Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

New to region

Jump to newest

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

We are an English couple recently arrived to this area

We have made a couple of errors already . Any tips as to chat room, forum and good meet venues

We have a fair bit of experience but are new to fab

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

What kind of errors? Sometimes it more to do with the person or people your dealing with than yourselves!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

New to Ireland? ? You've upset the natives already ??

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

"New to Ireland? ? You've upset the natives already ?? "
Shur there's years of history of that Sally

over a year ago

"We are an English couple recently arrived to this area

We have made a couple of errors already . Any tips as to chat room, forum and good meet venues

We have a fair bit of experience but are new to fab "

Hope you both settle in soon. It's hard to get used to living somewhere new.

over a year ago

"New to Ireland? ? You've upset the natives already ?? Shur there's years of history of that Sally "

Ahhh where do we start

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

"New to Ireland? ? You've upset the natives already ?? Shur there's years of history of that Sally

Ahhh where do we start "

Well it was 1649 and.... lets not mention potatoes!

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

One on folks .. advise us

over a year ago

"New to Ireland? ? You've upset the natives already ?? Shur there's years of history of that Sally

Ahhh where do we start

Well it was 1649 and.... lets not mention potatoes! "

Is there any need for this?

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

Ahhh where do we start

Its just light hearted... have we not come far enough to not enjoy a bit of a laugh. No offence is intended or expressed!!!

Is there any need for this? "

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

Ahhh where do we start

Its just light hearted... have we not come far enough to not enjoy a bit of a laugh. No offence is intended or expressed!!!

over a year ago

Ahhh where do we start

Its just light hearted... have we not come far enough to not enjoy a bit of a laugh. No offence is intended or expressed!!!"

Maybe you've come far enough, but that doesn't mean everybody has, and it's not, in my opinion, a very welcoming type of post to people who have expressed that it's hard to settle somewhere else.

over a year ago

Ahhh where do we start

Sally in fairness it was a bit of banter. Nothing nasty was intended. I think you can trust most adults to self regulate.

To the couple we were pulling your leg and I'm not to far from you if you need advise pm me

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

Ahhh where do we start

Sally in fairness it was a bit of banter. Nothing nasty was intended. I think you can trust most adults to self regulate.

To the couple we were pulling your leg and I'm not to far from you if you need advise pm me "

We have thick skin...lol

Where are you Time wise from moira ?

over a year ago

Ahhh where do we start

To the couple we were pulling your leg and I'm not to far from you if you need advise pm me

We have thick skin...lol

Where are you Time wise from moira ?"

Glad for the thick skin I'll tell you privately if you don't mind. I don't give personal details here. Just give people time once the locals see you as can genuine nice couple things will settle. Get involved gradually with your community

over a year ago

"We have thick skin...lol"

Glad to hear it, you're going to need it. I don't usually get offended on other people's behalf, I just thought the comments were unnecessary. I'll shut up now

over a year ago

Ahhh where do we start

Its just light hearted... have we not come far enough to not enjoy a bit of a laugh. No offence is intended or expressed!!!"

It's just a bit old.

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

"We have thick skin...lol

Glad to hear it, you're going to need it. I don't usually get offended on other people's behalf, I just thought the comments were unnecessary. I'll shut up now "

Please don’t shut up

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

And they wonder why people don't participate in forum conversations! Far too serious sonetimes ppl.

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Ahhh where do we start

It's just a bit old."

..368 years old..

.humour has once again departed fabland i see..

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

Ahhh where do we start

It's just a bit old.

..368 years old..

.humour has once again departed fabland i see.. "

Haha exactly

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

Lighten up folks

We are not offended by any of the comments here . I can see both sides of above conversation but hey it’s a swinger site ..lol

Make love not war

Maria

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

"Lighten up folks

We are not offended by any of the comments here . I can see both sides of above conversation but hey it’s a swinger site ..lol

Make love not war

Maria "

Thanks Maria... i only mean to have a laugh and a light hearted banter... we are all grown up here after all (some would argue this fact occasionally) It actually proves my point from my first reply... it very much depends on the people you guys are dealing with. Its not always you thats making errors... it can be how things are perceved or taken out of context or even just your unfortunate to meet someone on an off day and you get the sharp end of their ignorance! Hope you guys have lots of good memories not just on here but in you new area

over a year ago

Glad to hear it, you're going to need it. I don't usually get offended on other people's behalf, I just thought the comments were unnecessary. I'll shut up now "

I don't find it offensive, I just find the 'banter' insufferably annoying. Instant hijacking of a thread

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Glad to hear it, you're going to need it. I don't usually get offended on other people's behalf, I just thought the comments were unnecessary. I'll shut up now

I don't find it offensive, I just find the 'banter' insufferably annoying. Instant hijacking of a thread"

Don't ever change Bananaman, not for anyone.

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

We have a fair bit of experience but are new to fab "

Well the forums are minefield so its easy to feel like putting a foot wrong. Mostly a few groups or 'clicks' who band together frim thread to thread. Just be yourself... but be prepared to be ignored or put down at their discretion.

over a year ago

I don't find it offensive, I just find the 'banter' insufferably annoying. Instant hijacking of a thread

Don't ever change Bananaman, not for anyone."

A change is as good as a rest.

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

Well the forums are minefield so its easy to feel like putting a foot wrong. Mostly a few groups or 'clicks' who band together frim thread to thread. Just be yourself... but be prepared to be ignored or put down at their discretion."

This is not our first rodeo and we see the cliques and groups . We have watched the forum and chat rooms for a few weeks now . We seek quality not quantity and have pin pointed a lady to meet with a friend she has . They are both under the radar and that’s what we seek ...

By *andomCaptainMan
over a year ago

Roscommon

Well the forums are minefield so its easy to feel like putting a foot wrong. Mostly a few groups or 'clicks' who band together frim thread to thread. Just be yourself... but be prepared to be ignored or put down at their discretion.

This is not our first rodeo and we see the cliques and groups . We have watched the forum and chat rooms for a few weeks now . We seek quality not quantity and have pin pointed a lady to meet with a friend she has . They are both under the radar and that’s what we seek ..."

One word... Result

That's how i like it too... as the saying goes 'its the quiet ones you have to watch'

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

This is not our first rodeo and we see the cliques and groups . We have watched the forum and chat rooms for a few weeks now . We seek quality not quantity and have pin pointed a lady to meet with a friend she has . They are both under the radar and that’s what we seek ..."

Welcome and yes it can be volatile here . Things can kick off over very little. All bloodsports are fully legal here. There's no shortage of passive aggression either. That said, the craic can be good at times if you can hold your own. Some good conversations and whole lot of shite to go with it.

over a year ago

Would you mind me asking if the cliques and groups as you put it, are any worse or less, in your experience, across the pond?

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

This is not our first rodeo and we see the cliques and groups . We have watched the forum and chat rooms for a few weeks now . We seek quality not quantity and have pin pointed a lady to meet with a friend she has . They are both under the radar and that’s what we seek ...

Would you mind me asking if the cliques and groups as you put it, are any worse or less, in your experience, across the pond?"

The smaller the pond the more aggressive the fish ....England is a large pond so fish can move to another shoal as often as they like . There is not that luxury here I feel . Fall out of favour and pickings are poor . We will cherry pick and see how we get on . We will return home 5 or 6 times per year and will prob seek out old friends when there if we don’t find the fun here

over a year ago

Would you mind me asking if the cliques and groups as you put it, are any worse or less, in your experience, across the pond?

The smaller the pond the more aggressive the fish ....England is a large pond so fish can move to another shoal as often as they like . There is not that luxury here I feel . Fall out of favour and pickings are poor . We will cherry pick and see how we get on . We will return home 5 or 6 times per year and will prob seek out old friends when there if we don’t find the fun here "

I'm not so sure about that, I take your analogy, I'm sure we will get the opportunity to converse more about the topic. And welcome by the way

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

Hello biguy and maybe we will take part in the odd debate here

I enjoy an intelligent conversation .

To add another item to the above... as this is a smaller area and less fabbers hygiene and discretion must be paramount .

over a year ago

"Hello biguy and maybe we will take part in the odd debate here

I enjoy an intelligent conversation .

To add another item to the above... as this is a smaller area and less fabbers hygiene and discretion must be paramount . "

Indeed, but as a starting point we must compare like with like... I'm quite sure you guys can smell the bull coming around the corner as for intelligent conversation, have you not seen my contribution here

By *ugarandspice101Couple
over a year ago

Belfast

"Lighten up folks

Make love not war

Maria

Welcome to Fab and uhhh.....Ireland

Sugar x

"

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

"Lighten up folks

Make love not war

Maria

Welcome to Fab and uhhh.....Ireland

Sugar x

"

Thank you spice

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"

Welcome to ........Ireland

"

Depending on how brexit goes, we could be hearing this phrase more often.

over a year ago

Welcome guys x

By *bout us OP   Couple
over a year ago

dungannon

"Welcome guys x"

Thanks

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

Ahhh where do we start

never saw humour genocide myself

Post new Message to Thread