Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Psoriasis

Jump to newest

By *lucard5 OP   Man
over a year ago

kerry capital

Any of ye have it. Does it disgust you? Do you find it a hindrance and a curse? I'd like to hear your opinions.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dont have it, although I do have other immune system issues, but my father did. Depending on the extent and location of the plaques, I can see that it could be distressing for people and that others who don't know what it is might be put off by it.

over a year ago

If you have it. Try "childs farm unfragranced moisturiser for sensitive skin. Easy to apply moisturiser that dries quicker than any other cream I have used. Used to find dovabet very good but not as much anymore. The mpisturiser should be avaliable in your local boots or if not try online. Think it is on sale at the moment actually. X

By *lucard5 OP   Man
over a year ago

kerry capital

Tried most things including UV. Everything works for a while.

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

I've had it all my life doesn't disgust me in any way...it's part of me...best thing for it is the sun and watch your diet...beer, dairy, tomatoes and red peppers flare it up...

Stress is also a major factor...yoga really helps

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I have it, it does not disgust me, disgust is a bit harsh isnt it?

If I have an outbreak it will put me off meeting a new person for sex, and if its really bad I may put off meeting someone I know.

However, I met a girl a little while ago, not from here. I told her that I almost didnt come over cause i was on the tailend of a psoriasis outbreak, and the redness had calmed down, it had almost vanished but it was still there.

They told me it was silly they could barely see it. After the second round of passionate carry on, the psoriasis had become red and inflamed.

They just said "Oh I see what you mean", and ran off naked and came back with a vitmin moisturiser cream and started to rub it in.

Okay so what to do -

First, remember its an immune response, technically its not just a patch of dry skin. So you need to help the immune response.

1. You need to restore the PH level of the skin in that area to an acidic 4.5-6ph as its now destroyed and thats a fungus/bacteria barrier.

2. You need to kill all and any bacteria or fungus on your skin, this means friendly and harmful stuff.

3. You need to moisturise without undoing both the above.

so...

1 - To restore the ph you can use apple cider vinegar with the mother. It has the right ph and it has vitamins and minerals that will help the skin. (the mother is cloudy part of vinegar means unfiltered). Look for acidic soaps, acidic moisturisers.

The skin industry has been moving to more acidic base for their "sensitive" range, the new mouses and milks have been reformulated to be more acidic about 5.5ph but be careful picking.

2. Killing whats on the skin can be done with apple cider vinegar too, but it smells, you could use savlon, or uv rays too, it needs to be done while fixing the acid mantle. It will sometimes work on its own but may take drastically different times to work.

3. You need to make sure none of your products undo the work above. Carex hand wash is acidic, but dove is not. Your hair products might be neutral or even alkali, touching your hair then scratching the area would undo the work if that were the case. It can be really hard to find the ph level of soaps and moisturisers a lot dont list it. So spend some time googling, if you find one that a shop near sells, just go for it.

Lastly, it might just be a stress reaction, so try not to worry.

By *lucard5 OP   Man
over a year ago

kerry capital

Jesus that's a comprehensive care tip, but will try anything. Thanks

over a year ago

These sudo science creams and ph stuff is a waste of time just saying no offence. I had quite bad psoriasis since I was 17 so I did UV treatment every 2 years and now iam complety free. When I notice a tiny bit of red after a year or two I just book my appointment and go for a week or two of treatment .

over a year ago

Get medical creams and advice from your doctor not from Google.

over a year ago

"I've had it all my life doesn't disgust me in any way...it's part of me...best thing for it is the sun and watch your diet...beer, dairy, tomatoes and red peppers flare it up...

Stress is also a major factor...yoga really helps "

This .

OP try using Head & Shoulders as a shower gel and then cold pressed argon oil. The molecular structure enables it to absorb very quickly into the skin.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

My daughter has it ...and has some around her forehead which comes and goes stress effects her. Around two three weeks ago she decided to get her hair cut went to a local salon, for a trim and shape up. The hairdresser pointed out her psoriasis asking whst it was, my daughter explained and she said that contagious!!!! And went to the sink and started to scrub her hands, the other stylist said it's not contagious and tried to calm down the situation. Leaving my daughter feeling very humiliated and deeply upset

By *lucard5 OP   Man
over a year ago

kerry capital

That's so wrong. I got it first about 20 years ago on my scalp. Even without dr google I had an idea what it was. Went to the Doctor and said what I suspected. After checking it he laughed out loud and said it's Psoriasis alright. Prick. No apology

Post new Message to Thread