Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Wink

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I wink,you wink back=you're interested.

I say thanks for the winking back.

You say no problems,how are doing,and we get the conversation started?

Isn't that how it's supposed to be on fab,but if you send wink,u get insulted for sending winks first,or I'm I leaving in my own fantasy?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I generally ignore winks... And random friend requests too.

In any case, I think you can't take a wink response to a sent wink as a sure thing. All it means is someone may have liked your pics or profile and decided to wink back. You can't really decide you want to meet someone though based on a wink, so conversation is needed, and over the course of the conversation, you may find there is or isn't chemistry. If there isn't, you can't expect to meet.... Even if they did wink back initially

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I generally ignore winks... And random friend requests too.

In any case, I think you can't take a wink response to a sent wink as a sure thing. All it means is someone may have liked your pics or profile and decided to wink back. You can't really decide you want to meet someone though based on a wink, so conversation is needed, and over the course of the conversation, you may find there is or isn't chemistry. If there isn't, you can't expect to meet.... Even if they did wink back initially "

Just winked you !! lol ,

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I just ignore winks.

over a year ago

Can I put a question out to the women who do wink?....

Why wink then ignore messages or returned winks? That I really don't get.

*please don't use the 'I get so much mail' line.If you've gone to the effort of winking there must be interest enough there to attempt a chat.

over a year ago

I just ignore winks ....hang on , I never got a wink

over a year ago

"Can I put a question out to the women who do wink?....

*please don't use the 'I get so much mail' line.If you've gone to the effort of winking there must be interest enough there to attempt a chat."

Yea, makes sense, if you wink your sending an expression of interest, it's not a guarantee that anything will come of it, but at least the start the conversation (assuming of course the first message is normal).

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

Gave some winks but have never gotten any not sure the ladies really use them

over a year ago

winks- lazy

mail- effort

over a year ago

*please don't use the 'I get so much mail' line.If you've gone to the effort of winking there must be interest enough there to attempt a chat."

I don't wink. And I tend to ignore any winks I get.

over a year ago

Few people in this thread that I'd like to message and chat to but filters mean I can't

over a year ago

In any case, I think you can't take a wink response to a sent wink as a sure thing. All it means is someone may have liked your pics or profile and decided to wink back. You can't really decide you want to meet someone though based on a wink, so conversation is needed, and over the course of the conversation, you may find there is or isn't chemistry. If there isn't, you can't expect to meet.... Even if they did wink back initially "

Op,I said wink to get conversation started I never said wink and meet,smh

By *ogladyWoman
over a year ago

The bog

I just message someone if I'm interested don't use the wink

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

This is ireland, where "hi" isn't good enough, and showing interest means youre a creaap.

over a year ago

"This is ireland, where "hi" isn't good enough, and showing interest means youre a creaap."

I'd sooner a "hi" than a wink.

over a year ago

"I'd sooner a "hi" than a wink. "

Hi Steph

over a year ago

"I'd sooner a "hi" than a wink.

Hi Steph "

By *tockings199Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Always love a wink from another female xx

over a year ago

Hi Steph

"

saying "Hi" now is even bad than a wink,have u seen profile with"no one liners"

over a year ago

*please don't use the 'I get so much mail' line.If you've gone to the effort of winking there must be interest enough there to attempt a chat.

Yea, makes sense, if you wink your sending an expression of interest, it's not a guarantee that anything will come of it, but at least the start the conversation (assuming of course the first message is normal)."

I get winks and fabs. So I send a polite message back thinking that a wink and say 5 fabs means they are interested. I thank them, politely ask if they would like to chat. The message is read . And then...... nothing. No reply. Happens a lot. So why fab and wink?

over a year ago

Hi Steph

saying "Hi" now is even bad than a wink,have u seen profile with"no one liners" "

It's not on mine

over a year ago

"saying "Hi" now is even bad than a wink,have u seen profile with"no one liners" "

Was a joke, can't wink or message as I'm below her age range unfortunately

By *appyPandaMan
over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

Never saw the point of winks either. Always just seemed to be a way of going "HEY THERE!!! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" without putting in effort at all.

over a year ago

Ahhhhh what’s a wink befriends

over a year ago

I may be in the minority but I like that "winks" are an option

Some people may not be great at writing a first message but that doesn't mean they're not worth talking to! So I think it's good to have various forms of expressing interest/making contact

Ultimately, if you're not a fan of them then they'll work the same as a first message that doesn't grab your attention anyway.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Yea, makes sense, if you wink your sending an expression of interest, it's not a guarantee that anything will come of it, but at least the start the conversation (assuming of course the first message is normal).

I get winks and fabs. So I send a polite message back thinking that a wink and say 5 fabs means they are interested. I thank them, politely ask if they would like to chat. The message is read . And then...... nothing. No reply. Happens a lot. So why fab and wink? "

I can't answer for the wink bit, but I Fab photos I find exceptionally attractive. Doesn't mean I want to meet or even chat to the person/couple, it's just my way of showing my appreciation of some great photography on a site where, let's face it, some can't even be arsed flushing a toilet or kicking their dirty knickers out of sight before taking a selfie. I've seen photos that made me want to get a tetanus shot just for looking. So when someone uploads beautiful photos, tastefully posed and seductive, yep, I'll give them a Fab of appreciation, but doesn't mean I want to jump their bones

By *c90Man
over a year ago

Noiseville

Misread wink...

Nothing to say lol

over a year ago

I get winks and fabs. So I send a polite message back thinking that a wink and say 5 fabs means they are interested. I thank them, politely ask if they would like to chat. The message is read . And then...... nothing. No reply. Happens a lot. So why fab and wink?

I can't answer for the wink bit, but I Fab photos I find exceptionally attractive. Doesn't mean I want to meet or even chat to the person/couple, it's just my way of showing my appreciation of some great photography on a site where, let's face it, some can't even be arsed flushing a toilet or kicking their dirty knickers out of sight before taking a selfie. I've seen photos that made me want to get a tetanus shot just for looking. So when someone uploads beautiful photos, tastefully posed and seductive, yep, I'll give them a Fab of appreciation, but doesn't mean I want to jump their bones "

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

In any case, I think you can't take a wink response to a sent wink as a sure thing. All it means is someone may have liked your pics or profile and decided to wink back. You can't really decide you want to meet someone though based on a wink, so conversation is needed, and over the course of the conversation, you may find there is or isn't chemistry. If there isn't, you can't expect to meet.... Even if they did wink back initially

Op,I said wink to get conversation started I never said wink and meet,smh "

Apologies. I made the assumption that you contacted/winked at people you hoped to meet. Most wouldn't bother contacting people they've no interest in meeting. Fair play to you

By *exysam and StuartCouple
over a year ago

over the hills and far away

Never look at winks and totally ignore friend requests from people we haven't chatted to. We feel it's just a way of getting to check out our friends only pics

Post new Message to Thread