FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Are we all migrating away from Ireland forums?

Jump to newest

By *ohndunboyne OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I've gotten a little bored with them this past few weeks.

This has led me to The Lounge and the other top three threads when you click on the Forums link.

I notice that quite a few other Irish forum posters are also there now, which wasn't quite as prevalent a year ago, from distant memory.

Why do you think this is the case?

What's wrong with Ireland forums?

Why don't people engage here as much as they used to, or want to?

Is variety of discussion topics a factor in this?

Should we denounce all the social events posts and tell them to post in the Meet & Greet section?

Do I waffle continuously when having a late beer? Ok, that's a given

Please be nice and considered in your response. No bitchiness, unless it's directed at me, which will result in a knock on your door from large men, in dark clothing, with no sympathy for the Fab condition

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohndunboyne OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 03:00:15]

By *ohndunboyne OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Bumping this for the early morning/even later than me crew, as I'm off to bed, finally!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Iv been reading them all, haven't made a comment on any, bar 1, but yea i find the other ones more interesting just because i think there may be more people commenting on them, here there seems to be a select few that know eachother already, could be down to shyness maby!

over a year ago

Yes, come to the dark side

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Yep...shur isnt variety the spice of life

over a year ago

Answer = bitching

over a year ago

It's only natural to get bored with things as superficial as internet forums, particularly if there is a limited number of posters. There comes a point when you've heard it all before. It's all fun and fresh when you start posting, loses it's appeal after a while, hence why lots of people take a break.

I think you'll find that, with familiarity, the Lounge is also dominated by a few regular posters and similar threads repeated week in, week out.

over a year ago

I think we have all become too pc, if someone says anything slightly off the "norm" they are jumped on.. A healthy debate never hurt anyone (minus the just plain bitchiness).What I like about the lounge is they talk about absolutely everything and it can be an interesting read.

Also the size of our lil country matters, it is the same people that normally chat so you are not going to get the variety of opinions.

over a year ago

"Answer = bitching "

Bitching, backstabbing and afraid to open my trap for fear of a ban

over a year ago

I visit the Lounge when things are dead here ,sometimes it's not much better there tbh but nice to check out new profiles too even if they're not "In Our Area "!

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Ive noticed from a distance the irush forum got deathly quiet..the chatroom died a death as well..

..im afraid some people on fab seem to want their "rooms" all to themselves

.i would suggest this applies to their bedroom as well..

over a year ago

From reading I find the UK one to be much more inclusive and way less judgemental

over a year ago

The Lounge is by far my favourite forum. It’s where I first started posting, not the Irish forum.

It’s definitely far more inclusive than the Irish one.

Don’t even start me on the hotties...wowzers!

over a year ago

"From reading I find the UK one to be much more inclusive and way less judgemental "

Yep very true - and even get an extra few fabs when you post on them

over a year ago

"From reading I find the UK one to be much more inclusive and way less judgemental "

Not sure I would agree. I think its just a matter of volume. It seems to follow the same trend, look at me threads get alot of ridicule, debates turn into pettiness I just think there are a few more opinions due to extra people I dont think the disscussions are any more openminded

over a year ago

"From reading I find the UK one to be much more inclusive and way less judgemental

Yep very true - and even get an extra few fabs when you post on them "

After meeting her fine self in person she deserves top of hot pics she’s a beauty

over a year ago

Totally agree

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

alot more openminded on the lounge. on the Irish forums you usually have a select group who know one another, post alot. also, I think shyness and nervousness to post is there also.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I've never seen the Irish forum as dull as it is and it's a good three/four months now like it. Maybe we should declare it dead and close the lid.

I rarely post in the lounge or swingers chat but I read them now and then. Peeps on the lounge/swingers chat are certainly more tolerant and open minded. I doubt that the forum report button is misused there to get unconventional posts deleted or even to chase controversial/colourful people of the forum. With more people posting the chances that threads get highjacked by the same attention seekers is less likely too.

Result peeps stay away from the Irish forum and all that's left is the usual 'aftershave' threads.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I've never seen the Irish forum as dull as it is and it's a good three/four months now like it. Maybe we should declare it dead and close the lid.

I rarely post in the lounge or swingers chat but I read them now and then. Peeps on the lounge/swingers chat are certainly more tolerant and open minded. I doubt that the forum report button is misused there to get unconventional posts deleted or even to chase controversial/colourful people of the forum. With more people posting the chances that threads get highjacked by the same attention seekers is less likely too.

Result peeps stay away from the Irish forum and all that's left is the usual 'aftershave' threads. "

when I used this site day one the irish forum was extremelly active compared to now

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

The forum is going through a quiet patch as it has done before at certain times of the year, I do agree that the size of out population makes it that bit harder for a free flowing forum like the lounge.

Between people knowing each other trough meeting or just posting regularly it gives an impression to the less well informed or casual reader an impression that a clique exists which as we know isn't the case.

New posters come on the forum and either blend by their casual use of the forum or explode on to the threads challenging those perceived cliques which all make for some good sport.

The one thing I will say about the Irish forum with confidence is that it is as open-minded as any of the others,yes there are the judgemental types but in balance there are those that will challenge those judgments

As for repeats threads it's the way of life for any forum even the news papers rehash the same old shite regularly

over a year ago

Id be fairly new to forums but i find them quiet eneteraining at best of times

over a year ago

I tend to post mainly in the Irish forum and occasionally around the other forums. Mainly when I don't want to answer any of the usual threads that come up.

over a year ago

Irish threads are crap. It's usually "good morning" "what am I doing wrong?" "kiss fuck avoid". Like there's no real thought provoking or interesting threads. Just the whining and the awful flirting threads . And I am aware that I'm part of the crapiness haha. The lounge has more interesting posters, only my comments always seem invisible in the lounge (poor me ).

over a year ago

I have been on and off Fab for several years and have regularly commented in the forums until this last 8 months or so.

I am not saying it is cliquish per sec but when comments put in by less established forum users are ignored, what is the point!

This is just my opinion.....

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 10:35:41]

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 10:36:01]

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I have been on and off Fab for several years and have regularly commented in the forums until this last 8 months or so.

I am not saying it is cliquish per sec but when comments put in by less established forum users are ignored, what is the point!

This is just my opinion..... "

that's a very true comment

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I have been on and off Fab for several years and have regularly commented in the forums until this last 8 months or so.

This is just my opinion..... "

Just because a post isn't replied to doesn't mean it's ignored

Unless of course it's on a thread to comment on the poster above and someone skips a post

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"The forum is going through a quiet patch as it has done before at certain times of the year, I do agree that the size of out population makes it that bit harder for a free flowing forum like the lounge.

Between people knowing each other trough meeting or just posting regularly it gives an impression to the less well informed or casual reader an impression that a clique exists which as we know isn't the case.

New posters come on the forum and either blend by their casual use of the forum or explode on to the threads challenging those perceived cliques which all make for some good sport.

The one thing I will say about the Irish forum with confidence is that it is as open-minded as any of the others,yes there are the judgemental types but in balance there are those that will challenge those judgments

As for repeats threads it's the way of life for any forum even the news papers rehash the same old shite regularly

"

I wished there was a bit more of the 'clique' peeps around, loads of them gone quiet. I don't think it's the 'clique problem' this time.

IMO there is very little creative input around at present, it's all dumbed down to kiss, fuck, pass.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"The forum is going through a quiet patch as it has done before at certain times of the year, I do agree that the size of out population makes it that bit harder for a free flowing forum like the lounge.

I wished there was a bit more of the 'clique' peeps around, loads of them gone quiet. I don't think it's the 'clique problem' this time.

IMO there is very little creative input around at present, it's all dumbed down to kiss, fuck, pass. "

I'll give you a good thread soon enough......

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Only have to look at how many replies a thread gets now adays compared with a year ago. Very rarely now they reach 50 replies if your lucky. They have become quiet. I use the lounge more myself

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Only have to look at how many replies a thread gets now adays compared with a year ago. Very rarely now they reach 50 replies if your lucky. They have become quiet. I use the lounge more myself "
my threads have regularly reached 174. that's what you want

over a year ago

IMO there is very little creative input around at present, it's all dumbed down to kiss, fuck, pass. "

Fuck

over a year ago

I try to post in the Irish forums but you don't get as much replies as in the lounge. So I tend to post there more often

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

"Only have to look at how many replies a thread gets now adays compared with a year ago. Very rarely now they reach 50 replies if your lucky. They have become quiet. I use the lounge more myself my threads have regularly reached 174. that's what you want "

Press your green arrow next to your name and then tell me yours reach 174 regularly

over a year ago

"Only have to look at how many replies a thread gets now adays compared with a year ago. Very rarely now they reach 50 replies if your lucky. They have become quiet. I use the lounge more myself my threads have regularly reached 174. that's what you want

Press your green arrow next to your name and then tell me yours reach 174 regularly "

Just done this

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Only have to look at how many replies a thread gets now adays compared with a year ago. Very rarely now they reach 50 replies if your lucky. They have become quiet. I use the lounge more myself my threads have regularly reached 174. that's what you want

Press your green arrow next to your name and then tell me yours reach 174 regularly "

that didn't do anything

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 11:30:05]

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 11:30:40]

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 11:34:29]

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

IMO there is very little creative input around at present, it's all dumbed down to kiss, fuck, pass.

Fuck "

Right back at the two of you!

over a year ago

"

Fuck

Right back at the two of you! "

Kiss and fuck

over a year ago

Unless of course it's on a thread to comment on the poster above and someone skips a post "

I know that. I am not just talking about a random post. Im talking about several being ignored on different threads over the months. You just think whats the point really.

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Unless of course it's on a thread to comment on the poster above and someone skips a post

I know that. I am not just talking about a random post. Im talking about several being ignored on different threads over the months. You just think whats the point really.

"

It was like that when I started on fab, sink or swim. You just have to (politely) barge your way in and make yourself known. Internet forums in general are no places for shrinking violets. There are really tell ways to be noticed: make valid contributions or be a troll. The former is obviously the preferred option.

In my experience if no one is replying to my posts I just make better posts.

YMMV.

over a year ago

"

If you make your own threads and they're decent then people will comment on that and start to engage with you on other threads. Also even when you disagree with someone don't carry it over to other threads. I can be debating with one person on one thread and backing them up on another at the same time. The forum users are actually all nice people but you have to almost make them engage with you.

over a year ago

Honestly dont see the problem with irsh forums.if u look at the lounge or swingers chats or uk very simular threads come up .is giving out about irish forums just another excuse for a thread.if so come up with new threads if people are bored with them.

over a year ago

If you make your own threads and they're decent then people will comment on that and start to engage with you on other threads. Also even when you disagree with someone don't carry it over to other threads. I can be debating with one person on one thread and backing them up on another at the same time. The forum users are actually all nice people but you have to almost make them engage with you. "

I never created a forum thread. I was just saying that most comments I did make on existing threads were ignored.

Its not a big issue tbh. It just stopped me commenting on future ones

over a year ago

I think it just goes through phases. Different times of the years and holidays and people are busy. Some stuff is fairly repetitive and some kind of gets fairly personal very quickly but as Miss Fab says, some threads just get copied from other threads on the site and get rehashed or worded differently. You can get to know what someone is like too when they are on the forums.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Press your green arrow next to your name and then tell me yours reach 174 regularly that didn't do anything "

Ur last thread two days ago had 40 replies "Not meeting"

Six days ago u had 74 replies but no 174's

It's being ages since a good thread (Not kiss pass fuck) has reached max

over a year ago

Tipperary

Press your green arrow next to your name and then tell me yours reach 174 regularly that didn't do anything

It's being ages since a good thread (Not kiss pass fuck) has reached max"

umpteen times in the past my threads have hitting 174 or gotten very near. all u see now is kiss pass fuck or say something nice about the person above. playground stuff. you need a bit of debate/controversy to get forums moving

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"

In that case I get ignored daily wait hourly but I still post someone somewhere will reply

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Press your green arrow next to your name and then tell me yours reach 174 regularly that didn't do anything

It's being ages since a good thread (Not kiss pass fuck) has reached maxumpteen times in the past my threads have hitting 174 or gotten very near. all u see now is kiss pass fuck or say something nice about the person above. playground stuff. you need a bit of debate/controversy to get forums moving "

In the past but not the resent past which is what we are discussing have we migrated to other forums

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 07/04/18 12:54:32]

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

When I started commenting on the Irish forum (long time ago) there were some great characters . Seems like a lot don't like sarcasm and take offence quiet easily hence some just don't comment anymore. I sometimes put up a thread for a giggle because I think it's needed. So maybe if we all stopped moaning and in-house bitching and came up with funny or interesting threads things might get better..... just sayin.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"When I started commenting on the Irish forum (long time ago) there were some great characters . Seems like a lot don't like sarcasm and take offence quiet easily hence some just don't comment anymore. I sometimes put up a thread for a giggle because I think it's needed. So maybe if we all stopped moaning and in-house bitching and came up with funny or interesting threads things might get better..... just sayin."

Excuse me I didn't take offence what are u saying

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"When I started commenting on the Irish forum (long time ago) there were some great characters . Seems like a lot don't like sarcasm and take offence quiet easily hence some just don't comment anymore. I sometimes put up a thread for a giggle because I think it's needed. So maybe if we all stopped moaning and in-house bitching and came up with funny or interesting threads things might get better..... just sayin.

Excuse me I didn't take offence what are u saying "

You always know what I'm saying

over a year ago

"When I started commenting on the Irish forum (long time ago) there were some great characters . Seems like a lot don't like sarcasm and take offence quiet easily hence some just don't comment anymore. I sometimes put up a thread for a giggle because I think it's needed. So maybe if we all stopped moaning and in-house bitching and came up with funny or interesting threads things might get better..... just sayin."

Good idea

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

You can make a joke in the lounge and people wont twist it out of context on purpose in an attempt to get you banned.

In the irish section if you said something like "I don't like people who like the colour blue", then someone who does not like blue will take it personally. You wont know them, you wont know their colour preference, you wont even care, but they will assume your comment was aimed at them and take it personally.

They will then report you whenever they see you say something that can be taken out of context.

This happens because some people do target others, to try get under their skin. If there is a "what do you not like" they will describe each other and fire shots at each other that someone like myself would be oblivious to, end up hating each other.

In the lounge people cant remember me and I cant remember them, so no one thinks things are personal.

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Somewhere on this journey guys got meets by frequently posting in the irish forum...even though they talked pure shite mostly...then as always this trend took off untill the irish forum was a flood of repetitive 'look at me' posts...i stopped commenting mostly because of this..

.still think a max of one post per day is a good idea...

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"You can make a joke in the lounge and people wont twist it out of context on purpose in an attempt to get you banned.

In the irish section if you said something like "I don't like people who like the colour blue", then someone who does not like blue will take it personally. You wont know them, you wont know their colour preference, you wont even care, but they will assume your comment was aimed at them and take it personally.

They will then report you whenever they see you say something that can be taken out of context.

This happens because some people do target others, to try get under their skin. If there is a "what do you not like" they will describe each other and fire shots at each other that someone like myself would be oblivious to, end up hating each other.

In the lounge people cant remember me and I cant remember them, so no one thinks things are personal.

Yep all true.

The old report button gets used a lot. But my take on that is...if that's what makes some people happy... well...what a sad fooker they are.... "

I agree with you there but I think it did a lot of damage to the forum flow. Once it gets slightly heated the report button is being hit and only the ass creeping is left. While I like a good rimming each at its time and in measures.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"You can make a joke in the lounge and people wont twist it out of context on purpose in an attempt to get you banned.

."

A reported post would only be removed and a ban issued if it broke rules.

If someone reported something that didn't break rules then nothing will be actioned

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Well I hate those stupid games that some people play or get your cock out or get you pusies out . I luv chat about normal everyday things .

over a year ago

The forums were more fun before that's true. Regarding the lounge etc I think it's just the population is larger therefore more people starting different threads. I don't comment much, have the occasional read and it's still the same people putting up their usual threads with a few debating threads thrown in

I still see kiss, fuck, pass or best pic of poster above threads

By *ohndunboyne OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Thanks to all for replying and some very good food for thought amongst the responses. Let's make an effort to return to originality and quality debate, with a little humour of course, so we all enjoy it more

Great reading above, I must say.

Post new Message to Thread