Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

We love to pick a scab.

Jump to newest

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

I've spent no more than 5 minutes looking at topics here.

One is a post by someone whom everyone seems to be sick of.

The other is a post by someone about their future intentions and it seems to annoy people who see it as a cry for attention.

In both instances there's plenty of effort by everyone telling them what they dislike about them and their posts.

Why?

Why so much effort?

Why ignore all the supposedly "quality" topics and go straight to the ones that annoy you most?

You do know that topics that aren't commented on will disappear quickly? Seems perverse to comment and therefore keep the topic in view.

Are you threatened by them? Does the apparent popularity of their posts annoy you?

Odd behaviour.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've spent no more than 5 minutes looking at topics here.

The other is a post by someone about their future intentions and it seems to annoy people who see it as a cry for attention.

In both instances there's plenty of effort by everyone telling them what they dislike about them and their posts.

Why?

Why so much effort?

Why ignore all the supposedly "quality" topics and go straight to the ones that annoy you most?

You do know that topics that aren't commented on will disappear quickly? Seems perverse to comment and therefore keep the topic in view.

Are you threatened by them? Does the apparent popularity of their posts annoy you?

Odd behaviour."

Let me just say for the record I'm not afraid of any topic or debate....I'll gladly have a meeting of minds and a Good aul set 2 with anyone but if you're gonna have a debate please keep it on Topic.....don't morph to suit all the minions kissing your ass. Have conviction in what your saying or don't fucking bother

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Why?

Because open debate of real issues is good for all.

To realise that there's more than one way of looking at a topic.

Informed debate encourages rational thinking and informed decisions.

Your post however, does not seem to have a point.

You are just commenting on what you've taken a cursory glance over.

If particular posts interest you, comment in those threads, rather than generalizing in a new one, so we can clearly understand your viewpoint

over a year ago

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour."

to be honest your totally right...but people love click bait and offensive topics...just a sign of what they see as important in their lives and I don’t see it changing but just stay true to yourself, you can’t control anybody else

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour."

The irony of scolding people for putting too much effort into something that annoys them and then starting a new thread with this essay on something that's annoyed you...

It's human nature to want to debate or correct people, and we're all susceptible to it, as evidenced by your own post. Is it petty? Sure. But so is your post - your five judgy minutes (plus let's say 10 to start this thread) took just as much energy, and is equally pointless.

over a year ago

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour.

The irony of scolding people for putting too much effort into something that annoys them and then starting a new thread with this essay on something that's annoyed you...

It's human nature to want to debate or correct people, and we're all susceptible to it, as evidenced by your own post. Is it petty? Sure. But so is your post - your five judgy minutes (plus let's say 10 to start this thread) took just as much energy, and is equally pointless. "

100%

over a year ago

Your user name is quite apt!

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

"Why?

Because open debate of real issues is good for all.

To realise that there's more than one way of looking at a topic.

Informed debate encourages rational thinking and informed decisions.

Your post however, does not seem to have a point.

You are just commenting on what you've taken a cursory glance over.

If particular posts interest you, comment in those threads, rather than generalizing in a new one, so we can clearly understand your viewpoint "

Informed debate is not stating someone is an attention seeker because they have decided to leave fab. That is uninformed debate.

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour.

It's human nature to want to debate or correct people, and we're all susceptible to it, as evidenced by your own post. Is it petty? Sure. But so is your post - your five judgy minutes (plus let's say 10 to start this thread) took just as much energy, and is equally pointless. "

The difference is I'm making a comment on my perception of general behaviour on here. I'm not attacking you or anyone else specifically. If the cap fits...

over a year ago

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour."

correct. a lot love click bait and some seem to love to bait others with some of their topics to create drama. learned to avoid such things as will always end up worse for it.

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour.

It's human nature to want to debate or correct people, and we're all susceptible to it, as evidenced by your own post. Is it petty? Sure. But so is your post - your five judgy minutes (plus let's say 10 to start this thread) took just as much energy, and is equally pointless.

100%

"

Thank you for informing us of just how much you agree with the previous comment while not confusing us with additional information. We've all benefited from it.

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

"Your user name is quite apt!"
I'd love to say 'likewise' but...

;)

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour.

Let me just say for the record I'm not afraid of any topic or debate....I'll gladly have a meeting of minds and a Good aul set 2 with anyone but if you're gonna have a debate please keep it on Topic.....don't morph to suit all the minions kissing your ass. Have conviction in what your saying or don't fucking bother

"

Nope, sorry. Abusing someone verbally because you don't like the contents of there previous posts, ironically, makes you the arsehole.

There is no debate involved in that.

You do know this wasn't directed at you specifically don't you? Only at those who take part is such behaviour.

over a year ago

What "quality" topics were ignored?

I think most people that post led on the 2 threads you mentioned would tend to post on alot of threads. I dont think its a case of either or.

Also sometimes people come on here for a bit of light releif and if that means having some online sparring with a guy to loves to take the piss instead of getting into a debate about goverment policy so be it.

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour. to be honest your totally right...but people love click bait and offensive topics...just a sign of what they see as important in their lives and I don’t see it changing but just stay true to yourself, you can’t control anybody else "

If it's possible to 'win' a topic, you just have.

A king sized Toblerone is winging it's way to you in the post.

over a year ago

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour. to be honest your totally right...but people love click bait and offensive topics...just a sign of what they see as important in their lives and I don’t see it changing but just stay true to yourself, you can’t control anybody else

A king sized Toblerone is winging it's way to you in the post."

Basically you just found one single comment agreeing with you and it ultimately makes everyone else's opinions invalid. How convenient

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

Theres a pretty simple way to sum this up;

Most of us on here are Irish origin, so we love to fight and be thran: its a Celtic thing

And if we were all agreeable, it wouldnt be a forum, it would be Woodstock.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"Your user name is quite apt! I'd love to say 'likewise' but...

;)"

Meow

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour. to be honest your totally right...but people love click bait and offensive topics...just a sign of what they see as important in their lives and I don’t see it changing but just stay true to yourself, you can’t control anybody else

A king sized Toblerone is winging it's way to you in the post.

Basically you just found one single comment agreeing with you and it ultimately makes everyone else's opinions invalid. How convenient "

Yes, but you can't give me abuse for that. Otherwise you confirm what I initially said and I win twice.

over a year ago

Did I give abuse?

Simply stated the obvious.

Looks like you're actively asking for abuse though

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

"Did I give abuse?

Looks like you're actively asking for abuse though "

I agree. It is obvious. Who said you gave abuse? You're seem very defensive.

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

;)

Meow "

I did wink. Too much? He'll cope.

over a year ago

"Did I give abuse?

Looks like you're actively asking for abuse though

I agree. It is obvious. Who said you gave abuse? You're seem very defensive."

You said I can't give you it, challenging me to try and do just that to prove your petty point.

Grown up man....

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

Is it ironic or inevitable that this thread is living up to its name..??

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

;)

Meow

I did wink. Too much? He'll cope."

I'm teasing.

over a year ago

Why do threads have to be about winning through comments? Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it, often choose not to share mine if it doesn't add anything to the thread. It doesn't always have to be a competition

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"Why do threads have to be about winning through comments? Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it, often choose not to share mine if it doesn't add anything to the thread. It doesn't always have to be a competition"

I think it's down to individuals. Some are funny ,some think they are funny,some are just here to stir shit. I don't take anything on here as serious. It's a light hearted outlet .

over a year ago

"I think it's down to individuals. Some are funny ,some think they are funny,some are just here to stir shit. I don't take anything on here as serious. It's a light hearted outlet ."

I would agree, some love to try to be controversial and wind people up. The majority just like the craic and the fun between everyone.

I take it light heartedly and like to chat using the forums and some very good posters here

over a year ago

"I think it's down to individuals. Some are funny ,some think they are funny,some are just here to stir shit. I don't take anything on here as serious. It's a light hearted outlet .

I would agree, some love to try to be controversial and wind people up. The majority just like the craic and the fun between everyone.

I take it light heartedly and like to chat using the forums and some very good posters here "

I like to win

over a year ago

Why?

Why so much effort?

Odd behaviour."

Welcome to the internet

over a year ago

"I like to win "

Cue the song all I do is win playing in the background

over a year ago

"I like to win

Cue the song all I do is win playing in the background"

With me walking like a boss... in shades... making it rain

over a year ago

"I like to win

With me walking like a boss... in shades... making it rain"

Don't forget your walking stick Gramps.

over a year ago

"I like to win

With me walking like a boss... in shades... making it rain"

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

"Why do threads have to be about winning through comments? Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it, often choose not to share mine if it doesn't add anything to the thread. It doesn't always have to be a competition

I think it's down to individuals. Some are funny ,some think they are funny,some are just here to stir shit. I don't take anything on here as serious. It's a light hearted outlet ."

I'm all three... Just for the record.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Can we be arsed to bother to reply?

damn! I just have

Fucking this eloquent debating absolute bullshit nobody actually cares about, or will change their mind about anything!

I'm off to bed.

G'night crackers (I'm referring to anyone who further posts on this thread )

Sligo!!!

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

"Can we be arsed to bother to reply?

damn! I just have

Fucking this eloquent debating absolute bullshit nobody actually cares about, or will change their mind about anything!

I'm off to bed.

Sligo!!!"

MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAA...

Night night.

Right. Topic closed

Ye can all piss off.

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/rCUXi9qYNoc

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

"https://youtu.be/rCUXi9qYNoc"

Thanks.

I just pissed myself.

By *ysteryman2009Man
over a year ago

Ireland

damn! I just have

I'm off to bed.

Sligo!!!

MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAA...

Night night.

Right. Topic closed

Ye can all piss off."

I see by your 5 minutes of research has left you disgruntled and the debate you invited has now made you pissed off.

A heading comes to mind... If you cant take the heat in the kitchen then get out of it... Or if you give critism, be man enough to take it. Keep running

By *indplay OP   Man
over a year ago

Up your alley

damn! I just have

I'm off to bed.

Sligo!!!

MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAA...

Night night.

Right. Topic closed

Ye can all piss off.

I see by your 5 minutes of research has left you disgruntled and the debate you invited has now made you pissed off.

A heading comes to mind... If you cant take the heat in the kitchen then get out of it... Or if you give critism, be man enough to take it. Keep running "

A: "I see by your 5 minutes of research has left you disgruntled" is terrible grammar. Shocking.

B: "has now made you pissed off." You have (1) failed to understand that I'm not pissed off, but was in fact telling you to piss off and (2) you have actually failed in pissing off as per instruction.

C: "A heading comes to mind" It may have come to your mind but there isn't a heading in your message.

Never mind.

Thanks for playing!

By *ysteryman2009Man
over a year ago

Ireland

damn! I just have

I'm off to bed.

Sligo!!!

MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAA...

Night night.

Right. Topic closed

Ye can all piss off.

A heading comes to mind... If you cant take the heat in the kitchen then get out of it... Or if you give critism, be man enough to take it. Keep running

A: "I see by your 5 minutes of research has left you disgruntled" is terrible grammar. Shocking.

B: "has now made you pissed off." You have (1) failed to understand that I'm not pissed off, but was in fact telling you to piss off and (2) you have actually failed in pissing off as per instruction.

C: "A heading comes to mind" It may have come to your mind but there isn't a heading in your message.

Never mind.

Thanks for playing!

"

You as a contoller seem anoyed that fabbers dont agree with you,Its a negative feed back to your negative comments. Hope your not too anoyed that your in the minority

Post new Message to Thread