on the hill NordWest of

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why restrict yourself?

over a year ago

Just ask.... if you like the look of them, what happend to a bit of conversation and finding out about each other through interaction.

Its why I hate essay profiles, its nice to organically exploring someones personality

By *oghunter33 OP   Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Why restrict yourself? "

Restrict? Sure nothing on fab is absolute.

over a year ago

"Just ask.... if you like the look of them, what happend to a bit of conversation and finding out about each other through interaction.

Its why I hate essay profiles, its nice to organically exploring someones personality"

My profile is like reading "War and Peace" it's long but at least it's all based on fact unlike some of the fiction I read on profiles!

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Just ask.... if you like the look of them, what happend to a bit of conversation and finding out about each other through interaction.

Its why I hate essay profiles, its nice to organically exploring someones personality"

Sure you can do a quiz thing, I just find it handy when I get a rough idea which kinda kink someone's into rather than a complete blank

over a year ago

Its why I hate essay profiles, its nice to organically exploring someones personality

My profile is like reading "War and Peace" it's long but at least it's all based on fact unlike some of the fiction I read on profiles! "

I'm waiting for the film!!!!

over a year ago

Sure you can do a quiz thing, I just find it handy when I get a rough idea which kinda kink someone's into rather than a complete blank"

Or maybe some categories aren't listed?

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

My profile is like reading "War and Peace" it's long but at least it's all based on fact unlike some of the fiction I read on profiles! "

Not talking about the blurb/bio just the interests.

over a year ago

Like War and Peace I have started, and will one day finish it

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Sure you can do a quiz thing, I just find it handy when I get a rough idea which kinda kink someone's into rather than a complete blank

Or maybe some categories aren't listed?"

Yeah I thought about that too but concluded that those would be kinks I don't like to get into

over a year ago

Sure you can do a quiz thing, I just find it handy when I get a rough idea which kinda kink someone's into rather than a complete blank"

Fair enough, as I said I'd prefer to just chat to the person and find out their interests as we go.

I dont have interests tock because my interests can vary wildy depending on the person I am chatting to

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Fair enough, as I said I'd prefer to just chat to the person and find out their interests as we go.

I dont have interests tock because my interests can vary wildy depending on the person I am chatting to"

The multifaceted mistery man

over a year ago

Or maybe some categories aren't listed?

Yeah I thought about that too but concluded that those would be kinks I don't like to get into"

Probably better getting into it when your actually chatting to them!! You don't want to scare them off too early!!!

over a year ago

I dont have interests tock because my interests can vary wildy depending on the person I am chatting to

The multifaceted mistery man "

Thats the nicest way I have ever heard "crap profile" described

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The multifaceted mistery man

Thats the nicest way I have ever heard "crap profile" described "

Now you made me read your profile. It's actually quite funny and I admire your honesty you finish it up with

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"I want to ride". That's all any profile needs.

over a year ago

It doesn't matter what you put on your profile since 90% of mails say "wat u in2"

By *ooking for you2018Man
over a year ago

Galway

"It doesn't matter what you put on your profile since 90% of mails say "wat u in2" "

Haha.. True words indeed! Oh text speak.. Drives me insane.

over a year ago

A lot of people are just not that interesting

over a year ago

"A lot of people are just not that interesting "

Couldn't agree more I was called vain snobby and stuck up last night as I wasn't answering this guys random one line boring messages. I told him to try being interesting! I save my time to speak to the interesting characters here which there are many

over a year ago

Tipperary

An opening mail is the very same as chatting to somebody in a bar. There is no rocket science or special treatment to it.

over a year ago

"A lot of people are just not that interesting "

Everyone is interesting to someone....

Its just about finding the few that peak your interest

over a year ago

"An opening mail is the very same as chatting to somebody in a bar. There is no rocket science or special treatment to it. "

Its more like making initial eye contact across the room to be fair

over a year ago

"A lot of people are just not that interesting

Its just about finding the few that peak your interest"

over a year ago

"A lot of people are just not that interesting

Its just about finding the few that peak your interest"

Everyone is interesting - from a poking a stick through the bars perspective

over a year ago

Tongue firmly in cheek with that comment

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Find more and more of them. Seriously why should I have an interest in people with no interests?

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

This blank interest on profiles is becoming more and more fashionable. Just can't get my head around it.

So to those who have no interests what do you think when you come across a profile with no interests? And do you get annoyed when asked what you're into?

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

I cant be doing with that ...uf they cant be arsed to fill in their profile properly what else cant they be arsed to do

over a year ago

"I cant be doing with that ...uf they cant be arsed to fill in their profile properly what else cant they be arsed to do "

The females do it too....then the guy asks what are you into and gets blocked LMAO

over a year ago

xxx

"I cant be doing with that ...uf they cant be arsed to fill in their profile properly what else cant they be arsed to do

The females do it too....then the guy asks what are you into and gets blocked LMAO "

Ok

over a year ago

"I cant be doing with that ...uf they cant be arsed to fill in their profile properly what else cant they be arsed to do

The females do it too....then the guy asks what are you into and gets blocked LMAO

Ok "

Confusing us simple creatures

over a year ago

xxx

Ok

Confusing us simple creatures"

Easily done

over a year ago

We ourselves didn’t put it in as it can be a tick list on a meet without even being discussed - we do our rules bit, but everything else is fair game when it comes to it.

If it works fantastic and if it doesn’t then try one more time just to make sure.

over a year ago

"Easily done "

Go easy lol

over a year ago

Just because someone has a list of interests doesn’t necessarily mean they want to share those interesting moments with everyone. Prefer to talk to someone if interested in them and find out that way.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It's doing my head in.

By *edro50Man
over a year ago

enniskillen

Have to agree it is so much better if you know if you share the same sort of things before you message!

over a year ago

I don’t which I find more annoying - no interests and no text about themselves or when I send them a nice opening message, a little about me , nice n polite to get the reply; “Face ?”

Not even a hello or hi or nice day just an abrupt ; FACE?.

Instant block either way. Can’t abide laziness , rudeness or up themselvesness. If you can’t be bothered with a sentence then feck away offski

over a year ago

Some ladies leave it blank due to fellas reading it like a menu list in a whorehouse and expecting to try out everything ticked on it on a one off n s a meet . I had an unfortunate incident where a fella rammed his cock up my ass no warning at all all because I had ticked anal as an interest on my profile . When he finally got out of the hospital he was under no illusion that I like to give ...rather than receive .

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

"Some ladies leave it blank due to fellas reading it like a menu list in a whorehouse and expecting to try out everything ticked on it on a one off n s a meet . I had an unfortunate incident where a fella rammed his cock up my ass no warning at all all because I had ticked anal as an interest on my profile . When he finally got out of the hospital he was under no illusion that I like to give ...rather than receive . "
that’s brilliant best 1 of heard in a while I’m sure he knows now

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Even when I was actively meeting, I deleted all my interests. As someone else mentioned above, men treated it like a menu, and the fact that you were 'advertising' that you were into a particular thing obviously meant that you would happily do it with anyone else who shared that interest regardless of who they were or what your other preferences were.

Sure MegaWillyBackdoorSmasher.... I'd love to have anal with you tonight without having exchanged more than 4 messages....

over a year ago

"Even when I was actively meeting, I deleted all my interests. As someone else mentioned above, men treated it like a menu, and the fact that you were 'advertising' that you were into a particular thing obviously meant that you would happily do it with anyone else who shared that interest regardless of who they were or what your other preferences were.

Sure MegaWillyBackdoorSmasher.... I'd love to have anal with you tonight without having exchanged more than 4 messages....

"

I removed all mine too. If I want someone to know what I like we can chat about it.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Even when I was actively meeting, I deleted all my interests. As someone else mentioned above, men treated it like a menu, and the fact that you were 'advertising' that you were into a particular thing obviously meant that you would happily do it with anyone else who shared that interest regardless of who they were or what your other preferences were.

"

Deal

But I don't use that name anymore

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

So by what I'm reading above leave the profile blank,then someone is more likely to ask about you

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

I never had an issue with having them on display. It's obvious that you cannot eat through the whole menu on the first meet respectively it depends on the chef's involved. Anyhow I understand what you're saying but if I come across a man's profile with no interests my interest evaporates immediately. I'm not going to dig to find out a single man's interests.

So I'm just curious those with no interests on their profile would you contact another with no interests or how do you react to an approach from a profile with no interest?

I ask this question already further up but got no answer.

over a year ago

I never had an issue with having them on display. It's obvious that you cannot eat through the whole menu on the first meet respectively it depends on the chef's involved. Anyhow I understand what you're saying but if I come across a man's profile with no interests my interest evaporates immediately. I'm not going to dig to find out a single man's interests.

So I'm just curious those with no interests on their profile would you contact another with no interests or how do you react to an approach from a profile with no interest?

"

We expect their profile to give some detail of what they are looking for, details are always sorted when a meet is contemplated

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

We expect their profile to give some detail of what they are looking for, details are always sorted when a meet is contemplated"

Well it's double standards imo but I guess with the fab oversupply of single men you get away with it.

over a year ago

We expect their profile to give some detail of what they are looking for, details are always sorted when a meet is contemplated

Well it's double standards imo but I guess with the fab oversupply of single men you get away with it. "

Yep

over a year ago

Let's be realistic, DH, it doesn't matter what women and couples put on the profile, most men won't even look at the details before messaging.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Let's be realistic, DH, it doesn't matter what women and couples put on the profile, most men won't even look at the details before messaging."

But for those of us that do its nice to have something to structure a first mail from

Nothing worse than looking at a profile theres no interests listed and only bio is a list of rules not nessiarly preferences and then the complain that guys sent generic mails

over a year ago

"Let's be realistic, DH, it doesn't matter what women and couples put on the profile, most men won't even look at the details before messaging.

But for those of us that do its nice to have something to structure a first mail from

Nothing worse than looking at a profile theres no interests listed and only bio is a list of rules not nessiarly preferences and then the complain that guys sent generic mails "

I never look at the interests tbh, more interested in the person behind the profile.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Let's be realistic, DH, it doesn't matter what women and couples put on the profile, most men won't even look at the details before messaging.

Nothing worse than looking at a profile theres no interests listed and only bio is a list of rules not nessiarly preferences and then the complain that guys sent generic mails

I never look at the interests tbh, more interested in the person behind the profile."

I agree but to get that far u have get well from a male point of view a conversation going

over a year ago

I never look at the interests tbh, more interested in the person behind the profile."

I'm the same never look at the interests

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Always look......you need something to go on

over a year ago

Tipperary

People's interests as in anal oral etc? I never ever look. I glance over a long written profile and look at the pics. No need to look at it as if you're trying to break a mighty code.

over a year ago

I rarely if ever look at interests. Most tick box interests are so generic you have to ask about them anyway. I'd say most who tick them do so with little thought behind them and just omitting those clearly not into. The others they may be interested in at some point with someone, which may be you or may not be.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Let's be realistic, DH, it doesn't matter what women and couples put on the profile, most men won't even look at the details before messaging."

In principle I agree with you, but I go with the principle that I treat others the way I want to be treated. Therefore my profile refects what I want to see on a profile and don't play on the advantage of being a single female on here, kinda fab equal opportunity. If someone chooses not to read my profile, so be it, it cuts the race short and game over.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I rarely if ever look at interests. Most tick box interests are so generic you have to ask about them anyway. I'd say most who tick them do so with little thought behind them and just omitting those clearly not into. The others they may be interested in at some point with someone, which may be you or may not be."

Yes there are generic but they often give you little hints that can be useful.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"

I would. Specific interests to me are things to be explored over time, and it's unlikely more than 1 or 2 people are going to share all your interests anyway.

I'm actually more put off when I look at a man's profile and he's ticked absolutely everything. To me, that's not interest, that's sticking anything on there and hoping for the best. A profile with less than ten interests ticked at least looks like they've put some thought into what they're looking for or want to share.

over a year ago

In principle I agree with you, but I go with the principle that I treat others the way I want to be treated. Therefore my profile refects what I want to see on a profile and don't play on the advantage of being a single female on here, kinda fab equal opportunity. If someone chooses not to read my profile, so be it, it cuts the race short and game over. "

We don't believe in taking advantage either, we never look at interests, they are something we discuss with anyone we are interested in meeting, therefore we see little point in including ours either, not least for the reason mentioned above by others that some people seem to think it's an automatic pass for that activity.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I would. Specific interests to me are things to be explored over time, and it's unlikely more than 1 or 2 people are going to share all your interests anyway.

I'm actually more put off when I look at a man's profile and he's ticked absolutely everything. To me, that's not interest, that's sticking anything on there and hoping for the best. A profile with less than ten interests ticked at least looks like they've put some thought into what they're looking for or want to share. "

I never look to match all my interests with someone elses.

Well there you go, you interpret the interests ticked or the amount and you retrieve some information from it. I had a nice good looking man messaging me today. I looked at his profile and interests and it was an instant no go based on interests ticked or not ticked. I turned him gently down without giving reason.

By *ung4Fun9999Man
over a year ago

Galway

I'm actually more put off when I look at a man's profile and he's ticked absolutely everything. To me, that's not interest, that's sticking anything on there and hoping for the best. A profile with less than ten interests ticked at least looks like they've put some thought into what they're looking for or want to share.

I never look to match all my interests with someone elses.

Well there you go, you interpret the interests ticked or the amount and you retrieve some information from it. I had a nice good looking man messaging me today. I looked at his profile and interests and it was an instant no go based on interests ticked or not ticked. I turned him gently down without giving reason. "

WOW U R Stunning Ms. DOGHUNTER

over a year ago

One can change the interests depending upon seasons. To me they're not anything put in stone. They can change like most 'interests' and this can depend upon whom you meet, they may apart new interests or may close a door on something one was possibly interested in.

I think too much is placed upon interests. As has been reflected in many responses, they don't reflect more than what they are, simply an interest.

over a year ago

"I don’t which I find more annoying - no interests and no text about themselves or when I send them a nice opening message, a little about me , nice n polite to get the reply; “Face ?”

Not even a hello or hi or nice day just an abrupt ; FACE?.

Instant block either way. Can’t abide laziness , rudeness or up themselvesness. If you can’t be bothered with a sentence then feck away offski"

Ya..The profiles that make me smile the most are the ones with the " face pic with 1st Message or no reply "...and they have a pure blank profile with no picture at all of any sort on their profile..or the ones that ask for a pic when chatting on agreeing to send one in return... You send yours but no picture is returned..how classy is that from a lady ..

over a year ago

Most don’t read anyway ffs

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"Most don’t read anyway ffs"
is that Paul or Dee posting ????

over a year ago

Putting up your BDSM test results on profile would be a far better indication of interests and comparability IMO.

Post new Message to Thread