Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

M&G for older.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondering is there are any M&Gs with an hour or 2 from Dublin that welcome the older Male.

Any that I have seen so far, the organizers seem to have 50 or 55 as cut of point on their profiles.

Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hope there is as i would go, there are many 60 yr olds on this site, couples, women & the unwanted single males

By *exmark12Man
over a year ago

Rathcoole/Roscommon/Mayo

Worth a try.If u set it up should be a good event

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I think Vanilla and RVC have both held events for older before.

Contact them about same

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

We put serious thought into doing an over 40s social last year, might actually do it.

Initially thought of doing it on a Thursday evening for a change.

By *ubyRidesAgainWoman
over a year ago

RebelRoad

That could be good but lots lie about their age which is a pure balls!!

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"That could be good but lots lie about their age which is a pure balls!! "
Why would you need lie about age if its for over 40s? That defeats the purpose.

over a year ago

Socials and M&Gs usually don't have an age limit as it's a social gathering of people from fab to meet, put faces to names and mingle

Parties however will have age limits, I have to say I've never come across socials that applied age limits but the scene is changing especially within Dublin

over a year ago

"That could be good but lots lie about their age which is a pure balls!! Why would you need lie about age if its for over 40s? That defeats the purpose. "

Why the need to lie about anything is a big question.

We are what we are. Age. Size. Sexuality etc etc

We are supposed to b adults.

over a year ago

there had been a reply on her from maturemischief ... but admin seems to have removed it ... they run monthly parties in nth England for mature males, ladies & couples..& by all accounts are well attended..unlikely such a party could happen due to intrusion from the media & the "tut tut" brigade ... maybe Vanilla club or RVC will decide to host such an event

over a year ago

Vanilla club & RVC what chance an over 40's M&G

over a year ago

The tut tut brigade

over a year ago

Sadly it looks as if there’s very little interest in this type of M&G.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Unless the M&G was themed for a specific age group (Flirty 30s for example), I'm genuinely puzzled as to why there would be an age limit, and haven't come across it myself anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing the host's personal meet preferences with event criteria??

over a year ago

"Unless the M&G was themed for a specific age group (Flirty 30s for example), I'm genuinely puzzled as to why there would be an age limit, and haven't come across it myself anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing the host's personal meet preferences with event criteria?? "

I can imagine that might be the case I've rarely seen age limits at social gatherings, private parties yes

By *imerickboyMan
over a year ago

city

Why lie about your age . I’m 51 and proud of it.

over a year ago

"Unless the M&G was themed for a specific age group (Flirty 30s for example), I'm genuinely puzzled as to why there would be an age limit, and haven't come across it myself anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing the host's personal meet preferences with event criteria?? "

I understand where ur coming from on the Hosts personal preferences. We all have preferences of one kind or another.

But when the Host has lowishage preferences and everybody attending is under 50 at the highest.

It does put older people off.

That’s just my opinion.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Unless the M&G was themed for a specific age group (Flirty 30s for example), I'm genuinely puzzled as to why there would be an age limit, and haven't come across it myself anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing the host's personal meet preferences with event criteria??

I understand where ur coming from on the Hosts personal preferences. We all have preferences of one kind or another.

But when the Host has lowishage preferences and everybody attending is under 50 at the highest.

That’s just my opinion.

"

Ahhhh... So you're basing your statement on your perception rather than fact?

Ok... Well if you haven't asked for an invite and been told there's an age limit, that assumption is on you as for how you know who is on the guestlist if you're not invited, I've no idea... If you're basing your assumptions on event Forum threads and people who comment on them, only a small percentage of members use the forums, and it's highly unlikely that the guestlist will be purely made up of Forum users. You've probably missed out on meeting lots of interesting older people at them because of your assumptions about who is or isn't attending! Isn't that just a bit silly?

over a year ago

"Unless the M&G was themed for a specific age group (Flirty 30s for example), I'm genuinely puzzled as to why there would be an age limit, and haven't come across it myself anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing the host's personal meet preferences with event criteria??

That’s just my opinion.

"

Have you ever attended one or sought an invite

over a year ago

That’s just my opinion.

Ok... Well if you haven't asked for an invite and been told there's an age limit, that assumption is on you as for how you know who is on the guestlist if you're not invited, I've no idea... If you're basing your assumptions on event Forum threads and people who comment on them, only a small percentage of members use the forums, and it's highly unlikely that the guestlist will be purely made up of Forum users. You've probably missed out on meeting lots of interesting older people at them because of your assumptions about who is or isn't attending! Isn't that just a bit silly? "

As I said in earlier post.

It’s just my opinion.

But that opinion is not just mine.

But ur like the rest of us.

Ur entitled to ur opinion.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

That’s just my opinion.

Ok... Well if you haven't asked for an invite and been told there's an age limit, that assumption is on you as for how you know who is on the guestlist if you're not invited, I've no idea... If you're basing your assumptions on event Forum threads and people who comment on them, only a small percentage of members use the forums, and it's highly unlikely that the guestlist will be purely made up of Forum users. You've probably missed out on meeting lots of interesting older people at them because of your assumptions about who is or isn't attending! Isn't that just a bit silly? "

Pmsl

Silly Billy

over a year ago

That’s just my opinion.

Have you ever attended one or sought an invite "

I have both attended and sought invites.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

That’s just my opinion.

Ok... Well if you haven't asked for an invite and been told there's an age limit, that assumption is on you as for how you know who is on the guestlist if you're not invited, I've no idea... If you're basing your assumptions on event Forum threads and people who comment on them, only a small percentage of members use the forums, and it's highly unlikely that the guestlist will be purely made up of Forum users. You've probably missed out on meeting lots of interesting older people at them because of your assumptions about who is or isn't attending! Isn't that just a bit silly?

As I said in earlier post.

It’s just my opinion.

But that opinion is not just mine.

But ur like the rest of us.

Ur entitled to ur opinion.

"

Who else has that opinion?

Are you representing a group?

over a year ago

That’s just my opinion.

I have both attended and sought invites. "

Then you should know there's no age limit cut off

over a year ago

That’s just my opinion.

Pmsl

Silly Billy "

People are allowed to b silly.

over a year ago

That’s just my opinion.

Then you should know there's no age limit cut off"

I will leave it with u.

over a year ago

That’s just my opinion.

Then you should know there's no age limit cut off.

I will leave it with u. "

Mic drop

By *eductively_SweetWoman
over a year ago

wexford

While my personal page has age limits the event page I and another Fabber run has no age limit to Any m&g we host in fact we have a some over 50s as well as 20s 30s 40s.

over a year ago

"While my personal page has age limits the event page I and another Fabber run has no age limit to Any m&g we host in fact we have a some over 50s as well as 20s 30s 40s. "

Keep up the good work

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"While my personal page has age limits the event page I and another Fabber run has no age limit to Any m&g we host in fact we have a some over 50s as well as 20s 30s 40s. "

Same as mine Sweets. People from their 20s into their 60s have attended mine and I know I've chatted to plenty of folk of all ages at other people's events too. That's why I find the idea that nobody over 50 is welcome so puzzling... Guess I'll have to start excluding myself from my own events in another couple of years

over a year ago

"We put serious thought into doing an over 40s social last year, might actually do it.

Initially thought of doing it on a Thursday evening for a change."

I would think a M&G for over 40,s would b a great success. A lot of people of that age group have children in their 20,s 30,s

That can b a barrier for some that would like to meet their own age group. 40,s. 50,s 60,s etc.

Hope u do get around to giving it a go.

It’s definitely worth a try.

over a year ago

"We put serious thought into doing an over 40s social last year, might actually do it.

I would think a M&G for over 40,s would b a great success. A lot of people of that age group have children in their 20,s 30,s

That can b a barrier for some that would like to meet their own age group. 40,s. 50,s 60,s etc.

It’s definitely worth a try. "

Wait so you're anti below a certain age if I'm reading correctly but at the same time giving out because you feel excluded due to being as you deem too old

Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy here

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

It’s definitely worth a try.

Wait so you're anti below a certain age if I'm reading correctly but at the same time giving out because you feel excluded due to being as you deem too old

Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy here "

I'm off to bed but I think you're overthinking it

If they have a social, it's their choice what parameters to set.

Deal with it

Post new Message to Thread