Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Man U fans

Jump to newest

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Do you want to beat City in the derby potentially putting Liverpool in the driving seat and hope for the best, or would you rather lose and make it almost certain that City will win the league.

I know you'd rather City win the league over Liverpool, but would you still want to lose the derby?

All hypothetical for now of course, it's just some United fans I know are saying they'd rather throw the game like Liverpool apparently did against Chelsea a few years back.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Yes

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

I don't think they have a choice really as city would beat them any way

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They beat themselves

By *ave181Man
over a year ago

Near Navan

ALAW?

over a year ago

I’d like to see spurs beating city knocking them out of the champions league so the quadruple isn’t on. United to then beat city but Liverpool drop points trying to win both competitions.

over a year ago

Liverpool win nothing as usual.

By *ainStainMan
over a year ago

Sandyford

I'd rather young scored a hat trick of Own goals and we lose to city than see Liverpool win the league

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/19 22:18:15]

over a year ago

"I'd rather young scored a hat trick of Own goals and we lose to city than see Liverpool win the league"
Dont worry Liverpool always slip up just ask Steven Gerrard.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Listening to united fans you would think no shots on target and losing 1-0 was a stroke of tactical genius.

They don't really have a say in what happens. Either city beat them or City lose it, united does not even come into the equation.

over a year ago

"Listening to united fans you would think no shots on target and losing 1-0 was a stroke of tactical genius.

They don't really have a say in what happens. Either city beat them or City lose it, united does not even come into the equation."

I suppose you could say the same about Liverpool it's out of their hands.Its for city to win it or city to lose it.

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

A month ago, United would have beaten city not now

By *andydevineMan
over a year ago

sligo

no one wants liverpool to win the league. I wonder why that is.

over a year ago

"Listening to united fans you would think no shots on target and losing 1-0 was a stroke of tactical genius.

They don't really have a say in what happens. Either city beat them or City lose it, united does not even come into the equation."

Barca played that game in 2nd gear

over a year ago

They don't really have a say in what happens. Either city beat them or City lose it, united does not even come into the equation.

"

Psg probably did the same we all know what happened to them.

over a year ago

Sala must have taken a bung. Even I could have scored with the dozens of dead certain opportunities he’s had recently. It’s harder to miss

By *achelsWoman
over a year ago

ni

Unfortunately United need all the points they can get as they’re not guaranteed a top 4 finish and I’m sure they’d prefer champions league football next season to europa league, the title is city’s to lose as they are the best team on paper! I’ve no doubt there’ll be a few twists and turns before the end of the season

over a year ago

Psg probably did the same we all know what happened to them. "

PSG are not really that good! Keep Mbappe quiet, that's half the battle!

Messi is incredible the second leg will be difficult for United but not impossible.

Just watching Barcas one touch passing last night really showed the difference in quality beaten La Liga and the Prem.

Barca Juve Final.... Messi v Ronaldo

over a year ago

I just hope nobody gets hurt and everyone has a good time...and most of all...get home safe!

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else

over a year ago

"The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else "

Goddam Brazilians eh

You do realise all the teams you quoted above were the Champions at the time they partook in said lowly European Cup!

On both occasions Manchester Utd won the "Champions League" they were not actual Champions!

Let's hope football is the real winner

Messi v Ronaldo... Messi to win cos he's fricken amazing

By *aidRXTV/TS
over a year ago

ashbourne

Id rather miss out on Europe altogether than Liverpool win the league!!!

Rx

over a year ago

I follow Liverpool. It's very strange to me seeing fans hope their own side lose.

Never once in my life have I wanted Liverpool to lose a game because of how it impacts another game. Even when I was young watching Kiverpool v Blackburn and Utd V West Ham on the same day. Everyone thought Liverpool would roll over. They didn't. Utd fucked up their own league that day.

If you hate another side more than you love your own I think there is something intrinsically wrong with your mindset.

If Utd had won the league that day then more power to them. Just like if City go and win it then they deserve it.

over a year ago

"The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout

competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else

Goddam Brazilians eh

You do realise all the teams you quoted above were the Champions at the time they partook in said lowly European Cup!

On both occasions Manchester Utd won the "Champions League" they were not actual Champions!

Messi v Ronaldo... Messi to win cos he's

fricken amazing "

errm...united won the league the sunday before the euro final against munich in 99. Yes they weren't title holders from the season before but at least they were english champs going into the final of the euro champ league. Pretty sure liverpool weren't champions of anything in 2005....

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Barca played that game in 2nd gear "

Barca humiliated them after the tackle on Messi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0GNKQQPHNU

They played how they play for people they want to disrespect. Waving the ball under their nose.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/19 13:45:43]

over a year ago

"The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout

competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else

Goddam Brazilians eh

Messi v Ronaldo... Messi to win cos he's

fricken amazing

errm...united won the league the sunday before the euro final against munich in 99. Yes they weren't title holders from the season before but at least they were english champs going into the final of the euro champ league. Pretty sure liverpool weren't champions of anything in 2005...."

Correct! Arsenal were the champions!

No Liverpool were not champs either. The point was you stated clubs like Forest and Villa who were worthy Champions and contestants of the European Cup at the time.

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Unfortunately United need all the points they can get as they’re not guaranteed a top 4 finish and I’m sure they’d prefer champions league football next season to europa league, the title is city’s to lose as they are the best team on paper! I’ve no doubt there’ll be a few twists and turns before the end of the season "

I never thought of the top 4 spot when I posted the thread.

It adds a bit more to the situation.

Must be a tough predicament.

Personally I think the title will come down to who has the balls and I think City have a bit more than Liverpool.

I was just interested to hear what the United fans though as like I said, a few I know said they would rather lose to City if it meant Liverpool not winning the league.

over a year ago

"Unfortunately United need all the points they can get as they’re not guaranteed a top 4 finish and I’m sure they’d prefer champions league football next season to europa league, the title is city’s to lose as they are the best team on paper! I’ve no doubt there’ll be a few twists and turns before the end of the season

Personally I think the title will come down to who has the balls and I think City have a bit more than Liverpool.

I was just interested to hear what the United fans though as like I said, a few I know said they would rather lose to City if it meant Liverpool not winning the league."

City are just too good GP

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Unfortunately United need all the points they can get as they’re not guaranteed a top 4 finish and I’m sure they’d prefer champions league football next season to europa league, the title is city’s to lose as they are the best team on paper! I’ve no doubt there’ll be a few twists and turns before the end of the season

I was just interested to hear what the United fans though as like I said, a few I know said they would rather lose to City if it meant Liverpool not winning the league.

City are just too good GP "

Yeah and have the experience to see it through.

Liverpool have the experience of just not getting over the line but who knows?

It will be strange one shouting for United in a couple of weeks, providing the race is still on of course.

By *ipsandthighsMan
over a year ago

dublin

As mentioned above what about when liverpool beat blackburn on last day of season in 95 had man utd won there game they would of won league....alot of utd fans are very bitter.

City will win utd because they are a much better side they wont need utds help! Doubt Ole will make it past next season.

over a year ago

"As mentioned above what about when liverpool beat blackburn on last day of season in 95 had man utd won there game they would of won league....alot of utd fans are very bitter.

City will win utd because they are a much better side they wont need utds help! Doubt Ole will make it past next season. "

OGS will not be Manu manager by the end of 2020

*spoiler

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

How can they keep ogs?

Last manager was blaming the players attitude, OGS said they had the players, the ability and it was the managers fault and he could fix it.

Looked like he could put his money where his mouth was, but its a dangerous bet to make, cause now the performance last night is 100% his fault and not the players.

He doubled down, said they are great players, some of the best etc etc.

Hopefully they can sell pogba and get some proper talent in, but they may end up stuck with him, I mean who would want him?

over a year ago

"The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else "

Your spot on. It wasn't Steven g that lost them the league when he slipped on the ball. It was their own fan's. They thought they had it won with about 10 games to go. All the fan's out celebrating an all them flag's. They picked up the cup for all the home games. Till there was no cup to pick up. If that's not big headed I don't now what is lol Priceless. You now what I say to that. Walk on walk on haha

over a year ago

Know

over a year ago

"As mentioned above what about when liverpool beat blackburn on last day of season in 95 had man utd won there game they would of won league....alot of utd fans are very bitter.

City will win utd because they are a much better side they wont need utds help! Doubt Ole will make it past next season.

*spoiler "

I think your wrong with that prediction.I believe they will give him time to get United back where they belong. Looking down on twiddlepool and oil city.

over a year ago

"The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else

Your spot on. It wasn't Steven g that lost them the league when he slipped on the ball. It was their own fan's. They thought they had it won with about 10 games to go. All the fan's out celebrating an all them flag's. They picked up the cup for all the home games. Till there was no cup to pick up. If that's not big headed I don't now what is lol Priceless. You now what I say to that. Walk on walk on haha"

Liverpool didn't win the league that particular season because they couldn't defend, simple

Nothing is won till its over!

over a year ago

*spoiler I think your wrong with that prediction.I believe they will give him time to get United back where they belong. Looking down on twiddlepool and oil city."

And that's why we love football as everyone has a different opinion

Kaizer happens to like OSG he's a bit of a hero, passionate and comes across very well in interviews. However he'll be gone if results go pear shaped!

City will win the Prem

Barca win the Champs

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Couldn't care less who wins as long as Liverpool dont maybe they should get mr delaney over to show them how its done.......

over a year ago

"Couldn't care less who wins as long as Liverpool dont maybe they should get mr delaney over to show them how its done......."

cos Ireland won the World Cup

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"The reason people don't want Liverpool to win the league is ...go into any pub or club when their match is on tv and you would think Brazil were playing .supporters ..if you call them that ...as most have never been to a field think they are the best team ever .and they weren't born when they last won the league ..and as for them winning 5 champion leagues ......they won it back in the day pre 1990 when it was a knockout competition called the European cup .when teams like Nottingham forest .Aston villa .Celtic and man United won it .just fed up listening to them .don't think wecouldbare it if they win the league ...so for a quiet summer like the last 19 ...com on city .spurs .Chelsea ..anyone else

Your spot on. It wasn't Steven g that lost them the league when he slipped on the ball. It was their own fan's. They thought they had it won with about 10 games to go. All the fan's out celebrating an all them flag's. They picked up the cup for all the home games. Till there was no cup to pick up. If that's not big headed I don't now what is lol Priceless. You now what I say to that. Walk on walk on haha

Liverpool didn't win the league that particular season because they couldn't defend, simple "

And in 2009 they lost out because they couldn't score enough goals.

2 losses and 11 draws

Maybe this year they'll get the balance just right.

3rd time lucky ans all that

over a year ago

Liverpool didn't win the league that particular season because they couldn't defend, simple

2 losses and 11 draws

3rd time lucky ans all that "

Kaizer is still not over 09 nevermind Rodgers season that was all about El Pistolero!

Statistically the best team that year, 100% record against top 4 sides but too many draws f*cked it all up

Anywho, Manu fans are great craic and long may it continue

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

2 losses and 11 draws

Kaizer is still not over 09 nevermind Rodgers season that was all about El Pistolero!

Statistically the best team that year, 100% record against top 4 sides but too many draws f*cked it all up

Anywho, Manu fans are great craic and long may it continue

"

One of them in work said to me 2 weeks ago that if the league started the week Ole took over then they would be top of the league.

I told him hat's the kinda stuff Liverpool fans used to say.

He wasn't too impressed.

They're starting to sound like everything they ever hated these days

over a year ago

2 losses and 11 draws

3rd time lucky ans all that "

So they couldn't score enough goals. An couldn't defined. So they were shit an the fans thought they were the best team in the world. We can call it the world cup for them if they win it this year.

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

2 losses and 11 draws

So they couldn't score enough goals. An couldn't defined. So they were shit an the fans thought they were the best team in the world. We can call it the world cup for them if they win it this year. "

I never thought they were the best. If they were then they would have won it.

Only the team on top after 38 games deserves it.

over a year ago

2 losses and 11 draws

So they couldn't score enough goals. An couldn't defined. So they were shit an the fans thought they were the best team in the world. We can call it the world cup for them if they win it this year. "

Liverpool are the greatest team in the universe

over a year ago

2 losses and 11 draws

So they couldn't score enough goals. An couldn't defined. So they were shit an the fans thought they were the best team in the world. We can call it the world cup for them if they win it this year.

"

GP do you what sucks about supporting the Reds????

Absolutely f*cking nothing!

*Disclaimer: The above statement excludes anything to do with Roy Hodgson

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

2 losses and 11 draws

*Disclaimer: The above statement excludes anything to do with Roy Hodgson "

Even Christian Poulsen?

over a year ago

2 losses and 11 draws

*Disclaimer: The above statement excludes anything to do with Roy Hodgson

Even Christian Poulsen? "

Paul Konchesky and his cranky mother

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 11/04/19 17:57:05]

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Well Op, it's really about scoring and ball control with some dribbling in there for good measure

You also don't want to have anything to do with fowl either

...but like you say it's all hypothetical on a swing site chatting about a bunch of overpaid men in shorts getting their kicks chasing around after an inanimate object

#ilovesoccer

-----------------

...Oh yeah, Chelsea all the way

"

You forgot it's also a game of two halves.

[in a cockney accent] And obviously at the end of the day....the gaffer's the man in charge and eh,...he's the one who makes the decisions

Post new Message to Thread