Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Together for Yes crowdfunding

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The official yes side to Repeal the eighth, Together for Yes, set up a crowd funding page, hoping to get 50 thousand euro for posters in seven days. It was only set up this morning and already has almost 250 thousand from donations by ordinary people.

On the other hand, the vast majority of the money on the No side comes from some pretty shady American groups.

Please donate if you can. This is going to be a close referendum and we need to get Ireland out of the shadow of the church.

Don't think I can link here but Google it and get out on the 25th for a yes vote!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dont agree with u posting here mate. Im sure will b plenty of it in mainstrean social media people can donate there

over a year ago

"Dont agree with u posting here mate. Im sure will b plenty of it in mainstrean social media people can donate there"

This.. also maybe make your posts about the people it will affect and not just throwing shit at the people who want to vote no and the church.. that tends to be the worst part of these debates and juat closes peoples minds more

By *ork3SomeCouple
over a year ago

BaileSexy

Wouldn't have been aware if you didn't make post.

Thanks for sharing

over a year ago

It was all over the radio today as there is big concerns over the funding they got already.

By *onygirl19Woman
over a year ago

co dublin

"Wouldn't have been aware if you didn't make post.

Thanks for sharing "

Again thanks for sharing !!! And you’re right , getting Ireland out of the grip of the catholic church and all the vileness that it stands for is the best thing that could happen to this country . OP x

over a year ago

More important that people actually vote. Thankfully im off and will be at home to vote.

over a year ago

I think this forum is as good a place as any to discuss the o ps post , given that this is a swinging site , unprotected sex, accidents and crisis pregnancy’s undoubtedly do happen on here .

over a year ago

"I think this forum is as good a place as any to discuss the o ps post , given that this is a swinging site , unprotected sex, accidents and crisis pregnancy’s undoubtedly do happen on here ."

This!

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Great news OP. Thanks for sharing.

By *at-cWoman
over a year ago

Ballyshannon

"Wouldn't have been aware if you didn't make post.

Thanks for sharing "

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

This thread is aimed at one way vote , so cant see this going well , as its one sided , just my opion

Mrs crazy

over a year ago

But its not one sided. And its basically talking about a link for crowdfunding. I have been on the experience of crisis pregnancy and have seen what the church has done. But posting about funding not needed its on the radio today and im sure the link can b found online. If op had shared both the yes and campaign links fair play. As i said above lets just all get out and vote thats whats important

over a year ago

Isn't the OP allowed to voice his support? Some replies on here are woeful

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Isn't the OP allowed to voice his support? Some replies on here are woeful "

This! It's an open forum.

Great thread, op!

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Isn't the OP allowed to voice his support? Some replies on here are woeful

This! It's an open forum.

Great thread, op! "

Exactly!

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Thanks OP

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Sorry...uhmm...fuck??..

....and there was a post about why the irish forum has gone quiet..surely everyone even above an IQ of 50 odd can grasp that this is an open forum and all topics are debateable..surely a simple concept.If you think its one sided present a decent argument for the other side...

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Sorry...uhmm...fuck??..

....and there was a post about why the irish forum has gone quiet..surely everyone even above an IQ of 50 odd can grasp that this is an open forum and all topics are debateable..surely a simple concept.If you think its one sided present a decent argument for the other side..."

over a year ago

over a year ago

What does my donation do?

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

It's an open forum... end of. The OP is entitled to his opinion . So is everyone else. It's also an adult site for ADULTS. Surely we can discuss like adults .

over a year ago

"It's an open forum... end of. The OP is entitled to his opinion . So is everyone else. It's also an adult site for ADULTS. Surely we can discuss like adults ."
couldn't agree more

By *otstuffkerry1Couple
over a year ago

tralee

"Get the fuck off here with your shite"

back at ya !!

over a year ago

"Get the fuck off here with your shite

back at ya !!"

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

"The official yes side to Repeal the eighth, Together for Yes, set up a crowd funding page, hoping to get 50 thousand euro for posters in seven days. It was only set up this morning and already has almost 250 thousand from donations by ordinary people.

On the other hand, the vast majority of the money on the No side comes from some pretty shady American groups.

Please donate if you can. This is going to be a close referendum and we need to get Ireland out of the shadow of the church.

Don't think I can link here but Google it and get out on the 25th for a yes vote! "

I'm gobsmacked at some reactions to the OP post. OP simple made his position on the issue very clear. Take it or leave it no need to try and shout him down,

over a year ago

Over 290k raised which us amazing but how much will be spent on posters? Dont think a yes or no poster is the answer. We need to be given proper explanation of what happens if its a yes or no vote.

By *eanontiWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

I had a car full of young adult males and THEY were commenting on how they hadn't seen a yes poster about. And all were voting for repeal. They chatted away for a while before I said anything. I was very proud of my son and his friends.

My body, my choice

Thanks op

over a year ago

"It's an open forum... end of. The OP is entitled to his opinion . So is everyone else. It's also an adult site for ADULTS. Surely we can discuss like adults ."

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

#repeal

over a year ago

"Get the fuck off here with your shite"

What a twat! Block and ignore.

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"I think this forum is as good a place as any to discuss the o ps post , given that this is a swinging site , unprotected sex, accidents and crisis pregnancy’s undoubtedly do happen on here ."

^^^ the lady talks sense.

over a year ago

"Sorry...uhmm...fuck??..

....and there was a post about why the irish forum has gone quiet..surely everyone even above an IQ of 50 odd can grasp that this is an open forum and all topics are debateable..surely a simple concept.If you think its one sided present a decent argument for the other side..."

I was one of the people who said I didnt think the lost was all the appropriate. My reason for that was it was a post to raise funds, not to voice an opinion or open a debate. I agree that the topic is more than suitable for the forums I just dont think posting links to funding for any political causes is all that appropriate. Just wanted to clarify my post

over a year ago

"Sorry...uhmm...fuck??..

....and there was a post about why the irish forum has gone quiet..surely everyone even above an IQ of 50 odd can grasp that this is an open forum and all topics are debateable..surely a simple concept.If you think its one sided present a decent

argument for the other side...

I was one of the people who said I didnt think the lost was all the appropriate. My reason for that was it was a post to raise funds, not to voice an opinion or open a debate. I agree that the topic is more than suitable for the forums I just dont think posting links to funding for any political causes is all that appropriate. Just wanted to clarify my post"

I agree the topic should be discussed on the forum but the forum should not be used to raise money for any side

over a year ago

"Sorry...uhmm...fuck??..

....and there was a post about why the irish forum has gone quiet..surely everyone even above an IQ of 50 odd can grasp that this is an open forum and all topics are debateable..surely a simple concept.If you think its one sided present a decent argument for the other side...

I was one of the people who said I didnt think the lost was all the appropriate. My reason for that was it was a post to raise funds, not to voice an opinion or open a debate. I agree that the topic is more than suitable for the forums I just dont think posting links to funding for any political causes is all that appropriate. Just wanted to clarify my post"

Quite correct, the OP wasn't opening a "discussion".

over a year ago

"Sorry...uhmm...fuck??..

Same as.

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Over 300,000 now. Well done all.

Probably not many of them dollars either, unlike some I could mention.

over a year ago

What will the excess raised be used for after the posters are printed and put up?

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"What will the excess raised be used for after the posters are printed and put up? "

I would imagine primetime print/radio/television advertising?

By *irtypair00Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

I think the exsess should be given as a charity donations to hospital's . If they where only looking for 50k they should have stopped at that !!

Mr dirty

over a year ago

"What will the excess raised be used for after the posters are printed and put up?

I would imagine primetime print/radio/television advertising?"

Can you advertise on the radio and TV, I didn't think that was allowed with Irish politics

over a year ago

Take your agenda elsewhere

over a year ago

Up to 375k

By *onygirl19Woman
over a year ago

co dublin

"Up to 375k "

Yay !!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/18 20:38:43]

By *eanontiWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

"What will the excess raised be used for after the posters are printed and put up? "

More posters. Have you seen how many no ones are about!!!

over a year ago

"What will the excess raised be used for after the posters are printed and put up?

More posters. Have you seen how many no ones are about!!!"

Ive seen none yet. Must keep an eye out now. Amazing amount of money raised in short space of time.

By *eanontiWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

Ive seen none yet. Must keep an eye out now. Amazing amount of money raised in short space of time."

Lucky you. It's pretty bad down here. But I'm sure they will get to you.

Amazing how well the support has been.

Now we have to get off our bums and vote in may x

over a year ago

Ive seen none yet. Must keep an eye out now. Amazing amount of money raised in short space of time.

Lucky you. It's pretty bad down here. But I'm sure they will get to you.

Amazing how well the support has been.

Now we have to get off our bums and vote in may x"

Defo

By *estcorkcoupleCouple
over a year ago

clonakilty

Thank you op ...

Post new Message to Thread