Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Wife not interested in sex

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What’s a man to do if the wife is not interested in sex anymore, and seems to be on her monthly thing every two weeks even she don’t understand why she is , and husband is highly sexed , has a wank each day just to sort him self out and not bother her , asking for a friend not on here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Please tell me if this is too personal I’ll take it down if I can

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"What’s a man to do if the wife is not interested in sex anymore, and seems to be on her monthly thing every two weeks even she don’t understand why she is , and husband is highly sexed , has a wank each day just to sort him self out and not bother her , asking for a friend not on here "

All to familiar

over a year ago

Welcome to my world

over a year ago

Thank you

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Only you can decide if this is too personal.

Anyhow I guess the way to go is to sit down with the wife and have an open conversation about needs, wants and desires on both sides and take it from there.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

there are women on here that don't get it off their guys too I would say .

over a year ago

"Only you can decide if this is too personal.

Anyhow I guess the way to go is to sit down with the wife and have an open conversation about needs, wants and desires on both sides and take it from there. "

I did, it fell on deaf ears

over a year ago

I did and she knows how I feel not been meen to her she is cool but well we pass it off at this stage , hence me on here

over a year ago

"I did and she knows how I feel not been meen to her she is cool but well we pass it off at this stage , hence me on here "

You mean your friend

By *ayomaleMan
over a year ago

ballina

Also know the feeling and have mention it to her but still no. Haven't met any one of here don't know if I ever will just like to read the forum and have an odd chat with people.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I did and she knows how I feel not been meen to her she is cool but well we pass it off at this stage , hence me on here "

Yeah but do you know what her need, wants and desires are?

Anyhow there's plenty of relationships where the sex went stale and if you can't fire it up again, maybe she's open to the idea of getting it somewhere else as long as you're discreet and keep it at an nsa level - given that the relationship is heathy in all other aspects.

over a year ago

Oh ye me friend god love him poor lad is lost he just needs to be wanted

over a year ago

No she not getting it anywhere else trust me on that

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"No she not getting it anywhere else trust me on that "

You got me wrong there, would she be ok if he gets a fix somewhere else?

over a year ago

By the way I have never meet any women on here but I was thinking I could sort out my horny thing but I am sure that’s gone now as I was so honest

over a year ago

Yes think he would love it

over a year ago

Sorry that would be a no she no no no

over a year ago

How did this happen me not sure

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"By the way I have never meet any women on here but I was thinking I could sort out my horny thing but I am sure that’s gone now as I was so honest "

Some ladies on here meet guys in relationship, others don't, just how it is and a personal choice. But as this thread goes expect that some will give you some moral lectures. Anyhow if she's not into getting the sex going again but otherwise the relationship is healthy, freedom of sex could be a solution but it means to put the question to her rather than going behind her back.

By *jtravellerWoman
over a year ago

surrey

If her age is close to yours, she’s likely in perimenopause. It’s the crazy hormone fluctuations before things eventually shut down and you’re in menopause. Her erratic cycles are common during peri , and those same hormone fluctuations can kill her sex drive.

Be kind, be sympathetic, tell her to look on social media for a menopause chicks group. There are several ways that it can be made easier.

over a year ago

Don’t want to go behind her back or else I am gone

over a year ago

Thank you that makes sense

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Is this about you or a friend?

over a year ago

Thank you I think you nailed it

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

OP, first use Reply & Quote so people know which comment you are replying to.

Secondly, have you sat her down and had a conversation with her about this? Face to face with kids asleep, or out of the house? Have you asked her where her libido is and what you might be able to do to resurrect it?

Tough conversations and not a one conversation fixer either, in my experience, especially if other half is not comfortable talking about sex, unfortunately.

When you tell us more further advice will be offered

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Op if this is about you its not a new development as your verified by cam 5 years ago....and you have a pic having sex with someone....if it is a friend my apologies...mrs _avie t

over a year ago

John you’re grand don’t worry

over a year ago

Nod nod as they say ffs lads give me a break

over a year ago

Sorry I posted now just been honest

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Sorry I posted now just been honest "

No harm posting, as long as you're prepared for the responses, good/bad

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Not trying to get at you op...im just a bit confused...but you/your friend should grab the nettle have the talk because life is way too short to be unhappy about something that is a basic need never mind the closeness that a happy health marraige can being.. good luck

over a year ago

I did. Try my best saying I am horny as hell , maybe she is going true menapase sorry just been honest, I won’t hassle her. As I love her very much , but I am lost to be honest as a man

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/04/19 01:16:50]

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"I did. Try my best saying I am horny as hell , maybe she is going true menapase sorry just been honest, I won’t hassle her. As I love her very much , but I am lost to be honest as a man "

Ask if she'll be prepared to look after you in bed.

If she refuseses, ask her if she has ideas how it can be quelled.

You might get a pass on other meets

By *ordjeffMan
over a year ago

around and about ,as travel.

"Only you can decide if this is too personal.

Anyhow I guess the way to go is to sit down with the wife and have an open conversation about needs, wants and desires on both sides and take it from there.

I did, it fell on deaf ears "

Same here with me too

By *exysam and StuartCouple
over a year ago

over the hills and far away

I'm slightly confused here, one minute you're saying it's a friends wife then you say you spoken to "your" wife.....

Anyways I think you need to consider her feelings. She is most likely pre menopausal going by her loss of libido and on a cycle every couple of weeks. Tell her to speak to her gp as she may need some hormone therapy. It's not easy going through this stage in life so be there for her.

over a year ago

OP, this is something you have to resolve with your partner, none of us here know the true situation of your wife's feelings or the reasons behind her loss of interest in sex.

I would suggest that telling her how horny you are is likely to have the opposite effect to the one you desire, she may feel pressured and resentful. Perhaps try telling her that the lack of sex makes you feel unloved and as if she doesn't value you and the closeness you used to have. Ask her what you can do to get back what you had as a couple in the earlier years. It's very unlikely that she has simply decided to stop having sex for no reason at all, there may be longterm issues which have built up to this and its something that needs to be worked on rather than focusing on the issue of sex.

If you can't get anywhere together, go to counselling. Even if she is reluctant to go, go by yourself. Seeing you determined to resolve your problems may spur her to join you, if not counselling will help you to see exactly where you are heading and what you want to do.

over a year ago

Don't assume that the sole problem in your marriage is your wife's loss of interest in sex.

over a year ago

"OP, this is something you have to resolve with your partner, none of us here know the true situation of your wife's feelings or the reasons behind her loss of interest in sex.

I would suggest that telling her how horny you are is likely to have the opposite effect to the one you desire, she may feel pressured and resentful. Perhaps try telling her that the lack of sex makes you feel unloved and as if she doesn't value you and the closeness you used to have. Ask her what you can do to get back what you had as a couple in the earlier years. It's very unlikely that she has simply decided to stop having sex for no reason at all, there may be longterm issues which have built up to this and its something that needs to be worked on rather than focusing on the issue of sex.

If you can't get anywhere together, go to counselling. Even if she is reluctant to go, go by yourself. Seeing you determined to resolve your problems may spur her to join you, if not counselling will help you to see exactly where you are heading and what you want to do. "

over a year ago

I will try Casey and all who have given advice thank you

over a year ago

"OP, this is something you have to resolve with your partner, none of us here know the true situation of your wife's feelings or the reasons behind her loss of interest in sex.

If you can't get anywhere together, go to counselling. Even if she is reluctant to go, go by yourself. Seeing you determined to resolve your problems may spur her to join you, if not counselling will help you to see exactly where you are heading and what you want to do. "

That's good advice, in my case it's a mix of mismatched libidos exacerbated by alcoholism

over a year ago

Dump her, lifes to long to wait around and have boring or in this case no sex

over a year ago

"Dump her, lifes to long to wait around and have boring or in this case no sex "

Well you're going to get along here with that attitude

over a year ago

"

That's good advice, in my case it's a mix of mismatched libidos exacerbated by alcoholism "

Yours or hers?

over a year ago

"Dump her, lifes to long to wait around and have boring or in this case no sex

Well you're going to get along here with that attitude "

Loosen up would you, im messing!!. Thought the Op might be fed up of hearing all the Jeremy Kyle remedies.

Guess i must of touch a nerve

over a year ago

"

That's good advice, in my case it's a mix of mismatched libidos exacerbated by alcoholism

Yours or hers?"

Hers - the hidden bottles kind

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that Jonny it can’t be easy

over a year ago

"

Yours or hers?

Hers - the hidden bottles kind"

The only reason I ask is that if she already doesnt know your not in here. If you were ever outed it would be bad enough but I think sharing her addiction with a publically viewable forum might not be the most sensitive step

over a year ago

"

Yours or hers?

The only reason I ask is that if she already doesnt know your not in here. If you were ever outed it would be bad enough but I think sharing her addiction with a publically viewable forum might not be the most sensitive step"

It would appear lack of knowledge or insight doesn't prevent you having an opinion. A bit preachy too

over a year ago

Loosen up would you, im messing!!. Thought the Op might be fed up of hearing all the Jeremy Kyle remedies.

Guess i must of touch a nerve "

You didn't touch a nerve with me I just found your comment immature and inappropriate.

over a year ago

You didn't touch a nerve with me I just found your comment immature and inappropriate. "

At least my comment was directed towards the contents of the thread, yours is just a typical comment from someone whos head is up their hole and is not needed in the thread. If you didnt like my comment just scroll past and say nothing when you have nothing constructive to add.

over a year ago

You didn't touch a nerve with me I just found your comment immature and inappropriate.

At least my comment was directed towards the contents of the thread, yours is just a typical comment from someone whos head is up their hole and is not needed in the thread. If you didnt like my comment just scroll past and say nothing when you have nothing constructive to add.

"

Lol thanks for giving me a laugh. There goes your immature attitude again and sad you think you gave constructive advise is a joke.

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

Same kinda thing happened me 3 years ago. Girlfriend was sex crazed until she fell pregnant. Our daughter was born and after a few months and still no action I asked her what was wrong? She said she felt as tho she had become "A sexual" didn't find me or any man or woman attractive anymore. Didn't know what to do or say. Struggled with that for a few more months until I got a call from her at work one day saying its over and iv gone to stay with my parents. Missus and child gone when I got home. That day sucked ass. Hard to come back from. Still think about it a lot. Still wonder if I'd done this or that or whatever. Have moved on now again with someone new but the pain of what happened is still raw and will be for sometime I would think.

Sounds like your in a no win situation op. Fight with her if you love her tho and don't fight against her. It may just be what saves ye.

over a year ago

"

Yours or hers?

The only reason I ask is that if she already doesnt know your not in here. If you were ever outed it would be bad enough but I think sharing her addiction with a publically viewable forum might not be the most sensitive step

It would appear lack of knowledge or insight doesn't prevent you having an opinion. A bit preachy too "

Not meaning to be preachy and I have pretty good insights to tge life of alchoholics. Its just not something I'd share here personally. But each to there own

over a year ago

"What’s a man to do if the wife is not interested in sex anymore, and seems to be on her monthly thing every two weeks even she don’t understand why she is , and husband is highly sexed , has a wank each day just to sort him self out and not bother her , asking for a friend not on here "
My friend there more to relationships than sex.If you love her you not cheat.

over a year ago

"What’s a man to do if the wife is not interested in sex anymore, and seems to be on her monthly thing every two weeks even she don’t understand why she is , and husband is highly sexed , has a wank each day just to sort him self out and not bother her , asking for a friend not on here My friend there more to relationships than sex.If you love her you not cheat."

Well that's cleared it up in 15 succinct words.

over a year ago

"

Yours or hers?

It would appear lack of knowledge or insight doesn't prevent you having an opinion. A bit preachy too

Not meaning to be preachy and I have pretty good insights to tge life of alchoholics. Its just not something I'd share here personally. But each to there own"

Fair enough and I'm certainly not going to argue. But, when I mentioned alcoholism you yourself asked "yours or hers"

Council for the defence rests.

over a year ago

"What’s a man to do if the wife is not interested in sex anymore, and seems to be on her monthly thing every two weeks even she don’t understand why she is , and husband is highly sexed , has a wank each day just to sort him self out and not bother her , asking for a friend not on here My friend there more to relationships than sex.If you love her you not cheat.

Well that's cleared it up in 15 succinct words. "

I always glad to help.

over a year ago

"

Yours or hers?

Not meaning to be preachy and I have pretty good insights to tge life of alchoholics. Its just not something I'd share here personally. But each to there own

Fair enough and I'm certainly not going to argue. But, when I mentioned alcoholism you yourself asked "yours or hers"

Council for the defence rests. "

Well yes because if it was your own then all power to you for sharing because it wouldnt be an easy thing to do and is quite a personal issue.

Anyway hope you find what your looking for on here

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Well you could do what others do, cheat on their wife and become the most popular men on fab?

Me personally, I'd just masturbate for the rest of my life, and hope that she was safe when she was off getting sex from other men, and doing with them all the things she wont do with me, because thats what happens, they don't lose interest in sex, they loose interest in sex with their partner.

over a year ago

"Well you could do what others do, cheat on their wife and become the most popular men on fab?

"

Is there a list? Like top 50?

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Well you could do what others do, cheat on their wife and become the most popular men on fab?

Is there a list? Like top 50?"

I have heard there are annual awards and all, but they wont invite me.

over a year ago

Is there a list? Like top 50?

I have heard there are annual awards and all, but they wont invite me."

That just means you have maintained your artistic integrity

By *ugarandspice101Couple
over a year ago

Belfast

If she is a similar age to you it could be early menopause

over a year ago

"Dump her, lifes to long to wait around and have boring or in this case no sex "

It is not nice... Yeah, you have a right to say your opinion but you have no idea about marriage and relationships

OP, you must talk with your wife first. Women have life cycles and for few days or weeks we may be extremely horny then our libido goes down, total zero interest in sex. Additionally, if there is too much stress at work, she might doesnt like herself like she looks (yeah, we women are b...tches to ourselves). All these things may have impact on her sex life too. Talk talk and once again talk. You might be surprised how easy you can fix the actual situation.

Good luck!

over a year ago

It is not nice... Yeah, you have a right to say your opinion but you have no idea about marriage and relationships

OP, you must talk with your wife first. Women have life cycles and for few days or weeks we may be extremely horny then our libido goes down, total zero interest in sex. Additionally, if there is too much stress at work, she might doesnt like herself like she looks (yeah, we women are b...tches to ourselves). All these things may have impact on her sex life too. Talk talk and once again talk. You might be surprised how easy you can fix the actual situation.

Good luck! "

Wisdom there.

over a year ago

If you loved her and your relationship you would love every part of her if not then swing. Don’t move to swing to fast it could be a mistake in long run.

over a year ago

Yes I love her very much and we do talk about it she don’t like it either it’s not just me we both know this , we even joke saying well at least you won’t be with anyone else , and before folks say she could be getting it somewhere else no we are 100 percent just us I come on here to perve to be honest

over a year ago

One thing is clearly i won’t get a meet on here , just happy to chat sorry if that makes me a prick, no harm in talking

By *atman catwomenCouple
over a year ago

STRABANE

It can be very frustrating for other person when other person sex drive is soaring for naughyness we all are human we all like to feel sexy & wanted in a relationship,when it happens it feel like rejection, you're wife can go try own doctor to get things sorted as know myself if was me female half I would ,try talk make her understand how you're feeling ,or go on as you are ,we have right to imateisty as we all human most people dnt set out to do any hurting towards there spouse feelings ,but does happen ,life is a short spin we can judge other people to quick do what you feel is right for you

over a year ago

Goldie there is alot of good advice in here, counselling for you as a couple, I would also suggest for you personally also & a medical check up for your wife to investigate the nearly weekly periods.

I would also suggest you also come off Fab & any other dating site you maybe on, it maybe a release but being caught will weaken an already weak relationship. as others have said, "more to a relationship than sex" but w by w ...if on it's going wrong in the bedroom it's going wrong. you both need to step back & honestly look at where you are after all these years together.

Apart from the possible medical issue, people do drift apart & end up staying in a non sexual relationship "for the kids"

you may have alot of decisions to make, some inward looking to do, all best done away from Fab

over a year ago

The advice given of do what feels right for you is I feel the worst advice anyone gives in this situation. Primarily they are saying get out and leave her with this and that's what usually happens. It's a selfish reason and selfish motivation.

Did you get together for your selfish motivation or for a mutual reason, what you both brought to the table?

Youre a couple for good reason. You also need to think of 'you' as a couple first and explore all the avenues which others have suggested.

Last resort is then you, and that's probably for the door.

over a year ago

I'm with you on this.

Had the chats many times, promised changes that only last for a week or two blah blah blah.

I found myself a discreet fuck buddy. She was in the same boat with the hubby only servicing her once every 3 weeks.

She needed more and coz we we're both married it was purely sex. Nothing else on the adjenda.

It works if you find the right buddy.

No emotional involvement so it's not cheating.

over a year ago

Be supportive. Could be as much mental as physical.

over a year ago

"

No emotional involvement so it's not cheating. "

Really?

I think if you go outside your phone code too

Oh and abroad obvs...

over a year ago

. So it's not your friend is it you

Post new Message to Thread