Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

gut wrenching

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

you have to feel for mayo. how they keep coming back is remarkable yet they cannot get over the line. credit where credit is due though. they're some team

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"you have to feel for mayo. how they keep coming back is remarkable yet they cannot get over the line. credit where credit is due though. they're some team "

They're one of the best teams in the country to be fair, and have been for a few years. Their problem is that there's always been someone else just a bit better than them.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Fuck them lol they had every opportunity to put a badly playing Dublin away and didn't sure they even tried throwing a GPS tracker at rock when he took the free kick. I have no sympathy for them

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Na I don't feel for them,they lost. Their fans were shouting from the rooftops that they were going to do it,wrecking heads in every county,popping the annual mayo for sam flags t-shirts and the rest everywhere they possibly could. Well done the dubs at least now I can go to work and not listen to the inane mayo for sam warblings for a few months.

By *andsomeman100Man
over a year ago

Ah sure now...

Whatever way you look at it, Mayo lost by a single point. To me, when it comes down to a point, its sheer luck which team managed to get a point ahead at the right time. I don't have a lot of interest either way, but I watched the match and they looked evenly matched to me. Neithre team played good or bad, they just played the game in front of them, and it was a good game. Supporters cheer and make predictions of greatness - that's just what they do. At then end of it all, any right thinking person would have to feel for Mayo. They lost, Dublin won, all fair and square...but you do have to feel for Mayo.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"you have to feel for mayo. how they keep coming back is remarkable yet they cannot get over the line. credit where credit is due though. they're some team "

Feel for Mayo???? Not in the slightest...

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Imagine the faux outrage from the Mayo supporters if Diarmuid Connolly had done what Vaughan did or if he had thrown a GPS at another player.

over a year ago

Dubs make it 4 in a row next year coybig

over a year ago

Tipperary

mayo were the better team yesterday but the dubs have the knack of doing what they have to. how you couldn't feel sorry for such a bunch of unfortunate players is beyond me

over a year ago

No sympathy for them there nothing but a bunch of wasters anyway, one of these dead Counties where nothing anygood ever went into it and nothing anygood ever came out of it.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"mayo were the better team yesterday but the dubs have the knack of doing what they have to. how you couldn't feel sorry for such a bunch of unfortunate players is beyond me "

Were they the better team yesterday? How do you define better? They probably had more possession but that's hardly enough. I'm curious as to what made them better than Dublin apart from the sentimental thing.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"mayo were the better team yesterday but the dubs have the knack of doing what they have to. how you couldn't feel sorry for such a bunch of unfortunate players is beyond me

Were they the better team yesterday? How do you define better? They probably had more possession but that's hardly enough. I'm curious as to what made them better than Dublin apart from the sentimental thing. "

should of been more ahead at half time. they were 2 up with 5 to go. took off a moran, major error for me. if that COC free goes over mayo win game imo. also and the biggest factor is donal Vaughan lost mayo the game. dub lad was been sent off anyway then he stupidly got involved

over a year ago

"mayo were the better team yesterday but the dubs have the knack of doing what they have to. how you couldn't feel sorry for such a bunch of unfortunate players is beyond me

Were they the better team yesterday? How do you define better? They probably had more possession but that's hardly enough. I'm curious as to what made them better than Dublin apart from the sentimental thing. should of been more ahead at half time. they were 2 up with 5 to go. took off a moran, major error for me. if that COC free goes over mayo win game imo. also and the biggest factor is donal Vaughan lost mayo the game. dub lad was been sent off anyway then he stupidly got involved "

Well if they had been the better team they would have been more ahead and wouldn't have taken off players. Dublin were the better team on the day... South

By *onedbodMan
over a year ago

co Galway

The better team is the one who scores the most! Not how many passes or solo's up the pitch a team does! Crazy to say Mayo were the better team! Dublin played in 3rd gear and still won!

over a year ago

Mayo still would have bottled it no matter who was or wasn't sent off/taken off. It's not a fear of losing they have it's a fear of winning....they shit themselves when it was there to be won.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Were they the better team yesterday? How do you define better? They probably had more possession but that's hardly enough. I'm curious as to what made them better than Dublin apart from the sentimental thing. should of been more ahead at half time. they were 2 up with 5 to go. took off a moran, major error for me. if that COC free goes over mayo win game imo. also and the biggest factor is donal Vaughan lost mayo the game. dub lad was been sent off anyway then he stupidly got involved "

I agree with most of that. I don't agree that the free would have won the game as Dublin are too cool headed. The Vaughan thing, maybe? I'm not even sure but Mayo would've had at least another point from the free. Dublin could still have had a goal after that with the Dean Rock fisted point where Mannion was standing unmarked at the far post. We'll never know. I'm certainly not going to agree that Mayo are the better team though. They should certainly have done better in the first half given the amount of possession they had in the middle of the field.

over a year ago

"No sympathy for them there nothing but a bunch of wasters anyway, one of these dead Counties where nothing anygood ever went into it and nothing anygood ever came out of it."
If I were a mayo man and you said that to me I would kick the s@@t out of you.

over a year ago

"No sympathy for them there nothing but a bunch of wasters anyway, one of these dead Counties where nothing anygood ever went into it and nothing anygood ever came out of it."

Bit harsh

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"No sympathy for them there nothing but a bunch of wasters anyway, one of these dead Counties where nothing anygood ever went into it and nothing anygood ever came out of it. If I were a mayo man and you said that to me I would kick the s@@t out of you."

lol

over a year ago

Tipperary

Were they the better team yesterday? How do you define better? They probably had more possession but that's hardly enough. I'm curious as to what made them better than Dublin apart from the sentimental thing. should of been more ahead at half time. they were 2 up with 5 to go. took off a moran, major error for me. if that COC free goes over mayo win game imo. also and the biggest factor is donal Vaughan lost mayo the game. dub lad was been sent off anyway then he stupidly got involved

I agree with most of that. I don't agree that the free would have won the game as Dublin are too cool headed. The Vaughan thing, maybe? I'm not even sure but Mayo would've had at least another point from the free. Dublin could still have had a goal after that with the Dean Rock fisted point where Mannion was standing unmarked at the far post. We'll never know. I'm certainly not going to agree that Mayo are the better team though. They should certainly have done better in the first half given the amount of possession they had in the middle of the field. "

absolutely should of been more ahead at half time. vaughan was so stupid to do what he did. no denying Dublin are a great team. I just feel sorry for the mayo players

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Were they the better team yesterday? How do you define better? They probably had more possession but that's hardly enough. I'm curious as to what made them better than Dublin apart from the sentimental thing. should of been more ahead at half time. they were 2 up with 5 to go. took off a moran, major error for me. if that COC free goes over mayo win game imo. also and the biggest factor is donal Vaughan lost mayo the game. dub lad was been sent off anyway then he stupidly got involved

I agree with most of that. I don't agree that the free would have won the game as Dublin are too cool headed. The Vaughan thing, maybe? I'm not even sure but Mayo would've had at least another point from the free. Dublin could still have had a goal after that with the Dean Rock fisted point where Mannion was standing unmarked at the far post. We'll never know. I'm certainly not going to agree that Mayo are the better team though. They should certainly have done better in the first half given the amount of possession they had in the middle of the field. absolutely should of been more ahead at half time. vaughan was so stupid to do what he did. no denying Dublin are a great team. I just feel sorry for the mayo players "

There's probably not a genuine GAA person in the country who wouldn't like to see them win an All Ireland but they're going to need a better panel. If substitutes were banned for a year they'd probably do it. This Dublin team have another top class outfit sitting on the bench and Mayo can't currently compete with that. It won't always be that way though. They were tantalisingly close yesterday.

over a year ago

A group of men who have put there lives on hold since

i salute them ... even if they dont win they have won the hearts of the nation

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Should I ask?

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"Should I ask? "

Go for it

By *uckypuppy007Woman
over a year ago

dublin

"A group of men who have put there lives on hold since

i salute them ... even if they dont win they have won the hearts of the nation"

Ahhh the hurt is healing

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Should I ask?

Go for it "

Are there posts missing or am I imagining it?

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"Should I ask?

Go for it

Are there posts missing or am I imagining it? "

I think a few have disappeared all right.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Should I ask?

Go for it

I think a few have disappeared all right."

Well that's suitably gut wrenching!

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"Should I ask?

Go for it

Well that's suitably gut wrenching! "

Have you moved to Mayo??

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Should I ask?

Go for it

Have you moved to Mayo?? "

No, but I can't wait for Dublin to lose so that I can hear how good they are

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"Should I ask?

Go for it

Have you moved to Mayo??

No, but I can't wait for Dublin to lose so that I can hear how good they are

"

Lmfao

I'll give you a better laugh. On the Mayo football blog they had a vote for man of the match.

Chris Barratt won. They voted Vaughan for second after getting stupidly sent off and probably cost them an All Ireland.

Delusional people.

Post new Message to Thread