Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

And then there was one..

Jump to newest

By *oirelove OP   Couple
over a year ago

Galway

Is it just me.. Or are there loads of well verified couples profiles here where it is clear the female was well involved, (perhaps even quite recently) but who turn out now to be just the male.

I do understand why you'd hang on to your couples profile, it's tough out there for single males, and perhaps you're thinking some day she'll get back on board with it or whatever?

I'm sure a few of those who verified you when you were swinging as a couple would be happy to verify a single profile for you also now though. Keeping up the couples charade up until its almost coffee meet time must be tiring.. And ultimately fruitless... And annoying. Did I mention annoying

The end.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe they're hoping the wife will have gotten back onto the saddle by the time they talk you into the coffee

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

i have not come across that but have come across ladies from a couple still on their couple profile .

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

We’ve also had chats with a couple who it later transpired was just the male half because the woman just had a baby a couple of weeks before!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Maybe it's only a temporary thing and that's why they haven't changed?

I had this kind of situation myself a few years back where my partner could rarely meet because he had become the full-time carer for an ill parent. We knew it, our friends knew it, and it was stated on our profile that he wasn't meeting, and that I was only meeting existing friends. But some people don't read profiles and even when they do, often have the arrogance to think that they will be the exception to everyone's rules, no matter what the circumstances. We still got mail asking us both to meet, to which I replied explaining what was already stated on our profile. People got needlessly annoyed over it and reported our profile. So he logged in one day to discover that he had been removed and our profile was changed to that of a single female. Wasn't that a lovely surprise for someone who had already given up so much?

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

It's always been a part of on here. Talk/act like couple profile but when it comes time to meet it will only ever be the male alone.

and a lot of the veris will be "met the male half of this duo".

That's not to say its always the case, its just something that does happen.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"It's always been a part of on here. Talk/act like couple profile but when it comes time to meet it will only ever be the male alone.

That's not to say its always the case, its just something that does happen."

I've met male halves of couples (with their wife's blessing) solo, and verified them as such. Their wives are now among my friends, but I hadn't met them at the time.

There are single males on couple's profiles, but as you said, it's not always the case.

By *oirelove OP   Couple
over a year ago

Galway

"It's always been a part of on here. Talk/act like couple profile but when it comes time to meet it will only ever be the male alone.

That's not to say its always the case, its just something that does happen.

I've met male halves of couples (with their wife's blessing) solo, and verified them as such. Their wives are now among my friends, but I hadn't met them at the time.

There are single males on couple's profiles, but as you said, it's not always the case. "

Ah yeah we've both done that also and we enjoy meeting separately. It's just so nice to know that everyone knows. Ya know?

over a year ago

"Maybe they're hoping the wife will have gotten back onto the saddle by the time they talk you into the coffee "

Or maybe they are still a couple,and just not as keen to meet as he had hoped.

That's the trouble with couples,you got to interest both of them

over a year ago

"Maybe they're hoping the wife will have gotten back onto the saddle by the time they talk you into the coffee

That's the trouble with couples,you got to interest both of them "

Or maybe the couple need to make sure they're singing from the same hymn sheet in the first place

over a year ago

"Maybe they're hoping the wife will have gotten back onto the saddle by the time they talk you into the coffee

Or maybe the couple need to make sure they're singing from the same hymn sheet in the first place"

That as well

By *oirelove OP   Couple
over a year ago

Galway

Or maybe the couple need to make sure they're singing from the same hymn sheet in the first place

That as well "

Yup

Post new Message to Thread