Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Black Mirror

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anybody watching, I know it’s been out for a while but what’s people’s thoughts on how it’s portrays how technology effecting our lives. Watched Ep 3 from Season 3 last night, scary!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I watched a few but thought it was awful shite in fairness.

over a year ago

"I watched a few but thought it was awful shite in fairness.

"

Some I agree have been shite. But some are brilliant. A throw back to tales of the unexpected.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I watched the first one and wondered all the way through how anyone could find the idea plausible. I fell asleep during the second one. I might give it another go but it would want to improve.

over a year ago

"I watched the first one and wondered all the way through how anyone could find the idea plausible. I fell asleep during the second one. I might give it another go but it would want to improve. "

Seasons 2 & 3 are much better. Try season 2.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I watched the first one and wondered all the way through how anyone could find the idea plausible. I fell asleep during the second one. I might give it another go but it would want to improve.

Seasons 2 & 3 are much better. Try season 2. "

I was thinking of doing that as there doesn't seem to be a connection between the different episodes. Am I correct about that?

over a year ago

"I watched the first one and wondered all the way through how anyone could find the idea plausible. I fell asleep during the second one. I might give it another go but it would want to improve.

I was thinking of doing that as there doesn't seem to be a connection between the different episodes. Am I correct about that? "

Yes you are right, each episode is a stand alone program no connection.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I was thinking of doing that as there doesn't seem to be a connection between the different episodes. Am I correct about that?

Yes you are right, each episode is a stand alone program no connection. "

Excellent, I'll give it a lash at the weekend perhaps.

over a year ago

Scary how close to reality some of the stories around technology are!!!

over a year ago

"Scary how close to reality some of the stories around technology are!!! "

Episode 3 of season 3, that was scary!! Watch it!

By *lex221Man
over a year ago

Waterford

First season was great, the other two wernt as good. But still a decent watch. Charlie brooker is very good

By *oisyoctopusWoman
over a year ago

Drogheda

San Junipero is one of the most beautiful bits of storytelling. I laugh and cry and my heart fills up with joy, every time.

over a year ago

"San Junipero is one of the most beautiful bits of storytelling. I laugh and cry and my heart fills up with joy, every time. "

I just watched that last night and had tears in my eyes at the end, truly a great story and well told. Maybe that’s where all our futures lie.

over a year ago

Watched the first series but couldn't really get into it

over a year ago

"I watched the first one and wondered all the way through how anyone could find the idea plausible. I fell asleep during the second one. I might give it another go but it would want to improve. "

Some stuff is implausible, but hey wasn't it David Cameron that had a pig scandal come out years after the first episode aired originally

over a year ago

I was hoping Charlie Brooker would take over writing Dr Who!! Black Mirror was a Great series and a great writer.

over a year ago

I think its a very good show! And pretty much most of the concepts they do are very plausible these days!!

The very first Ep with the prime minister is gas!

I thought some of the better ones were the Augmented reality one and the Xmas special.

Only realised the other day that "Black Mirror" is referring to your phone screen!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I think its a very good show! And pretty much most of the concepts they do are very plausible these days!!

I thought some of the better ones were the Augmented reality one and the Xmas special.

Only realised the other day that "Black Mirror" is referring to your phone screen! "

I can't agree that the first episode is plausible at all.

over a year ago

"I think its a very good show! And pretty much most of the concepts they do are very plausible these days!!

Only realised the other day that "Black Mirror" is referring to your phone screen!

I can't agree that the first episode is plausible at all. "

Not so much the first one no haha!

But alot of the technological episodes are. A lot of that technology already exits.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I can't agree that the first episode is plausible at all.

Not so much the first one no haha!

But alot of the technological episodes are. A lot of that technology already exits."

I need to go back and start again. I fell asleep to early in the second one to make a judgement. It was the exercise bikes that did it!

over a year ago

"San Junipero is one of the most beautiful bits of storytelling. I laugh and cry and my heart fills up with joy, every time. "

100% - probably the greatest black mirror episode !

over a year ago

"San Junipero is one of the most beautiful bits of storytelling. I laugh and cry and my heart fills up with joy, every time.

100% - probably the greatest black mirror episode ! "

Is the kinda Heaven one?

over a year ago

"San Junipero is one of the most beautiful bits of storytelling. I laugh and cry and my heart fills up with joy, every time.

Is the kinda Heaven one?"

Yeah it’s the one set in the 80s etc - don’t want to give it away

over a year ago

Is the kinda Heaven one?

Yeah it’s the one set in the 80s etc - don’t want to give it away "

Yeah that ones brilliant!

Post new Message to Thread