Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Annoying- no show.

Jump to newest

By *un for fun. OP   Man
over a year ago

Co.Cork

It's very annoying when a meet is planned and then the lady doesn't show or message. All it takes is a message saying something came up but nothing. I've wasted time and petrol to get here and home for nothing. Rant over.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eductively_SweetWoman
over a year ago

wexford Dublin

happens to us all op.. dont let it get u down

By *un for fun. OP   Man
over a year ago

Co.Cork

You might come up and keep me company

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman
over a year ago

South Dub

Welcome to my world ! So many do that ! It takes one message that’s it! Totally infuriating

By *obby931000Man
over a year ago

new york city

Here here tonight this happened

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's very annoying when a meet is planned and then the lady doesn't show or message. All it takes is a message saying something came up but nothing. I've wasted time and petrol to get here and home for nothing. Rant over. "
sorry to hear that mate we all been there in life and fudge them there not worth getting upset over

By *un for fun. OP   Man
over a year ago

Co.Cork

Over it now but annoying at the time.

over a year ago

"Over it now but annoying at the time. "
I'm sure ya will find decent lady on this eventually then have wonderful time

By *obby931000Man
over a year ago

new york city

[Removed by poster at 17/11/17 23:10:14]

over a year ago

It happens to everyone.

We had three no shows last week. First one was mid-week. We advertised for a social meet.

We had a load of messages and one guy caught our interest. We agreed which bar we would meet in and agreed around 7ish.

We messaged him to say we would let him know when we were on our way.

He said he would be slightly late as he had only just finished work.

We sat in the bar a good bit then we messaged him to ask if he was coming, even attached a cleavage pic to tease him and show him what was waiting.

The cheeky bugger messaged back saying he was in another part of Belfast having a pint with a friend and would come round after.

So we had agreed on a place and time (around 7ish) and he thought it ok to just keep us waiting by going elsewhere for a pint with whoever. When it came to around half 9 we told him not to bother coming. In the end though it went in our favour as someone else came and met us at the last minute. He gave us a lift home after and we stopped for naughty car fun on the way.

Then last Saturday we advertised a social meet again. Got messages and one in particular we liked the look of. We chatted with him on Kik and arranged a bar and time. In the chat we had said we hoped he would turn up as we already had a flake a few days before.

He said (and I quote) "Nah, I'm not like that, I don't flake, if I say I'm gonna be somewhere then I am, don't worry".

Then he suddenly went quiet. We got to bar, sent him a few messages and..... nothing.

Put up another ad and a guy messaged us saying he would drive and meet us so we told him which bar etc and waited and then.....again....nothing... sent him a few messages and could see he had read them and still nothing, no reply.

Now this is the thing that really gets us. These people are the ones who message us first to say they are interested.

Firstly, why bother messaging us in first place to say they are interested if they are not going to show up.

Secondly, if they have already made an agreement to meet with you and then for whatever reason decide they aren't coming, why can't they take just one minute to text and say? Common courtesy surely? Even if they don't have a reason or excuse and decide they simply can't be arsed all they gotta do is say and then at least we know not to leave the house or waste our time.

It's not just a waste of time but also money.

By the time you pay a taxi into town and home again, buy drinks while sitting waiting you can easily be 50 or 60 quid down. You do that twice a week and it fairly adds up.

By *addubMan
over a year ago

dublin. 12

Totally agree no shows make it more difficult for genuine people to meet. I would rather meet at their local or somewhere Local to them & move on to another place after, that way if things don't work out no harm done & no expense to anyone. If nothing happens it's always nice to meet new people even if it's only for drink/chat. Also its safer especially if it's a single lady meeting a new guy. that's my opinion.

over a year ago

You can report people for time wasting, if you feel strongly enough about it.

over a year ago

"happens to us all op.. dont let it get u down "

No it doesn't

over a year ago

"happens to us all op.. dont let it get u down

No it doesn't "

Ahhhh but they don't all have beautiful balls

over a year ago

No it doesn't "

Never had a no show meet... Just last minute (two hours before the meet or same day) cancellations once or twice

over a year ago

"Totally agree no shows make it more difficult for genuine people to meet. I would rather meet at their local or somewhere Local to them & move on to another place after, that way if things don't work out no harm done & no expense to anyone. If nothing happens it's always nice to meet new people even if it's only for drink/chat. Also its safer especially if it's a single lady meeting a new guy. that's my opinion. "

Why is it safer?

over a year ago

Sometimes your better off OP I’m sure your over it

over a year ago

No it doesn't

Ahhhh but they don't all have beautiful balls "

I'm more than a pair of dangly baubles you know

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"You can report people for time wasting, if you feel strongly enough about it. "

if you made the arrangements via FAB. Problem is by the time that people are arranging meets, the conversation is generally by other mean. I'm wondering is there any benefit to confirming the meet u p on FAB

over a year ago

Thts nothing new on here OP

Get used too it. Only first of many, expect alot more. Sorry too say,

over a year ago

Be nice to even get an offer for a meet lol one day I hope

over a year ago

"Be nice to even get an offer for a meet lol one day I hope "
we can all dream

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

I wish i could even get as far as arranging a meet never mind not showing up

By *addubMan
over a year ago

dublin. 12

"Totally agree no shows make it more difficult for genuine people to meet. I would rather meet at their local or somewhere Local to them & move on to another place after, that way if things don't work out no harm done & no expense to anyone. If nothing happens it's always nice to meet new people even if it's only for drink/chat. Also its safer especially if it's a single lady meeting a new guy. that's my opinion.

Why is it safer?"

if it's in the lady's local area chances are she will know someone she can go to if it gets awkward. Safety first

By *un17Man
over a year ago

Ennis

At this stage I'd be actually surprised if someone showed up

over a year ago

"Be nice to even get an offer for a meet lol one day I hope we can all dream "

Always been a bit of a dreamer do dreams come true here?

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"Be nice to even get an offer for a meet lol one day I hope we can all dream

Always been a bit of a dreamer do dreams come true here? "

This is the land of broken dreams.......

over a year ago

Always been a bit of a dreamer do dreams come true here? "

they do yes, just takes patience.and alot of charm

By *heVirginianMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"It's very annoying when a meet is planned and then the lady doesn't show or message. All it takes is a message saying something came up but nothing. I've wasted time and petrol to get here and home for nothing. Rant over. "

Happened to me this week and not for the first time. You are dead on, it is annoying and happens too often. Fingers crossed that neither of our next meets cancel!

over a year ago

Always been a bit of a dreamer do dreams come true here? they do yes, just takes patience.and alot of charm "

Who can resist a bit of charm eh?

over a year ago

Always been a bit of a dreamer do dreams come true here? they do yes, just takes patience.and alot of charm

Who can resist a bit of charm eh? "

over a year ago

No respect TBH .

over a year ago

Have had a few girls and couples no showed or last min cancelations.. once or twice even had hotel as had traveled so far..

Its pig ignorant but thats fab unfort .luckily theres more good than bad on here;)

over a year ago

Why wukd you bother chat and connect with someone,arrange to meet then dont turn up,i really dont get that.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Well I had a few messers and that's why I prefer a regular friend .

By *un for fun. OP   Man
over a year ago

Co.Cork

The meet was arranged for a venue close to her, I messaged her after to see if something came up (benefit of the doubt) and she read the the message and never replied. I've had other meets but when you travel and put in the effort to meet up and meet a blank it's annoying. Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

Post new Message to Thread