Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Competitive

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you consider yourself competitive? In life, sex, sport, work etc? By competitive I don’t just mean successful in the traditional sense of winning a prize or something but if for example you’re in a group setting (sex or everyday stuff) do you need to be the center of attention? The leader? The funniest, the hottest, the wittiest etc?

I think I’m fairly easy going and realise I probably fall within the average range and I’m comfortable with that. I enjoy myself and have fun without the need to be the best or the brightest... at least I think that’s the case

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like to be the funniest and ensure everyone is having a good time.. but not that competitive

over a year ago

No,I've never seen the point of playing things to win, e.g.competitive sports,you win and so what? No matter what you can do or what you look like,there will always be someone smarter,faster,taller,thinner,richer,better looking...why torture yourself trying to compete? Insecurity is at the root of it.

over a year ago

No it just happens

over a year ago

I wouldnt be competitive in any part of my life.

over a year ago

"No,I've never seen the point of playing things to win, e.g.competitive sports,you win and so what? No matter what you can do or what you look like,there will always be someone smarter,faster,taller,thinner,richer,better looking...why torture yourself trying to compete? Insecurity is at the root of it."

I agree with this to a large extent but do believe there’s a lot to be said for being your best self, competing against yourself I suppose, to reach the best you can be.

over a year ago

Not competitive no I’m more of a “do your best” kind of person. Enjoy boosting other people rather than competing against them I get more from it. You’ll never be the best at everything anyway.

over a year ago

I am probably very competitive and goal orientated in work and team sports where others depend on me. As an individual I would be much more easygoing, as I don't relish attention and value my privacy. I'm a great believer in the old saying 'Listen more and talk less.'

over a year ago

"No,I've never seen the point of playing things to win, e.g.competitive sports,you win and so what? No matter what you can do or what you look like,there will always be someone smarter,faster,taller,thinner,richer,better looking...why torture yourself trying to compete? Insecurity is at the root of it.

I agree with this to a large extent but do believe there’s a lot to be said for being your best self, competing against yourself I suppose, to reach the best you can be."

That's not competition per se,and also there's a danger of becoming obsessed with the pursuit of perfection.

over a year ago

I'm not the best, I'm good enough

over a year ago

"I'm not the best, I'm good enough"

Sounds like a good recipe for happiness

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

When I was growing up right into my late 20s I was extremely competitive, I was very sporty and wanted to do my absolute best every time both in team and individual sports. I was lucky (and proud) enough to hold national titles in different diciplines and also represented the country a few times.

Im fooked now lol but still try and beat my old man PB's on a daily basis

Sexually? Nah Im mr average

over a year ago

I do everything to win. 2nd place is the first of the losers

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

In some areas I am.... But only in things that are an actual competition. I have competed in a couple of different sports and liked to win when I put in an effort, otherwise why even try? in other areas though I'm quite happy to just go with the flow and simply enjoy the experience If someone else shines, I'm more than happy to let them and just enjoy their successes

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

I strive to be the most chilled out, laid back, content and happiest version of myself that I can be.

My only competition is myself.

By *hysoserious2012Man
over a year ago

meath louth border

I'm way to shy to be centre of attention but with work and that I like to do my best and fell I am a lot better than most at what I do but I would never say it a lot of it is confidence I have that at what I do at work but socially I'd be quite shy

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I was rather competitive in younger years, today I couldn't be arsed, waste of time and energy.

over a year ago

"I was rather competitive in younger years, today I couldn't be arsed, waste of time and energy. "

Nailed it,far better things to be doing than worrying how you compare with others

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Not in the least ,I'm happy and healthy so I'm winning already

By *ack 188Man
over a year ago

Dublin 15

By nature I'm competitive, but on fab the competition is unbelievable

over a year ago

What’s the point in doing something if your not the best at it!

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

I prefer moving chatting to new or known people on a one-to-one basis on a night out versus trying to get everyone's attention as I usually leave that to the "Alpha" of the group

...It's good to have a party trick up your sleeve though as at least you can have the choice whether to be low profile or gather attention

By *oseredWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I'm a naturally take charge kind of person and competitive. But I am not competitive in personality. I'm happy to blend in and go with the flow. Competitive in personality is really asking if they are attention seekers, bossy, insecure or vain.

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

south side

I used to be competitive, in school, sports, extreme sports. I found it easy to be the best at things I liked , and represented Ireland a few times. Now, I'm not interested in being top of the heap, either socially or professionally. Been there, done that. Now, I like to help others, whether it's public speaking or developing a business, or improving your chances on Fab. As for parties,.. Smaller, intimate, cosy, and yes I'm very comfortable but don't need to be the life and soul.

over a year ago

"When I was growing up right into my late 20s I was extremely competitive, I was very sporty and wanted to do my absolute best every time both in team and individual sports. I was lucky (and proud) enough to hold national titles in different diciplines and also represented the country a few times.

Im fooked now lol but still try and beat my old man PB's on a daily basis

Sexually? Nah Im mr average "

Lol

over a year ago

"I am probably very competitive and goal orientated in work and team sports where others depend on me. As an individual I would be much more easygoing, as I don't relish attention and value my privacy. I'm a great believer in the old saying 'Listen more and talk less.' "

As above. Took me a while to get the listen and talk less as I can talk for Ireland lol

Post new Message to Thread