Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

How many women.....

Jump to newest

By *ryst In Isolde OP   Woman
over a year ago

your imagination

Are not looking to meet other women on Fab, but like to attend social events? (you thought it was going to be a 'does it take' joke didn't you? )

If you weren't a forum user, how would you like to hear about upcoming social events through Fab? Word of mouth? A direct mail informing you that there's an event coming up?

For once, I have a solid reason for asking this lol. Its not just me musing on Fab eccentricities this time

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Book marked for future perusing.

over a year ago

Not a Lady but Owls are my prefered method of communication

over a year ago

your imagination

"Not a Lady but Owls are my prefered method of communication "

They seem to lack the ability to read Eircodes!

over a year ago

your imagination

"Book marked for future perusing."

There's a reason I'm asking. Most social events are hosted by women. But many women aren't looking to meet other women, so they haven't ticked them on 'looking for', which means they don't see status updates or events posted by other women (and even if they do have them ticked, they only see the updates of women who match their age preferences). So, for event organisers like myself, posting a status update saying you still have places available for ladies is pointless. Unless you are already on their friend list or hotlist, they won't see it. This might actually be part of the reason why the uptake on places for Socials by ladies is slower than men. It's not that these women aren't interested, it's just that they don't know the events are happening unless they hear about it by word of mouth, or unless you do a direct mailshot (which can get you in trouble for spamming). Same with events run by couples, if you don't have couples ticked on 'looking for' you won't see their updates either.

I've made a suggestion on the Feedback forum that a socials option be added to 'looking for' or 'interests' so that those who would like to go can tick it and see updates about such events without compromising their meet filters. There are options for adult parties and clubs in 'interests', but none for Socials.

over a year ago

sounds like a great idea, hopefully management are listening

By *irishladMan
over a year ago

Malahide

Maybe a deadicated Ireland meets and event forum. 99% of the events on the meet forum are in the uk

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

The non forum users check the events page and the forum for posts, they just directly message and never interact. Sometimes you come across their profiles, they have like 100 veris and you never seen them before, you click around their veris and its like aclice down the rabbit hole, user after user with 20-50 veris you never seen before, active 2-3 hours ago.

over a year ago

your imagination

The 'Meet & Events' page though is, as someone already mentioned, mostly UK. Out of curiosity today I clicked on 'Meet & Events' on the homepage, and it was all UK. When I clicked on the 'Country/Region' menu to narrow my search, Ireland wasn't an option. All the counties were listed, but you can only search one county at a time. There were 0 listing for any of the counties in the South East, and 5 listing for the rest of the country, only 2 of which were actually socials (the others were meets posted in the events section). So obviously not many find it a useful tool either for posting or finding events.

over a year ago

A direct mail I never look at the Meets and Events section anymore.

over a year ago

There's a meet/events page?

I'm a woman but not interested in meeting women but enjoy going to socials. Usually just see them posted on Irish forums and message organiser directly.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"The 'Meet & Events' page though is, as someone already mentioned, mostly UK."

yeah because most events today are in the UK?

over a year ago

your imagination

"There's a meet/events page?

I'm a woman but not interested in meeting women but enjoy going to socials. Usually just see them posted on Irish forums and message organiser directly."

There is indeed. It's relatively simple if you're a Forum user. You see the threads. But lots don't use the forums, and if, like yourself with the meets/events page, they aren't even aware of the forums, they won't see the postings. I wouldn't have a clue that any were happening only for the forums!

over a year ago

your imagination

"The 'Meet & Events' page though is, as someone already mentioned, mostly UK.

yeah because most events today are in the UK?"

They list all upcoming events. Not just today. The two Irish events I mentioned that were listed were next weekend and next month. It's just not really user-friendly for Irish members.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

i luv chatting on the forums not much of a party goer though .

over a year ago

Maybe suggest that they add how to use forums and meetings page to the list that they show on how to use the site when you join. Least more would be aware then that it all exists.

over a year ago

"Book marked for future perusing.

There's a reason I'm asking. Most social events are hosted by women. But many women aren't looking to meet other women, so they haven't ticked them on 'looking for', which means they don't see status updates or events posted by other women (and even if they do have them ticked, they only see the updates of women who match their age preferences). So, for event organisers like myself, posting a status update saying you still have places available for ladies is pointless. Unless you are already on their friend list or hotlist, they won't see it. This might actually be part of the reason why the uptake on places for Socials by ladies is slower than men. It's not that these women aren't interested, it's just that they don't know the events are happening unless they hear about it by word of mouth, or unless you do a direct mailshot (which can get you in trouble for spamming). Same with events run by couples, if you don't have couples ticked on 'looking for' you won't see their updates either.

I've made a suggestion on the Feedback forum that a socials option be added to 'looking for' or 'interests' so that those who would like to go can tick it and see updates about such events without compromising their meet filters. There are options for adult parties and clubs in 'interests', but none for Socials. "

Some very good points made there. I just book marked as I was interested in the answer, I no longer go to socials for various reasons so wouldn't even be looking even if I knew where to look. It was only recently I found out about top pics, after 5 yrs lol, but it's because it never interested me untill I saw a post about a brave top pic. Had to ask where to look for it.

Post new Message to Thread