Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

how far has ireland come

Jump to newest

By *shore OP   Man
over a year ago

cork

Im just curious about this...the whole sex scene in ireland,I think we have a long way to go yet....we have come a long way but theres still a lot for people to relise that sex is not so clean cut,I belive theres more bi and gay people around than we care to admit at the monent.....I wonder when the whole country becomes honest with themselves willwe be a better nation.....I think so

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can't believe that people's sex lives are that vital to the well being of the country. There has to be more important things than that.

By *shore OP   Man
over a year ago

cork

Very true...maybe im over thinking it,but if people were happier with themselves

over a year ago

"Im just curious about this...the whole sex scene in ireland,I think we have a long way to go yet....we have come a long way but theres still a lot for people to relise that sex is not so clean cut,I belive theres more bi and gay people around than we care to admit at the monent.....I wonder when the whole country becomes honest with themselves willwe be a better nation.....I think so"

Sorry do you mean the straight community are down playing the number of gay and bi people. Or that the lgbt community still do not feel comfortable coming out?

I wouldnt have thought there is a huge amount of people who need to "admit" this.

By *shore OP   Man
over a year ago

cork

You put it perfect....i think more people need to admit this

over a year ago

"You put it perfect....i think more people need to admit this"

I was actually asking which you thought it was.

Its a personal choice if and when to come out I would think.

Then again probably not the best debate gor 2 straight guys to have.. you would need to ask some of the LGBT community what the stigmas and pressures are like these days

By *shore OP   Man
over a year ago

cork

Its not just the gay thing ...its all the other things laytex,3 sums 4 sums wife swapping....etc

over a year ago

"Its not just the gay thing ...its all the other things laytex,3 sums 4 sums wife swapping....etc"

Honestly I dont think peoples kinks need to be revealed to everyone for a better sociaty but thats just me

over a year ago

"Its not just the gay thing ...its all the other things laytex,3 sums 4 sums wife swapping....etc

Honestly I dont think peoples kinks need to be revealed to everyone for a better sociaty but thats just me"

Totally agree with you.

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Its not just the gay thing ...its all the other things laytex,3 sums 4 sums wife swapping....etc

Honestly I dont think peoples kinks need to be revealed to everyone for a better sociaty but thats just me

Totally agree with you. "

I'll second that...

over a year ago

Totally agree with you.

I'll second that... "

Now of anyone wants to come confess to me in private I am all for that

By *shore OP   Man
over a year ago

cork

Not declare it from the tops of building but to be honest to themselves and go after it

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Totally agree with you.

I'll second that...

Now of anyone wants to come confess to me in private I am all for that "

Your toes would curl

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Not declare it from the tops of building but to be honest to themselves and go after it"

My friends and family are getting used to me coming out as bi.. don't want to shock them by announcing that I also like 3sums, pegging, bondage

over a year ago

"You put it perfect....i think more people need to admit this

Then again probably not the best debate gor 2 straight guys to have.. you would need to ask some of the LGBT community what the stigmas and pressures are like these days"

As a not out gay fella, I’m still shitless about coming out. I think I’m a very masculine and next door type but I have found very few gay fellas like me. Most hear gay and assume camp and I struggle with that label. I’m aware it’s my issue and I’m prob over thinking it. Country has come a long way but being gay still has its stigmas.

over a year ago

Then again probably not the best debate gor 2 straight guys to have.. you would need to ask some of the LGBT community what the stigmas and pressures are like these days

As a not out gay fella, I’m still shitless about coming out. I think I’m a very masculine and next door type but I have found very few gay fellas like me. Most hear gay and assume camp and I struggle with that label. I’m aware it’s my issue and I’m prob over thinking it. Country has come a long way but being gay still has its stigmas. "

Sorry to hear it CJ I think the image of the "gay man" is changing but probably slower than it should

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

As a not out gay fella, I’m still shitless about coming out. I think I’m a very masculine and next door type but I have found very few gay fellas like me. Most hear gay and assume camp and I struggle with that label. I’m aware it’s my issue and I’m prob over thinking it. Country has come a long way but being gay still has its stigmas. "

I hear what you're saying and I do feel for you as you know I only recently came out.. but for me I was probably over thinking things but it still took me until I was 45 to say it to others...

You'll know when the time is right but perhaps just start by telling just one friend and get used to them knowing... x

over a year ago

As a not out gay fella, I’m still shitless about coming out. I think I’m a very masculine and next door type but I have found very few gay fellas like me. Most hear gay and assume camp and I struggle with that label. I’m aware it’s my issue and I’m prob over thinking it. Country has come a long way but being gay still has its stigmas.

I hear what you're saying and I do feel for you as you know I only recently came out.. but for me I was probably over thinking things but it still took me until I was 45 to say it to others...

You'll know when the time is right but perhaps just start by telling just one friend and get used to them knowing... x"

Thanks for that advice and well done in coming out. I thought you were very brave and a bit of an inspiration.

By *iktikiCouple
over a year ago

city centre

Totally agree with you. "

No its the tolerance for different choices and lifestyles that would make ireland a better society.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear it CJ I think the image of the "gay man" is changing but probably slower than it should"

Thanks fella. Fab is no different. I have seen openly gay fellas on here as straight and bi-curious so as not to be labelled camp. Even fab has a long way to go

over a year ago

"Im just curious about this...the whole sex scene in ireland,I think we have a long way to go yet....we have come a long way but theres still a lot for people to relise that sex is not so clean cut,I belive theres more bi and gay people around than we care to admit at the monent.....I wonder when the whole country becomes honest with themselves willwe be a better nation.....I think so"
I think a lot of people are that sex mad they don't mind what they get up on or let up on them.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear it CJ I think the image of the "gay man" is changing but probably slower than it should

Thanks fella. Fab is no different. I have seen openly gay fellas on here as straight and bi-curious so as not to be labelled camp. Even fab has a long way to go "

I was actually just about to as ye both of you found fab more openminded... clearly not

over a year ago

Totally agree with you.

I'll second that...

Now of anyone wants to come confess to me in private I am all for that

Your toes would curl "

Thats just from wear hand me down shoes x

over a year ago

I'm honest with myself, whether or not others are honest with themselves is not my problem, unless it's directly affecting me.

over a year ago

Thanks fella. Fab is no different. I have seen openly gay fellas on here as straight and bi-curious so as not to be labelled camp. Even fab has a long way to go

I was actually just about to as ye both of you found fab more openminded... clearly not"

I find I can be very invisible on fab sometimes. I can understand that, I’m not exactly it’s typical person

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Im just curious about this...the whole sex scene in ireland,I think we have a long way to go yet....we have come a long way but theres still a lot for people to relise that sex is not so clean cut,I belive theres more bi and gay people around than we care to admit at the monent.....I wonder when the whole country becomes honest with themselves willwe be a better nation.....I think so I think a lot of people are that sex mad they don't mind what they get up on or let up on them."

You're obviously speaking from experience with that statement but don't worry as long as you're happy that's all that counts..

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I was actually just about to as ye both of you found fab more openminded... clearly not

I find I can be very invisible on fab sometimes. I can understand that, I’m not exactly it’s typical person "

There's room for everyone of every sexuality on here cj... trolls, bigots, sexist and homophobes have no place here ..

over a year ago

"Im just curious about this...the whole sex scene in ireland,I think we have a long way to go yet....we have come a long way but theres still a lot for people to relise that sex is not so clean cut,I belive theres more bi and gay people around than we care to admit at the monent.....I wonder when the whole country becomes honest with themselves willwe be a better nation.....I think so I think a lot of people are that sex mad they don't mind what they get up on or let up on them.

You're obviously speaking from experience with that statement but don't worry as long as you're happy that's all that counts.. "

Oh I'm very fussy about what I get up on and yes I'm very happy thanks.

over a year ago

I find I can be very invisible on fab sometimes. I can understand that, I’m not exactly it’s typical person

There's room for everyone of every sexuality on here cj... trolls, bigots, sexist and homophobes have no place here .."

That don't leave many left on the site if you get rid of all those.

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

There's room for everyone of every sexuality on here cj... trolls, bigots, sexist and homophobes have no place here .. That don't leave many left on the site if you get rid of all those."

Ah sure it's the quality of those that will remain that counts

over a year ago

There's room for everyone of every sexuality on here cj... trolls, bigots, sexist and homophobes have no place here .. That don't leave many left on the site if you get rid of all those.

Ah sure it's the quality of those that will remain that counts "

The perfect people.

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Anyway back to the topic of the thread..

Maybe with the new sex education in schools alternative lifestyles will hopefully be taught...

over a year ago

The answer is not far enough

Post new Message to Thread