Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Is it an Irish Thing ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am curious. I have noticed recently that there are so many smart was replies and rude nasty comments on forums here.. Is this now the norm??????

I work very hard like mist here and it can be stressful, to me thus is a place for unwinding and light hearted chat, but why are there so many negative bitchy comments on forums here... please before you comment... think....

It's very unfortable seeing people attacked here because you just feel like saying something for the sake if it.. Just an observation that gets on my nerves.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ain4uWoman
over a year ago

dublin

Agreed...

over a year ago

Wish this had spell check and I could edit

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

If you think people are getting attacked here you should have a look at the politics forum sometime.

It's not an Irish thing.

over a year ago

Smart ass... not smart was.. What is it that my phone won't swear.. when was ass a swear word anyway. ??

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Smart ass... not smart was.. What is it that my phone won't swear.. when was ass a swear word anyway. ?? "

Uncomfortable was the one I noticed. Don't worry, people will figure it out.

over a year ago

The thing is, it's so hard to relax on this irish forum because of people who belittle others. Some people are afraid to post or comment, it reminds me of school yard bullies..... I detest bullies and have zero tolerance for them...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The thing is, it's so hard to relax on this irish forum because of people who belittle others. Some people are afraid to post or comment, it reminds me of school yard bullies..... I detest bullies and have zero tolerance for them...

"

over a year ago

"Smart ass... not smart was.. What is it that my phone won't swear.. when was ass a swear word anyway. ??

Uncomfortable was the one I noticed. Don't worry, people will figure it out. "

Well spotted.. sure you will find alot more. But as you said... sure people will figure it out

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

You certainly need a thick skin but that's the way with all debating/public speaking as well. There'll always be an element of bullying as some people are bullies by nature but I often feel it's overstated here.

over a year ago

"The thing is, it's so hard to relax on this irish forum because of people who belittle others. Some people are afraid to post or comment, it reminds me of school yard bullies..... I detest bullies and have zero tolerance for them...

"

Could you please point out of these 'bullying' threads please? Because I never see them

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

"

Spot on.

Same smart ass people.

A lot of fellas seem to jump on other fellas in what looks like an attempt to impress the women.

White knights is what they're called here i think?

Or dopes.

over a year ago

"You certainly need a thick skin but that's the way with all debating/public speaking as well. There'll always be an element of bullying as some people are bullies by nature but I often feel it's overstated here. "

True but it's hard to see people wanting to post and afraid to

People can have opinions without been ignorant behind a keyboard. Do you think ?

Possibly I am overreacting but I feel strongly about it..

over a year ago

People are more brave speaking their minds when not face to face with someone

Anyway English forum are worse !!

over a year ago

I see that so regular. Some people can't see that trend on the forum. Is it to impress do you think though ?

Spot on.

Same smart ass people.

A lot of fellas seem to jump on other fellas in what looks like an attempt to impress the women.

White knights is what they're called here i think?

Or dopes."

over a year ago

"People are more brave speaking their minds when not face to face with someone

Anyway English forum are worse !!"

That's true.

I never looked at the English forum.. guess it's not an Irish Thing so... That's a food thing at least

By *loriajonCouple
over a year ago

near u

By *andsomeman100Man
over a year ago

Ah sure now...

Change your phone!!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"You certainly need a thick skin but that's the way with all debating/public speaking as well. There'll always be an element of bullying as some people are bullies by nature but I often feel it's overstated here.

True but it's hard to see people wanting to post and afraid to

People can have opinions without been ignorant behind a keyboard. Do you think ?

Possibly I am overreacting but I feel strongly about it.."

The numbers posting don't seem to vary that much over the years. People come and go all the time. As I've said before, the forum is practically sterile compared to what it was three or four years ago yet still some think it's a new trend. It's most definitely not.

over a year ago

I find it very annoying when you start a thread and a few comedians make fun of you.And you will find the same few on nearly every thread.

over a year ago

"I find it very annoying when you start a thread and a few comedians make fun of you.And you will find the same few on nearly every thread."

That's my point, imagine how good the forum would be without that. And how many more single ladies would start a post without this. Oh and guys

over a year ago

"I find it very annoying when you start a thread and a few comedians make fun of you.And you will find the same few on nearly every thread.

That's my point, imagine how good the forum would be without that. And how many more single ladies would start a post without this. Oh and guys "

Maybe people should only be allowed post on a certain amount of threads in one day.Stop the same people taking over every thread.

over a year ago

"I find it very annoying when you start a thread and a few comedians make fun of you.And you will find the same few on nearly every thread.

That's my point, imagine how good the forum would be without that. And how many more single ladies would start a post without this. Oh and guys Maybe people should only be allowed post on a certain amount of threads in one day.Stop the same people taking over every thread."

And what is the magic number that people are allowed to post?

over a year ago

That's my point, imagine how good the forum would be without that. And how many more single ladies would start a post without this. Oh and guys Maybe people should only be allowed post on a certain amount of threads in one day.Stop the same people taking over every thread.

And what is the magic number that people are allowed to post?"

Oh I don't know maybe 5 or 6 should be enough for most people don't you think.

over a year ago

That's my point, imagine how good the forum would be without that. And how many more single ladies would start a post without this. Oh and guys Maybe people should only be allowed post on a certain amount of threads in one day.Stop the same people taking over every thread.

And what is the magic number that people are allowed to post? Oh I don't know maybe 5 or 6 should be enough for most people don't you think."

Thats you fooked lol

over a year ago

And what is the magic number that people are allowed to post? Oh I don't know maybe 5 or 6 should be enough for most people don't you think.

Thats you fooked lol"

Ah don't think so be quite happy with that.

By *ain4uWoman
over a year ago

dublin

Could you please point out of these 'bullying' threads please? Because I never see them"

Bahahahaha hahaha good one

over a year ago

As someone has already highlighted on the thread, I don't see any bullying, none that's tolerated by people for too long, moderators are here to moderate, and by and far its a descent job they do, everyone here has their own way and style of going about getting what they seek here, I think it works just fine for me, and I'm not asking anyone here to change because I might get irritated, or get pissed off with another boobie thread going up, such is life.

over a year ago

Anyway English forum are worse !!"

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"As someone has already highlighted on the thread, I don't see any bullying, none that's tolerated by people for too long, moderators are here to moderate, and by and far its a descent job they do, everyone here has their own way and style of going about getting what they seek here, I think it works just fine for me, and I'm not asking anyone here to change because I might get irritated, or get pissed off with another boobie thread going up, such is life."

Boobs... (•)(•)

over a year ago

Could you please point out of these 'bullying' threads please? Because I never see them

Bahahahaha hahaha good one "

Not able to point one out then?

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The forum is always an up and down, sometimes it's more lively and sometimes it's rather boring like at present. If any the forum has become more tame than it was as some smarties on here feel the need to report every fart.

Beside that I think the trick is not too take anything too seriously on here, bring in some sense of humour, have the ability to laugh about yourself, enjoy the colourful characters and yes toughen up a bit.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"The forum is always an up and down, sometimes it's more lively and sometimes it's rather boring like at present. If any the forum has become more tame than it was as some smarties on here feel the need to report every fart.

Beside that I think the trick is not too take anything too seriously on here, bring in some sense of humour, have the ability to laugh about yourself, enjoy the colourful characters and yes toughen up a bit. "

go on ya good thing....

over a year ago

"The forum is always an up and down, sometimes it's more lively and sometimes it's rather boring like at present. If any the forum has become more tame than it was as some smarties on here feel the need to report every fart.

Beside that I think the trick is not too take anything too seriously on here, bring in some sense of humour, have the ability to laugh about yourself, enjoy the colourful characters and yes toughen up a bit. "

Thems wise words.... couldn't agree more

over a year ago

Anyway English forum are worse !!

That's true.

I never looked at the English forum.. guess it's not an Irish Thing so... That's a food thing at least "

I left the irish forums and moved to the English ones for the very reason you mentioned in your OP. I'd disagree with previous comment that English forums is worse. The Irish have the crown.... particularly the women.

However I would like to mention that didn't you do something similar in a recent post about money for sex? A few similar thinkers saw your comment as funny but there were some who didn't. ....and this is unfortunately hoe most forums roll.

I am like you a detest bullying and tried to stand up against it for a long time....made some enemies as a result but made some very good friends. However I gave up as there were so few on her that actually seemed to care whether others were bullied just as long as it didn't happen to themselves or their friends which i found bit double standard.

That how it is here unfortunately.

over a year ago

Yes there's one guy in particular who only ever says smart things to the guys posting and hes biggest lick arse/white knight on here so obvious to what hes trying to do I just ignore him now when he gets smart with me lol

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

"

Couldn't agree more

over a year ago

^^^^

over a year ago

"You certainly need a thick skin but that's the way with all debating/public speaking as well. There'll always be an element of bullying as some people are bullies by nature but I often feel it's overstated here. "

And one person's banter is another person's bullying.

Same with all online interaction, don't take anything too seriously and you'll be grand

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Well said DH.

It's words on a screen. Don't let it get to you and don't let the nasty one's get in your head. Add a bit of humour and it kill's them.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I detest bullies" has been said more than once but does anyone actually like bullying? One of the problems is that we all have different ideas as to what constitutes bullying. There are cases where there is no debate as it's quite clear what's going on but I've seen cases where people twist what someone has said in order to make it look like something else. There are even cases where the supposed victim is the actual bully themselves. Having said that, I still feel it's overstated here.

over a year ago

""I detest bullies" has been said more than once but does anyone actually like bullying? One of the problems is that we all have different ideas as to what constitutes bullying. There are cases where there is no debate as it's quite clear what's going on but I've seen cases where people twist what someone has said in order to make it look like something else. There are even cases where the supposed victim is the actual bully themselves. Having said that, I still feel it's overstated here. "

over a year ago

""I detest bullies" has been said more than once but does anyone actually like bullying? One of the problems is that we all have different ideas as to what constitutes bullying. There are cases where there is no debate as it's quite clear what's going on but I've seen cases where people twist what someone has said in order to make it look like something else. There are even cases where the supposed victim is the actual bully themselves. Having said that, I still feel it's overstated here. "

I couldn't agree more

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I think the word Bullying is overused and sadly often inappropriately applied. This actually weakens the term and the cause to fight proper bullying.

A sharp, mean or rude comment, a dispute or discussion, differentiating in opinion and even an occasional bitching remark or name calling isn't bullying.

over a year ago

"I think the word Bullying is overused and sadly often inappropriately applied. This actually weakens the term and the cause to fight proper bullying.

A sharp, mean or rude comment, a dispute or discussion, differentiating in opinion and even an occasional bitching remark or name calling isn't bullying. "

And its often others getting offended on the 'bullied' persons behalf. Stirring the pot

over a year ago

"I think the word Bullying is overused and sadly often inappropriately applied. This actually weakens the term and the cause to fight proper bullying.

A sharp, mean or rude comment, a dispute or discussion, differentiating in opinion and even an occasional bitching remark or name calling isn't bullying.

And its often others getting offended on the 'bullied' persons behalf. Stirring the pot"

You don't stir an empty pot.

over a year ago

And its often others getting offended on the 'bullied' persons behalf. Stirring the pot You don't stir an empty pot."

mmmmmm, that's debatable

over a year ago

And its often others getting offended on the 'bullied' persons behalf. Stirring the pot You don't stir an empty pot.

mmmmmm, that's debatable "

Highly

over a year ago

Us as Irish have very peculiar manners and humour, we also speak in riddles and sometimes make statements that in that statement it's not about what is said but more importantly what is not said and also statements that are the total opposite of what we are actually saying.

Hence why Sigmund Freud said the Irish are the only people impervious to psychoanalysis.

We can also be very harsh and cutting.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Us as Irish have very peculiar manners and humour, we also speak in riddles and sometimes make statements that in that statement it's not about what is said but more importantly what is not said and also statements that are the total opposite of what we are actually saying.

Hence why Sigmund Freud said the Irish are the only people impervious to psychoanalysis.

We can also be very harsh and cutting."

So you're saying we're neither harsh nor cutting? cool!

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Us as Irish have very peculiar manners and humour, we also speak in riddles and sometimes make statements that in that statement it's not about what is said but more importantly what is not said and also statements that are the total opposite of what we are actually saying.

So you're saying we're neither harsh nor cutting? cool! "

It's called Reverse psychology.

over a year ago

And its often others getting offended on the 'bullied' persons behalf. Stirring the pot You don't stir an empty pot.

mmmmmm, that's debatable

Highly "

The Irish forums pot is always full.You just got to know whose the spoon and whose the stew.

By *ust4funcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Moira

I agree OP.. So many negative comments and people always being offended or disgusted by someone else's fetish or fantasy.. People need to just have fun and some craic

over a year ago

"I agree OP.. So many negative comments and people always being offended or disgusted by someone else's fetish or fantasy.. People need to just have fun and some craic "

over a year ago

mmmmmm, that's debatable

Highly The Irish forums pot is always full.You just got to know whose the spoon and whose the stew."

Im well.familiar with me cutlery, im sick putting them in the disheasher

over a year ago

"

It's so off putting asking for genuine advice to see how bitchy some people's comments can be. I think the best we can do is try not to rise to the negative comments fueling the fire but instead promote a better atmosphere here by only responding to the genuine and positive posts

By *easingtessWoman
over a year ago

waterford

It's so off putting asking for genuine advice to see how bitchy some people's comments can be. I think the best we can do is try not to rise to the negative comments fueling the fire but instead promote a better atmosphere here by only responding to the genuine and positive posts "

Totally agree. Just ignore the comments that are trying to get a rise out of people

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

There are a lot of fakes on here for one reason or another. Some for their own weird reasons, some just to stir trouble. One thing they have in common is their sad lives.

over a year ago

"There are a lot of fakes on here for one reason or another. Some for their own weird reasons, some just to stir trouble. One thing they have in common is their sad lives. "

^^^^^

over a year ago

"There are a lot of fakes on here for one reason or another. Some for their own weird reasons, some just to stir trouble. One thing they have in common is their sad lives.

^^^^^ "

A lotty lotty fakes on here these days... makes me laugh.

over a year ago

It's called Reverse psychology. "

This it is

over a year ago

"There are a lot of fakes on here for one reason or another. Some for their own weird reasons, some just to stir trouble. One thing they have in common is their sad lives.

^^^^^

A lotty lotty fakes on here these days... makes me laugh. "

Almost spat my mouthful of water out there

A Lotty fakes indeed!

over a year ago

^^^^^

A Lotty fakes indeed! "

over a year ago

^^^^^

A Lotty fakes indeed! "

over a year ago

^^^^^

And they think nobody will notice or figure them out. A lotty dumb schmucks can't understand that pics put up on a profile may be easily recognised a fortnight later on a completely new profile....if there was a law then it would be against it!!

A Lotty fakes indeed!

"

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Pmsl......

over a year ago

I get inside jokes

Am I in a clique now?

over a year ago

"I am curious. I have noticed recently that there are so many smart was replies and rude nasty comments on forums here.. Is this now the norm??????

I work very hard like mist here and it can be stressful, to me thus is a place for unwinding and light hearted chat, but why are there so many negative bitchy comments on forums here... please before you comment... think....

It's very unfortable seeing people attacked here because you just feel like saying something for the sake if it.. Just an observation that gets on my nerves. "

Im not sure why you get so many negative and bitchy comments on the forum, I suppose each have their own reasons, and ways of getting their opinions across here. I must say though I find with the guys they generally tend to be a bit more direct, confrontational even, which is not a bad thing...id prefer to see the enemy coming haha

over a year ago

"I am curious. I have noticed recently that there are so many smart was replies and rude nasty comments on forums here.. Is this now the norm??????

It's very unfortable seeing people attacked here because you just feel like saying something for the sake if it.. Just an observation that gets on my nerves.

Im not sure why you get so many negative and bitchy comments on the forum, I suppose each have their own reasons, and ways of getting their opinions across here. I must say though I find with the guys they generally tend to be a bit more direct, confrontational even, which is not a bad thing...id prefer to see the enemy coming haha"

I find it very hard to believe a sweet boy like yourself would have any enemies.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

"I get inside jokes

Am I in a clique now?"

I got it too but hoping im not classed as in the "clique". I was actually laughing how ironic it was as the thread is about bitchy and nasty comments on the irish forums

over a year ago

Im not sure why you get so many negative and bitchy comments on the forum, I suppose each have their own reasons, and ways of getting their opinions across here. I must say though I find with the guys they generally tend to be a bit more direct, confrontational even, which is not a bad thing...id prefer to see the enemy coming haha I find it very hard to believe a sweet boy like yourself would have any enemies. "

Are you always an idiot or are you just showing off in front of me

By *pforit74Man
over a year ago

a secluded seaside cottage, ballybunion,

"I agree OP.. So many negative comments and people always being offended or disgusted by someone else's fetish or fantasy.. People need to just have fun and some craic "

over a year ago

Im not sure why you get so many negative and bitchy comments on the forum, I suppose each have their own reasons, and ways of getting their opinions across here. I must say though I find with the guys they generally tend to be a bit more direct, confrontational even, which is not a bad thing...id prefer to see the enemy coming haha I find it very hard to believe a sweet boy like yourself would have any enemies.

Are you always an idiot or are you just showing off in front of me "

I just get very nervous when your around and I get a tingle in my jingle.

over a year ago

Im not sure why you get so many negative and bitchy comments on the forum, I suppose each have their own reasons, and ways of getting their opinions across here. I must say though I find with the guys they generally tend to be a bit more direct, confrontational even, which is not a bad thing...id prefer to see the enemy coming haha I find it very hard to believe a sweet boy like yourself would have any enemies.

Are you always an idiot or are you just showing off in front of me I just get very nervous when your around and I get a tingle in my jingle. "

I was only thinking about you, which reminds me I have to put the rubbish out

over a year ago

Are you always an idiot or are you just showing off in front of me I just get very nervous when your around and I get a tingle in my jingle.

I was only thinking about you, which reminds me I have to put the rubbish out "

Bet you want me to pop right out of your binbag.

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

This it is "

or is it?

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

This it is

or is it? "

Ooooooooooo...

over a year ago

A sharp, mean or rude comment, a dispute or discussion, differentiating in opinion and even an occasional bitching remark or name calling isn't bullying. "

Agree... However many do not know or realise that often that sharp comment isn't a stand alone comment which at first it appears. We al need to look more at why it was said....the reciever may have had regular sharp comments from that person on different threads and feel know the history.

I feel the problem isn't with the bullies but rather the way most here bury their heads with it and say ... 'it's not my issues'. They're the main problem to bullying because they have the power to stamp it out and actually change the face if the forum. It continues so much because it's rarely challenged.

I'm part of that problem as I gave up challenging it because of lack of support against it....so I just moved to UK forum instead. Much bigger, less cliquey and can have many good debates before any such thing starts to happen. I've noticed over there is easier to spot too as most are less tolerant to it. Here there's a good few who have been around years with same profile ..... that kinda implies that it's accepted as part of the course rather than people standing together against it. I'm sure others will disagree though.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Agree... However many do not know or realise that often that sharp comment isn't a stand alone comment which at first it appears. We al need to look more at why it was said....the reciever may have had regular sharp comments from that person on different threads and feel know the history.

I feel the problem isn't with the bullies but rather the way most here bury their heads with it and say ... 'it's not my issues'. They're the main problem to bullying because they have the power to stamp it out and actually change the face if the forum. It continues so much because it's rarely challenged.

I'm part of that problem as I gave up challenging it because of lack of support against it....so I just moved to UK forum instead. Much bigger, less cliquey and can have many good debates before any such thing starts to happen. I've noticed over there is easier to spot too as most are less tolerant to it. Here there's a good few who have been around years with same profile ..... that kinda implies that it's accepted as part of the course rather than people standing together against it. I'm sure others will disagree though."

You make it sound like it's endemic on the Irish forum. I've seen very little of proper bullying on here but maybe I'm blind or I'm one of those that bury the head.

I've seen bitching, moaning, bickering, Irish bantering, trolling, vulturing, shaming, ridiculing etcetera on here and I'm not saying I'm immune to these myself but proper bullying is rather rare on here IMO.

Anyhow I think mdoc described quite well the peculiarity of the Irish and their humour which might reflect sometimes here on the forum and might not appeal to everyone or can easily be misunderstood.

So it's great that there are different forums to accommodate everyone. I guess by the uk forum you mean swingers chat or the lounge and not the UK forum as in the 'UK forum'.

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

I'm part of that problem as I gave up challenging it because of lack of support against it....so I just moved to UK forum instead. Much bigger, less cliquey and can have many good debates before any such thing starts to happen. I've noticed over there is easier to spot too as most are less tolerant to it. Here there's a good few who have been around years with same profile ..... that kinda implies that it's accepted as part of the course rather than people standing together against it. I'm sure others will disagree though.

You make it sound like it's endemic on the Irish forum. I've seen very little of proper bullying on here but maybe I'm blind or I'm one of those that bury the head.

I've seen bitching, moaning, bickering, Irish bantering, trolling, vulturing, shaming, ridiculing etcetera on here and I'm not saying I'm immune to these myself but proper bullying is rather rare on here IMO.

Anyhow I think mdoc described quite well the peculiarity of the Irish and their humour which might reflect sometimes here on the forum and might not appeal to everyone or can easily be misunderstood.

So it's great that there are different forums to accommodate everyone. I guess by the uk forum you mean swingers chat or the lounge and not the UK forum as in the 'UK forum'."

I believe she said she moved to the UK forum. Have I missed setting? Because I can't see why you think she meant swingers chat or the lounge?

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

So it's great that there are different forums to accommodate everyone. I guess by the uk forum you mean swingers chat or the lounge and not the UK forum as in the 'UK forum'.

I believe she said she moved to the UK forum. Have I missed setting? Because I can't see why you think she meant swingers chat or the lounge? "

It's a he and I'm only following the green arrow and nothing points to the uk forum but several to the lounge and the swingers chat which is in my eyes not comparable to the Irish one, the proper uk would be the equivalent.

over a year ago

I'm part of that problem as I gave up challenging it because of lack of support against it....so I just moved to UK forum instead. Much bigger, less cliquey and can have many good debates before any such thing starts to happen. I've noticed over there is easier to spot too as most are less tolerant to it. Here there's a good few who have been around years with same profile ..... that kinda implies that it's accepted as part of the course rather than people standing together against it. I'm sure others will disagree though."

100% agree. It is a fact that there are a couple of profiles who always have something negative to say and who belittle others who are genuinely looking for advice. People here are adults. They don't need to be ridiculed or judged for whatever they are into. People's profiles being analysed to see if any flaw can be found to make a person look silly on the forum. I've only been to 2 socials and I've had a few ppl telling me to stay clear of the forums so if there are quite a few ppl saying it then they couldn't be all making it up. I think we should just ignore negative comments that offer nothing to the post and try keep it friendly by only responding to the ones who are happy to offer advice and who arent being judgemental

over a year ago

It's very unfortable seeing people attacked here because you just feel like saying something for the sake if it.. Just an observation that gets on my nerves. "

As an Irish Person I think you're completely wrong with that post. It's not an 'Irish Thing' to do what you are suggesting. Such a sweeping generalisation to make because a few fools on a free online forum annoy you!

If you're on here to unwind, and feel you can't unwind on here, then find something else to do to unwind! It is what it is!

Also, in your last paragraph, you say 'It's very unfortable seeing people attacked here because you just feel like saying something for the sake if it' yet your post is attacking all Irish people! Maybe take your own advise!

This is not me attacking or bullying btw, just giving my view!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I dunt feel that having a row with someone here is a problem in itself. It becomes a problem when it's finished within the thread in which it started and ends up being dragged all over the place and used as an excuse to start another row in a completely unrelated thread or two. Unfortunately humans tend to hold grudges against others and it doesn't matter whether they're Irish, English, Spanish, Russian, whatever. If we could figure out how to just have that row and leave it at that then we'd be sucking diesel, or whatever beverage takes your fancy.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Dunt...? What the fuck is that?

over a year ago

As an Irish Person I think you're completely wrong with that post. It's not an 'Irish Thing' to do what you are suggesting. Such a sweeping generalisation to make because a few fools on a free online forum annoy you!

If you're on here to unwind, and feel you can't unwind on here, then find something else to do to unwind! It is what it is!

Also, in your last paragraph, you say 'It's very unfortable seeing people attacked here because you just feel like saying something for the sake if it' yet your post is attacking all Irish people! Maybe take your own advise!

This is not me attacking or bullying btw, just giving my view!"

As was he yet you see it as attacking. His op is something borne out of experience and as such should be viewed as such and rather saying it's attacking and as such causing more division one might be better looking and saying that's not good and what can we do to change what's happening.

Unfortunately I can't see that ever happening here... It seems to be the accepted norm for many now.

over a year ago

As was he yet you see it as attacking. His op is something borne out of experience and as such should be viewed as such and rather saying it's attacking and as such causing more division one might be better looking and saying that's not good and what can we do to change what's happening.

Unfortunately I can't see that ever happening here... It seems to be the accepted norm for many now.

"

The OP post is completely open to interpretation, you have interpreted it differently to me, doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong. The title of post and manner of post led me to my interpretation.

You have stated above that you agree with the op, so you are going to defend it, such is life!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"

He disagreed with the op, nothing more, nothing less. That's hardly a problem. It wouldn't be much of a forum if we couldn't do that.

over a year ago

He disagreed with the op, nothing more, nothing less. That's hardly a problem. It wouldn't be much of a forum if we couldn't do that. "

Maybe it's a gift then to be able to communicate an opinion without being rude to someone

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

He disagreed with the op, nothing more, nothing less. That's hardly a problem. It wouldn't be much of a forum if we couldn't do that.

Maybe it's a gift then to be able to communicate an opinion without being rude to someone "

Sadly rude seems to be subjective. I don't consider myself rude or a bullybut I know others who do. We all seem to have different interpretations of it.

over a year ago

Maybe it's a gift then to be able to communicate an opinion without being rude to someone

Sadly rude seems to be subjective. I don't consider myself rude or a bullybut I know others who do. We all seem to have different interpretations of it. "

We all like to think we are the bees knees.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Sadly rude seems to be subjective. I don't consider myself rude or a bullybut I know others who do. We all seem to have different interpretations of it. We all like to think we are the bees knees."

I don't think that's true at all.

over a year ago

Sadly rude seems to be subjective. I don't consider myself rude or a bullybut I know others who do. We all seem to have different interpretations of it. We all like to think we are the bees knees.

I don't think that's true at all. "

It must be Just me than so.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Sadly rude seems to be subjective. I don't consider myself rude or a bullybut I know others who do. We all seem to have different interpretations of it. We all like to think we are the bees knees.

I don't think that's true at all. It must be Just me than so."

If the cap fits and all that.

over a year ago

Maybe it's a gift then to be able to communicate an opinion without being rude to someone "

Who do you think was being rude?

over a year ago

When we do something we have some idea of why we did it.. with others unless we ask we have no idea why.. and just see what they do... not the why.

I’d suggest (tentatively) we are all capable of being keyboard warriors when we know full well there will be no consequences to our actions.

In real life, when faced with the very visceral reactions of another human being in front of us, we would (for the most part) modify our comments/judgements so as not to cause offence, but on here most will ignore the the other behind the keyboard as being human as in they could be offended and we carry on regardless.

over a year ago

"When we do something we have some idea of why we did it.. with others unless we ask we have no idea why.. and just see what they do... not the why.

I’d suggest (tentatively) we are all capable of being keyboard warriors when we know full well there will be no consequences to our actions.

In real life, when faced with the very visceral reactions of another human being in front of us, we would (for the most part) modify our comments/judgements so as not to cause offence, but on here most will ignore the the other behind the keyboard as being human as in they could be offended and we carry on regardless.

"

I think this is true. It’s the internet after all. There is yet to be a site that people are only nice to each other. And this site is far more tame than others. This is not a place to relax as it’s designed for horny people to get together. No one here is relaxed until after they get the ride

over a year ago

I come to the Ireland forum for the wonderful banter and to escape what can sometimes be toxic threads in the Wales forums.

I've found you guys most welcoming...thankyou

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I come to the Ireland forum for the wonderful banter and to escape what can sometimes be toxic threads in the Wales forums.

I've found you guys most welcoming...thankyou "

With an arse like that you'd be welcome anywhere!

over a year ago

"I come to the Ireland forum for the wonderful banter and to escape what can sometimes be toxic threads in the Wales forums.

I've found you guys most welcoming...thankyou

With an arse like that you'd be welcome anywhere! "

Why thank you kind sir

over a year ago

I've found you guys most welcoming...thankyou "

A ya cant beat the welsh, 99% of us, wonder if ye shag the sheep, the other 1% if ya can speak the language good morning from dublin

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

I believe she said she moved to the UK forum. Have I missed setting? Because I can't see why you think she meant swingers chat or the lounge?

It's a he and I'm only following the green arrow and nothing points to the uk forum but several to the lounge and the swingers chat which is in my eyes not comparable to the Irish one, the proper uk would be the equivalent. "

oops. .

Please forgive me, and thanks for clearing that up for me, totally forgot the green arrow trail, you are quite right.

By *ill.I.AmMan
over a year ago

tallaght

Not really you can debate with out bullying some people home behind the screen to abuse others

Post new Message to Thread