Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

False accusations

Jump to newest

By *achels OP   Woman
over a year ago

ni

Gutted that I have read a status from another member stating that I have given someone an STI, (totally untrue to my knowledge) and I would like to think that a partner would come direct rather than have it round the site.

I don’t know why I feel I need to justify myself and I can’t believe that I’m doubting myself either but what can I do? Is this not classed as slander? Of course they won’t reveal their source, any help or advice? I have reported them

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Admin should be able to remove status and the person banned.

Even if something like this was true its only an allegation and therefore should not be tolerated

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Gutted that I have read a status from another member stating that I have given someone an STI, (totally untrue to my knowledge) and I would like to think that a partner would come direct rather than have it round the site.

I don’t know why I feel I need to justify myself and I can’t believe that I’m doubting myself either but what can I do? Is this not classed as slander? Of course they won’t reveal their source, any help or advice? I have reported them"

report to Admin, copy & paste the update incase they delete it before admin deal with it

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Report that to admin personally any user name on someones status should not be allowed even if it's done to compliment the user usernames should not be allowed. It causes unwanted attention and in your case slander.

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Hateful people going behind your back..however the bit in brackets...(to my knowledge)...is more than a little worrying..

over a year ago

Hi.

It's libel when written and slander when spoken.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I am not gonna comment on what you seen.

I am going to speak about theory, and the theory of law means that anything said about you in Ireland, true or false, you can sue for.

People think it has to be made up to sue, but you can sue someone for saying something 100% true.

If I was a businessman and famous and someone on here wrote in public that I was a swinger and having sex with people. I could sue and win and win a very big settlement.

They could turn up in court with proof that I own this account, and the judge wouldn't even entertain it, as its not about truth, its about damage to reputation. Did they say something to damage my reputation. If so then they are guilty.

By *achels OP   Woman
over a year ago

ni

"Hateful people going behind your back..however the bit in brackets...(to my knowledge)...is more than a little worrying.. "

No I just mean that some one apparently knows I’ve an sti and I don’t! Always practice safe and tested regularly

over a year ago

"I am not gonna comment on what you seen.

I am going to speak about theory, and the theory of law means that anything said about you in Ireland, true or false, you can sue for.

People think it has to be made up to sue, but you can sue someone for saying something 100% true.

If I was a businessman and famous and someone on here wrote in public that I was a swinger and having sex with people. I could sue and win and win a very big settlement.

They could turn up in court with proof that I own this account, and the judge wouldn't even entertain it, as its not about truth, its about damage to reputation. Did they say something to damage my reputation. If so then they are guilty."

Wrong! In that scenario you would definitely lose! Fact.

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

"Hateful people going behind your back..however the bit in brackets...(to my knowledge)...is more than a little worrying..

No I just mean that some one apparently knows I’ve an sti and I don’t! Always practice safe and tested regularly "

..fair play...my comment..like all of mine..was meant to be on the cheeky side of tongue in cheek.. ..hope the whole thing works out

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Wrong! In that scenario you would definitely lose! Fact."

Nope, you would win. Fact!

If you say something true about me and it hurts my reputation I will win, 100% I will win, UNLESS it is newsworthy, and its very rare for someones sex life to be newsworthy.

I would sue you, get your house, and the papers would not even cover the case. Rich businessmen in Ireland do this on a regular basis.

over a year ago

Dont be silly and wrap that willy

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

That horrible . If he thought anything like that he should have gone to you discreetly and talked not letting everyone know .

By *achels OP   Woman
over a year ago

ni

"That horrible . If he thought anything like that he should have gone to you discreetly and talked not letting everyone know . "

We’ve come to the conclusion that it’s someone that I’ve turned down and they’ve thought they can get back at me this way, a lot of people on these forums know me and know I’m a genuine girl, whatever they’ve tried to achieve by doing this they haven’t succeed

over a year ago

It's a balls that your only redress is reporting, by the time the report is dealt with goodness knows how many people will have seen it and formed their own opinions

over a year ago

Bloody awful that someone can do that to you on here and more than likely will get away with a slap on the wrist from admin.Sorry to see that there are so many idiots on here putting up false stories.

over a year ago

Some horrible people about, fuck the haters x

over a year ago

You should return the favour and name and shame the dickhead

Post new Message to Thread