Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Single mammies

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

No daddies in site. Is there many around your locality? My real question. What is a single mother intitled to off the state? Intitled might be a wrong word but you get my drift.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"No daddies in site. Is there many around your locality? My real question. What is a single mother intitled to off the state? Intitled might be a wrong word but you get my drift. "

Wow what a loaded question!

Well as a single parent I never considered myself entitled to anything off the state. I have worked my bloody ass off to provide my son with an education, a good up bringing and a safe home. And I have done without a lot to provide for him.

over a year ago

"No daddies in site. Is there many around your locality? My real question. What is a single mother intitled to off the state? Intitled might be a wrong word but you get my drift. "

Why do you need to know? Say your a single mother and people think you get benefits. Ffs

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Jeez well there's one way for a person to shoot himself in the foot. Good luck OP. Lol

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Ah it's like the good ole days of Fab where you ask questions that will rile up people

To answer your question why not Google that question because as far as I know the welfare/citizen advice have most of that info on line.

over a year ago

To be fair to OP, he wasn’t saying anything disparaging. He’s simply just asking what assistance is available for a single parent from the state in circumstances where the other parent isn’t around. Fair play to any single parent who didn’t/doesn’t need assistance but some do.

over a year ago

Tipperary

Sorry, single mammies who don't work. That bit should be in there

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Sorry, single mammies who don't work. That bit should be in there "
what they're intitled to off the state.

over a year ago

"Sorry, single mammies who don't work. That bit should be in there "

Ah here do you actually know what a single parent if one gets paid by social welfare?

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"To be fair to OP, he wasn’t saying anything disparaging. He’s simply just asking what assistance is available for a single parent from the state in circumstances where the other parent isn’t around. Fair play to any single parent who didn’t/doesn’t need assistance but some do. "

The wording is somewhat ambiguous but having read back over it I see your point.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Sorry, single mammies who don't work. That bit should be in there

Ah here do you actually know what a single parent if one gets paid by social welfare?

"

that's what I'm asking. What does a single mother get whose not working.

over a year ago

Op why do you need to know. If it's that important Google it. Your attention seeking

over a year ago

It's €198 a week with €31 for one child.

So let's see take cost of rent, heating, electric, food, clothing, nappies, baby food, a phone, travel just in case who want to get out of house.

Rent allowance isn't always accepted by landlords.

I definitely didn't become a single parent to live a life of luxury.

But sure why not go off and get some young one pregnant and ask her in 18yrs how she got on. All the sun holidays she had, the big car she drives, the best of clothes she wears.

I tell you one thing op when you are sitting with a screeching baby at 4am because they are in pain that 220 odd quid from the government is a great comfort.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Op why do you need to know. If it's that important Google it. Your attention seeking"
I could respond asking why is anyone getting on their high horse to a simply asked question or if you don't like a thread, ignore it.

over a year ago

"Op why do you need to know. If it's that important Google it. Your attention seekingI could respond asking why is anyone getting on their high horse to a simply asked question or if you don't like a thread, ignore it. "

It's easily answered on google

over a year ago

that's what I'm asking. What does a single mother get whose not working. "

198.00 a week with €31 euro for the child each week. Children's allowance is €140 a month.

over a year ago

Tipperary

198.00 a week with €31 euro for the child each week. Children's allowance is €140 a month.

"

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"

Is that all they get..thats brutal..always thought lone parents was much more than job seekers allowance

By *onygirl19Woman
over a year ago

co dublin

I’m sure the OP meant single parent , not necessarily just single mums

over a year ago

198.00 a week with €31 euro for the child each week. Children's allowance is €140 a month. Plus lone parents are able to work up to 15 hrs to top up what they get .

"

over a year ago

Is that all they get..thats brutal..always thought lone parents was much more than job seekers allowance "

Nope it's not. And if you work more than 20 hours who get means tested, that's how it used to work.

By *marrisWoman
over a year ago

Cork

"Ah it's like the good ole days of Fab where you ask questions that will rile up people

To answer your question why not Google that question because as far as I know the welfare/citizen advice have most of that info on line. "

over a year ago

Tipperary

Ye single parent although I probably see alot more single mams then single dad's. I have heard the line often used if I'm honest, "sure single mothers are fleecing the state". I didn't ever know how true it was.

over a year ago

"Ye single parent although I probably see alot more single mams then single dad's. I have heard the line often used if I'm honest, "sure single mothers are fleecing the state". I didn't ever know how true it was. "

Well it's not for the majority but yes there are "people fleecing the state" not just single parents. Always wondered how a person who has never worked in their live can afford a brand new car every year couple of holidays etc but yet signs on once month.

Hate the way single mums are tarred with the same brush. As a single parent who raised her kid from day one alone. No weekend dad's etc.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

You should have used condoms, silly.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"You should have used condoms, silly. "
I do, I'm excellent.

over a year ago

"Ye single parent although I probably see alot more single mams then single dad's. I have heard the line often used if I'm honest, "sure single mothers are fleecing the state". I didn't ever know how true it was.

Well it's not for the majority but yes there are "people fleecing the state" not just single parents. Always wondered how a person who has never worked in their live can afford a brand new car every year couple of holidays etc but yet signs on once month.

Hate the way single mums are tarred with the same brush. As a single parent who raised her kid from day one alone. No weekend dad's etc.

"

Hats off to any woman or man who parents by themselves and supports their family..I don't know how they do it!

over a year ago

I used one not 100 %

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

the moon

Who is that directed to...

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Being a single parent to three children is bloody hard work financially mentally, childcare while your in work it's robbing Peter to pay Paul all the time. How people think single mothers are robbing the state or fleecing boils my blood .

By *irtyfun7Man
over a year ago

Big up to all the single moms on fab...yous are all doing a great job...

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

Fair play to all the single mothers on here who have worked to make sure there kids have what they need safe home education etc takes a lot to work a job at the same time not easy

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Being a single parent to three children is bloody hard work financially mentally, childcare while your in work it's robbing Peter to pay Paul all the time. How people think single mothers are robbing the state or fleecing boils my blood .

"

the comment is more referring to mothers who don't work I'd say.

over a year ago

"Being a single parent to three children is bloody hard work financially mentally, childcare while your in work it's robbing Peter to pay Paul all the time. How people think single mothers are robbing the state or fleecing boils my blood .

the comment is more referring to mothers who don't work I'd say."

Still a fleeting comment plenty of single mothers who don't have the option to work because of childcare

At end of day plenty people in this country "fleecing the state" single parents an easy target.

By *irtyfun7Man
over a year ago

M8 you seem to b singling out single mothers whic is very strange if u want to go on here...il ask you ur own question...

Oh n by way just because ur single with kids n getting benefits doesnt make you any different from anyone else on here...

Mayb she cant work due to illness..u gona kick her for that to..

If ur a man who gets a woman pregnant n walk away n wipe ur hands off ur responsibility ur not a mam...ud the balls to sleep with her...need to grow them n do right by her...sees ur bady mommy

over a year ago

You're only entitled to two things in life

To die and pay taxes

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/01/19 20:22:30]

over a year ago

Single mothers do exactly what the mother in a relationship does and more, regardless whether they work or not

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"You should have used condoms, silly.

Who is that directed to..."

At the op

over a year ago

"No daddies in site. Is there many around your locality? My real question. What is a single mother intitled to off the state? Intitled might be a wrong word but you get my drift.

Well as a single parent I never considered myself entitled to anything off the state. I have worked my bloody ass off to provide my son with an education, a good up bringing and a safe home. And I have done without a lot to provide for him.

"

I've a lot of respect for the mum's who rear well-raised, mannerly kids on that. Not so much for the ones who use it as an excuse for bad parenting.

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

"Sorry, single mammies who don't work. That bit should be in there what they're intitled to off the state. "

OP seriously think about what yoyr saying before you type.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Sorry, single mammies who don't work. That bit should be in there what they're intitled to off the state.

OP seriously think about what yoyr saying before you type. "

you look at the vast majority of this thread, normal conversational comments and then you have the one or 2 whingy moans but sure I guess that's fab after all.

over a year ago

"Ye single parent although I probably see alot more single mams then single dad's. I have heard the line often used if I'm honest, "sure single mothers are fleecing the state". I didn't ever know how true it was. "

The only people I see "fleecing the state is our very own government the b******s :*(

over a year ago

Tipperary

In your view should all able bodied single mams and dads (so a few dont get their knickers in a twist) be willing to work?

over a year ago

"No daddies in site. Is there many around your locality? My real question. What is a single mother intitled to off the state? Intitled might be a wrong word but you get my drift.

I've a lot of respect for the mum's who rear well-raised, mannerly kids on that. Not so much for the ones who use it as an excuse for bad parenting."

Cause all kids raised by two parents are great law abiding ones.

over a year ago

They are ENTITLED not to put up with this sort of bollocks.

over a year ago

Tipperary

They are ENTITLED not to put up with this sort of bollocks. "

im sure they will be terribly offended.

By *upidsbowkissWoman
over a year ago

City Center

My sister is a single mother who doesn't work, the reason being that her child has a disability and needs full time care. She lives in a one bedroom apartment with him and as a result is very much isolated from society. She hasn't been on a holiday in 5 years and can't afford a car. Things are never as simple as they first seem.

Oh, and the dad who sees him for one day a month (his choice) likes to refer to himself as a single dad.

over a year ago

Your sister is my hero

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

"My sister is a single mother who doesn't work, the reason being that her child has a disability and needs full time care. She lives in a one bedroom apartment with him and as a result is very much isolated from society. She hasn't been on a holiday in 5 years and can't afford a car. Things are never as simple as they first seem.

Oh, and the dad who sees him for one day a month (his choice) likes to refer to himself as a single dad. "

child’s dad sounds like a typical wanker able to make kids but not look after them fair play to your sister family first

over a year ago

What about single daddies

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"My sister is a single mother who doesn't work, the reason being that her child has a disability and needs full time care. She lives in a one bedroom apartment with him and as a result is very much isolated from society. She hasn't been on a holiday in 5 years and can't afford a car. Things are never as simple as they first seem.

Oh, and the dad who sees him for one day a month (his choice) likes to refer to himself as a single dad. child’s dad sounds like a typical wanker able to make kids but not look after them fair play to your sister family first"

If he had just been a wanker he wouldn't have managed to have a kid either!

over a year ago

Oh, and the dad who sees him for one day a month (his choice) likes to refer to himself as a single dad. "

He deserted your sister. He can never call himself a father

over a year ago

"In your view should all able bodied single mams and dads (so a few dont get their knickers in a twist) be willing to work?"

I'm sure many are willing but have you any idea of the price of child care? Not financially viable for many unless they can rely on family

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman
over a year ago

South Dub

"In your view should all able bodied single mams and dads (so a few dont get their knickers in a twist) be willing to work?

I'm sure many are willing but have you any idea of the price of child care? Not financially viable for many unless they can rely on family"

Exactly even just after school care is around 800 a month and not everyone has ex’s who pay maintenance. I do work and always have. Still can’t afford anything

over a year ago

Oh, and the dad who sees him for one day a month (his choice) likes to refer to himself as a single dad.

He deserted your sister. He can never call himself a father "

No he can call himself a father....

Anyone can father a child

He just can't call himself a dad

over a year ago

"In your view should all able bodied single mams and dads (so a few dont get their knickers in a twist) be willing to work?

I'm sure many are willing but have you any idea of the price of child care? Not financially viable for many unless they can rely on family"

Yes geordie it's a tough situation. Family are important

over a year ago

He deserted your sister. He can never call himself a father

No he can call himself a father....

Anyone can father a child

He just can't call himself a dad "

That's what I meant to say

over a year ago

Tipperary

Family is ideal in that scenario.

over a year ago

Op did you mean about unemployed single mothers?

They have a reason to stay at home and take a money from government. As a single, full time working mother I can say it never is easy. They probably want to be at work but have to stay at home and raise the children. Maybe the father doesn't even wants to participate in his own child life - very bad. Maybe she has a child with disability? Any reason it might be, they are brave women and need a respect.

Cheers!

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

the moon

"You should have used condoms, silly.

Who is that directed to...

At the op"

Xx

By *onathan kMan
over a year ago

sligo ballymote

looking at all your comments it's making me think how come my ex go away every second weekend

over a year ago

Single mum here, work full time in a very demanding challenging job, have a 3 year old. Rent a house, have a car, no state help what so ever. Not even entitled to a medical card. Can safely say if I am lucky I don't drink because I couldn't afford to if I wanted to but my son is happy and healthy and will have everything he ever needs.

over a year ago

Who did you get pregnant,lol.

It really depends on if she had work previous and how much she has on her stamps.

But as all are saying.Google Citizen info they will give you all the information that you require.

But not every single parent is entitled to benefits. But maybe entitled to emergency welfare. But that is only literally as it states

over a year ago

"It's €198 a week with €31 for one child.

So let's see take cost of rent, heating, electric, food, clothing, nappies, baby food, a phone, travel just in case who want to get out of house.

Rent allowance isn't always

accepted by landlords.

I definitely didn't become a single parent to live a life of luxury.

But sure why not go off and get some young one pregnant and ask her in 18yrs how she got on. All the sun holidays she had, the big car she drives, the best of clothes she wears.

I tell you one thing op when you are sitting with a screeching baby at 4am because they are in pain that 220 odd quid from the government is a great comfort.

"

It's far from luxury been a Single mum. And it's annoying that Some tar us all with the same brush that we are benefits leeches.over a few that are and give the impressionthat it's a wonderful life.

Post new Message to Thread