Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fab attitude Vs POF attitude

Jump to newest

By *winger212 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Live in spain

Hi, so I've been actively looking to date/ have a relationship the past few years but since being introduced to fab a few months ago in confused.

On POF if someone mentions "hey sexy" or my tits (which are not on show) I automatically delete the message as I feel that they have no respect and only out for the shag, however if on here I smile and say thanks.

I know I accept it off here as I know they are not looking to date me so why can't I accept it there???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hey sexy

over a year ago

you are being too defensive remember internet =pinch of salt! Keep a open mind you never know when Romeo is the one that find it hard to write something ! Too many women here and there are quick to judge, instead of seeing if guy has something to offer! If we write an essay or 1 line it doesnt matter either! People online are judge by looks all the time ! Looks are not everything if you want a good partner or date! But if you just wanna fuck well I guess you can choose to fuck the good looking big cock zero personality kinda guy . Just saying giving people a change might pay off when looking for partner

over a year ago

Nah, I understand what you are saying completely. Fab standards are completely different to relationship standards. You do expect to be treated differently than just a shag if you are going to be in a relationship xxx

over a year ago

I've been on Fab and POF. Two different social streams. The prevailing cultures are different. We all almost automatically go with the flow. What might sound wrong on POf might sound ok here.

over a year ago

"Hi, so I've been actively looking to date/ have a relationship the past few years but since being introduced to fab a few months ago in confused.

On POF if someone mentions "hey sexy" or my tits (which are not on show) I automatically delete the message as I feel that they have no respect and only out for the shag, however if on here I smile and say thanks.

I know I accept it off here as I know they are not looking to date me so why can't I accept it there??? "

You have kind of answered it yourself really...

I assume your photos are completely different as is your profile text..

In here we display ourselfs for physical gratification and expect to be treated differently for it, yes some people want a little more intellectual connection and some less..but still its not a dating site so we act accordingly.

When you out up fulky clothed face pics and portray yourself as someone looking for a partner you expect a different approch so its natural not to accept the same approches as you would here

over a year ago

"I've been on Fab and POF. Two different social streams. The prevailing cultures are different. We all almost automatically go with the flow. What might sound wrong on POf might sound ok here."

Do married men date on a date site

over a year ago

When you step back there is a sense of hypocrisy to it.

Like, there is a certain woman on here who is very easy to spot on pof (tattoos)

now on here it's the usual dirty talk but over there its "do NOT message me talking about sex"... Well hold the phone depending on what website I log into I can say certain things or not? Get the fuck outta that.

It really is the pitfalls of dating lol. You could meet a nice lady on pof. Ask when her last date was.. I dunno 6 months ago. You are playing it smooth as you like her while it reality she got gangbanged at some social event last Friday lol.

over a year ago

"When you step back there is a sense of hypocrisy to it.

Like, there is a certain woman on here who is very easy to spot on pof (tattoos)

now on here it's the usual dirty talk but over there its "do NOT message me talking about sex"... Well hold the phone depending on what website I log into I can say certain things or not? Get the fuck outta that.

It really is the pitfalls of dating lol. You could meet a nice lady on pof. Ask when her last date was.. I dunno 6 months ago. You are playing it smooth as you like her while it reality she got gangbanged at some social event last Friday lol.

"

Surely it dosent matter what she done the previous night.if she is on a date site she on it for dating.what she does outside from the dating site isnt irrelvant?

over a year ago

Im on both too. Been.here a long time but like a lot of ladies id like to date and see how it goes. Again on pof its mostly guys looking fir sex or guys on here that say ah why here u on pof. I think these guys think we should not be looking to date which i dont get why cause were on here. For me i havent been having any fun on here for long time. But dont think i should have to explain my self but if i found the right guy course fab would be gone but as far as i can see pof worse then fab at least u know what they want off here.

over a year ago

"When you step back there is a sense of hypocrisy to it.

Surely it dosent matter what she done the previous night.if she is on a date site she on it for dating.what she does outside from the dating site isnt irrelvant?"

Let's be honest.... Let's just throw "pc nature" out the window.

If we really knew the truth behind certain people's past we'd run.

We all have a perception of people based on our interactions. But if we could magically see things it would be insane.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

From what I've read on here loads of peeps use pof as a hook up site rather than a dating one. Therefore you get the cheeky approaches on pof too. Also some same men on both sites and some might even made the connection between the teo profiles.

Anyhow yes there's a bit of double standards then again you're looking for two different things with the two web sites hence expectations and attitude are different.

I'd question if is pof the right place to find a partner. Is online dating the only way nowadays to find the one?

By *otstuff42Man
over a year ago

country

i dont think anyone has found a hubby or wife by meeting in this site , its for quick pleasure, wham bam thank u mam kind of site

over a year ago

"i dont think anyone has found a hubby or wife by meeting in this site , its for quick pleasure, wham bam thank u mam kind of site"
I know a few who have

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"Hi, so I've been actively looking to date/ have a relationship the past few years but since being introduced to fab a few months ago in confused.

I know I accept it off here as I know they are not looking to date me so why can't I accept it there??? "

On both....some horror storys from pof....but online dating seems to be the way to go

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
over a year ago

in the waves

I actually think pof is worse than here. At least on this you know where everyone stands and What the end goal is. It's full of fabbers anyways and attached men posing as singles.

Same shit different app really!

over a year ago

"I actually think pof is worse than here. At least on this you know where everyone stands and What the end goal is. It's full of fabbers anyways and attached men posing as singles.

Same shit different app really! "

Totally agree . Had a mail this morning on pof saying im.goin wank over ur pic . All i have are face puc up .

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"I actually think pof is worse than here. At least on this you know where everyone stands and What the end goal is. It's full of fabbers anyways and attached men posing as singles.

Same shit different app really! Totally agree . Had a mail this morning on pof saying im.goin wank over ur pic . All i have are face puc up . "

Jaysus.....

By *oxer22Man
over a year ago

limerick

Its a funny oul world though,I recognise some of the ladies from pof on here,if I mail them on here I get no response,but if I mail them on POF we are the best of buddies. HA go figure

By *uliebulie14Woman
over a year ago

mallow

Most of the guys on fab or on pof to its easy to get the ride on pof than fab . I'm on both and i start chatting to a guy and next they said i texted ya on fab to u might add me . So it's hard think the sites u pay for are the better ones

over a year ago

Same shit different app really! Totally agree . Had a mail this morning on pof saying im.goin wank over ur pic . All i have are face puc up . "

You must have a gorgeous face

over a year ago

Married women date on date sites thats for sure

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I have heard of a few weddings on fab . Site are what you make of them . You could easily meet the partner of your dreams on fab .

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Well busty babe you are a very hot looking lady and I would have thought you would have a que of guys looking for you .

over a year ago

Theres a lady who is on here and pof.Was chatting for a week on pof and seemed to be getting on grand.Then when I alluded to het being on another site, she took the hint and promptly blocked me on both

By *winger212 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Live in spain

I think in general online has ruined dating and as I'm only reasonably new to fab I really find it hard to seperate myself when I meet someone off here that I have fun with and know they are single and on POF/tinder and I fancy them and felt a sexual connection. I think feck I'm ok for you here but not ok to date. And I know I shouldn't but would take that personal.

I know it will get easier

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Tbh very little difference between pof and fab..the end result is the same..well in my experience anyway

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I use pof for dating and fab for anything else, although I'm just here for chat and forums at the minute. Has one guy on pf who recognised me from here and expected an instant hook up at mine. So, it would seem that if they recognise you from here they assume that you are looking for the same on pof, wrongly in my case. Clearly some men are unable to differentiate between the two.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Theres a lady who is on here and pof.Was chatting for a week on pof and seemed to be getting on grand.Then when I alluded to het being on another site, she took the hint and promptly blocked me on both "

Possibly because less scrupulous guys would threaten to out her from here if she says no to meeting them on pof.

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

Most people use Pof as a hook up site...its really not a dating site and most on Pof are actually on here as well

By *lashamMan
over a year ago

kildare

I'm on pof . but have not loved on for a very long lime . if u want only freinfship or love that might leed to great sex pof great. If u want great sex , 4play that could leed to friendship or even love then fab .

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Most people use Pof as a hook up site...its really not a dating site and most on Pof are actually on here as well "

I know, this is exactly what I'm finding. I've encountered lots looking for relationships and dating, only to find that all they actually want is a quick hookup. And then there are the ones that assume you want the same on both sites and think by mentioning fab you are worried about being outed lol.

over a year ago

I stopped pof for that bring one of the exact reasons, guys regonising you from here. Looking for only sex, but also another main reason was no one actually meets on the pof really. In my experience anyway on there was a waste of my time. Also I totally agree with you OP about the online dating has ruined the dating world. No one seems genuine anymoreor has the confidence to ask a woman on a proper date.

By *lashamMan
over a year ago

kildare

If ur on fab . then its expected that u enjoy sex and u play with more than one . if ur on pof u really should be wanting just the one . but there is a gray area :

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"If ur on fab . then its expected that u enjoy sex and u play with more than one . if ur on pof u really should be wanting just the one . but there is a gray area : "

Some of us are just using fab for chat and forums as we have found a nice regular group of people to meet up with. I'm on of because ultimately I am looking for a relationship. It would be even better if I could find so eone from here though. I live in hope lol.

By *oseredWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"If ur on fab . then its expected that u enjoy sex and u play with more than one . if ur on pof u really should be wanting just the one . but there is a gray area :

Some of us are just using fab for chat and forums as we have found a nice regular group of people to meet up with. I'm on of because ultimately I am looking for a relationship. It would be even better if I could find so eone from here though. I live in hope lol. "

This

By *allying555Man
over a year ago

Galway .Limerick

Well. Pof should be for dating. So no harm taking offence there. As U say this for the Naughty stuff

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

You're right to be offended I think.

Although Ive never said anything like "nice tits" to someone in the first few messages, either on here or any other site.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"I stopped pof for that bring one of the exact reasons, guys regonising you from here. Looking for only sex, but also another main reason was no one actually meets on the pof really. In my experience anyway on there was a waste of my time. Also I totally agree with you OP about the online dating has ruined the dating world. No one seems genuine anymoreor has the confidence to ask a woman on a proper date. "

I was only saying to a friend on here lately that it's a shame really that dating sites like PoF have turned into hook up sites, as it must make it really disheartening for those genuinely looking for a relationship. I attended 2 PoF weddings last year, but remember well how much both girls got messed about by guys on it for years before eventually meeting their mister right, and have even stumbled across some of those same guys on here. I understand that some swingers are actually looking for relationships and prefer to use the likes of PoF to do so, but for those who aren't, why not leave the dating sites to those who want to date and stick to swinging/sex sites for fun? It's often the same folk who run threads and have status messages complaining about men, women or couples on here being timewasters who are wasting someone else's time on dating sites.

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

POF is excellent for sex. It’s just a posh version of here! Trust me I no. Had loads and loads more nsa sex off POF than here.

By *lashamMan
over a year ago

kildare

When on fab and enjoying the sexy chat . having the 4play loving the sex . noting wrong with geting attached to one or 2 . once its a 2way street

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

i have heard of people getting married off here. So whats the big deal if you meet a partner on here .

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"i have heard of people getting married off here."

Lots of people have

Post new Message to Thread