Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Twilights Club

Jump to newest

By *ougarbelfast OP   Woman
over a year ago

belfast

I see that FAB is no longer showing the twilights club link in their clubs for Ireland page. I find that strange why they have done that now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

prob because the site has been closed till the club is up and running, well if it opens

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Does that mean the club not opening at all

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

it could be removed for a number of reasons, post a message to adnin and ask

over a year ago

***Update: 09-11-11*** Unfortunately we won’t be opening Twilights Club until further notice! Thanks Twilights Club

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

was that from the website i take it

over a year ago

yeah

over a year ago

Typicial thats all i have to say about it.and it could have done well if it went ahead.

over a year ago

belfast

So they get your hopes all up, you all send in your email address's so what have they now got a nice big swingers email list. I know there are certain people on here who are going to jump to defend them as they "know them personally" but it seems so far you have been hood winked into giving your email address, ok it's only an email address, but if I was into marketing that would be very handy don't you think, hope you get what I am trying to say here in a round about way.

So lets see how long it takes for this club to actually open (if ever)but the owners have done themselves no favours

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"So they get your hopes all up, you all send in your email address's so what have they now got a nice big swingers email list. I know there are certain people on here who are going to jump to defend them as they "know them personally" but it seems so far you have been hood winked into giving your email address, ok it's only an email address, but if I was into marketing that would be very handy don't you think, hope you get what I am trying to say here in a round about way.

So lets see how long it takes for this club to actually open (if ever)but the owners have done themselves no favours"

I said something like this before and near got my head bite off lol

over a year ago

belfast

"I said something like this before and near got my head bite off lol "

I know you did but the fact this site has now taken the link off may be significant. You can only string people along for so long and if you don't deliver the goods then you have alienated your potential customers, don't you think?

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

oh i agree, shame that so many peopel where hoping this was going to open, but im glad i dont get my hope's up over things like this untill i see it for myself

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

quick point here,we have 3 emails,one personal,and one for here and one for another site,id suggest others do the same and scan any email before opening just incase

over a year ago

glad we didn't bother applying now, the setup on the website originally sounded too good to be true.

over a year ago

Surprise, Surprise !

As members of both Chamelions & Infusions, we had been following the threads on here since this supposed club opening was first announced June / July ish as its a lot less costly to go to Dublin than Blackpool or Darlaston !

What we couldn't understand is that some members on FAB were reviewing Twilight in the Clubs section and it hadn't even been OPENED and when some members questioned its legitamacy etc, they were given abuse by friends of the promoters / owners of the club....

Wish we had have said "Told U So"

Sadly Ireland is too small a community to open a swingers club or the Church [joke] and press is on it like a bad RASH, look at Pandoras Box in Armagh.... We were due to go on the weekend that the Sunday World exposed it and said paper were allegedly tipped of by members of FAB who had a grievence with the owners of club, so why bother opening one ??

I just hope no-one paid any membership fees in advance of this club opening !

As Fabio had posted / said....

What if you had arranged childcare and booked a hotel only to be let down time and time again and possibly lost deposits or costs on travel or hotels !

Rant Over

Any Parties in North this weekend ?

Dirk xx

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

"Surprise, Surprise !

As members of both Chamelions & Infusions, we had been following the threads on here since this supposed club opening was first announced June / July ish as its a lot less costly to go to Dublin than Blackpool or Darlaston !

What we couldn't understand is that some members on FAB were reviewing Twilight in the Clubs section and it hadn't even been OPENED and when some members questioned its legitamacy etc, they were given abuse by friends of the promoters / owners of the club....

Wish we had have said "Told U So"

Sadly Ireland is too small a community to open a swingers club or the Church [joke] and press is on it like a bad RASH, look at Pandoras Box in Armagh.... We were due to go on the weekend that the Sunday World exposed it and said paper were allegedly tipped of by members of FAB who had a grievence with the owners of club, so why bother opening one ??

I just hope no-one paid any membership fees in advance of this club opening !

As Fabio had posted / said....

What if you had arranged childcare and booked a hotel only to be let down time and time again and possibly lost deposits or costs on travel or hotels !

Rant Over

Any Parties in North this weekend ?

Dirk xx "

lol,you couldve warned us,lol,,

but i agree with you on the club thing in ireland,if a club did need to be opened itd need to be a small club,with no hype to start till it got well established, and set up,

over a year ago

hope u deleted all them e-mails

we and others sent u in good fate!!

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

yeah hope so

over a year ago

I would think the fact there has been no comment by the club owners or any of the other posters claiming to be in the know speaks volumes lol

over a year ago

belfast

Just seen this posted on the twilights club website

"***Update: 09-11-11*** Unfortunately we won’t be opening Twilights Club until further notice! Thanks Twilights Club" need I say anymore?

over a year ago

"Just seen this posted on the twilights club website

"***Update: 09-11-11*** Unfortunately we won’t be opening Twilights Club until further notice! Thanks Twilights Club" need I say anymore?"

I posted this a week ago, it's not telling us any more than what we know.

over a year ago

belfast

"Just seen this posted on the twilights club website

"***Update: 09-11-11*** Unfortunately we won’t be opening Twilights Club until further notice! Thanks Twilights Club" need I say anymore?

I posted this a week ago, it's not telling us any more than what we know."

Sorry I never seen that post

over a year ago

bull shit lol

over a year ago

a scam from the start

over a year ago

i dont know why you say its a scam,as to our knowledge no money has been taken from any prospective punters,however it is bad business and very poor public relation,to build up the hopes of people then keep them in the dark before letting everyone down

perhaps any other business people hoping to open such an establishment can learn from this,dont make promises or talk of opening dates etc untill every last detail has been finalised.

if you build it,they will come

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

there is many problems with opening a club in ireland,the decor being one,should it be plain and simple,if it is will the people think its seedy,

should it be painted light or dark,

should we have massive beds along the sides or have many diff rooms for people to play,then when you make all those decisions and have started all the work,you get cold feet,back out and hide from the emails,,,,

hmmmm,is it just me that sees a similarity there,lol

over a year ago

belfast

I never applied to be a member so I don't know what kind of information was gathered in the membership process. But if you start to get emails telling of you a new great swingers site then I would be very wary.

Ireland be it North or South does need a club and I believe the swingers of this site were very willing to support such a club. But if I was going to open up a club I would go to one of the big clubs in the mainland and see how they do it and then replicate it. The problem is we all think different what is seedy to one person may be fine to another.

The hardest thing you can do in this world and the thing that will always cause you more pain is trying to please everybody as that is one sure fire way to lose you a lot of money and time in life. Mind you this club did sound good but you know what they say "if it sounds too good to be true then....."

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

"I never applied to be a member so I don't know what kind of information was gathered in the membership process. But if you start to get emails telling of you a new great swingers site then I would be very wary.

Ireland be it North or South does need a club and I believe the swingers of this site were very willing to support such a club. But if I was going to open up a club I would go to one of the big clubs in the mainland and see how they do it and then replicate it. The problem is we all think different what is seedy to one person may be fine to another.

The hardest thing you can do in this world and the thing that will always cause you more pain is trying to please everybody as that is one sure fire way to lose you a lot of money and time in life. Mind you this club did sound good but you know what they say "if it sounds too good to be true then.....""

it is too good to be true,,

more fool us then

over a year ago

it is pretty poor to do that, i'm sure the owners tried to start something, realised they didn't have the time/energy/know how to get it going, based on their poor marketing of it.

what i get from this thread is that a lot of people are demanding it, so why shouldn't it work?

surely where there's a will there's a way??

i went to one in leeds before. it was ok, interior was cheap enough, it was all bring your own beer. soft drinks were available, a small smoking area.

there should be scope for opening one. it would take maybe two enterprising couples, model it on swinger clubs in the uk or NI that seem to work on a small scale.

obviously whoever was trying to open twilights hit a roadblock they couldn't get around. maybe something outside town, discreet business park areas? surely there are plenty of disused properties available at a steal that could flourish as a club. if the right owner was found it could work??

over a year ago

I was very doubtful of this one from the vague way it was pushed . But there were quite a few genuinely looking forward to it . I agree Ireland is a bit small. Imagine family funerals after bumping into your second cousin in one lol.

On the other hand not so long ago sex shops were unopenable and pretty much tolerated .

Basically some one needs to get lucky with the timing. And if as I suspect these twilight ppl were genuinely having a go then fair dues to them for trying

By *ownhousecouple1Couple
over a year ago

Derry L/Derry

We had a chat with the manager of a club in England and he said that he would love to open a club in Belfast. Although there is the market for clubs in Ireland he was aware of the puritans and the press and this put him off the idea. It will probably need an outsider to break the mould as they would be able to just walk away and disappear if it went belly up.

over a year ago

How many people sent them there profile name then used the same password with them . Now they have your profile name and password and can open up as U. Just a taught

over a year ago

Oh give the fuck over about it.. its not opening.. get over it ffs !!!

over a year ago

"How many people sent them there profile name then used the same password with them . Now they have your profile name and password and can open up as U. Just a taught "

password??? what password?

There was no sign up to their site therefore they don't have any of our passwords.

Anyone else think that this should be closed already - We (and I'm sure quite a few others) do not believe that this was a scam. Simply a failed attempt to start something, this kind of negativity will only result in the next legitimate attempt failing too.

From now on if you did not apply, and get accepted and therefore know what information was asked for then don't speculate.

over a year ago

"Oh give the fuck over about it.. its not opening.. get over it ffs !!!"

somebody sounds sleepy

By *ubcplmgMan
over a year ago

dublin

there was a good reason why it did not open. i know they are genuine it was taken out of their hands by someone who was narrow minded. who managed to get the club shut before it had time to get started. like most things in ireland when u try something different people hope u will fail.

It will be like a pheonix and arise from the ashes watch this space it was not a scam and it will open once new venus aquired

over a year ago

belfast

Sorry have I missed something here why would you try to set up such a club with somebody who is not on the same hymn sheet (figure of speech) as you. That just does not make sense and the worse thing is the people behind it seem to be known by this that and the other person (yet nobody seems to really know who they are) perhaps if they revealed themselves they may have a chance of redeeming themselves, instead of every now and then somebody pops into the forum to say "I know them personally" and they are genuine. Obviously not that genuine that they have not got the balls to reveal themselves seems everybody knows somebody connected to this club.

And before you ask why would they reveal themselves it's obvious they would be doing this as a business and not a hobby and no matter what kind of business you are in it's always good business sense to make yourself known to your clients. Most people know who is running the clubs in GB

It's not like they have scammed anybody more annoyed them than anything, and yes swingers are a little bit paranoid more so in Ireland and that's just the way the press want us to be.

Lets hope that if a new venue is acquired and Ireland is screaming out for one, then the next time the person who seems known to "everybody but nobody" (another figure of speech)will hook up with less narrow minded people.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/11/11 13:58:25]

over a year ago

its me ffs lol

if i build it will you cum lol?

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

ok just got in and julie tells me there was something on the radio,radio 1 today she thinks about someone setting up a swingers club in dublin and CHARGING for membership on a yearly basis,dont know if its ywilights or not,but if someone with a faster net could search the radio channels that would be good,lol

over a year ago

Its all a loada bollox lol

over a year ago

this email was sent to me on nov 12th from the person who was suppose to open twightlight.

Hi There

The Club was ready to open tonight, however some vindictive person managed to find out the who letting agency was and made a phone.

This has caused us no end of issues with the landlord which we have had to move out of the property.

This person has not put a stop to the club opening as we are currently on the hunt for a new venue and once we have this we will confirm a new date to open.

We apologise to everyone but this was something out of our control and has so far cost us very dearly.

Once we have a date we will let everyone know.

and i believe him we can see from first hand what happens when narror minded people try to get involved.

over a year ago

belfast

"this email was sent to me on nov 12th from the person who was suppose to open twightlight.

Hi There

The Club was ready to open tonight, however some vindictive person managed to find out the who letting agency was and made a phone.

This has caused us no end of issues with the landlord which we have had to move out of the property.

This person has not put a stop to the club opening as we are currently on the hunt for a new venue and once we have this we will confirm a new date to open.

We apologise to everyone but this was something out of our control and has so far cost us very dearly.

Once we have a date we will let everyone know.

and i believe him we can see from first hand what happens when narror minded people try to get involved."

I will say this once again "Am I missing something here" according to you they rented a building from a letting agent thinking they (the letting agent or the owner of the building) will never want to inspect the building at some stage are they/you seriously taking the piss here?

I am sure they would of had to fill in a form which may of had a question like "purpose for which you would like to rent this building" then once the letting agent/owner found out by whatever means then it would of been shut down eventually and the proof is in the pudding from what you have just said because as soon as the letting agent found out they shut it down.

It's seems very obvious to me whoever this is behind Twilights really needs to go back to the school of business.

over a year ago

I hear something about it being on Radio 1 as well. I dont think this was bullshit about the club but we are simply too narrow minded and judgemental as a country that this was bound to happen.

Only way for a club to work in Ireland is if its off the beaten track and not in a populated area or place with a lot of pedestrians.

It is a real shame because Ireland is in serious need of a club. But in my opinion it will not happen for a good while.

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

yeah as i said earlier in the thread,it would need to be well looked into,not a hit and hope,research the area,dublin is not the place to do it,years ago there was a place outside of kinnegad called the headerville,it wouldve been perfect,not near the town,very few houses near bye,and that was the reason it was packed thurs-sun night,lol,but it was just a nightclub then

over a year ago

I looked into this with a prospective investor about 3yrs ago. Legally it's a minefield, you would require an Entertainments Licence and appropriate safety cerfificates etc.

The main problem though, as already mentioned, would be the attention from religious extremists(yes extremists) and the press. Sex sells Newspapers. Do most people want their pictures or personal details published...No. In fact, most people only sya that for the sake of kids, wider family and Employers sake and NOT through a sense of personal shame or embarrassment. What's to be ashamed or embarrassed about? but I think as members of Fab we already know that.

What really annoys me is the double standards set by Councils and the Press.

In both North and South, Gay sauna's operate openly. Totally legitimately, licenced, insured etc supported by the Police North and South. YET these are establishments set up solely for men to have Sex. They charge an admission fee. They have cubicles with beds, condoms / lube and paper towels. XXX porn showing throughout. Slings with latex gloves provided for anal fisting. Gloryholes. Party rooms with St Andrews Crosses.

Do the Churches protest NO! Do the press sneek in with hidden camera's or watch the entrance with zoom lenses focussed NO!

Why are Swingers in Ireland hounded so much? Maybe all the press and clergy are Gay!!!

Post new Message to Thread