Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

weather

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

no let up in this constant shite weather. since the snow all it has been Is rain. matches cancelled, get Jack shit done. most beautiful country in the world but the weather is a killer. do you like living in Ireland?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arry and AnnCouple
over a year ago

Louth

Honestly, the weather in ireland is a small price to pay when we escape serious stuff like earthquakes and tornados, as well as all the critters in other countries that can kill you..

When all we have to deal with is rain, i think we dodged a bullet..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love Irealnd. Couldn't imagine living anywhere else in the world but the weather is pretty crap. We go on a holiday every year outside of Ireland but also try to do a few days some where in Ireland. Always some where different. Have came across many beautiful places here

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

"Honestly, the weather in ireland is a small price to pay when we escape serious stuff like earthquakes and tornados, as well as all the critters in other countries that can kill you..

When all we have to deal with is rain, i think we dodged a bullet.. "

that's true but when you're heavily involved in sport weather of just rain can be a high time nuisance and especially what we have got the last couple a month's. playing pitches are destroyed

over a year ago

I love our country cause overall I think we've the best people in the world and in good weather we've some of the best scenery but its hard to have a good healthy outdoor lifestyle. I don't mind rain but it does affect sports here and even the activity levels of every citizen.

By *onygirl19Woman
over a year ago

co dublin

It’s like the never ending winter !!

By *it_tribesmanMan
over a year ago

Galway

"It’s like the never ending winter !! "

Spare a thought for us poor farmers. It would test your sanity at times. This winter has been extremely hard

By *onygirl19Woman
over a year ago

co dublin

"It’s like the never ending winter !!

Spare a thought for us poor farmers. It would test your sanity at times. This winter has been extremely hard"

I’ve had horses myself for years ( only one left now , she’s 25 this year ) , and I remember how hard it was the winter of 2010 , it started snowing I think the 18th or 20thof November and it didn’t thaw until January the 12th . I’ll never forget having to drive to get feed 25 miles away in a blissered , the feed place was closing early and it was just before Christmas , if I didn’t get there I had absolutely no feed for four horses . And it was going to be closed for at least a week . No one else was on the road and all I could see was white . Was another very difficult winter . But this one seems to be going on and on , and on .

By *nalcumslutWoman
over a year ago

navan

Spare a thought for us poor farmers. It would test your sanity at times. This winter has been extremely hard"

Farmers are at their wits end.

Godamm fields are full of water.

I do spare many a thought.

By *it_tribesmanMan
over a year ago

Galway

Spare a thought for us poor farmers. It would test your sanity at times. This winter has been extremely hard

I’ve had horses myself for years ( only one left now , she’s 25 this year ) , and I remember how hard it was the winter of 2010 , it started snowing I think the 18th or 20thof November and it didn’t thaw until January the 12th . I’ll never forget having to drive to get feed 25 miles away in a blissered , the feed place was closing early and it was just before Christmas , if I didn’t get there I had absolutely no feed for four horses . And it was going to be closed for at least a week . No one else was on the road and all I could see was white . Was another very difficult winter . But this one seems to be going on and on , and on . "

That must have been very stressful. most farmers would go hungry so there animals could eat. This winter started very early and last summer was so wet that fodder has run out by now.

By *it_tribesmanMan
over a year ago

Galway

Land isnt too badly flodded in comparison to other years its just the temperature has been well below average for the last 6 weeks or so when the grass should have started to grow. April os usally the best month for growth. Not so far......

"

over a year ago

"

Completely agree the old man is cracking and seriously worried for months now

Post new Message to Thread