Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Broken heart

Jump to newest

By *anaduABC OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Whats the best way to deal with it? Id love advice cos im fucking struggling just now -

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman
over a year ago

South Dub

Time is the only healer I’m afraid. No amount of jumping back in or getting back to normal works. Give yourself time and you will get there x

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Well, you're gonna get a lot of "Get back riding on a different mare(s)" type comments and it'll do your ego a short boost. Regardless, examine what went wrong, why it happened, be honest with yourself how much of that was your fault and own that responsibility. Be conscious of it in future and don't repeat the same mistakes.

You can try to contact the other person in a few weeks and see if there's anything that could be salvaged but only you can determine if that's a possibility or worthwhile.

Hey! Somebody took the chance and got involved in a relationship with you. That's a good indication that you are an okay person and there's a good chance that someone else will be willing to do the same. What's for you won't pass you, as they say, so get out, socialize with your friends, get busy living and it'll happen when it's meant to

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. No easy way and we all deal with it differently. Try to be strong and chat to your nearest and dearest friends.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Whats the best way to deal with it? Id love advice cos im fucking struggling just now -"

You cant !

Its a fooking pisser but you just have to fight it ... surround yourself with comforters.

Grab hold of your friends and family and draw on their warmth.. little by little it dissipates and becomes manageable

Distract yourself from it by focusing on your work, your family, your hobbies and your pals.

And cry if you want ...let that fooker out

over a year ago

Once broken it will always be cracked welcome to the real world love

over a year ago

Keep yourself busy as much as you can and go through the emotions as they come bit by bit and in time you will feel better ..best of luck to you op

over a year ago

"Whats the best way to deal with it? Id love advice cos im fucking struggling just now -

You cant !

Its a fooking pisser but you just have to fight it ... surround yourself with comforters.

Grab hold of your friends and family and draw on their warmth.. little by little it dissipates and becomes manageable

Distract yourself from it by focusing on your work, your family, your hobbies and your pals.

"

By *ickirishallsortsMan
over a year ago

Lickie Manor

"Whats the best way to deal with it? Id love advice cos im fucking struggling just now -"

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.' This is a truism.

Bare in mind, that love is not life's most elaborate method of self harm. You only truly know you really loved someone, when you can't hate them for breaking your heart...

Think about that, and take all the time you need.

Here is another top tip, don't ever let the person who didn't love you keep you from the one who will.

over a year ago

It's said "what's for you won't go by you"..

Generally them old feckers had a lot of stuff sussed out..

The way I figure it is if they don't want you ,then you can't want them ,cos then it's not gonna work ever.

Easier said than done..best of luck and keep the head up

By *eanontiWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

"Whats the best way to deal with it? Id love advice cos im fucking struggling just now -

You cant !

"

You have to morn.

But don't let yourself wallow. Say take a month. Then pick yourself up and face the world. With your friends. Mind yourself xx

over a year ago

Best way is to talk to friends and family and let time do its work. Best way i think. Coming from experience

over a year ago

life sucks make sure your friends are around but do as I do, say fuck all if there ur friends they'll no your not right

By *ub_1Man
over a year ago

Northside

Time, stay off the hooch, exercise and keep busy....

over a year ago

You cant !

"

Lol Dear Frankie would not have a look-in with you yosser.Your talents are lost in a place like this.

over a year ago

"Once broken it will always be cracked welcome to the real world love "

No truer words

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

One day you will wake up and realise that you are ok and ok is a good place to be.

You can not will that day any faster to you, you have to go through what you are going through to get there. Best of luck

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Brave post. I hope you're doing ok. .

Just know it does get easier.

over a year ago

Its a tough one buddy and there's no quick fix, just keep grinding the days away, safe in the knowledge that one day in the not too distant future it will be ok

Try mindfulness, The Power of Now is a great read and helped me through dome dark days

D

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Do not.....do not wait....waiting on or hoping that theyll have a change of heart...friends and family will always support ya....

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

live a little. don't dwell. get out and let your hair down and have fun.

over a year ago

I'm a few months out of a seven year relationship. I find time is a great healer. What ever was done is done can't change it. The future is what u look forward to. Chin up pal it's tough and shit but you will get true it.

over a year ago

You cant !

"

What he said

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

You can get very badly hurt bye people when you fall in luv . I had my heart broken bye a lady whom I thought I would live my dream out with but took her ex back and I cried my heat out over her . It took me ages to get over her . But now falling for someone else .

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Time is a great healer and it will take time to get over it . There is no magical solution to help but laughter will help a lot I think . Just get your friends to help you feel good and listening to music is a good help too. I luv listening to rock music and I joined a fan club on radio nova and it's the best craic ever .

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Please don't rush on ahead...like any loss it will take the time it takes accept that...the past is history the future fantasy so live in the now...take walks in the fresh air if nothing else they will tire you and you will sleep...it will get easier I promise.(mrs)

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Get up

Get out

Fuck all around you

over a year ago

OP look up and read it a few times.

A Beautiful Heart - Poem by Tafadzwa Mhondiwa Mugari.

Favourite poem for me. Anyone who has genuinely had their heart broken should read this. It's good for the soul and helps to plant your feet flat down again.

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

You cant !

Lol Dear Frankie would not have a look-in with you yosser.Your talents are lost in a place like this."

Still trolling I see...

over a year ago

You cant !

Well said. Good advice

"

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

It’s been said already but time and perspective. At the start nothing feels as if it hurts more and things can be a struggle but take heart as it does get better. How it happened doesn’t lessen the hurt but trust me when I say it will get better. Things do happen for a reason and eventually you will see the good and the bad and know going forward that there is something better out there. It was one of the reasons I joined here and I was so lucky to have met someone who made me realise how exciting life can be and I mean the simple things like flirting with someone and having someone flirt back. Everyone is on their own journey and you have hit a bump in the road but you will look back on this time and realise it was bad but you got through it and are better for it. Good luck and hope all the messages help

over a year ago

No one answer will really help.

Do what makes you happy in better times, it wont be as enjoyable but it beats sitting thinking about it. And in time it will get easier.

Sorry OP

over a year ago

"time heals all" - cliché advice, but there's a reason why people say it.

Thing is tho you, me or anyone else can't say how long it will take you to get over it. Could be 6 days. 6 months or even 6 years if you got hurt bad (cheated on etc)

My honest advice tho?

I got stung by a girl who was 19 when I was 22. Never rode her once as she was a Virgin as she was nervous about doing it.

Fast forward a year and she was riding two of her friends behind my back. While claiming still to be a Virgin and 'not ready' and how much she 'loved me'

So two things man lol

There's always some other ejjit worse off lol and two, you truly get over someone when you finally meet someone else.

over a year ago

You cant !

Lol Dear Frankie would not have a look-in with you yosser.Your talents are lost in a place like this.

Still trolling I see... "

Who me. I was just commenting on yosser making a excellent agony aunt or uncle.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Like everyone one said time is a great healer it's like grieving for the relationship but things improve day by day

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

Love the way everyone assumed its a relationship breakdown (it quite possibly could be) or it could be the death of a friend or relative that has him like this.

Occupy your mind in any case.

Gym, read a book but stay away from alcohol. The greatest depressant known.

over a year ago

I know what you're going through. My Wife decided to end our marriage eight months ago without any warning and I've to change my life drastically because of it. I've had a lot of resentment and anger towards over the last 8 months but it's hard to hate someone who give you the two most beautiful kids that I've ever known. It's those two that have kept me going. However over the last two weeks I've seen an old school/former work friend kill themselves and another very close friend who is talking of doing the same and I'm seeing the suffering in her eyes and it's the most horrendous thing to see when someone is in so much pain and you want to help them so much. After the last two weeks I've completely changed my outlook on my Ex now. Our arguments are completely insignificant right now. I can't promise you everything will be ok but just hang in there.

By *anaduABC OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Thanks for the messages guys. I really do appreciate them. Im struggling like ive never struggled before but your support defnitely helps xx

over a year ago

Hey, I felt just as you do 6 weeks ago, that was when I finished with my ex. It is really hard right now, because it’s raw, and I know you won’t believe this now, but you are gonna be ok. I am ok now, I’ve reflected and cried, a lot! But actually I feel more like myself again now, it ended for the right reasons and I’m excited for the future again on my own. Time is a massive healer, you take care of yourself. I found it best to have no contact with ex at all as well,

over a year ago

I know how you feel OP, but like so many have said on here... time does help.

You will have great days & some days will be awful but i can guarantee it will get easier.

Zero contact will help & delete or block any social media sites that your on & could possibly see her updates etc

It's going to take time...

It gets harder before it gets easier...

you will grow into a better person...

chin up & go do the things you've always wanted to do but she didn't want to

good luck

By *onygirl19Woman
over a year ago

co dublin

Sent you a private message there op xx

Post new Message to Thread