Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Sending face pic

Jump to newest

By *ilbearni OP   Man
over a year ago

peninsula

I've just been asked to send a face pic ,second message, and they initially contacted me. When I declined and said I would meet them at a public place, and give them a description of me,and message them when they got there,they said they only meet with face pic, and they never send pic first.

Catch 22 isn't it.

If others had Same how have you sorted it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ndrew1972Man
over a year ago

Roscrea

If their profile/mails were well written, legible & not 1 line "wot u in2" type crap then there probably is a sane person/people behind the profile.

Read their veris (if they have any) & the profiles of those who verified them. It'll help to give you a better overall view of them.

At the end of all this you will have to trust your gut instincts. Someone has to take the chance & make the first move.

I rarely send face pics, but on the few occasions I have it's been a mixed reaction of pic in return, a thanks but no thanks reply or in very rate case no reply & user hasn't logged on in months!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've just been asked to send a face pic ,second message, and they initially contacted me. When I declined and said I would meet them at a public place, and give them a description of me,and message them when they got there,they said they only meet with face pic, and they never send pic first.

Catch 22 isn't it.

If others had Same how have you sorted it?"

Sorry but i would never meet without seeing a face picture, never mind who contacted who. First of its a matter of safety you could be anyone, someone they know etc.

over a year ago

We tend to exclusively do all of our meets at parties or in clubs these days, but if we were to organise a met, we'd never do so without seeing a face pic first. However we are very forthcoming with ours, plus we'd only ever met "well" meet verified people too.

Lots of people have and do take chances on unverified people, us included, in the past, and we have met some really great people who were not verified. But our time for fun is extremely limited these days, so we choice not to take the risk anymore.

By *ulu00Woman
over a year ago

Donegal

Its not blind date to be fair, like I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea and id rather swap a pic and save rejection at a meet that would be a waste of both parties time. Talk to people, see if there's a connection and agree to swap pics if the conversation is going well as opposed to flat out refusing

By *ilbearni OP   Man
over a year ago

peninsula

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I very rarely send a face pic, got to be super sure about who it is first,and chat for a good while, will sometimes send a pic then. but a face pic request after just an initial, "hi how's you" message is risky imo not verified,and no pics on profile.

Thought I would throw it out there, when would you feel happy sending a face pic?

Has it been ok?

over a year ago

if you're willing to be seen face to face you should be willing to send a pic and be seen.

why waste time. they arent looking to get into a relationship with you. its sex, and a bit of fun. they want to know youre attractive. yes, theres more to it then that, but anyone who says looks are not important are lying.

no point whinging about it, you either want the meet and send the pic or dont send the pic and dont get the meet. yes, if they ask for a pic they should be willing to provide one, but if they dont want to thats their choice. its now your choice if you stick to your chice of not sending one, or make an exception based on the interaction you had up to then.

over a year ago

"if you're willing to be seen face to face you should be willing to send a pic and be seen.

why waste time. they arent looking to get into a relationship with you. its sex, and a bit of fun. they want to know youre attractive. yes, theres more to it then that, but anyone who says looks are not important are lying.

no point whinging about it, you either want the meet and send the pic or dont send the pic and dont get the meet. yes, if they ask for a pic they should be willing to provide one, but if they dont want to thats their choice. its now your choice if you stick to your chice of not sending one, or make an exception based on the interaction you had up to then."

To well verified fabbers yes, but I would be wary of new profiles not photo verified, on 3 months and only photo verified etc

So you just have to use your common sense.

By *ilbearni OP   Man
over a year ago

peninsula

"if you're willing to be seen face to face you should be willing to send a pic and be seen.

no point whinging about it, you either want the meet and send the pic or dont send the pic and dont get the meet. yes, if they ask for a pic they should be willing to provide one, but if they dont want to thats their choice. its now your choice if you stick to your chice of not sending one, or make an exception based on the interaction you had up to then.

To well verified fabbers yes, but I would be wary of new profiles not photo verified, on 3 months and only photo verified etc

So you just have to use your common sense. "

I agree with you mate, I've had it happen before,definite meet arranged, had sent face pic, then they go silent, no meet.

I wouldn't send face pic after only been in contact for a day or two.

Like you say, use common sense. But sometimes common sense goes out window when horny

over a year ago

"I've just been asked to send a face pic ,second message, and they initially contacted me. When I declined and said I would meet them at a public place, and give them a description of me,and message them when they got there,they said they only meet with face pic, and they never send pic first.

Catch 22 isn't it.

If others had Same how have you sorted it?"

They have made their situation clear.

No one is forcing you to send or to meet.

It's your call if you wish to take things further.

over a year ago

Just use common sense

If your chatting and getting on ok then why not

Im always careful in case it’s someone I know lol

It’s happened twice to me now hence I like to see their photo first!

Good luck

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

"Just use common sense

Good luck

Mmmmmm

"

By *ilbearni OP   Man
over a year ago

peninsula

"Just use common sense

Good luck

"

Thanks cherry picker

That's what I don't want

I am in a position where I deal with folk in public, and could be very difficult to explain.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

It's a tough one. I've never had any problems sharing a pic as in no come back. But I'm very cautious and will only share when I'm as sure as I can be. In saying that I've had one or two sent to me first message and I've recognised three so far.

Just use your common sense. As they say if it's too good to be true it usually is.

By *outhbelMan
over a year ago

Near Carryduff

I have sent face pics and had nice meets, then pictures other times and got instantanty blocked.

in one case the girl said she "knew me" then blocke me with out further conversation.

Believe me that was uncomfortable.

over a year ago

By definition people wanting face pics on the first or second message are only interested in surface looks. Grand if that's what you like but not for me

By *ilbearni OP   Man
over a year ago

peninsula

"It's a tough one. I've never had any problems sharing a pic as in no come back. But I'm very cautious and will only share when I'm as sure as I can be. In saying that I've had one or two sent to me first message and I've recognised three so far.

Just use your common sense. As they say if it's too good to be true it usually is. "

Wise words , iot is possible that i have met a lot of local folk through my job, could be difficult , got to be careful. why i tend not to meet a lot of local, unless i am really sure of them

what did you do when recognised them bigblonddomme?

By *ilbearni OP   Man
over a year ago

peninsula

"I have sent face pics and had nice meets, then pictures other times and got instantanty blocked.

in one case the girl said she "knew me" then blocke me with out further conversation.

Believe me that was uncomfortable."

I bet it was, if was me it would make me paranoid for a while.

off topic, how is m&g for Nov in Belfast going?

By *ivelifeMan
over a year ago

Dublin

never send them really .But you can tell alot about a person on how the word messages etc. If someone started the conversation and asks for a face pic In first few messages without even offering to show there's and the get offensive if you refuse or ask them to send there's first and the got in contact first I just block them

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

I think it's a reasonable request that everyone sees a pic before arranging a meet.

over a year ago

I can fully understand wanting to see a face pic with someone that you'll be meeting with, I'd imagine sending one in that situation shouldn't be a problem. The one that always gets me is the profiles demanding a face picture on the very first mail that sent now that's very unreasonable.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"It's a tough one. I've never had any problems sharing a pic as in no come back. But I'm very cautious and will only share when I'm as sure as I can be. In saying that I've had one or two sent to me first message and I've recognised three so far.

Just use your common sense. As they say if it's too good to be true it usually is.

Wise words , iot is possible that i have met a lot of local folk through my job, could be difficult , got to be careful. why i tend not to meet a lot of local, unless i am really sure of them

what did you do when recognised them bigblonddomme? "

I just blocked them. I know one in particular would be mortified as he's been in my home . Another i just know to see and the last one is a bold boy married but claiming to be single. (His business)..the thing is you don't know how people will react. They could think just like me move on or they could get a buzz out of telling everyone they know.

Post new Message to Thread