Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

A parent

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

What's the joys and downturns of been a parent? Be honest...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ah, the first 18 years are the worst...

over a year ago

"What's the joys and downturns of been a parent? Be honest..."

90% shitter than anyone could ever imagine. 10% the most wonderful beautiful thing in the world.

By *rinibooWoman
over a year ago

clare

Your life isn’t your own anymore . They give the best hugs and can make you smile on a bad day .

over a year ago

Tipperary

"What's the joys and downturns of been a parent? Be honest...

90% shitter than anyone could ever imagine. 10% the most wonderful beautiful thing in the world. "

more bad things then good?

By *lan5200Man
over a year ago

cavan

You get to see the world through children’s eyes again (in glimpses)

over a year ago

Nothing compares to the love you have for your child from the moment you meet them but ye you lose 90% of your time

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman
over a year ago

South Dub

They drive you up the wall, you get no sleep, you can’t go to the loo alone, sleep alone, shower alone. Getting time for yourself is gold dust but yet you can’t imagine what your life would be with out them. I’m super proud of both my babies they make me a better person

Don’t tell them I said that

over a year ago

Tipperary

I'm reading all the comments and it's great but I love my social side of life so much, time away with friends etc, voluntarily what I'm involved in. If I had to give that up or cut back I can picture it driving me nuts

over a year ago

No sleep . Can’t do anything with out a plan . Have 4 and twins and you won’t swap it for anything in the world .

over a year ago

South Dub

"I'm reading all the comments and it's great but I love my social side of life so much, time away with friends etc, voluntarily what I'm involved in. If I had to give that up or cut back I can picture it driving me nuts "

You think that till you have them! Before you know it you are wanting to be home lol

over a year ago

"I'm reading all the comments and it's great but I love my social side of life so much, time away with friends etc, voluntarily what I'm involved in. If I had to give that up or cut back I can picture it driving me nuts

You think that till you have them! Before you know it you are wanting to be home lol"

And other times you’ll be wanting to run away

over a year ago

"They drive you up the wall, you get no sleep, you can’t go to the loo alone, sleep alone, shower alone. Getting time for yourself is gold dust but yet you can’t imagine what your life would be with out them. I’m super proud of both my babies they make me a better person

Don’t tell them I said that "

Nailed it, and terrible 2's go on until four am told so I have only another year to endure x 2

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I'm reading all the comments and it's great but I love my social side of life so much, time away with friends etc, voluntarily what I'm involved in. If I had to give that up or cut back I can picture it driving me nuts

You think that till you have them! Before you know it you are wanting to be home lol"

what if you have them and want your old life back? You're screwed lol

over a year ago

A smile or a giggle from them when your in bad form can change your day

By *addy0Man
over a year ago

carlow town

I'm a single dad too my little girl and although can be tough at times I wouldn't change it/her for the world she's a star

over a year ago

As a single parent from day one it's been hard. I have sacrificed a lot of my life but when ur 18yr old turns around and thanks you for everything you've done it makes it all worth well. He drives me daft but he's a good lad and I know I have raised him well.

As for when they are small no matter how hard things are when ur child hugs you or tells you they life you it is unconditional love and no one else can give you that.

over a year ago

Being a single parent is not easy. After bad day at work you just pop in home and when see big smile of your children and they kiss you and hug you, so you dont even remember why you have been so tired and upset. Overall its not so bad First 3years are bad, but then kids grow up, are more independent and be your the best friends (only if you allow them to do so)

over a year ago

"What's the joys and downturns of been a parent? Be honest...

90% shitter than anyone could ever imagine. 10% the most wonderful beautiful thing in the world. more bad things then good?"

Yep. Totally worth it, but it's the toughest thing in the world in my opinion

over a year ago

South Dub

You think that till you have them! Before you know it you are wanting to be home lol what if you have them and want your old life back? You're screwed lol"

I don’t want my old life back I enjoy my freedom when I get it. I may have to plan to get free but make up for it like tomorrow can’t wait to be free

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 08/02/19 22:54:40]

over a year ago

Could never picture myself as a parent... not a chance..

over a year ago

"Could never picture myself as a parent... not a chance.. "

Similar to getting married, it seems socially, to be expected to happen regardless of whether the person wants it or not

By *un_guy_69Man
over a year ago

Lim Tipp border

Oh yes they are an unending sponge of your time.

But having said that the love you have for your child is unequalled. Combine that with almost daily having at least one special moment where they surprise you or shock you or show you the true love makes the lack of time so worth it.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

One of the hardest jobs to be parent. No classes no interviews no manual giving when you become one.... I've three children two are now adults and than my baby. And I'm still learning all we can as parents hope for is our kids do right.

Its get harder when they get older and you worry more when they start venturing out in the big bad world. As a parent you never stop worrying. But I wouldn't change them for the world in fact they have taught me so much...

By *rossflow daveMan
over a year ago

Mullingar

Children are like a fart , you can just about stand your own !

By *ewishguyMan
over a year ago

mid ulster

It’s the best thing in the world! Without a doubt.

over a year ago

Wouldn't ever change having kids,yes its hard at times and very little you time but they constantly amaze and surprise you. Even on your worst day they are there to show you never ending love

over a year ago

Nothing or no one can prepare you for a child, they will drive you up the wall at times and you will want to pull your hair out. They will challenge you over the smallest things.

But the love they show, the kindness they have is the most powerful thing in the world.

On your darkest days they can light your world like no one else.

Even when you can't bring yourself to laugh they will find a way.

Their love is without conditions and that is something that can never be bought, giving, traded and the most amazing feeling you will ever have

over a year ago

"Children are like a fart , you can just about stand your own ! "

So true now that mines a adult my tolerance for little ones is very low. Watched a child today prob about 3 yrs of age and he knocked the pile of trays off the counter in a coffee shop twice, well his mum picked them up he just stood there saying "mummy I hate you" yet he was standing there with a new toy out of toy shop.

I know what I would have done

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Children are like a fart , you can just about stand your own !

So true now that mines a adult my tolerance for little ones is very low. Watched a child today prob about 3 yrs of age and he knocked the pile of trays off the counter in a coffee shop twice, well his mum picked them up he just stood there saying "mummy I hate you" yet he was standing there with a new toy out of toy shop.

I know what I would have done"

spoilt wrotten.

over a year ago

Learning that what you don't like about yourself is now running around like a mini version of you.

So when you are a like in ways and clash personality wise.

And having to be worrying about things that before you became a parent didn't worry you.

Plus you realise who your real friends are. But you also do make good life long friends in the end that have kids around the same age as your own. Ye it is tough. But I wouldn't change the boys for the world. As it is a learning curve every day.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Jaysos dbswyw, another parenting thread.... are you pregnant?

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"Jaysos dbswyw, another parenting thread.... are you pregnant? "

He's getting broody

Must be hormones

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Jaysos dbswyw, another parenting thread.... are you pregnant? "
answer the question if you want to comment

By *arkmandy69Couple
over a year ago

waterford

can be the hardest job in the world, but can be the most rewarding, as long as you can except that your life will be on hold and the fact you no longer come first, your half way there, they dont come with a book and most of us make it up as we go along, never a right or wrong time to have kids, you just get on with it, and love the little wirdos you have produced xx

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The joys:

Gave me purpose in life.

Could make me smile or carry on even during my darkest days.

That feeling of unconditional love.

Downturns:

The constant worrying that something might happened to them.

They constantly keep you on the edge of poverty "Bank of Daddy" sorts everything it would seem. Lol

Having been separated from her mother when she was young, then having had to go in and out of court countless times over the years, just to have contact with her and be a part of her life, it's been a long hard road but she changed me and my life for the better.

I wouldn't change a thing though I don't think I would have any more kids. The one was enough for me.

over a year ago

I'm a father of 6 myself would say there's nothing like looking at you child and seeing the love they have for you and the down is less time for your stuff and lots less sleep

over a year ago

Love been a parent but so much better been a grandparent the joy he has brought to my life is so special

Post new Message to Thread