Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Irish radio talk shows.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who do you listen to and why ?

I listen to Niall Boylan on classic hits a few times a week. I like that he will engage in controversial topics. He isn't afraid to bring on people with extreme views. My criticisms are some topics are often repeated and it can be same callers on a variety of topics. I tune into a couple of podcasts from the states but that's a topic for another day.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I just listen to radio shows for addictive music. Feic politics etc

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Newstalk mostly

The off the ball team are a great laugh

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Newstalk mostly

The off the ball team are a great laugh "

Off the ball is an excellent show although I haven't heard it in ages.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Who do you listen to and why ?

I listen to Niall Boylan on classic hits a few times a week. I like that he will engage in controversial topics. He isn't afraid to bring on people with extreme views. My criticisms are some topics are often repeated and it can be same callers on a variety of topics. I tune into a couple of podcasts from the states but that's a topic for another day. "

The reason it's the same callers is that the producers ring around the same cranks and whingebags looking for some outrage whenever they think they can generate some noise.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Who do you listen to and why ?

I listen to Niall Boylan on classic hits a few times a week. I like that he will engage in controversial topics. He isn't afraid to bring on people with extreme views. My criticisms are some topics are often repeated and it can be same callers on a variety of topics. I tune into a couple of podcasts from the states but that's a topic for another day. "

A bit similar to the forums then

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Newstalk mostly

The off the ball team are a great laugh

Off the ball is an excellent show although I haven't heard it in ages. "

Iv switched over to 104 a couple of times when its ended sweet mother of god

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

morning ireland on rte1..then i switch over to newstalk to listen to pat kenny..I listened to paul williams on newstalk breakfast and he annoyed me never again..same goes for tubridy very annoying..used to listen to adrian kennedy on fm104 but think hes gone this years?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love Newstalk- Off the Ball, Moncrieff and The Hard Shoulder but can't stand Paul Williams in the morning. He bumbles through interviews and is just an all round Grade A idiot.

Have always enjoyed Ronán Mac Aodha Bhuí on RnaG as well but I'd say I'm very much in the minority on that one

By *ippcoupe2Couple
over a year ago

cahir/cashel

dont listen to newstalk before 2pm. all the presenters just tow the right wing line of Dennis O Brien.... If they go against his business mentality and affiliation to Fine geal, they wont get their slots in his so called newspapers .Look at the line up P williams, P Kenny,Ciara kelly and the obnoxious ivan yeats Come to that none are real journalist but only columnists with a one sided view. so much for independent media "my arse"

whatever happened to hard line investigative journalism.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

rant over

Post new Message to Thread