By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Sorry what did u say

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ublinGirl92Woman
over a year ago

Hell

I get it quite often but I'm also deaf and it's usually if I don't wear my hearing aids. It can be a sign of something bad so my advice if it's recurrent would be to go see your doctor.

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"Any sufferers or advice?"
endure... sending you hugs of the highest order. Its fucking hell and then one day its not so much

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"Sorry what did u say "
thats not fucking funny

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Download a white noise sound app on your phone. It helps to relax for bed. As silence can be worse

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

i beleive thats horendous .

over a year ago

I feel for ya . Two friends of mine have it bad and had to take a medical disablement pension . Im no expert but not much can be done unless something has happened in the medical world recently

By *ragonfly777Man
over a year ago

belfast

Yep. Left ear! Very loud at times!

I’m led to believe there’s nowt can be done about it!!

over a year ago

Ooooooo I feel your pain

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

So, having listened to a lot of very loud, very heavy music for many years, my hearing is not the greatest.

I hate trying to have a conversation with someone in a noisy environment but I don't think that's tinnitus.

However, when I'm in a toilet, or any other small room with an overhead fan, I can hear music.

It's always something different and usually not something I'm familiar with, though sometimes close.

Is this the start of it and is there anything that I can do about it?

Other than avoiding overhead fans

over a year ago

"So, having listened to a lot of very loud, very heavy music for many years, my hearing is not the greatest.

I hate trying to have a conversation with someone in a noisy environment but I don't think that's tinnitus.

However, when I'm in a toilet, or any other small room with an overhead fan, I can hear music.

It's always something different and usually not something I'm familiar with, though sometimes close.

Is this the start of it and is there anything that I can do about it?

Other than avoiding overhead fans "

Loud noises can damage the inner ear more specifically the Organ of Corti, Short term exposure to loud noises 100dBA will cause temporary threshold shift which imbalances the hearing levels but this usually returns to normal, remember your younger days after a night out in a nightclub and how your hearing was a little askew after coming out but next day it had settled down.

As we age we all loose some high frequency hearing ability, this is due to the natural deterioration of the hairs in the inner ear.

Tinnitus is akin to a permanent threshold shift and can be very debilitating and I feel for anyone with this condition have suffered with ear infections for many ears which affected my hearing.

By *rade69Man
over a year ago

dublin

White noise is unreal.. helped me a lot I must say!!

In my line of work , there is a lot of loud banging, drilling, and alarms going off which has effected my hearing .

I jus wish i had the knowledge I have now to take care of them .... I try to look after them now .... due to abuse over the years ..

good luck OP

Post new Message to Thread