Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

relationship

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

in your opinion what is the maximum age difference that should be between 2 people in a relationship or is your view " age is only a number"?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dunno like I suppose if you genuinely love someone you won't care about the age gap

over a year ago

So many different factors to put a figure on it.

I do think the older the younger person the less of an issue it seems to be for people

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's no set figure. If you wanna have kids dbswyw look for one in your age group.

over a year ago

Age is only a number I think... Once they are both over 18

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

"Age is only a number I think... Once they are both over 18 "

Yes id be of the same opinion... you can have a really mature 18 yo who would be happy with an older guy or girl and vice versa

over a year ago

I don't think you can just choose an age gap. 5,10,20 years, who's to say what's right. If the two people love each other, are compatible and have fun then age is just a number

Although if the gap is 40 years I dunno

over a year ago

"Age is only a number I think... Once they are both over 18 "

I will probably get slated for this but I think a much older adult dating an 18 year old os just a bit off.

Yes I know some 18 year olds are mature, but I dont think any 18 year old is really ready for a relationship with a much older adult

over a year ago

"I don't think you can just choose an age gap. 5,10,20 years, who's to say what's right. If the two people love each other, are compatible and have fun then age is just a number

Although if the gap is 40 years I dunno "

I dunno I really liked that 89 year old millionairess

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

"Age is only a number I think... Once they are both over 18

I will probably get slated for this but I think a much older adult dating an 18 year old os just a bit off.

Yes I know some 18 year olds are mature, but I dont think any 18 year old is really ready for a relationship with a much older adult"

Some are quick learners

over a year ago

Yes I know some 18 year olds are mature, but I dont think any 18 year old is really ready for a relationship with a much older adult"

I’m with you there my friend. I’m forty five and don’t feel it but I would date an 18 year old. I’d have to draw the line somewhere around thirty if I’m honest. Same way I would date someone in their seventies.

over a year ago

"I don't think you can just choose an age gap. 5,10,20 years, who's to say what's right. If the two people love each other, are compatible and have fun then age is just a number

I dunno I really liked that 89 year old millionairess "

back off. She's mine

over a year ago

back off. She's mine "

We can share split the cash haha

over a year ago

back off. She's mine

We can share split the cash haha "

I don't share

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

I'm 32 for e.g, look younger but I don't think I'd go under 23/24. I think I'd feel odd.

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

"I'm 32 for e.g, look younger but I don't think I'd go under 23/24. I think I'd feel odd. "

You're only as old as the one you're feeling

By *iver80Man
over a year ago

south side ,

Age is only a number i look alot younger than i look and id happily go out with someone alot older

over a year ago

Apologies I didn't actually mean an 18 year old I was more referring to age of consent. I don't think an 18 year old with a 35 year old is good.

I think age seems to matter less when people are older

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Just have to add something to my post. While I don't believe there's a set age gap I also don't believe that age is just a number. That's just r***ish. ie Interests of a 20 something normally widely differ to a 40+. I'm not saying it's impossible just objecting this ever returning nonsense of 'age is just a number'.

over a year ago

I’ve reached an age now where personality trumps looks, don’t get me wrong but physical attraction is important but looks fade in time.

over a year ago

Yes I know some 18 year olds are mature, but I dont think any 18 year old is really ready for a relationship with a much older adult

Apologies I didn't actually mean an 18 year old I was more referring to age of consent. I don't think an 18 year old with a 35 year old is good.

I think age seems to matter less when people are older "

No need for apologies, and I understood why you said 18 I was just adding to the discussion

over a year ago

there is 11 years between myself and mr

over a year ago

I can't imagine having much in common with someone considerably older or younger than me.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Was it the Dubliners who first said "Maid's when you're young, never wed an auld man"?

I do think that you'd need to be conscious of a significant age difference. Obviously there's the initial thrill of Oh I can't believe I pulled someone so much younger/older than me and they seem so similar/in-tune with me.

That's fine and have a good time but, if it then starts to move towards a serious relationship stage status, that's when you need to think about where you will be and what it will be like in 20-30yrs time. Are you going to be able to provide for the other person in the ways that they are likely to want/need at that stage? That's the reality.

Personally, yes, age is but a number but, in my opinion, you aren't qualified to make that decision until you yourself are at least 30.

Yes, I know there's going to be a few exceptions to that, some on Fab, though if you're in the first 5yrs of it, no offence but it doesn't matter just yet.

By *weet threesome wifeCouple
over a year ago

Kilrea

There is 24years between us. Meet 10years ago, married 8years and a wee 3year old. Wouldn't change it for the world

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"There is 24years between us. Meet 10years ago, married 8years and a wee 3year old. Wouldn't change it for the world "

Excellent! Happy out for ye all

By *weet threesome wifeCouple
over a year ago

Kilrea

"There is 24years between us. Meet 10years ago, married 8years and a wee 3year old. Wouldn't change it for the world

Excellent! Happy out for ye all "

By *oxminxCouple
over a year ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

Don't see any age gap as a problem in a relationship provided you both have many similar intetests.

I guess if both have the same level of maturity (whatever it be) it would help also.

By *harlie141r42Man
over a year ago

galway

"in your opinion what is the maximum age difference that should be between 2 people in a relationship or is your view " age is only a number"?"

There is the old adage of half your age plus 7 years so for whoever is the oldest, say 46, that would mean the younger should not be less than 30 years old.

over a year ago

I recently went out with a woman .Im 55 and she was 32. She was happy with it as the sex was great( she reckons we blokes over 40 are much better in bed).But to be honest it wasnt right for me as I was old enough to be her dad. Just had this feeling that people were looking at me as an old pervert or her for being a gold digger.Which she wasnt as she has her own place. But for casual sex on here, I have been with ladies 30 years younger and 2 x ladies who were 60 ish.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

On a fab level I think you can be more adventurous but in a relationship you need to be comfortable with the age difference and all the areas that will seep into. A friend of mine in the UK was in a relationship with a woman over 20years his senior from the age of 20 for about 20 year's. UK seems more open to age difference.

over a year ago

My ex is 18yrs older than me, the age difference was fine at the start but became very apparent after 3yrs.

I would say +/- 5yrs now for actual relationships.

For Fab, I have a wider gap.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Age is only a number . If you luv each other fuck every one . A niece of mine is 40 and her partner is 73 . Gave her 2 kids and they are as happy as mud .

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"in your opinion what is the maximum age difference that should be between 2 people in a relationship or is your view " age is only a number"?"

like so many other thread topics you start, the answer is:

"it's different for everybody"

By *agle Eye PMan
over a year ago

Drogheda

At any given moment, you are the sum of your life experiences, and so naturally, everyone can have a very different life up to whatever age they currently are.

It's entirely possible for two people with a significant age gap to be very similar people in mindset and behaviour, subsequently getting along so well that they end up together.

Age, like time, is a bit of a construct of ours, at least in terms of its significance in relation to who or what we are.

It's not like at the stroke of midnight, every 365 days, do you suddenly change as a person.

(Yes it's something I've thought about a lot before lol. I'm a huge Alan Watts fan)

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"At any given moment, you are the sum of your life experiences, and so naturally, everyone can have a very different life up to whatever age they currently are.

It's entirely possible for two people with a significant age gap to be very similar people in mindset and behaviour, subsequently getting along so well that they end up together.

Age, like time, is a bit of a construct of ours, at least in terms of its significance in relation to who or what we are.

It's not like at the stroke of midnight, every 365 days, do you suddenly change as a person.

(Yes it's something I've thought about a lot before lol. I'm a huge Alan Watts fan)"

over a year ago

There is a simple equation for dating someone younger..

(Your age ÷ 2) + 7 = youngest you should be dating

Post new Message to Thread