Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

So how did it happen

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondering where or how did it begin for couples to start swinging with your partner...

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Not a couple anymore, but my ex partner told me he had swung in the past. He didn't bring it up as a way to get me swinging... It was just an admission. At first I was shocked and needed some time to process, because, like most people being introduced to the subject for the first time, I had preconceptions and wild images in my head. But... I'm a naturally curious person, and even if I think something might not be for me, that doesn't mean I want to judge based on preconceptions and assumptions, so I brought the subject up with him again next time we spoke, told him I wanted to know more, and had my questions ready. He didn't go into graphic details, he didn't give away anyone's secrets, he just gave me a broad outline of his experiences both as part of a couple in the past, and as a single, and we actually had a laugh over some of the notions I'd had in my head about swinging. A week or two later, I decided I'd like to give it a try, and mentioned it to him, and naturally being a man, he thought all his Christmases had come at once and he set up our joint profile that night

If you've mentioned swinging to your partner and they're uncomfortable even discussing it, they probably will never be comfortable with it and are probably quite resentful every time you even bring up the subject. They may even feel they're being badgered. If your partner is genuinely interested and curious, they'll bring the subject up again themselves

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We've been honest with each other about everything from the start. When discussing fantasies one night,Lee said we should try it and I set up a profile on fab the next day

over a year ago

"Not a couple anymore, but my ex partner told me he had swung in the past. He didn't bring it up as a way to get me swinging... It was just an admission. At first I was shocked and needed some time to process, because, like most people being introduced to the subject for the first time, I had preconceptions and wild images in my head. But... I'm a naturally curious person, and even if I think something might not be for me, that doesn't mean I want to judge based on preconceptions and assumptions, so I brought the subject up with him again next time we spoke, told him I wanted to know more, and had my questions ready. He didn't go into graphic details, he didn't give away anyone's secrets, he just gave me a broad outline of his experiences both as part of a couple in the past, and as a single, and we actually had a laugh over some of the notions I'd had in my head about swinging. A week or two later, I decided I'd like to give it a try, and mentioned it to him, and naturally being a man, he thought all his Christmases had come at once and he set up our joint profile that night

If you've mentioned swinging to your partner and they're uncomfortable even discussing it, they probably will never be comfortable with it and are probably quite resentful every time you even bring up the subject. They may even feel they're being badgered. If your partner is genuinely interested and curious, they'll bring the subject up again themselves "

Thanks for advise

I’ll never bring it up with her again as I know swinging isn’t for her

Am just curious how it all happened for others

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

We both wanted to explore more, talking about fantasizes etc and how to fulfill them. We found fab and never looked back!

over a year ago

"We've been honest with each other about everything from the start. When discussing fantasies one night,Lee said we should try it and I set up a profile on fab the next day "

Ya see this is what I taught would have happened

over a year ago

"We've been honest with each other about everything from the start. When discussing fantasies one night,Lee said we should try it and I set up a profile on fab the next day

Ya see this is what I taught would have happened "

Well a lot of things can prevent that,societal norms, attitudes towards promiscuity learned earlier, insecurity about one's appearance,lack of trust in a partner or other insecurities about the relationship, taking time to come around to the idea,to name just a few

over a year ago

"We've been honest with each other about everything from the start. When discussing fantasies one night,Lee said we should try it and I set up a profile on fab the next day

Well a lot of things can prevent that,societal norms, attitudes towards promiscuity learned earlier, insecurity about one's appearance,lack of trust in a partner or other insecurities about the relationship, taking time to come around to the idea,to name just a few"

I totally agree with this ... unless both parties are completely in agreement I really don’t believe that swinging is the road to take ... personally I think there are a lot of couples on here who are only taking part to keep their partner happy which in my eyes is all wrong

By *oireloveCouple
over a year ago

Galway

We had some near misses with some hot friends we know in the vanilla world and this led to some fantasizing. In the end we came to the conclusion it might be less complicated to take it online and away from our real lives. It's been an interesting journey with some unexpected twists and turns

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Just wondering where or how did it begin for couples to start swinging with your partner...

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore "

------------------------

Op you just need to sit down and watch a swinging comedy or documentary together

...and say "Can you imagine people do that?"

...before you know it, she'll have talked you into a threesome & it'll all be her idea!!!

...& if it doesn't work, you'll be on the sofa for a week

over a year ago

Well a lot of things can prevent that,societal norms, attitudes towards promiscuity learned earlier, insecurity about one's appearance,lack of trust in a partner or other insecurities about the relationship, taking time to come around to the idea,to name just a few

I totally agree with this ... unless both parties are completely in agreement I really don’t believe that swinging is the road to take ... personally I think there are a lot of couples on here who are only taking part to keep their partner happy which in my eyes is all wrong "

How’s my old friend hope you are keeping well

over a year ago

I totally agree with this ... unless both parties are completely in agreement I really don’t believe that swinging is the road to take ... personally I think there are a lot of couples on here who are only taking part to keep their partner happy which in my eyes is all wrong

How’s my old friend hope you are keeping well "

I’m doing good Norman .... I hope your behaving lol

By *DSGCouple
over a year ago

That place in

Met on a Fab night out became fuck buddies then decided to open a couple's account afterwords and still going strong

over a year ago

An ex...God Damit did he open a can of worms

By *lectric blueMan
over a year ago

dublin

[Removed by poster at 12/04/19 22:17:54]

By *lectric blueMan
over a year ago

dublin

Mad how someone's partner won't discuss with them the fact they are cheating on them, so guess they should just carry on behind their back.

It's swinging with not swinging without!!

Just curious as to what advice you expected to get from this post.

over a year ago

"Just wondering where or how did it begin for couples to start swinging with your partner...

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore "

I would think with most it probably started when one of them wasn't able to satisfy the other in the bedroom.

over a year ago

So why be together then . U want sumthing more and sges not goin change.

over a year ago

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore I would think with most it probably started when one of them wasn't able to satisfy the other in the bedroom."

How did you draw that conclusion?

By *oireloveCouple
over a year ago

Galway

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore I would think with most it probably started when one of them wasn't able to satisfy the other in the bedroom."

Dunno who you've been talking to but I'll call bullsh*t on that one. . I think that often longterm couples who are really solid and satisfied in their marriage, sexually and otherwise get into swinging precisely because they are happy and comfortable to share eachother and push sexual boundaries even further - without jealousy. And not because of any deficiency. I actually think swinging can be like a shared hobby for some couples. (like golf, but with more balls)

And ain't nothing unhealthy about that!

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Where on earth do theses people come out of...

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore I would think with most it probably started when one of them wasn't able to satisfy the other in the bedroom.

Dunno who you've been talking to but I'll call bullsh*t on that one. . I think that often longterm couples who are really solid and satisfied in their marriage, sexually and otherwise get into swinging precisely because they are happy and comfortable to share eachother and push sexual boundaries even further - without jealousy. And not because of any deficiency. I actually think swinging can be like a shared hobby for some couples. (like golf, but with more balls)

And ain't nothing unhealthy about that! "

Perfectly put.....

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

it’s a total no no for my missus and won’t even discuss it anymore I would think with most it probably started when one of them wasn't able to satisfy the other in the bedroom.

Where on earth do theses people come out of... "

Don't stoop to it folks.

He couldn't satisfy MaryAnn and is bitter

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Don't stoop to it folks.

He couldn't satisfy MaryAnn and is bitter "

Your right of course....just too reactionary tonight...

over a year ago

Don't stoop to it folks.

He couldn't satisfy MaryAnn and is bitter "

I big cock Maryann not able to look after.She look for small cock.

over a year ago

How did you draw that conclusion?"

Why would you be bothered with someone else if you getting what you need at home.

over a year ago

How did you draw that conclusion? Why would you be bothered with someone else if you getting what you need at home. "

Do you know the in’s and out’s of the op’s personal life???? I’d say the answer to that is no so why do you feel you have the right to question anyone??

over a year ago

How did you draw that conclusion? Why would you be bothered with someone else if you getting what you need at home.

Do you know the in’s and out’s of the op’s personal life???? I’d say the answer to that is no so why do you feel you have the right to question anyone?? "

It's simple if your getting enough at home why travel.

over a year ago

How’s my old friend hope you are keeping well

I’m doing good Norman .... I hope your behaving lol"

Good to hear

I always behave you should know that

over a year ago

How did you draw that conclusion? Why would you be bothered with someone else if you getting what you need at home.

Do you know the in’s and out’s of the op’s personal life???? I’d say the answer to that is no so why do you feel you have the right to question anyone?? It's simple if your getting enough at home why travel."

Very happy at home and I have respected my partners decision...

who said I was travelling away from home I was just curious how it happened for other couples

My partner know I am on here doesn’t mean I am going around meeting people

over a year ago

Do you know the in’s and out’s of the op’s personal life???? I’d say the answer to that is no so why do you feel you have the right to question anyone?? It's simple if your getting enough at home why travel.

Very happy at home and I have respected my partners decision...

who said I was travelling away from home I was just curious how it happened for other couples

My partner know I am on here doesn’t mean I am going around meeting people "

I don't recall saying you travelling away from home.

over a year ago

How did you draw that conclusion? Why would you be bothered with someone else if you getting what you need at home. "

You clearly have no idea into how swinging works for couples, so I think it's best you close your mouth and open your mind

over a year ago

You clearly have no idea into how swinging works for couples, so I think it's best you close your mouth and open your mind "

Yes I know well what it's about didn't I already explain it above.

over a year ago

You clearly have no idea into how swinging works for couples, so I think it's best you close your mouth and open your mind Yes I know well what it's about didn't I already explain it above."

Stop digging yourself a hole and grow up, this site is for adults

over a year ago

You clearly have no idea into how swinging works for couples, so I think it's best you close your mouth and open your mind Yes I know well what it's about didn't I already explain it above.

Stop digging yourself a hole and grow up, this site is for adults "

Me digging how did you come to that conclusion. I said what I think and i an't changing my mind.

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

You poor deluded little man..

over a year ago

You poor deluded little man.. "

He’s a bit like u two lol

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

He’s a bit like u two lol"

Oh big balls on you!

Make a comment and immediately UNLOS

Gobshite!

By *oireloveCouple
over a year ago

Galway

He’s a bit like u two lol

Oh big balls on you!

Make a comment and immediately UNLOS

Gobshite!"

Agree

Post new Message to Thread