Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Recession Beaters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

2012 and changes in VAT Rates extra taxes means we all have too tighten our wallets/purses.

Post your tips here.

Mine as a smoker have discovered John Player have launched a new brand in competition to the Purple variety, JPS silver retail at €7.63 as opposed to €9.10 for the latter brand

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

or you could just give up the fags.........

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

they also launched the jp red,,starter pack for a rolling machine,filters and papers cost 18 euro,rolls 60 cigs,,you just need to buy the baccie and filters/papers ech time after that which cost 8,50 per pack,,or so im told

over a year ago

Better still quit

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

if i was finding things difficult..i couldnt justify spending 9euro on a pack..let alone 7...

over a year ago

as an ex-smoker myself it's not that easy just to quit. I stopped 5 months ago and I still have cravings. It's a tough addiction!

But I have to admit I love having the additional money now!! Oh and my hair always smells lovely now

over a year ago

Fair point BBwitched, you know the smell you get when you walk into the sitting room first thing in the morning, when there is a full ashtray there, well that can be how a smokers hair, clothing, and sometimes skin smell.... And they never notice it, another reason to stay off them and well done to you for making 5mths

over a year ago

For mp3 iPhone and Android users the 'EGG" speaker system reduced to €4 in Penneys is a must, excellent sound clarity.....

Well done too BBwitched, I'm planning to join the ranks of a non smoker over the next few weeks.

over a year ago

if you're lazy and don't want to cook and don't have much money.... Instant noodles at Tesco's for 20 cents a pack.

Add a tin of peas and a bit of sour creme or philadelphia and you've got a pretty nice meal lol

over a year ago

Recycle cum

Snowballing is the way forward

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/01/12 15:51:03]

over a year ago

"if you're lazy and don't want to cook and don't have much money.... Instant noodles at Tesco's for 20 cents a pack.

Add a tin of peas and a bit of sour creme or philadelphia and you've got a pretty nice meal lol"

Fair play, just did exactly as you suggested... interesting flavour

over a year ago

hey, I never said it's a gourmet meal but you can't complain about a 50 cent meal

over a year ago

if you can't afford the gym or expensive classes like zumba, buy a fitness DVD.

I love Mr Motivator's DVDs, he's fun and you can jump around and make an arse of yourself in your own home without skinny people judging you.

Btw. I use tins of baked beans as weights... lol

By *unkeyMan
over a year ago

Clare

If ur real hungry and skint.shove a knitting needle up a mouse's ass and toast it over a candle.

over a year ago

Don't really matter what taxes are the best things in life are free swing swing swing

Post new Message to Thread