Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

School Teachers

Jump to newest

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

Don’t they have such a handy time great hours great holidays, and yet all they do is complain about their working conditions. You’d wonder how long they’d last in the real world working

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

From football to teachers ....

Your so consistent....I think your on the wrong site

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Give it five mins and someone will complain they have to correct kids homework.

It sickens me that they can go be a politician and their job is secure for them if they ever want it back, just sickens me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Crappy pay and unpaid holidays too or just let go for the summer . Not that up there for secure really .

By *gentleman44Man
over a year ago

dublin

"Don’t they have such a handy time great hours great holidays, and yet all they do is complain about their working conditions. You’d wonder how long they’d last in the real world working "
now now where would you be today without them,learning to read and write and give your opinion on here,someone has to do it.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Crappy pay and unpaid holidays too or just let go for the summer . Not that up there for secure really ."

Thats only for newly qualified teachers..if theyve been at it for years the money is good and they get paid for the summer holidays ..imagine getting paid to not do your job for 3 months of the year..sounds mad doesnt it

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Don’t they have such a handy time great hours great holidays, and yet all they do is complain about their working conditions. You’d wonder how long they’d last in the real world working now now where would you be today without them,learning to read and write and give your opinion on here,someone has to do it."

Well the same could be said about the catholic church, without them none of us would read and write, and if all the teachers were gone tomorrow they would step in and try help us again.

Also less sexual abuse happens in the church these days than the universities so it would be better on that front too.

But look listen, I know that cant happen, cause the fashionable people want to vape on tv and tell us all about what gender they will decide to be this week.

We should be living in mad max, in the thunderdome, sports so violent people die, robot police because the streets are so dangerous, virtue signalling snowflakes really fucked us over.

over a year ago

All I know is you couldn't pay me enough to work with other people's kids.

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

"Crappy pay and unpaid holidays too or just let go for the summer . Not that up there for secure really ."

Where did you hear that ???

By *K430Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

"All I know is you couldn't pay me enough to work with other people's kids. "

Have to agree ,don't think I'd react well to some little person , getting cheeky , wouldn't last a day , the 3 months are a bit mental alright

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

Teaching is a vocation - respect to those who teach. I know I wouldn't have the patience for it but think that we have some wonderful teachers in this country ( apart from those who teach Irish badly as if it wasn't a foreign language for most of us !)

over a year ago

"From football to teachers ....

Your so consistent....I think your on the wrong site "

Why didn't you qualify to be a teacher Alan. Who will teach our children

By *gentleman44Man
over a year ago

dublin

"Teaching is a vocation - respect to those who teach. I know I wouldn't have the patience for it but think that we have some wonderful teachers in this country ( apart from those who teach Irish badly as if it wasn't a foreign language for most of us !)"
well said

over a year ago

It depends on their contracts whether they are paid during the summer, most are paid for the 9months that they work.

You obviously don't work with other people's kids op... It's not an easy job

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

"From football to teachers ....

Your so consistent....I think your on the wrong site

Why didn't you qualify to be a teacher Alan. Who will teach our children "

Someone who wants a cushy number and no stress in their lives

By *gentleman44Man
over a year ago

dublin

HEY TEACHER LEAVE THEM KID'S ALONE

over a year ago

"Crappy pay and unpaid holidays too or just let go for the summer . Not that up there for secure really .

Where did you hear that ???"

Hadington road agreement it's only older teacher have perks now

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Teaching isnt a vocation, I know loads, and they all did it because their parents are teachers, and they were all put on the path to be teachers at a young age, and they all ended up in permenant positions within 3-4 years, and then started to have babies during the school year, and taking maternity leave then, and getting paid for it, and then having the summer off.

It's basically a huge scam, and if anyone got into teaching because they felt inside them they need to teach people. Then I guarantee they got given nothing but temp positions and eventually went to look for another job after becoming disheartened.

By *uliacWoman
over a year ago

dublin

I think it's a bit nuts to have three months summer holidays. And as attractive as it sounds, I would never become a teacher. There's nothing to stop you becoming a teacher though, if you want that cushy number with all the holidays, I think you should go for it.

over a year ago

"Don’t they have such a handy time great hours great holidays, and yet all they do is complain about their working conditions. You’d wonder how long they’d last in the real world working "

Spoken like someone who clearly hasn't a clue what there talking about, come do the job for afew months see how easy it is....

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"Teaching isnt a vocation, I know loads, and they all did it because their parents are teachers, and they were all put on the path to be teachers at a young age, and they all ended up in permenant positions within 3-4 years, and then started to have babies during the school year, and taking maternity leave then, and getting paid for it, and then having the summer off.

It's basically a huge scam, and if anyone got into teaching because they felt inside them they need to teach people. Then I guarantee they got given nothing but temp positions and eventually went to look for another job after becoming disheartened."

This ^^. Lots of teachers are lazy gits. That's why my son needs grinds

over a year ago

You couldn't pay me enough money to teach somebody elses kids,especially not now no matter what they do they can get away with it and they know it

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

"Don’t they have such a handy time great hours great holidays, and yet all they do is complain about their working conditions. You’d wonder how long they’d last in the real world working

Spoken like someone who clearly hasn't a clue what there talking about, come do the job for afew months see how easy it is...."

Spot the teacher

over a year ago

Lots of people in every profession are lazy gits. It’s hardly just teachers! A good teacher can be the making of a child. As to the holidays, that’s more for the benefit of the children who actually really do need the breaks. I never realised this until mine started into the system.

I’m not a teacher btw!

over a year ago

"Don’t they have such a handy time great hours great holidays, and yet all they do is complain about their working conditions. You’d wonder how long they’d last in the real world working

Spoken like someone who clearly hasn't a clue what there talking about, come do the job for afew months see how easy it is....

Spot the teacher "

Im not a teacher i work in 2nd chance education teens/young adults who never finished main stream education

By *uliacWoman
over a year ago

dublin

There is nothing to stop parents helping their children with school work, reading, maths etc Of course there are going to be lazy people in every profession.

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

Spot the teacher

Im not a teacher i work in 2nd chance education teens/young adults who never finished main stream education"

Well I have the upmost respect for you then sir. That’s a tough job

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

"Lots of people in every profession are lazy gits. It’s hardly just teachers! A good teacher can be the making of a child. As to the holidays, that’s more for the benefit of the children who actually really do need the breaks. I never realised this until mine started into the system.

I’m not a teacher btw!"

Yea but lazy people and or incompetent people get sacked in other jobs. When have you ever heard of a teacher getting the sacked ???

over a year ago

Spot the teacher

Im not a teacher i work in 2nd chance education teens/young adults who never finished main stream education

Well I have the upmost respect for you then sir. That’s a tough job"

Thank you, teaching is a tough job on all levels i think its unfair to pick on a certain profession because of holidays or hours everyone complains about there job

over a year ago

"Lots of people in every profession are lazy gits. It’s hardly just teachers! A good teacher can be the making of a child. As to the holidays, that’s more for the benefit of the children who actually really do need the breaks. I never realised this until mine started into the system.

I’m not a teacher btw!

Yea but lazy people and or incompetent people get sacked in other jobs. When have you ever heard of a teacher getting the sacked ???"

Public sector workers don't get sacked.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I’m not a teacher btw!

Yea but lazy people and or incompetent people get sacked in other jobs. When have you ever heard of a teacher getting the sacked ???"

It's almost impossible to sack a teacher. But I know if I didn't do my job I'd sack myself lol. But all joking a aside there should be a system where teachers are tested. Some teachers are great but From experience Some are AWFUL.

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

[Removed by poster at 06/01/19 21:33:29]

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

I’m not a teacher btw!

Yea but lazy people and or incompetent people get sacked in other jobs. When have you ever heard of a teacher getting the sacked ???

It's almost impossible to sack a teacher. But I know if I didn't do my job I'd sack myself lol. But all joking a aside there should be a system where teachers are tested. Some teachers are great but From experience Some are AWFUL."

I know when I think back at some of the teachers I had in school some young energetic willing to teach, then the older ones who weren’t with it at all they hadn’t a clue

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

I’m not a teacher btw!

Public sector workers don't get sacked. "

Don’t get me started

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I’m not a teacher btw!

It's almost impossible to sack a teacher. But I know if I didn't do my job I'd sack myself lol. But all joking a aside there should be a system where teachers are tested. Some teachers are great but From experience Some are AWFUL.

I know when I think back at some of the teachers I had in school some young energetic willing to teach, then the older ones who weren’t with it at all they hadn’t a clue "

I don't think it's an age thing.

By *lan5200 OP   Man
over a year ago

cavan

I’m not a teacher btw!

I know when I think back at some of the teachers I had in school some young energetic willing to teach, then the older ones who weren’t with it at all they hadn’t a clue

I don't think it's an age thing. "

Very true teachers live in a bubble

over a year ago

I’m not a teacher btw!

Public sector workers don't get sacked. "

Us public sector workers with our cushy jobs ... Oh right wait it's 10pm on Sunday night and I have an he commute for an 8 hr shift (won't pay the normal 10hrs on a Sunday) public sector ain't what's it's cracked up to be.

Love how this country just encourages people to pick at each other's careers. Every job has it's pluses and every job has it's negatives. I have worked in the private sector since I was 16 and been self employed for 5 yrs. I made the conscious decision to take a public sector job cause I was fed up of scraping a living been self employed and yes there are people in it a lifetime who should never have got the job, but I have also been in private sector where employers treat staff like crap but people are so afraid to say anything because they can't afford to lose their job.

And good luck to anyone teaching now with the way some kid behave, I know i wouldn't do it. As a mum my son had a few dreadful teachers but thankfully the good ones outweigh the bad ones.

over a year ago

This is rubbish. Teachers are set an annual salary, same like anyone one else in any job. However the contract is set out that they work nine months and are paid £x amount per year. That per year is then divided by 12 months to create a monthly salary. Yes they get good holidays but also take work home with them too.

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

Possibly one of the most needlessly negitive posts ive read in a long time. Vote with feet instead of your mouth ( or keyboard) homeschool. I for one am very glad of the really good education provided to all my offspring.

Why build up when its so much easier to knock down. Character flaw maybe OP

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 06/01/19 23:19:13]

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

In all my years on Fab this thread topic has to be the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen on these forums.

Never have I seen someone spout such totally surmised nonsense.

For the record, my mother was a primary school teacher for over 30 years and was even my own teacher in primary 6.

And I can tell you..... that trying to keep an entire room of 30 kids or more under control whilst trying to teach or educate them is no easy feat. There were actually a number of occasions over the years when she had to take some days of work due to high blood pressure.

On top of that, try doing it year in year out when constant cuts are being made and there isn't enough equipment and books and the like to go around.

On top of that, many teachers take their work home, sometimes sitting late into the evenings marking projects or courseworks etc or planning the next parts of the syllabus they are teaching.

During the three months they have off in summers a large chunk of that is actually spent planning out the next school year and syllabus, etc.

over a year ago

"Teaching isnt a vocation, I know loads, and they all did it because their parents are teachers, and they were all put on the path to be teachers at a young age, and they all ended up in permenant positions within 3-4 years, and then started to have babies during the school year, and taking maternity leave then, and getting paid for it, and then having the summer off.

It's basically a huge scam, and if anyone got into teaching because they felt inside them they need to teach people. Then I guarantee they got given nothing but temp positions and eventually went to look for another job after becoming disheartened."

Now who's the snowflake?!

There are better things to worry about

over a year ago

xxx

"In all my years on Fab this thread topic has to be the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen on these forums.

For the record, my mother was a primary school teacher for over 30 years and was even my own teacher in primary 6.

And I can tell you..... that trying to keep an entire room of 30 kids or more under control whilst trying to teach or educate them is no easy feat. There were actually a number of occasions over the years when she had to take some days of work due to high blood pressure.

On top of that, try doing it year in year out when constant cuts are being made and there isn't enough equipment and books and the like to go around.

On top of that, many teachers take their work home, sometimes sitting late into the evenings marking projects or courseworks etc or planning the next parts of the syllabus they are teaching.

During the three months they have off in summers a large chunk of that is actually spent planning out the next school year and syllabus, etc."

... bita sense been spoken. Bet you never got away with no homework been done

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"In all my years on Fab this thread topic has to be the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen on these forums.

During the three months they have off in summers a large chunk of that is actually spent planning out the next school year and syllabus, etc.

... bita sense been spoken. Bet you never got away with no homework been done "

I got away with absolutely nothing. If anything, she always made an example out of me. Lol

over a year ago

xxx

I got away with absolutely nothing. If anything, she always made an example out of me. Lol"

Ouch ..lol

We hand our children over every day to a teacher. They teach but also play a major role in our children lives.

I know I'd not so goid teachers but i also had amaxing teachers that left their mark in such a positive way.

It is a vocation... to deal with others kids is tough but to manage families is a talent.

over a year ago

xxx

I got away with absolutely nothing. If anything, she always made an example out of me. Lol"

Ouch ..lol

We hand our children over every day to a teacher. They teach but also play a major role in our children lives.

I know I'd not so goid teachers but i also had amaxing teachers that left their mark in such a positive way.

It is a vocation... to deal with others kids is tough but to manage families is a talent.

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

"There is nothing to stop parents helping their children with school work, reading, maths etc Of course there are going to be lazy people in every profession."
who do I give the apple to miss brody

over a year ago

Few facts.

No teacher ever wants to discuss their pension which is so gold plated it will sink the country.

Teaching is not a"profession". It's a job that takes a year post grad to"qualify" for.

Teaching is not a profession. The most appalling manifestation of this is hearing teachers openly discuss their students in public. No doctor no lawyer ever did that. It's just appalling that they aren't bound by confidentially.

You cannot fire a teacher. The new teaching council dosent name teachers to"protect students" . Total bull shit.

And the funniest one. After 3 months paid holidays they take training days to learn new stuff. Seriously are you taking the piss.

As for no money would pay me to handle 30 kids. Course it wouldn't. It's only the handful of decent hard working teachers that can control a class without stress. Why? Because they are capable.

I was taught by about 50 teachers in my time in school. About 5 were gifted. The rest were shite.

I bet it's the same percentages now.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's excellent personel and sheit personnel in every profession/business. And almost every job comes with responsibilities, harder tasks and easier ones, sometimes more and sometimes less stress.

Unfortunately when it comes down to education it's the children, the future of the country, who pay the price if they get a bad quality service. I'm not impressed with the Irish education system, however that's not down to teachers only. I came across outstanding teachers but unfortunately there's a substantial amount of terrible teachers too. The fact that teachers cannot be fired, isn't helping at all. Some teachers should be sacked immediately just alone for their behaviour and attitude milking the system and giving a flying pancake about the kids and their future.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/01/19 09:59:14]

over a year ago

"Crappy pay and unpaid holidays too or just let go for the summer . Not that up there for secure really .

Thats only for newly qualified teachers..if theyve been at it for years the money is good and they get paid for the summer holidays ..imagine getting paid to not do your job for 3 months of the year..sounds mad doesnt it "

Don't forget all the Xmas,Easter,midterm and training days they have off.The spend more time on holidays than at work.Feck it I would love to be a teacher.

over a year ago

Thats only for newly qualified teachers..if theyve been at it for years the money is good and they get paid for the summer holidays ..imagine getting paid to not do your job for 3 months of the year..sounds mad doesnt it Don't forget all the Xmas,Easter,midterm and training days they have off.They spend more time on holidays than at work.Feck it I would love to be a teacher."

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Now who's the snowflake?!"

You?

over a year ago

"Now who's the snowflake?!

You?"

That's original

By *eymoreButtsMan
over a year ago

City

[Removed by poster at 07/01/19 13:36:23]

By *yintotryCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Thats only for newly qualified teachers..if theyve been at it for years the money is good and they get paid for the summer holidays ..imagine getting paid to not do your job for 3 months of the year..sounds mad doesnt it "

Imagine getting paid to not do your job for TWO YEARS!! Hello Stormont, that means you, ya wasters.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"There is nothing to stop parents helping their children with school work, reading, maths etc"

Parents work to pay taxes so that teachers can be paid to do it. You wouldnt ask someone to drive their own rubbish to the dump after paying for bin men to do it?

BUT

To be honest, schools are getting so bad that you have to change how you think of them. They are as you suggest not a place to go to learn, but a place to go and revise and ask a teacher questions. Sadly the learning now has to be done during grinds, or parents have to teach the stuff to their children.

These days small numbers of students are consuming 90% of teachers times, as they arrive into the class far behind what they should know.

over a year ago

"There is nothing to stop parents helping their children with school work, reading, maths etc

Parents work to pay taxes so that teachers can be paid to do it. You wouldnt ask someone to drive their own rubbish to the dump after paying for bin men to do it?

BUT

To be honest, schools are getting so bad that you have to change how you think of them. They are as you suggest not a place to go to learn, but a place to go and revise and ask a teacher questions. Sadly the learning now has to be done during grinds, or parents have to teach the stuff to their children.

These days small numbers of students are consuming 90% of teachers times, as they arrive into the class far behind what they should know."

Why do you care?

All our institutions are shite in some way. Build a bridge.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

You?

That's original "

Well tell me these bigger issues you are worried about buddy, sit down and tell me all about them.

over a year ago

I never let my schooling interfere with my education.

It's frankly retarded if you are lamenting learning stuff outside of school hours.

By *eymoreButtsMan
over a year ago

City

Loving all the hate on here.

get a grip people, if you think it’s so easy go and get qualified and live the cushy life!

Anyone can complain about their jobs, if you don’t like it change it, a bit of positivity can go along way.

Everyone deserves recognition for the job they do if they do it with some passion

over a year ago

You?

That's original

Well tell me these bigger issues you are worried about buddy, sit down and tell me all about them."

Is the Irish educational system the biggest issue of our time?

over a year ago

"Loving all the hate on here.

get a grip people, if you think it’s so easy go and get qualified and live the cushy life!

Anyone can complain about their jobs, if you don’t like it change it, a bit of positivity can go along way.

Everyone deserves recognition for the job they do if they do it with some passion "

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Why do you care?

All our institutions are shite in some way. Build a bridge. "

That's the spirit, everything is shit so lets wallow in it.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

You?

That's original

Well tell me these bigger issues you are worried about buddy, sit down and tell me all about them.

Is the Irish educational system the biggest issue of our time? "

Tell me what the biggest issue is, dont be shy.

over a year ago

"Why do you care?

That's the spirit, everything is shit so lets wallow in it."

I see the issue with teachers now. You never really got to a good level of reading comprehension.

over a year ago

You?

That's original

Tell me what the biggest issue is, dont be shy."

Post offices obviously. A serious racket taking all our hard spent taxes

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Why do you care?

I see the issue with teachers now. You never really got to a good level of reading comprehension. "

Although learning disabilities were handled very bad when I was younger, I think they did the best they could given their understanding at the time.

Although I ended up going on to achieve the highest possible academic results in my field, my comprehension of your point may indeed be flawed.

You asked me why care, lots of institutions are shite, I replied that complaining and trying to change would be better than just putting up with shite. Can you please explain how my comprehension was flawed as due to my disability I will be unable to see it for myself.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

You?

That's original

Post offices obviously. A serious racket taking all our hard spent taxes "

I personally believe there is room for improvement in the post, and that ultimately the lack of this improvement is the governments fault, and they should be held to account.

However I do not believe it to be more important than childrens future.

However no party will tackle the health, education, or post service because as you say yourself, they are all shite so build a bridge. You might make a good politician yourself.

I'd probably make a bad one, shit things annoy me.

over a year ago

In fairness yes good teachers deserve reward and recognition.

It must drive them nuts to see their useless colleagues collecting pay and pension year after year without ever been challenged.

The other problem is 3 months during the summer, three weeks at Easter and Christmas, and all those in service days, bank holidays, church holidays and election day's gives them lots and lots of spare time to give out about their lot.

The rest of us are too busy working to whine as much..

My own favourite was them getting extra pay to have parent teacher meeting outside school hours. So they start at 3.40 pm now. Very convenient for workers!

over a year ago

"Why do you care?

I see the issue with teachers now. You never really got to a good level of reading comprehension.

Although learning disabilities were handled very bad when I was younger, I think they did the best they could given their understanding at the time.

Although I ended up going on to achieve the highest possible academic results in my field, my comprehension of your point may indeed be flawed.

You asked me why care, lots of institutions are shite, I replied that complaining and trying to change would be better than just putting up with shite. Can you please explain how my comprehension was flawed as due to my disability I will be unable to see it for myself."

I added "in a way" after the word shite.

Is this both a brag and a plea for sympathy in one go?

"I'm really really smart but I can't understand stuff"

over a year ago

All this stinks of jealousy.

If you begrudge the holidays, go become a teacher.

Simple!

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Thats only for newly qualified teachers..if theyve been at it for years the money is good and they get paid for the summer holidays ..imagine getting paid to not do your job for 3 months of the year..sounds mad doesnt it

Imagine getting paid to not do your job for TWO YEARS!! Hello Stormont, that means you, ya wasters."

If a teacher worked for 40 years and had 3 months paid holidays each year..thats 10 years yes 10 YEARS pay for being on holidays not to mention mid term breaks..teaching is a scam..the unions have them pampered..snowflakes is right

over a year ago

Imagine getting paid to not do your job for TWO YEARS!! Hello Stormont, that means you, ya wasters.

If a teacher worked for 40 years and had 3 months paid holidays each year..thats 10 years yes 10 YEARS pay for being on holidays not to mention mid term breaks..teaching is a scam..the unions have them pampered..snowflakes is right "

They have a lower salary than many private workers which accounts for working less.

Build a bridge....all situations need to be judged on their merits.

I would like the holidays but I'd hate to work with spoilt kids so on balance I can say nice work if you can get it but it's not for me.

There's no need to be so bitter.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

If a teacher worked for 40 years and had 3 months paid holidays each year..thats 10 years yes 10 YEARS pay for being on holidays not to mention mid term breaks..teaching is a scam..the unions have them pampered..snowflakes is right

They have a lower salary than many private workers which accounts for working less.

I would like the holidays but I'd hate to work with spoilt kids so on balance I can say nice work if you can get it but it's not for me.

"

Not at all bitter just stating facts..

over a year ago

Not at all bitter just stating facts.."

"Scam", "pampered", "snowflakes"

Very objective of you

over a year ago

Everyone must suffer equally for a living

over a year ago

The fact here is that for the most part and with a particular focus on women teachers. They have it soft.

Teachers get in my opinion get fair pay for what they do.

What really gets my goat about them, is the moaning about their conditions of work. When infact they are prity good!

When last did you hear of a teacher having a baby that did not mercilessly line up with their summer holidays?

over a year ago

Can't imagine spending my days around kids. Would need a year off after a week or so :/

over a year ago

"The fact here is that for the most part and with a particular focus on women teachers. They have it soft.

Teachers get in my opinion get fair pay for what they do.

What really gets my goat about them, is the moaning about their conditions of work. When infact they are prity good!

When last did you hear of a teacher having a baby that did not mercilessly line up with their summer holidays? "

Wow take care would a woman have a baby

over a year ago

You?

That's original

Post offices obviously. A serious racket taking all our hard spent taxes

I personally believe there is room for improvement in the post, and that ultimately the lack of this improvement is the governments fault, and they should be held to account.

However I do not believe it to be more important than childrens future.

However no party will tackle the health, education, or post service because as you say yourself, they are all shite so build a bridge. You might make a good politician yourself.

I'd probably make a bad one, shit things annoy me."

Ha ha ha ha I was being deliberately facetious with the post office example

You'd make a great "local" politician.

By *addy36Man
over a year ago

Mayo

If this teaching craic is so good why are there over 1000 teaching positions available in this country that can't be filled !!

over a year ago

Reading this post has been quite interesting we really are a nation of begruders

Grass always looks greener and it's so easy yo stand at the fence and bitch and give out about what other people do, what they earn and how they spend their money and God help us if they take a holiday.

at least they out working and doing something with their lives

over a year ago

"Reading this post has been quite interesting we really are a nation of begruders

Grass always looks greener and it's so easy yo stand at the fence and bitch and give out about what other people do, what they earn and how they spend their money and God help us if they take a holiday.

at least they out working and doing something with their lives"

I agree Steph. It's really pathetic.

Why can't people just worry about their own lives?

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"

what kind of money is the average teacher on? I'd guess 35k a year..thats not a low salary..thats decent money..there are people living on minimum wage 18k a year and yes they work all year around and dont get paid for 4 months holidays a year..now thats a hard life..yet teachers whinge and give out every few years about poor working conditions..not living in the real world obviously

over a year ago

what kind of money is the average teacher on? I'd guess 35k a year..thats not a low salary..thats decent money..there are people living on minimum wage 18k a year and yes they work all year around and dont get paid for 4 months holidays a year..now thats a hard life..yet teachers whinge and give out every few years about poor working conditions..not living in the real world obviously "

My heart bleeds

over a year ago

what kind of money is the average teacher on? I'd guess 35k a year..thats not a low salary..thats decent money..there are people living on minimum wage 18k a year and yes they work all year around and dont get paid for 4 months holidays a year..now thats a hard life..yet teachers whinge and give out every few years about poor working conditions..not living in the real world obviously "

You really have a bug bear about them teachers. I think most of the Irish population are well aware of how real their world is.when tax man gets most of the wages and we are been taxed left right and centre

By *addy36Man
over a year ago

Mayo

And I suppose the ones on 18k a year don't whinge !!

Some people on here talk a lot of shite about stuff they know very little about.

I say fair play to the ones that complain about poor working conditions because they are fighting for better conditions for our kids. They are trying to prepare our kids for life and if they got a bit of help from parents instead of whinging from assholes that that are too busy working to keep up with the Jones and looking flash. Teachers are teachers and can't be expected to do mammy and daddy's job too.

By *atts n titsCouple
over a year ago

everywhere

Wouldn't do there job for diamonds teaching rotten little obnoxious bstards that won't take no for an answer

over a year ago

Pretty sure this thread was about the fact that teachers give out most about their job whilehaving the best conditions in the public service.

Rather than why people won't teach...

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

what kind of money is the average teacher on? I'd guess 35k a year..thats not a low salary..thats decent money..there are people living on minimum wage 18k a year and yes they work all year around and dont get paid for 4 months holidays a year..now thats a hard life..yet teachers whinge and give out every few years about poor working conditions..not living in the real world obviously

My heart bleeds "

Id say its constantly bleeding if youre a teacher soft boy

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Some people on here talk a lot of shite about stuff they know very little about.

I say fair play to the ones that complain about poor working conditions because they are fighting for better conditions for our kids. They are trying to prepare our kids for life and if they got a bit of help from parents instead of whinging from assholes that that are too busy working to keep up with the Jones and looking flash. Teachers are teachers and can't be expected to do mammy and daddy's job too."

Oh they whinge alright but most people on 18k a year dont have a union to run to and cry about things..they grin and bear it and move on ..im not anti union but i think they have this country destroyed holding the government to ransom every few years just to see what extra they can squeeze out of it..I dont know how a teacher could complain about his/her conditions..id like to see them use a shovel all day or lug blocks around a building site..they would probably kill themselves..soft lazy people

By *eymoreButtsMan
over a year ago

City

[Removed by poster at 08/01/19 13:12:40]

over a year ago

I say fair play to the ones that complain about poor working conditions because they are fighting for better conditions for our kids. They are trying to prepare our kids for life and if they got a bit of help from parents instead of whinging from assholes that that are too busy working to keep up with the Jones and looking flash. Teachers are teachers and can't be expected to do mammy and daddy's job too.

Oh they whinge alright but most people on 18k a year dont have a union to run to and cry about things..they grin and bear it and move on ..im not anti union but i think they have this country destroyed holding the government to ransom every few years just to see what extra they can squeeze out of it..I dont know how a teacher could complain about his/her conditions..id like to see them use a shovel all day or lug blocks around a building site..they would probably kill themselves..soft lazy people "

they are not soft lazy people..they stayed in college and had more sence than to get work on bulding sites..the worse game you could get into..

over a year ago

I wonder how long you woukd last in a classroom

By *al4838Man
over a year ago

Telford

I'm a primary teacher and I wish my job was just a 9-3.30 job with 3 months off. I arrive at school every day at 7.30 to prepare for 5 lessons each day making and printing resources for a class of 31 children. I then have on average 90 books a day to mark and comment in and it isn't just a tick any more children need to respond to your marking through extension and addressing misconceptions tasks so that involves making that piece of work twice. I rarely leave school before 6pm every night usually taking books home to mark that I haven't got round to doing in the day. I spend each half term planning foundation subjects like geography history DT ART PSHE PE science to name a few for the next 6 or 6 weeks. I spend my weekend planning daily English and maths phonics lessons plus interventions for my teaching assistant to do with small groups. I give up every evening for 2-3 weeks of the year for report writing, attend numerous meetings after school hours and school events, run after school clubs voluntarily. oh and I work at a school who moves their staff around each year so I spend 4 weeks on the 6 weeks in the summer preparing for a new year group moving classrooms and making and putting up endless wall displays. On top of this you have to justify to management the performance of every child in your class and why some might not be making progress and write detailed plans of how your will support these children. I parents evenings 6 nights a year and I am constantly judged observed by management the authority and Ofsted. Pay is total performance based normally on the lines of a ridiculous percentage of a class achieving nation average or above in maths and English. Believe me its not the job people think it is!!! I wish it was lol

By *al4838Man
over a year ago

Telford

and before people start saying yes there are mistakes in my message but I'm trying to type it on the worlds most pathetic phone.

By *inn2000Woman
over a year ago

belfast

"I'm a primary teacher and I wish my job was just a 9-3.30 job with 3 months off. I arrive at school every day at 7.30 to prepare for 5 lessons each day making and printing resources for a class of 31 children. I then have on average 90 books a day to mark and comment in and it isn't just a tick any more children need to respond to your marking through extension and addressing misconceptions tasks so that involves making that piece of work twice. I rarely leave school before 6pm every night usually taking books home to mark that I haven't got round to doing in the day. I spend each half term planning foundation subjects like geography history DT ART PSHE PE science to name a few for the next 6 or 6 weeks. I spend my weekend planning daily English and maths phonics lessons plus interventions for my teaching assistant to do with small groups. I give up every evening for 2-3 weeks of the year for report writing, attend numerous meetings after school hours and school events, run after school clubs voluntarily. oh and I work at a school who moves their staff around each year so I spend 4 weeks on the 6 weeks in the summer preparing for a new year group moving classrooms and making and putting up endless wall displays. On top of this you have to justify to management the performance of every child in your class and why some might not be making progress and write detailed plans of how your will support these children. I parents evenings 6 nights a year and I am constantly judged observed by management the authority and Ofsted. Pay is total performance based normally on the lines of a ridiculous percentage of a class achieving nation average or above in maths and English. Believe me its not the job people think it is!!! I wish it was lol "

I was a teacher. While I know the system is different in the south of Ireland, I am also pretty sure many of the issues are the same.

But really OP, do you seriously, honestly believe that bitter vitriol you are spouting is true? I am genuinely interested.

over a year ago

Bring back the old style teacher,they didn't teach u much but were masters of inflicting pain

over a year ago

Some of the idiots on this thread need to use the journal app instead of Fab by the looks of it. Handy few added to the block list though. Empty vessels etc....

Post new Message to Thread