Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Mortage

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any brokers on hear or any 1 nos how to get a higher amount as u seem to have 2 be earning 80k a year

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

Without sounding sarcastic, your post seems to answer itself.

You need to be earning more.in order to borrow more.

No one will give you a mortgage outside your payment capacity no matter how much savings you have. If you're not earning enough to repay the debt then you will not get approval.

If you've kids or age is against you then you will also find it more difficult to get a mortgage.

Its that simple

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Without sounding sarcastic, your post seems to answer itself.

You need to be earning more.in order to borrow more.

No one will give you a mortgage outside your payment capacity no matter how much savings you have. If you're not earning enough to repay the debt then you will not get approval.

If you've kids or age is against you then you will also find it more difficult to get a mortgage.

Its that simple "

over a year ago

Ah I no that's why I was asking is there away around it haha think I'll have to ask me boss to double me wages ?? thanks

over a year ago

Improve your credit rating

Get a pay rise, shop around, extend the loan term.

And most importantly, be careful of what you ask for

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

"Ah I no that's why I was asking is there away around it haha think I'll have to ask me boss to double me wages ?? thanks "

There used to be loads of ways around it.

Then we got greedy

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

No way around qualifying for a mortgage.

Permanent Employment

Income

Repayment Capacity

Net Disposable Income

Good luck

By *ussyLicker1971Man
over a year ago

DDD12

"No way around qualifying for a mortgage.

Permanent Employment

Income

Repayment Capacity

Net Disposable Income

Good luck

"

When do we move in....

??

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

It's a big noose around your neck . It was bad enough in my day but I would hate to be starting back again . You have to creep before you can crawl. Get a small one first then add to it later .

over a year ago

"It's a big noose around your neck . It was bad enough in my day but I would hate to be starting back again . You have to creep before you can crawl. Get a small one first then add to it later . "

I do try to apply those last two sentences to potential meets, still unsuccessful.

over a year ago

32 self employed last 3 years wage off 800 euro a week in them 3 and still only geting offered 140k with monthly payments of 600euro bit stupid if u ask me

over a year ago

"32 self employed last 3 years wage off 800 euro a week in them 3 and still only geting offered 140k with monthly payments of 600euro bit stupid if u ask me "

self employed, is seen as high risk..have you ever considered relocating, I hear cavan, referred to affectionately here on fab

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

"32 self employed last 3 years wage off 800 euro a week in them 3 and still only geting offered 140k with monthly payments of 600euro bit stupid if u ask me "

Self Employed are based on their profit of their business, averaged over 3yrs. Not necessarily on what your paying yourself out of the business.

over a year ago

Why would anyone want a mortgage . My mortgage is 1470 a month

over a year ago

"32 self employed last 3 years wage off 800 euro a week in them 3 and still only geting offered 140k with monthly payments of 600euro bit stupid if u ask me

Self Employed are based on their profit of their business, averaged over 3yrs. Not necessarily on what your paying yourself out of the business."

Hi love your profile, could you explain to me what a liability is, I think I have one on my friends list, and im at a loss what to do

over a year ago

"Why would anyone want a mortgage . My mortgage is 1470 a month "
still cheaper than renting a house

over a year ago

Not really. I rent a house out in tallaght and at the moment I'm only getting 1300 a month. Anybody that's single should be renting a room

over a year ago

Fab mortgage advice centre!!!!

By *ub5123Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Hi, can also depend on time of year you apply.Its meant to be 3.5 times your salary but all banks have quota's/targets.

Before their targets are reached the rules can be bent slightly, you may get 3.8 times your salary. Apply for approval in principle and speak with your bank manager/ mortgage advisor and ask them about this. They may tell you to re apply in a few months and your may get slightly more.

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

"Not really. I rent a house out in tallaght and at the moment I'm only getting 1300 a month. Anybody that's single should be renting a room "

I'm single and I'm perfectly happy not to be renting a room thanks very much, I'd hate to be renting right now for many different reasons my mortgage is not far from half of what I'd be renting my house for right now which is just one factor

over a year ago

Try Longford, I think they're paying people to move there

over a year ago

Well thanking my rent from one house covers my mortgage on the other.

I really hope all u folks trying to get a mortgage succeed

By *un17Man
over a year ago

Ennis

Get your mortgage approval then take out a business loan over 15 years and off you go shopping

over a year ago

"Get your mortgage approval then take out a business loan over 15 years and off you go shopping "

What a completely stupid dumb thing to say

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

"Try Longford, I think they're paying people to move there"

Smartarse

By *rossflow daveMan
over a year ago

Mullingar

At the end of the day you have to be able to afford the repayments, even more importantly if interest rates rise will you be over stretched?

A lot of people are killed paying for homes that they probably can't really afford and have absolutely no quality of life,

Maybe looking outside the city would improve your chances of finding something more affordable ( Longford might be a bit of a stretch lol )

over a year ago

"Any brokers on hear or any 1 nos how to get a higher amount as u seem to have 2 be earning 80k a year "

Look for a new build you can get up to 20k back if first time buyer, go with a bank which gives you 2% cash back and allows you to leave after a year without giving the money back. Using this a 300k house would cost you approx 4K cash. Get a 35 year mortgage and can leave after a year and get a better term with another bank, problem is 3.5 times your salary is max they'll give

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Definitely look outside of Dublin I moved to north cavan recently just house sharing at the min but the plan is to buy a small holding around 20 acres you can pick up one for the price of a one/two bed apartment in Dublin. I know it's not an option for most with jobs in Dublin etc

By *iss SadisticWoman
over a year ago

Nowhere

"Why would anyone want a mortgage . My mortgage is 1470 a month "

Because most people are paying rent well above and beyond that into something that they will never own.

By *andyrackkyMan
over a year ago

South

Just do yourself one big favour and never set your expectations to high when it comes to looking for a mortgage. It's such a crippling process that can knock many people back. I started 6 years ago, held off for 3 years and changed a few things in doing so. I'm currently a homeowner for the last 3 years, it's great and I couldn't be happier with what I got but it's a major commitment. I took less than what I could have got and I look at people now who have gotten themselves bogged down in situations they will probably never be able to get themselvea out of. All I'm saying is look after yourself and do what's right in your current situation.

By *igguy300Man
over a year ago

town

"Try Longford, I think they're paying people to move there"

Post new Message to Thread