don't drink at all...have absolutely no interest in it but if at a meet and a lady wanted to have a drink absolutely no worries at all,her own choice to do whatever makes her feel relaxed and comfortable but will not meet smokers ,each to their own and all that but smokers are just not my scene ...

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

Don't drink at all...have absolutely no interest in it but if at a meet and a lady wanted to have a drink absolutely no worries at all,her own choice to do whatever makes her feel relaxed and comfortable but will not meet smokers ,each to their own and all that but smokers are just not my scene ..."

I have to be honest. I had few drinks in the past alright, wven then i felt it is to much adter 2 or 3 pints, but for last year or maybe more i never touch alcohol.

I wanted to know the fabbers opinion how it does it work or not for you. That was the purpose of the topic.

Im kind of getting the picture... .

I guess we are all different and have different view on that matter, as long we all respect each other

over a year ago

Don't drink at all...have absolutely no interest in it but if at a meet and a lady wanted to have a drink absolutely no worries at all,her own choice to do whatever makes her feel relaxed and comfortable but will not meet smokers ,each to their own and all that but smokers are just not my scene ..."

I agree I like a smoke free meet also

By *rez OP   Man
over a year ago

Mungret

Don't drink at all...have absolutely no interest in it but if at a meet and a lady wanted to have a drink absolutely no worries at all,her own choice to do whatever makes her feel relaxed and comfortable but will not meet smokers ,each to their own and all that but smokers are just not my scene ...

I agree I like a smoke free meet also "

I assume the ashtray smell its not your thing, when kissing?

over a year ago

I don't drink at all any more. I have very strict rules on sleeping with d*unk people.

At 16 I was d*unk and had to be carried home by someone I trusted and he rap.ed me. Even though i begged him to stop and remember it all. At the time no one believed me because I was d*unk and he was sober.

Sense i have giving up drinking I refuse to be with anyone who is d*unk. Drugs are a no go for me for me. Dont bring them near or around me.

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

I prefer to be sober for a meet. I don’t mind one or two drinks. But not p*ssed d*unk. I prefer ya both to fully experience the fun.

By *illium_cobblersMan
over a year ago

swords & Derby

Dont mix drink and sex, just ruins the performance

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Are Irish people who don't drink or rarely drink really that unusual anymore?? Thinking about it just now, lots of my friends, regardless of age, don't drink or rarely drink, and the last time I was out for a night, those who did cut themselves off after two or three drinks saying they'd had enough. Is the stereotypical Irish dr*nk now largely a remnant of the past?

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Old bog road

I never drink when out these days, as I have to drive home. For a meet up, I prefer all parties to have our wits about us, and only do sober meets.

over a year ago

I think more and more people are drinking less than before.

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

"Are Irish people who don't drink or rarely drink really that unusual anymore?? Thinking about it just now, lots of my friends, regardless of age, don't drink or rarely drink, and the last time I was out for a night, those who did cut themselves off after two or three drinks saying they'd had enough. Is the stereotypical Irish dr*nk now largely a remnant of the past?"

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

over a year ago

I agree I like a smoke free meet also

I assume the ashtray smell its not your thing, when kissing?"

Oh not all immediately I get turned off

over a year ago

"Are Irish people who don't drink or rarely drink really that unusual anymore?? Thinking about it just now, lots of my friends, regardless of age, don't drink or rarely drink, and the last time I was out for a night, those who did cut themselves off after two or three drinks saying they'd had enough. Is the stereotypical Irish dr*nk now largely a remnant of the past?"

I hope so. I'm not a regular drinker now, but found in the past I mostly drank on nights out to take the edge off being surrounded by d*unk people. It's good it's changing.

over a year ago

Unfortunately a lot of people now are on drugs. Which in my opinion is much more dangerous than drink.

By *allying555Man
over a year ago

Galway .Limerick

I have had. All Sober meets.

over a year ago

"Are Irish people who don't drink or rarely drink really that unusual anymore?? Thinking about it just now, lots of my friends, regardless of age, don't drink or rarely drink, and the last time I was out for a night, those who did cut themselves off after two or three drinks saying they'd had enough. Is the stereotypical Irish dr*nk now largely a remnant of the past? Unfortunately a lot of people now are on drugs. Which in my opinion is much more dangerous than drink. "

I think they are both just as dangerous as each other and when mixed leathal combo....

over a year ago

"Are Irish people who don't drink or rarely drink really that unusual anymore?? Thinking about it just now, lots of my friends, regardless of age, don't drink or rarely drink, and the last time I was out for a night, those who did cut themselves off after two or three drinks saying they'd had enough. Is the stereotypical Irish dr*nk now largely a remnant of the past? Unfortunately a lot of people now are on drugs. Which in my opinion is much more dangerous than drink.

I think they are both just as dangerous as each other and when mixed leathal combo.... "

Even in the local now most youngsters are snorting and downing shorts like there's no tomorrow..

over a year ago

"I don't drink at all any more. I have very strict rules on sleeping with d*unk people.

At 16 I was d*unk and had to be carried home by someone I trusted and he rap.ed me. Even though i begged him to stop and remember it all. At the time no one believed me because I was d*unk and he was sober.

Sense i have giving up drinking I refuse to be with anyone who is d*unk. Drugs are a no go for me for me. Dont bring them near or around me.

"

Sorry to hear you had that happen to you lady...it's totally dispicable to happen a lady at any age let alone such a tender age of 16 .

over a year ago

I would never meet anyone while d*unk. I'm very much an occasional and light drinker anyway so that wouldn't be an issue with me. As for anything else, I never touch it.

By *ocketman99Man
over a year ago

fermanagh

I’d have me a few celebratory drinks AFTER a meet! There’s plenty of time to drink after the meet!

over a year ago

You can’t be sure of consent if someone is on spark plugs or pissed off their tits. A no for Barney.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Dr*gs do seem to be more prevalent now. My local updates are filled with people offering dr*gs in exchange for meets. I posted an update myself recently mentioning 'white bits' after a few hours in the sun. This morning there was a message from someone to say they had 'white' if I still wanted some, how much it was, and asking where I wanted it delivered to!

Post new Message to Thread