Jump to newest

By *hostheman1972 OP   Man
over a year ago

tipperary

So where do u stand,right/wrong

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always have and always will believe that a strike is a workers right when management refuse to arbitrate or negotiate.

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

?? perecent right I have family that are nurses hope they get what they deserve

over a year ago

tipperary

The health service ie seriously understaffed at the coal face, layers and layers of mgt impossible to get anything done,serious money been spent on overtime and on recruitment from abroad for no resaon when you dont look after the excellent workers that have been here for years now leaving the HSE in droves, anyway Rant over

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

Many moons ago i worked within the health service. The problem then is the problem now.... far too many bigwigs getting paid far too much money to screw things up. The front line takes the shite, abuse, heartache, staff shortages and yes the pay cuts.

We're once again looking at another generation of highly educated and highly skilled workers graduating and leaving the country.

The government has been taking the piss out of public sector workers for along time. It needs to stop.

over a year ago

"Many moons ago i worked within the health service. The problem then is the problem now.... far too many bigwigs getting paid far too much money to screw things up. The front line takes the shite, abuse, heartache, staff shortages and yes the pay cuts.

We're once again looking at another generation of highly educated and highly skilled workers graduating and leaving the country.

The government has been taking the piss out of public sector workers for along time. It needs to stop. "

Im not Irish, lived in the UK for a while.

I think money spent for management instead of the nurses and midwives. This must change. Otherwise the situation in the public health will be drastically worse within just few years. Its very bad at the moment but will be real hell on the earth... Politicians dont care. Strike -yes. But the government will increase the taxes again and will cut in other public sectors. Maybe they should cut their salary first?

Make sure next time to vote for the right people. Nothing is for free. Somebody has to pay it and it will be we-taxpayers.

over a year ago

xxx

"Many moons ago i worked within the health service. The problem then is the problem now.... far too many bigwigs getting paid far too much money to screw things up. The front line takes the shite, abuse, heartache, staff shortages and yes the pay cuts.

The government has been taking the piss out of public sector workers for along time. It needs to stop.

I think money spent for management instead of the nurses and midwives. This must change. Otherwise the situation in the public health will be drastically worse within just few years. Its very bad at the moment but will be real hell on the earth... Politicians dont care. Strike -yes. But the government will increase the taxes again and will cut in other public sectors. Maybe they should cut their salary first?

Make sure next time to vote for the right people. Nothing is for free. Somebody has to pay it and it will be we-taxpayers. "

Couldn't agree with you more ... we need the right people leading this country now. Not yes boys and fat salary chasers but people who aren't afraid to make the hard desions.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Make sure next time to vote for the right people. Nothing is for free. Somebody has to pay it and it will be we-taxpayers.

Couldn't agree with you more ... we need the right people leading this country now. Not yes boys and fat salary chasers but people who aren't afraid to make the hard desions. "

For decades minister after minister for health have being afraid to take on the headache that is the health service, sack em all and then hire back from the front the trauma nurse that assess cases as they present then the ED attending doc to see the patient then and so on and so forth i bet we end up with a service fit for purpouse. The money will follow the patient and all those layers that are not needed will be left out in the cold instead of our nurses doctors nurses aids labs x ray staff looking for a decent wage

over a year ago

tipperary

Well said all

over a year ago

I still don't see to many quitting

over a year ago

tipperary

"I still don't see to many quitting "

You dont see them quiting at the pen pushing top end of the HSE, but there is a mass exodous at the front line, constantly trying to recruit abroad which is costing extra millions

over a year ago

xxx

Couldn't agree with you more ... we need the right people leading this country now. Not yes boys and fat salary chasers but people who aren't afraid to make the hard desions.

For decades minister after minister for health have being afraid to take on the headache that is the health service, sack em all and then hire back from the front the trauma nurse that assess cases as they present then the ED attending doc to see the patient then and so on and so forth i bet we end up with a service fit for purpouse. The money will follow the patient and all those layers that are not needed will be left out in the cold instead of our nurses doctors nurses aids labs x ray staff looking for a decent wage "

Well said CJ that is exactly wgat needs to happen in my humble opinion

over a year ago

xxx

"I still don't see to many quitting "

Speak to any graduating class of nurses .. our young nurses with all that drive and knowledge are leaving us. Dubi, Australia, canada, new zealand, England are all more attractive then the irish health care system.

over a year ago

"I still don't see to many quitting

Speak to any graduating class of nurses .. our young nurses with all that drive and knowledge are leaving us. Dubi, Australia, canada, new zealand, England are all more attractive then the irish health care system. "

they are leaving ireland and that goes for any qualified person I'd jumy at the chance to work in healthcare here definitely not gonna starve

Post new Message to Thread