By *ymguyN.I OP   Man
over a year ago

belfast

let me know if your in one or have been & how it worked for you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Why couldn't they work? It just takes open honesty, trust and communication. Also the couple should discuss rules and boundaries, what is acceptable and not acceptable, etc.

I was in a swinging relationship with my last partner. It was a somewhat open relationship though not fully. We had some teething problems at the start but through good communication managed to adapt and adjust and we found that it vastly improved our relationship.

By *ackandsashaCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

Works well for us.Neither of us actively go out looking for fun, but if the opportunity arises, we both have permission to have fun.But then most times we are out without the other, we would be with mutual friends or people who we definitely wouldn't like to know we have fun without each other.

It takes away the whole cheating possibility too. And we both love hearing dirty details later |!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How could it work because no matter what way you put it someone is cheating on the other.I know people will say it's with the others consent (still cheating)

By *hiaboutMan
over a year ago

johnstown

Gosh one wonders why u on fab

By *rishcouple12Couple
over a year ago

Cork County

"How could it work because no matter what way you put it someone is cheating on the other.I know people will say it's with the others consent (still cheating) "

Am intrigued what do you define as "cheating"

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"How could it work because no matter what way you put it someone is cheating on the other.I know people will say it's with the others consent (still cheating) "

How is someone cheating on the other?

Here's the dictionary definition for the word cheat:

Cheat[cheet]

verb (used with object)

to defraud; swindle:

He cheated her out of her inheritance.

to deceive; influence by fraud:

He cheated us into believing him a hero.

verb (used without object)

to practice fraud or deceit:

She cheats without regrets.

to violate rules or regulations:

He cheats at cards.

SEE MORE

noun

a person who acts dishonestly, deceives, or defrauds:

He is a cheat and a liar.

a fraud; swindle; deception:

The game was a cheat.

If a couple are being honest with one another and do not decieve one another and do not break the agreed rules or regulations they have set for

their relationship then it is not cheating.

Are you sure this is the right site for you?

over a year ago

Probably isn't the right site for me. Because I say it exactly as I see it and people don't like the truth.

over a year ago

"Probably isn't the right site for me. Because I say it exactly as I see it and people don't like the truth."

You literally just stated that your truth is more true than the English dictionary itself

over a year ago

"Probably isn't the right site for me. Because I say it exactly as I see it and people don't like the truth.

You literally just stated that your truth is more true than the English dictionary itself "

Open relationships is just another word for cheating and getting away with it.

By *rishcouple12Couple
over a year ago

Cork County

"Probably isn't the right site for me. Because I say it exactly as I see it and people don't like the truth."

You and Jack Nicholson would have a great night out, well he would have to be in character as Col. Nathan R. Jessep but none the less a great night out

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

We have an ethical non-monogamous relationship, which involves a lot more communication and trust than a regular monogamous relationship I think.

It works because we respect, love and trust one another, which should be the basis of any good relationship.

Maybe someone who has never understood or experienced that, could call it ‘cheating’ as it might alleviate their own feelings of inadequacy.

over a year ago

"We have an ethical non-monogamous relationship, which involves a lot more communication and trust than a regular monogamous relationship I think.

It works because we respect, love and trust one another, which should be the basis of any good relationship.

Maybe someone who has never understood or experienced that, could call it ‘cheating’ as it might alleviate their own feelings of inadequacy."

But if things are that good between you why need anyone else involved.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Probably isn't the right site for me. Because I say it exactly as I see it and people don't like the truth.

You literally just stated that your truth is more true than the English dictionary itself Open relationships is just another word for cheating and getting away with it. "

As explained above, by the very definition of the word cheating, if two persons in a relationship are honest with each other, do not deceive each other and do not break the agreed rules and boundaries they have set for their relationship then it is not cheating.

over a year ago

You literally just stated that your truth is more true than the English dictionary itself Open relationships is just another word for cheating and getting away with it.

As explained above, by the very definition of the word cheating, if two persons in a relationship are honest with each other, do not deceive each other and do not break the agreed rules and boundaries they have set for their relationship then it is not cheating."

I'm sure if people tell themselves often enough that it's not cheating they eventually believe it.

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"But if things are that good between you why need anyone else involved. "

People have more than one child, it doesn’t mean they love the first child any less. Likewise we all have different friends who we do different things with, no one would ever ask ‘why not just stick with one friend if things are so good?’

Because no one person can ever be everything to another and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Granted monogamy works for some people, just don’t expect everyone to conform to a single norm.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"We have an ethical non-monogamous relationship, which involves a lot more communication and trust than a regular monogamous relationship I think.

Maybe someone who has never understood or experienced that, could call it ‘cheating’ as it might alleviate their own feelings of inadequacy. But if things are that good between you why need anyone else involved. "

Because it can make the good thing even better.

If your favourite meal is that good then why eat other meals instead of just having it every day?

If your favourite song is that good then why listen to other songs when you can listen to your favourite song over and over again?

If your favourite movie or TV show is so good why not watch it over and over instead of anything else?

Because it would soon become boring and monotonous.

A swinging relationship or openness can add variety to a couple's sex life and keep things interesting.

With my partner I found that it also improved our relationship and the level of love and trust we had for one another.

over a year ago

You literally just stated that your truth is more true than the English dictionary itself Open relationships is just another word for cheating and getting away with it.

As explained above, by the very definition of the word cheating, if two persons in a relationship are honest with each other, do not deceive each other and do not break the agreed rules and boundaries they have set for their relationship then it is not cheating. I'm sure if people tell themselves often enough that it's not cheating they eventually believe it."

How about if 99% of people think its not cheating?

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

As explained above, by the very definition of the word cheating, if two persons in a relationship are honest with each other, do not deceive each other and do not break the agreed rules and boundaries they have set for their relationship then it is not cheating. I'm sure if people tell themselves often enough that it's not cheating they eventually believe it."

You seem to be having great difficulty understanding the definition of the word cheating despite having it explained to you.

Either that or you have got to be trolling.

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

Gotta to be a troll! Gone all silent and profile is now hidden.

over a year ago

I believe deep down most people realize that it's cheating but don't do anything about it until the damage has been done.

over a year ago

As explained above, by the very definition of the word cheating, if two persons in a relationship are honest with each other, do not deceive each other and do not break the agreed rules and boundaries they have set for their relationship then it is not cheating. I'm sure if people tell themselves often enough that it's not cheating they eventually believe it.

How about if 99% of people think its not cheating? "

Well isn't it a good job the other 1% knows the truth.

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"I believe deep down most people realize that it's cheating but don't do anything about it until the damage has been done. "

So this is your own ‘belief’. Based on what experience?

over a year ago

"I believe deep down most people realize that it's cheating but don't do anything about it until the damage has been done. "

Do you mean that usually one half of the couple is not comfortable with the situation and that an open relationshion will always cause damage? Still wouldnt agree but at least thst would make some sense instead of bringing cheating into it

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

So why are you on this site yourself then? Simply to preach to us? You have your opinion which you're fully entitled to but by the very definition of the word cheating in the English dictionary your viewpoint is invalid.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

As explained above, by the very definition of the word cheating, if two persons in a relationship are honest with each other, do not deceive each other and do not break the agreed rules and boundaries they have set for their relationship then it is not cheating. I'm sure if people tell themselves often enough that it's not cheating they eventually believe it.

How about if 99% of people think its not cheating? Well isn't it a good job the other 1% knows the truth. "

It's not a "truth". It's your "opinion". Big difference.

over a year ago

Ah sure we all know that the truth hurts and things like open relationships never end up well.Because of the c word.

over a year ago

"Ah sure we all know that the truth hurts and things like open relationships never end up well.Because of the c word. "

Ya c*nts ruin everything

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"Ah sure we all know that the truth hurts and things like open relationships never end up well.Because of the c word. "

‘We all know’ and ‘things like’ are hardly a basis for a logical argument.

If you have experience of it not working for you personally, why not just say so?

over a year ago

"Ah sure we all know that the truth hurts and things like open relationships never end up well.Because of the c word.

Ya c*nts ruin everything"

Ah come now no need for that kind of language.

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"Ah sure we all know that the truth hurts and things like open relationships never end up well.Because of the c word.

Ya c*nts ruin everything"

Always wanting more

over a year ago

Ya c*nts ruin everything

Always wanting more "

They are a curse

over a year ago

If you have experience of it not working for you personally, why not just say so?"

Oh goodness me I would never have an open relationships I could never cheat on someone I love.

By *wingme22Man
over a year ago

Galway

Ya c*nts ruin everything Ah come now no need for that kind of language."

I think you might be on the wrong site if you get offended that easily. There's pics of naked people on here you know

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

If you have experience of it not working for you personally, why not just say so? Oh goodness me I would never have an open relationships I could never cheat on someone I love."

Ok so we know you are a strong believer in monogamy and good for you, I always respect people’s genuinely held beliefs.

But it begs the very obvious question: what are you doing on a swinging site?

over a year ago

Ya c*nts ruin everything Ah come now no need for that kind of language.

I think you might be on the wrong site if you get offended that easily. There's pics of naked people on here you know"

I know that's why I don't put on my glasses when I'm on the site God knows what one might see.

over a year ago

If you have experience of it not working for you personally, why not just say so? Oh goodness me I would never have an open relationships I could never cheat on someone I love.

Ok so we know you are a strong believer in monogamy and good for you, I always respect people’s genuinely held beliefs.

But it begs the very obvious question: what are you doing on a swinging site?"

I'm looking for a wee woman to settle down with.

By *wingme22Man
over a year ago

Galway

If you have experience of it not working for you personally, why not just say so? Oh goodness me I would never have an open relationships I could never cheat on someone I love.

But it begs the very obvious question: what are you doing on a swinging site? I'm looking for a wee woman to settle down with. "

As I said wrong site!

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"Ok so we know you are a strong believer in monogamy and good for you, I always respect people’s genuinely held beliefs.

But it begs the very obvious question: what are you doing on a swinging site? I'm looking for a wee woman to settle down with. "

*bursts out laughing

over a year ago

But it begs the very obvious question: what are you doing on a swinging site? I'm looking for a wee woman to settle down with.

As I said wrong site!"

So no wee woman on this site for me.

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"As I said wrong site! So no wee woman on this site for me."

Didn’t you say three days ago that you were leaving?

over a year ago

"As I said wrong site! So no wee woman on this site for me.

Didn’t you say three days ago that you were leaving?"

No that was a song I was writing.

By *wingme22Man
over a year ago

Galway

Didn’t you say three days ago that you were leaving? No that was a song I was writing."

Ah please don't go you are great crack!

over a year ago

Didn’t you say three days ago that you were leaving? No that was a song I was writing.

Ah please don't go you are great crack!"

Ah sure since you asked so nicely I will stay until I go.

By *wingme22Man
over a year ago

Galway

Sorry OP got side tracked. Yes I believe they can work. But as was said earlier it takes a solid couple and a lot of communication for it to work.

over a year ago

" But as was said earlier it takes a solid couple and a lot of communication for it to work. "

Surely that goes for any relationship?

over a year ago

" But as was said earlier it takes a solid couple and a lot of communication for it to work.

Surely that goes for any relationship? "

Ya but the OP was asking about open relationships

over a year ago

" But as was said earlier it takes a solid couple and a lot of communication for it to work.

Ya but the OP was asking about open relationships "

Mother of divinity. So the answer for OP is yes, like any relationship, with good communication and a solid base it'll work. We have friends in the vanilla world with a successful life-long open relationship. They have their ups and downs like everyone else.

over a year ago

Ya but the OP was asking about open relationships

Mother of divinity. So the answer for OP is yes, like any relationship, with good communication and a solid base it'll work. We have friends in the vanilla world with a successful life-long open relationship. They have their ups and downs like everyone else. "

Ya so why the need to point it out? If the answer works either way

over a year ago

Look sure if you want the ride relationships open or closed are not going to stop you.

By *wingme22Man
over a year ago

Galway

Yes it is true in every relationship!

By *hePocketRocketWoman
over a year ago

You and Jack Nicholson would have a great night out, well he would have to be in character as Col. Nathan R. Jessep but none the less a great night out

"

over a year ago

Trying to figure out which regilous ethos the Op is preaching from.

Definitely not Mormon

By *ymguyN.I OP   Man
over a year ago

belfast

"Trying to figure out which regilous ethos the Op is preaching from.

Definitely not Mormon "

I dont preach

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Definitely not Mormon I dont preach"

I think he has gotten you mixed up with the guy who has been trolling this thread.....OriginalMe.

over a year ago

If you have experience of it not working for you personally, why not just say so? Oh goodness me I would never have an open relationships I could never cheat on someone I love."

So why are you here?

I wish to know before my ex husband betrayed me and after 15 years of cheating, finally I have the knowledge that my ideal marriage was a fake relationship I could agree to open relationship only if he asked me. And yes the honesty and good communication must be there

over a year ago

So why are you here?

I wish to know before my ex husband betrayed me and after 15 years of cheating, finally I have the knowledge that my ideal marriage was a fake relationship I could agree to open relationship only if he asked me. And yes the honesty and good communication must be there"

I'm here to meet a wee woman and fall in love.

over a year ago

So why are you here?

I wish to know before my ex husband betrayed me and after 15 years of cheating, finally I have the knowledge that my ideal marriage was a fake relationship I could agree to open relationship only if he asked me. And yes the honesty and good communication must be there I'm here to meet a wee woman and fall in love."

Good luck then

over a year ago

So why are you here?

I wish to know before my ex husband betrayed me and after 15 years of cheating, finally I have the knowledge that my ideal marriage was a fake relationship I could agree to open relationship only if he asked me. And yes the honesty and good communication must be there I'm here to meet a wee woman and fall in love.

Good luck then "

What you doing for Valentine's day im free to meet on that day if interested .

By *ucianpoundCouple
over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

An open relationship has worked for us for 35 years and has enriched our lives and added to our love for each other.

The only time it was difficult was 20 years ago when we decided to have weekends away with lovers.

The two issues were money: using our family income to pay for hotels/ meals with others and commitment: our lovers wanted mor from us than we could give.

Nowadays we find that swinging is much more equable and a lot less complicated.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

It's like everything in life. Different strokes for different folks. Some people are open to it some aren't. Finding someone who wants the same thing is difficult .

over a year ago

Quick Q: can you block someone whose profile is hidden? I’d like to

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Quick Q: can you block someone whose profile is hidden? I’d like to "

Have they messaged you before? If so, just open any message from them and there should be a block sender option.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Also, if you click on the person and it shows Profile Hidden, click on Menu then click on Block User

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Click on tbe profile even if they have u blocked it still let u blick them

By *laymates30Couple
over a year ago

The West

"Quick Q: can you block someone whose profile is hidden? I’d like to

Click on tbe profile even if they have u blocked it still let u blick them "

Thanks!

over a year ago

"Quick Q: can you block someone whose profile is hidden? I’d like to

Click on tbe profile even if they have u blocked it still let u blick them

Thanks!"

Lol

over a year ago

So why are you here?

I wish to know before my ex husband betrayed me and after 15 years of cheating, finally I have the knowledge that my ideal marriage was a fake relationship I could agree to open relationship only if he asked me. And yes the honesty and good communication must be there I'm here to meet a wee woman and fall in love.

Good luck then What you doing for Valentine's day im free to meet on that day if interested ."

Trip with kids and parents around Europe and will be back before March 1st. No chance for a date

over a year ago

Don't feed the troll folks...

W.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/02/19 14:55:44]

over a year ago

Definitely not Mormon I dont preach"

Was directed at the troll. Not you OP

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

Depends on how open and honest both parties are. People's views are very individual...as you can see from here

Post new Message to Thread