Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Respect

Jump to newest

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

Going on a tangent from a thread last night. What makes you respect someone. To my surprise some people on here think you should respect someone just because they are popular. This to me is absolute bullish!t I know plenty of people who are popular who are asshòles. To me respect is something you earn

What’s everyone else’s thoughts

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

always went under the idea that respect is given to those who show it for others. i dont respect people who go out of their way to ma fun of people on their threads or attempt to derail it via the "banter" among themselves

over a year ago

"Going on a tangent from a thread last night. What makes you respect someone. To my surprise some people on here think you should respect someone just because they are popular. This to me is absolute bullish!t I know plenty of people who are popular who are asshòles. To me respect is something you earn

What’s everyone else’s thoughts "

Its a sex site I personally would not trust anyone here as far as I could throw them.Most of the popular people on site are part of a clique that stick together like glue.

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

"Going on a tangent from a thread last night. What makes you respect someone. To my surprise some people on here think you should respect someone just because they are popular. This to me is absolute bullish!t I know plenty of people who are popular who are asshòles. To me respect is something you earn

What’s everyone else’s thoughts Its a sex site I personally would not trust anyone here as far as I could throw them.Most of the popular people on site are part of a clique that stick together like glue."

Someone give that man a beer

They don’t like anyone upsetting the apple tart

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

I believe in trying to treat everyone with respect from the start. I give them the benefit of doubt and assume that they deserve it until proven otherwise. That doesn’t mean I have to trust them with my life’s details or anything. Just treat them well and speak honestly.

over a year ago

Respect from me is a given from the start. It doesnt need to be earned bit it can be lost very quickly.

By *addy0Man
over a year ago

carlow town

Popularity has f all too do wi respect I agree there,certain people think there entitled too do and say what they want because in their own head their popular..

I respect people who work hard,are pleasant and down too earth,ain't got no time for some1 who turns there nose up as people without giving them a chance too express them selfs

over a year ago

Everyone gets respect from me until their own behaviour destroys it.

By *r tayt2Man
over a year ago

Trim

Alan your a fake as is the other tool original it's prob you as well

Both on blocked profiles

So if you don't give respect you dot get it

Hide and make snide comments

And bullshit very mature

By *wingme22Man
over a year ago

Galway

Everyone gets respect untill proven otherwise.

I wonder if we worked off the premise everyone is an ass hole untill proven innocent, would it be better. Or is that way too cynical...

over a year ago

I think everyone deserves a certain basic level respect. Even if you think the person's an idiot, you should afford them the basic respect that all people deserve.

But real respect only comes with intelligence for me.

over a year ago

"I think everyone deserves a certain basic level respect. Even if you think the person's an idiot, you should afford them the basic respect that all people deserve.

But real respect only comes with intelligence for me."

Intelligence? Can't say that's ever added up to someone to be respected in my experience. It's not about your level of intelligence,more how you conduct yourself relative to others and your general morality.

By *ondalingerMan
over a year ago

City center

Alan your an attention seeking fuck. Its that simple. Nobody posted on the miss fab thread after your post today. So you set up this thread. I feel a little sorry about your insecurites. Just a little now. But seriously grow tge fuck up you complete tool

over a year ago

"I think everyone deserves a certain basic level respect. Even if you think the person's an idiot, you should afford them the basic respect that all people deserve.

Intelligence? Can't say that's ever added up to someone to be respected in my experience. It's not about your level of intelligence,more how you conduct yourself relative to others and your general morality. "

Well by intelligence I definitely don't mean college qualifications or book smarts. There's nothing intelligent about being able to regurgitate information in my opinion. By intelligence I guess I mean someone who has a critical mind, doesn't just slurp the soup like every one else but actually thinks independently, questions things, forms their own opinions and sees the bigger picture. That is something I find incredibly attractive and have a huge amount of respect for.

over a year ago

Intelligence? Can't say that's ever added up to someone to be respected in my experience. It's not about your level of intelligence,more how you conduct yourself relative to others and your general morality. "

Ps: don't worry. I'm sure you're not the only man in the world who finds it difficult to respect intelligent women. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a word for that.

over a year ago

Intelligence? Can't say that's ever added up to someone to be respected in my experience. It's not about your level of intelligence,more how you conduct yourself relative to others and your general morality.

Ps: don't worry. I'm sure you're not the only man in the world who finds it difficult to respect intelligent women. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a word for that. "

Meow. Before you jump down my throat use your intelligence to realise that was in no way a personal attack on you.

over a year ago

When you don't know someone for me you have to start off with a certain level of respect, that can grow as you get to know them or diminish deoending on what type of person they are...not knowing someone doesn't mean you should have zero respect for them or they have to earn it, respect is a courtesy you build on

By *addy0Man
over a year ago

carlow town

"Alan your an attention seeking fuck. Its that simple. Nobody posted on the miss fab thread after your post today. So you set up this thread. I feel a little sorry about your insecurites. Just a little now. But seriously grow tge fuck up you complete tool"

Friday fireworks

By *r tayt2Man
over a year ago

Trim

It's Friday his mammy is gone to Tesco on the we Massey

So the poor lad has no tit to suck on ??

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

" It's Friday his mammy is gone to Tesco on the we Massey

So the poor lad has no tit to suck on ??"

over a year ago

Ps: don't worry. I'm sure you're not the only man in the world who finds it difficult to respect intelligent women. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a word for that.

Meow. Before you jump down my throat use your intelligence to realise that was in no way a personal attack on you."

I honestly didn't take it as one!

over a year ago

Meow. Before you jump down my throat use your intelligence to realise that was in no way a personal attack on you.

I honestly didn't take it as one! "

So why attack me and make assumptions about my character?

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

To me respect is like sand. You give it away freely, but the person has to be careful to hold onto it, or it will slip between their fingers and they will never be able to pick it all up again.

over a year ago

Well by intelligence I definitely don't mean college qualifications or book smarts. There's nothing intelligent about being able to regurgitate information in my opinion. By intelligence I guess I mean someone who has a critical mind, doesn't just slurp the soup like every one else but actually thinks independently, questions things, forms their own opinions and sees the bigger picture. That is something I find incredibly attractive and have a huge amount of respect for. "

100% this

I brought up to respect everyone until proven otherwise. Why wouldn’t I be nice to the loner or the most popular? I suck up to no one!

By *appytoadsCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

Christ Alan again,

you don't have my respect, you constantly stir thing up looking to get reactions, you remind me on the kid in class always seeking attention.

I have yet to see you put up a thread of any value, as been said on here before your a tool,

grow up FFS

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I'll go with the GAA approach to this..

Give respect; get respect.

By *ondalingerMan
over a year ago

City center

"Christ Alan again,

you don't have my respect, you constantly stir thing up looking to get reactions, you remind me on the kid in class always seeking attention.

I have yet to see you put up a thread of any value, as been said on here before your a tool,

grow up FFS"

totally

over a year ago

"I believe in trying to treat everyone with respect from the start. I give them the benefit of doubt and assume that they deserve it until proven otherwise. That doesn’t mean I have to trust them with my life’s details or anything. Just treat them well and speak honestly. "

over a year ago

Loads of respect here

By *andydevineMan
over a year ago

sligo

Manners goes along way.

By *ondalingerMan
over a year ago

City center

Its either in you or not

over a year ago

"Its either in you or not"

Thats what he said.....

over a year ago

Think your 100% spot on tbh

over a year ago

"Everyone gets respect from me until their own behaviour destroys it. "
this I'm in full agreement with

over a year ago

"Everyone gets respect from me until their own behaviour destroys it. this I'm in full agreement with "

Delectable profile.. But a year to young, I hate filters!

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Respect yourself and others will respect you. - Confucius

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

the moon

"Alan your an attention seeking fuck. Its that simple. Nobody posted on the miss fab thread after your post today. So you set up this thread. I feel a little sorry about your insecurites. Just a little now. But seriously grow tge fuck up you complete tool"

Last thread closed by moderator and profile now suspended...enough said...

By *antona33Man
over a year ago

collon

Alan’s a bit like Liverpool’s premiership trophy cabinet .. empty and a joke

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Alan’s a bit like Liverpool’s premiership trophy cabinet .. empty and a joke "

Bit like a grown man calling himself after a footballer

By *antona33Man
over a year ago

collon

"Alan’s a bit like Liverpool’s premiership trophy cabinet .. empty and a joke

Bit like a grown man calling himself after a footballer "

I was only having a wee dig at Alan as he has started numerous threads about anyone but United ... will you chill out and lay back .. what’s wrong with my alias ? Should I change it to Stephen ?

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

Treat people as you want to be treated. You dont need to divulge your life story but if you behave like a twat thats what you get back ..behave with decency you'll get that that instead. Nothing to do with "popular" but more to do with personalities and someones own moral compass.

By *antona33Man
over a year ago

collon

I like Eric cantona .. you like fishing by the lake with your rod ! Different strokes for different folks ... goodnight .

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Treat people as you want to be treated. You dont need to divulge your life story but if you behave like a twat thats what you get back ..behave with decency you'll get that that instead. Nothing to do with "popular" but more to do with personalities and someones own moral compass. "

Agree completely

Post new Message to Thread