Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Waxing tips.

Jump to newest

By *eracity OP   Man
over a year ago

the big smoke

So you’ve spent the day scrubbing every corner. Cleansing every bit. Towel drying to within an inch of your life but you still find water marks, pitting if you will. You know all to well waxing is the only man for the job but do you go for a quick fix like turtle wax or auto glym or the time option that is original paste based wax like simonize? Opinions please. My car is waiting.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

DON'T DO IT....

By *appyPandaMan
over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

"So you’ve spent the day scrubbing every corner. Cleansing every bit. Towel drying to within an inch of your life but you still find water marks, pitting if you will. You know all to well waxing is the only man for the job but do you go for a quick fix like turtle wax or auto glym or the time option that is original paste based wax like simonize? Opinions please. My car is waiting....."

Feck it, thought this was going to be fair different.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always drop the car down to these lads back home to get it waxed if I decide to do it, always have a fear I'll wreck the car

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"So you’ve spent the day scrubbing every corner. Cleansing every bit. Towel drying to within an inch of your life but you still find water marks, pitting if you will. You know all to well waxing is the only man for the job but do you go for a quick fix like turtle wax or auto glym or the time option that is original paste based wax like simonize? Opinions please. My car is waiting....."

Autoglym unless u want a wrestlers arm from Simonize

By *eracity OP   Man
over a year ago

the big smoke

"So you’ve spent the day scrubbing every corner. Cleansing every bit. Towel drying to within an inch of your life but you still find water marks, pitting if you will. You know all to well waxing is the only man for the job but do you go for a quick fix like turtle wax or auto glym or the time option that is original paste based wax like simonize? Opinions please. My car is waiting.....

Autoglym unless u want a wrestlers arm from Simonize"

Agreed. Better finish though. Five hours hard Labour.

By *eracity OP   Man
over a year ago

the big smoke

"I always drop the car down to these lads back home to get it waxed if I decide to do it, always have a fear I'll wreck the car "

There’s a place near me but sometimes the solo effort is a reward.

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man
over a year ago

Meath, Louth border of Airgialla & Naughty,

I'd never use a chaimos or a towel to dry off a vehicle, you'll still have water Mark's

Use a descent wash&wax and buy yourself a car blo dryer

This way you won't scratch the paint

And have a factory Finnish every time.

over a year ago

"I always drop the car down to these lads back home to get it waxed if I decide to do it, always have a fear I'll wreck the car

There’s a place near me but sometimes the solo effort is a reward. "

I may give it a go I've time off soon so be back home in Limerick so I'll have the car for the week so might do a full clean and polish

over a year ago

Mr Sheen furniture polish. I've used it on my cars and motorbikes for years.

Easy to apply and remove and leaves a streak free finish.

Can to used on paint, chromes, plastics and glass except windscreen.

By *eracity OP   Man
over a year ago

the big smoke

"I always drop the car down to these lads back home to get it waxed if I decide to do it, always have a fear I'll wreck the car

There’s a place near me but sometimes the solo effort is a reward.

I may give it a go I've time off soon so be back home in Limerick so I'll have the car for the week so might do a full clean and polish "

Do. Get the old yellow Matt tin of Simonize. Warm the tin in hot water. Get two mutton cloths. One to apply. One to remove the surplus and a microfibre cloth to buff. Don’t let the wax dry. Do a square foot at a time and overlap. It takes time but the finish is like wet paint. Well worth it.

By *eracity OP   Man
over a year ago

the big smoke

"Mr Sheen furniture polish. I've used it on my cars and motorbikes for years.

Easy to apply and remove and leaves a streak free finish.

Can to used on paint, chromes, plastics and glass except windscreen. "

Chrome maybe but I’d be nervous of a reaction on the paint with sunlight.

By *imeoutaloneMan
over a year ago

Dublin to Westmeath

FAO

Mr Miyagi

Post new Message to Thread