Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Give up!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else starting to give up on this site? Maybe it’s me lol time to delete the profile I think.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"Anyone else starting to give up on this site? Maybe it’s me lol time to delete the profile I think. "

is it not what you expected? if so in what way has it disappointed you?

over a year ago

"Anyone else starting to give up on this site? Maybe it’s me lol time to delete the profile I think.

is it not what you expected? if so in what way has it disappointed you?"

Ahhh well getting a reply back is one major thing but that’s not the sites fault. Not like I haven’t put time and effort into my profile and messages. Generally looking to chat first and see wat happens after that. Very hard for a guy to get verified on here. Lot of profiles looking for face pics before they even reply and if they don’t like wat they see then they don’t even respond. In saying that people who have replied back saying they are not interested that is completely fine too Iv always been respectful and said thank you for replying. But it doesn’t seem to get me anywhere. So it mayb b best to delete the profile. Mayb try somewhere else.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why have friends in a friend's list if you are not chatting etc.do you go on chat say hi talk to people.

over a year ago

"Why have friends in a friend's list if you are not chatting etc.do you go on chat say hi talk to people.

"

I have messaged them and chatted with them, but some of them can b busy and not on all the time or can message me back for a chat. They r here go different reasons

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

you have to remember just as in real life physical attraction has to be there, you will not be to everyone's taste as I'm sure you have looked at profiles and passed them by? also as I'm sure you are aware girls can not reply to all mail, even to say no thanks

over a year ago

"you have to remember just as in real life physical attraction has to be there, you will not be to everyone's taste as I'm sure you have looked at profiles and passed them by? also as I'm sure you are aware girls can not reply to all mail, even to say no thanks"

Of course totally get wat your saying and thank u for the comments. I’m jus wondering is there anyone else having same luck as myself. Sure not to worry. Jus beginning to think this place isn’t for me

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"you have to remember just as in real life physical attraction has to be there, you will not be to everyone's taste as I'm sure you have looked at profiles and passed them by? also as I'm sure you are aware girls can not reply to all mail, even to say no thanks

Of course totally get wat your saying and thank u for the comments. I’m jus wondering is there anyone else having same luck as myself. Sure not to worry. Jus beginning to think this place isn’t for me "

the ratio of men to women is pretty big I think, there are lots of threads about this, lots of people stop trying so hard to meet and just enjoy the chat etc but I guess that's not for everyone, I'veheard guys say they were on a year before they got their first meet, I guess it's up to you wether you think it's worth it, but if it's frustrating you or annoying you then I don't think the site is for you

over a year ago

"you have to remember just as in real life physical attraction has to be there, you will not be to everyone's taste as I'm sure you have looked at profiles and passed them by? also as I'm sure you are aware girls can not reply to all mail, even to say no thanks

Of course totally get wat your saying and thank u for the comments. I’m jus wondering is there anyone else having same luck as myself. Sure not to worry. Jus beginning to think this place isn’t for me

the ratio of men to women is pretty big I think, there are lots of threads about this, lots of people stop trying so hard to meet and just enjoy the chat etc but I guess that's not for everyone, I'veheard guys say they were on a year before they got their first meet, I guess it's up to you wether you think it's worth it, but if it's frustrating you or annoying you then I don't think the site is for you"

Tbh Iv given up meeting as it jus don’t happen lol so trying to enjoy the chat side. But that’s very slim pickings, i might give it a few days and c of nothing changes then it might b best to leave.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

The fact you cannot accommodate usually means you are married.

over a year ago

"The fact you cannot accommodate usually means you are married."

Oh does it? Never knew that. I can’t accommodate because I’d rather keep my private life separate and I have very nosey neighbors.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"Anyone else starting to give up on this site? Maybe it’s me lol time to delete the profile I think. "
the list is huge pal.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"The fact you cannot accommodate usually means you are married.

Oh does it? Never knew that. I can’t accommodate because I’d rather keep my private life separate and I have very nosey neighbors. "

Reading your profile it's obvious you're not married. Some people on here think that single men have to accommodate if not they're suspicious.

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet?

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

Oh does it? Never knew that. I can’t accommodate because I’d rather keep my private life separate and I have very nosey neighbors.

Reading your profile it's obvious you're not married. Some people on here think that single men have to accommodate if not they're suspicious.

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet? "

doghunter so many try read between the lines on here.

over a year ago

Get yourself to a meet & greet, chat in chatrooms. Have abit of banter & the meets will come

over a year ago

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet? "

Thank you that was my assumption for people on here that jus cos I can’t accomadate that must mean I’m married lol. Yeah Iv had considered them. But unfortunately none are on in my area and I’d have to travel 3-4hrs to get to one and I work part time at the wkend to make a few euro while I’m in college. Everything is against me lol. Iv had thought of hosting one but where I am it’s so small and everyone knows ur business prefer to keep my business to myself.

over a year ago

"Get yourself to a meet & greet, chat in chatrooms. Have abit of banter & the meets will come "

I’ll have to try bloody hard tho

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet? doghunter so many try read between the lines on here. "

When so many aren't being honest, you kinda have to.

over a year ago

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet? doghunter so many try read between the lines on here.

When so many aren't being honest, you kinda have to."

Yeah I get that. But can’t paint us all wit the same brush

over a year ago

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet? doghunter so many try read between the lines on here.

Yeah I get that. But can’t paint us all wit the same brush "

To be honest even if your not married not being able to accomodate tends to be a bit of a barrier for single men..

I know you think you have nosey neighbours but think of it this way if you had a female friend call over for a cuppa for an evening do you think they would pay much attention to it

over a year ago

To be honest even if your not married not being able to accomodate tends to be a bit of a barrier for single men..

I know you think you have nosey neighbours but think of it this way if you had a female friend call over for a cuppa for an evening do you think they would pay much attention to it"

Probably not but if there were different women calling every now and then and if things got heated the walls are like paper they would hear everything they definitely would start talking lol

over a year ago

Thanks a million for everyone’s feedback

over a year ago

I know you think you have nosey neighbours but think of it this way if you had a female friend call over for a cuppa for an evening do you think they would pay much attention to it

Probably not but if there were different women calling every now and then and if things got heated the walls are like paper they would hear everything they definitely would start talking lol"

If you get that many different women calling to your door then Fab is working very well for you... all I am saying is be open to it, you might get to meet at least one person.. just ya know keep the volume down

over a year ago

Probably not but if there were different women calling every now and then and if things got heated the walls are like paper they would hear everything they definitely would start talking lol

If you get that many different women calling to your door then Fab is working very well for you... all I am saying is be open to it, you might get to meet at least one person.. just ya know keep the volume down "

Hahaha true

over a year ago

If u aint enjoying the site take a break or leave and try somewhere else

over a year ago

"Anyone else starting to give up on this site? Maybe it’s me lol time to delete the profile I think.

If u aint enjoying the site take a break or leave and try somewhere else"

I might do

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Anyhow I don't think this detail holding you back. Have you ever considered to go to a meet & greet?

Thank you that was my assumption for people on here that jus cos I can’t accomadate that must mean I’m married lol. Yeah Iv had considered them. But unfortunately none are on in my area and I’d have to travel 3-4hrs to get to one and I work part time at the wkend to make a few euro while I’m in college. Everything is against me lol. Iv had thought of hosting one but where I am it’s so small and everyone knows ur business prefer to keep my business to myself. "

Lots of negatives in there...you have to put positive effort in to get anything out of sites like these as the odds as a single man are against you.

Good luck.

over a year ago

Thank you that was my assumption for people on here that jus cos I can’t accomadate that must mean I’m married lol. Yeah Iv had considered them. But unfortunately none are on in my area and I’d have to travel 3-4hrs to get to one and I work part time at the wkend to make a few euro while I’m in college. Everything is against me lol. Iv had thought of hosting one but where I am it’s so small and everyone knows ur business prefer to keep my business to myself.

Lots of negatives in there...you have to put positive effort in to get anything out of sites like these as the odds as a single man are against you.

Good luck."

Yep I do know it’s a lesson I’m learning quickly

over a year ago

Good luck.

Yep I do know it’s a lesson I’m learning quickly"

I would advise you to stick with it, you dont sound like your on here to try and meet half the site. When you do finally click with someone it can be amazing. Dont expect to get loads of interest but try and find someone that interests you.

over a year ago

Good luck.

I would advise you to stick with it, you dont sound like your on here to try and meet half the site. When you do finally click with someone it can be amazing. Dont expect to get loads of interest but try and find someone that interests you."

Lol wat do u think I have been doing or trying to do at least

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Oh does it? Never knew that. I can’t accommodate because I’d rather keep my private life separate and I have very nosey neighbors. "

Touchy and slightly aggressive ! So not sexy

over a year ago

Touchy and slightly aggressive ! So not sexy"

Don't see agression in his reply, your statement was a presumptuous and he explained why he can't accommodate

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Other than the question mark which probably should have being an exclamation mark he's not shown any signs of being touchy or aggressive.

However there are lots of girls and couples that can't accommodate what should we assume about them

Join in here OP as u have done on it thread u seem sane and able to communicate with more than one word and things will work out for u

over a year ago

"Thank you that was my assumption for people on here that jus cos I can’t accomadate that must mean I’m married lol. Yeah Iv had considered them. But unfortunately none are on in my area and I’d have to travel 3-4hrs to get to one and I work part time at the wkend to make a few euro while I’m in college. Everything is against me lol. Iv had thought of hosting one but where I am it’s so small and everyone knows ur business prefer to keep my business to myself. "

Hiya

Your profile is nicely written, plenty of detail in it, and how you've replied to people here also looks good, so it probably is just a matter of persevering if you feel up to that.

As for travelling 3-4 hours to a meet and greet, I've recently been to the one in mayo, where I left my house at 1 and arrived at our destination round 4. It was advertised well in advance, most of these events are, so if you knew one was coming up in the future you might be able to work around it.

Wishing you the best of luck

over a year ago

Op i cant accomodate either .im single not married or attached.understand keeping ur private life seperate from fab.neutral ground is better for merting until u get to know the man or women before u bring them to ur house

over a year ago

I think a lot of us have been in a similar situation, but a social or such could really help.

All else fails try set one up, I will let you know on Friday if that works out

over a year ago

Good luck.

I would advise you to stick with it, you dont sound like your on here to try and meet half the site. When you do finally click with someone it can be amazing. Dont expect to get loads of interest but try and find someone that interests you.

Lol wat do u think I have been doing or trying to do at least"

Ha ha ya fair enough... well hopefully you will stick with it

By *angero3aMan
over a year ago

swords

I agree very hard for single guy on here

no one will meet if not verfity can only can verifity with meet .

over a year ago

Apologies didn’t mean to sound aggressive was jus telling u y I can’t accommodate Is all no offence implied.

over a year ago

Don't see agression in his reply, your statement was a presumptuous and he explained why he can't accommodate "

Thanks

over a year ago

Cheers Guys, nice to know there’s good out there. And if I offended anyone I apologize. Jus venting is all and meant no harm to anyone. I will take all of yere advices on board and see what I can change. Thanks again

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Op you only on the site 3 months or so, usually chat to people a lot longer then that before even arranging a coffee meet.

Takes time on here to get meets and Defo ain't as easy as you may have thought from the start.

Hang on in there, good things come to those who wait...

over a year ago

Sounds like you also need to get out.. Your In college man go to bars have fun...theres someone for everyone especially in limerick and fuck the neighbours make as much noise as you can your only young once

over a year ago

"Op you only on the site 3 months or so, usually chat to people a lot longer then that before even arranging a coffee meet.

Takes time on here to get meets and Defo ain't as easy as you may have thought from the start.

Hang on in there, good things come to those who wait..."

Yeah true. But as I said I’m not interested in meets not for awhile anyway, my issue was jus gettin a response lol it’s jus tough. Prefer to chat for a while then coffee meet if it comes to that

over a year ago

"Sounds like you also need to get out.. Your In college man go to bars have fun...theres someone for everyone especially in limerick and fuck the neighbours make as much noise as you can your only young once "

Lol yeah ur right. Tough to get out wen ur in college and working lol but yeah I see ur point. I’m a bit old for the college pubs and clubs lol

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Don't see agression in his reply, your statement was a presumptuous and he explained why he can't accommodate "

Not really...I was giving a reason why women may be put off. Married men "cannot accomodate" all the time. And, it read slightly aggressive towards me. If you don't think so thats cool.

over a year ago

I was on here for over a year with my Ex Wife as a couple and I'd say 95% messages were from single and married men. Now I'm on as a single person there's no replies back at all from Ladies I message and I understand that's certainly there decision and I respect it. However I do understand how hard it is for a single man to get started of on this as well.

over a year ago

"Sounds like you also need to get out.. Your In college man go to bars have fun...theres someone for everyone especially in limerick and fuck the neighbours make as much noise as you can your only young once

Lol yeah ur right. Tough to get out wen ur in college and working lol but yeah I see ur point. I’m a bit old for the college pubs and clubs lol"

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

You're never too old, especially at 31

over a year ago

Don't see agression in his reply, your statement was a presumptuous and he explained why he can't accommodate

Not really...I was giving a reason why women may be put off. Married men "cannot accomodate" all the time. And, it read slightly aggressive towards me. If you don't think so thats cool."

I apologize if I did come across as aggressive that wasn’t my attention, jus letting u know y I couldn’t accomadate is all. But appreciate the feedback. Sorry again anyway

over a year ago

"I was on here for over a year with my Ex Wife as a couple and I'd say 95% messages were from single and married men. Now I'm on as a single person there's no replies back at all from Ladies I message and I understand that's certainly there decision and I respect it. However I do understand how hard it is for a single man to get started of on this as well."

I was jus ranting but it is tough. I’ll get some dishonest person that will ruin it for the rest of us.

over a year ago

"Sounds like you also need to get out.. Your In college man go to bars have fun...theres someone for everyone especially in limerick and fuck the neighbours make as much noise as you can your only young once

Lol yeah ur right. Tough to get out wen ur in college and working lol but yeah I see ur point. I’m a bit old for the college pubs and clubs lol

You're never too old, especially at 31"

Yeah ur dead right

over a year ago

You're never too old, especially at 31"

Too true.. but i suppose confidence if you haven't got it go get it and it's not all about sex.. At 31 have confidence in yourself and the rest should follow.. Not being nasty but I know a guy who is not the best looking and has a notable disability.. But I genuinely have never seen a more confident guy in my entire life and guess what.. Yep the Mrs is a stunner

over a year ago

Too true.. but i suppose confidence if you haven't got it go get it and it's not all about sex.. At 31 have confidence in yourself and the rest should follow.. Not being nasty but I know a guy who is not the best looking and has a notable disability.. But I genuinely have never seen a more confident guy in my entire life and guess what.. Yep the Mrs is a stunner"

I have confidence in fairness it’s not that I don’t jus I don’t get replies etc I can b quite cheeky wen I want. In a good way of course

over a year ago

Too true.. but i suppose confidence if you haven't got it go get it and it's not all about sex.. At 31 have confidence in yourself and the rest should follow.. Not being nasty but I know a guy who is not the best looking and has a notable disability.. But I genuinely have never seen a more confident guy in my entire life and guess what.. Yep the Mrs is a stunner

I have confidence in fairness it’s not that I don’t jus I don’t get replies etc I can b quite cheeky wen I want. In a good way of course"

Let the neighbours mind their own business. I wouldnt jump to conclussion that a guys matrued just cause they cant accomodate. I cant and ive never married , never even lived with a guy. Chatted to few guys here who cant accommodate either. Everyones personal situation is different so stick with it op.

over a year ago

I have confidence in fairness it’s not that I don’t jus I don’t get replies etc I can b quite cheeky wen I want. In a good way of course

Let the neighbours mind their own business. I wouldnt jump to conclussion that a guys matrued just cause they cant accomodate. I cant and ive never married , never even lived with a guy. Chatted to few guys here who cant accommodate either. Everyones personal situation is different so stick with it op."

Thank u. Means a lot. Thought I was in the wrong cos my circumstances and that I can’t accommodate. But have to admit there is good people on this site. Overwhelmed wit the advice etc

over a year ago

Let the neighbours mind their own business. I wouldnt jump to conclussion that a guys matrued just cause they cant accomodate. I cant and ive never married , never even lived with a guy. Chatted to few guys here who cant accommodate either. Everyones personal situation is different so stick with it op.

Thank u. Means a lot. Thought I was in the wrong cos my circumstances and that I can’t accommodate. But have to admit there is good people on this site. Overwhelmed wit the advice etc "

Excuse spelling lol

over a year ago

Thank u. Means a lot. Thought I was in the wrong cos my circumstances and that I can’t accommodate. But have to admit there is good people on this site. Overwhelmed wit the advice etc

Excuse spelling lol "

lol not to worry

over a year ago

Drinks invite with a few of here was sent and message deleted..Can't be that interested after all..

over a year ago

We don’t really talk so choose not to respond much like u deleting me few days ago.

over a year ago

"Drinks invite with a few of here was sent and message deleted..Can't be that interested after all.. "

Yeah that doesn't sound promising, if they were local.

over a year ago

"We don’t really talk so choose not to respond much like u deleting me few days ago. "
ya for that very reason.. We didn't talk no point having friends added .

over a year ago

"Drinks invite with a few of here was sent and message deleted..Can't be that interested after all..

Yeah that doesn't sound promising, if they were local."

I’m interested alright jus wit the right people.

over a year ago

"Drinks invite with a few of here was sent and message deleted..Can't be that interested after all..

Yeah that doesn't sound promising, if they were local."

makes no odds to me ..toys thrown outta pram comes too mind.. Onwards and upwards

over a year ago

"We don’t really talk so choose not to respond much like u deleting me few days ago. ya for that very reason.. We didn't talk no point having friends added ."

Ok then

over a year ago

"We don’t really talk so choose not to respond much like u deleting me few days ago. "

If you get an invite to a social, you're better off taking it, even if you're unsure of the people. No better way to figure people out than face to face, and if you don't get on there's no harm done. Better luck next time x

over a year ago

Long story. All good though. Jus wouldn’t put it up here

over a year ago

"If you get an invite to a social, you're better off taking it, even if you're unsure of the people. No better way to figure people out than face to face, and if you don't get on there's no harm done. Better luck next time x"

Still trying to setup a social myself or find one I can actually make it to.

over a year ago

"If you get an invite to a social, you're better off taking it, even if you're unsure of the people. No better way to figure people out than face to face, and if you don't get on there's no harm done. Better luck next time x

Still trying to setup a social myself or find one I can actually make it to."

No luck then??

over a year ago

"Long story. All good though. Jus wouldn’t put it up here "

No worries. Some things don't belong on a forum, and the fact that you know that too is another good sign on you

over a year ago

"Long story. All good though. Jus wouldn’t put it up here

No worries. Some things don't belong on a forum, and the fact that you know that too is another good sign on you "

My point exactly

over a year ago

Was only making a point that invite was given..

over a year ago

"Was only making a point that invite was given.."

Ok I appreciate the invite but no thanks. Best of luck with it

over a year ago

"Was only making a point that invite was given..

Ok I appreciate the invite but no thanks. Best of luck with it "

No problem

over a year ago

"Was only making a point that invite was given..

Ok I appreciate the invite but no thanks. Best of luck with it No problem "

Post new Message to Thread