Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

"This is why you don't succeed" Simon Sinek

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Fascinating talk on youtube. Have a look if you are interested at a very insightful, powerful and simple look at life.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Fascinating talk on youtube. Have a look if you are interested at a very insightful, powerful and simple look at life. "

Nah, sorry, Fab forums and lady pics taken up all my spare time

over a year ago

"Fascinating talk on youtube. Have a look if you are interested at a very insightful, powerful and simple look at life.

Nah, sorry, Fab forums and lady pics taken up all my spare time "

You can lead a horse to water.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Fascinating talk on youtube. Have a look if you are interested at a very insightful, powerful and simple look at life. "

Thanks will do

Madame Boo

over a year ago

"Fascinating talk on youtube. Have a look if you are interested at a very insightful, powerful and simple look at life.

Thanks will do

Madame Boo"

Leave me know what you think i a dm if it suits Madame Boo.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Nah, sorry, Fab forums and lady pics taken up all my spare time

You can lead a horse to water."

I only drink at the Furry Cup Madame B

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

id be scared to see what would happen if i was motivated scary stuff

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Thanks will do

Madame Boo

Leave me know what you think i a dm if it suits Madame Boo."

over a year ago

"

"

I think you will like it

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I thought this thread was going to be about the All Ireland as well.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Just listened to this. It's really good. It's basically common sense but it has to be spelled out to us.

I also think it's appropriate to more than just the millenials. I can see a lot of this in myself and my friend's.

over a year ago

"

Just listened to this. It's really good. It's basically common sense but it has to be spelled out to us.

I also think it's appropriate to more than just the millenials. I can see a lot of this in myself and my friend's."

Glad you enjoyed it. He tends to break down his stuff in simple terms. He doesn't tend to bombard the listener. Very easy to see the sense in what he says and more importantly why he says it. Nice of you to comment that you enjoyed it.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"

I also think it's appropriate to more than just the millenials. I can see a lot of this in myself and my friend's.

Glad you enjoyed it. He tends to break down his stuff in simple terms. He doesn't tend to bombard the listener. Very easy to see the sense in what he says and more importantly why he says it. Nice of you to comment that you enjoyed it."

It's very easy listen to him. As you said he doesn't bombard the listener.

You just say to yourself "That makes so much sense".

I just sent it to a friend and she loved it too. Thanks for sharing it.

over a year ago

"

I just sent it to a friend and she loved it too. Thanks for sharing it."

Genuinely I am happy you resonated with it. I like that he doesn't talk to impress He talks to awaken us. He breaks it down to very simple terms. Has a lot more talks than the one I posted. I would humbly suggest checking out some more of them. Also has a few books out if you happen to be into reading.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"

I just sent it to a friend and she loved it too. Thanks for sharing it.

Genuinely I am happy you resonated with it. I like that he doesn't talk to impress He talks to awaken us. He breaks it down to very simple terms. Has a lot more talks than the one I posted. I would humbly suggest checking out some more of them. Also has a few books out if you happen to be into reading. "

I definitely will do both and will order his books online.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Loved it Kate thank you.

Forwarded to friends whom I thought would enjoy it. The irony is I am off to binge watch his clips

Will message the name of something for you in awhile, can't remember the name so have to look it up.

Madame Boo

over a year ago

"

I definitely will do both and will order his books online. "

There is something very fulfilling about seeing someone who is willing to take a quick gamble on a recommendation of a youtube clip and hearing how they have embraced the content of it so vociferously. The fact you sent to a friend is even better again. Hopefully it may inspire your friend to do likewise. Our learning has greater value when we share what we learn.

over a year ago

"Loved it Kate thank you.

Forwarded to friends whom I thought would enjoy it. The irony is I am off to binge watch his clips

Will message the name of something for you in awhile, can't remember the name so have to look it up.

Madame Boo"

The funny thing is I thought of you when I posted the thread and hoped you would see it. Very glad that you did. As I have mentioned it is greater to share what we have learned than to keep it to ourselves. Hopefully it may inspire your friends to also reshare it for what it's worth.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Loved it Kate thank you.

Madame Boo

The funny thing is I thought of you when I posted the thread and hoped you would see it. Very glad that you did. As I have mentioned it is greater to share what we have learned than to keep it to ourselves. Hopefully it may inspire your friends to also reshare it for what it's worth. "

Thank you but should I be concerned, are you trying to tell me something lol

The documentary I want to share with you is called mortified nation. It's on Netflix but you may find it on other site's. I love the TED talks also. Some great one's in there and I see Simon has been on the Ted Talks also. Please let me know what you think of Mortified Nation, I would love to hear your feedback.

Madame Boo

over a year ago

" Thank you but should I be concerned, are you trying to tell me something lol

The documentary I want to share with you is called mortified nation. It's on Netflix but you may find it on other site's. I love the TED talks also. Some great one's in there and I see Simon has been on the Ted Talks also. Please let me know what you think of Mortified Nation, I would love to hear your feedback.

Madame Boo"

Hopefully more intrigued than concerned ! I will certainly check it out. Thank you for the recommendation. Always appreciate a good word in the dirwction of some newly acquired knowledge. X

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

" Thank you but should I be concerned, are you trying to tell me something lol

Madame Boo

Hopefully more intrigued than concerned ! I will certainly check it out. Thank you for the recommendation. Always appreciate a good word in the dirwction of some newly acquired knowledge. X"

Really enjoyed it. Mortified Nation is a few years old but like Simons talk it's filled with humour, wisdom about human nature and emotion. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

Madame Boo

over a year ago

"

Really enjoyed it. Mortified Nation is a few years old but like Simons talk it's filled with humour, wisdom about human nature and emotion. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

Madame Boo"

I shall check it out tomorrow with fresh eyes and an energised brain to make the most of it x

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

I've just listened to 4 of his speeches.

This guy is an amazing speaker and a truly brilliant motivator.

BUT how do we implement these change's in our lives and in our workplaces??

We have become so set in our way's that it would be a very hard to change and adopt to his ideas.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"I've just listened to 4 of his speeches.

We have become so set in our way's that it would be a very hard to change and adopt to his ideas."

Hoping that isn't the case...he repeatedly said it's about consistency and gave the example of 20 min excercise daily over 1 day of doing hours of a work out. I said on another thread that I don't watch telly which is true...now but I did and if someone told me a few years back that I wouldn't, I would have said no way, couldn't do without it.

I have always said here no phones during meal's and it works. Doable with teens. He mentions interacting with colleagues more making them like brothers and sisters in dynamics which I thought was brilliant. Two of my crew here worked in a wonderful environment for summer job's where they were part of a family work dynamic based on respect and have carried that forward with them in to subsequent job's where they are respected for their work ethics. They had a shitty previous place that drained them completely and I am delighted that they have figured out how far it will stand to them so early on in their lives, not just in work but all area's.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"I've just listened to 4 of his speeches.

We have become so set in our way's that it would be a very hard to change and adopt to his ideas.

Hoping that isn't the case...he repeatedly said it's about consistency and gave the example of 20 min excercise daily over 1 day of doing hours of a work out. I said on another thread that I don't watch telly which is true...now but I did and if someone told me a few years back that I wouldn't, I would have said no way, couldn't do without it.

I have always said here no phones during meal's and it works. Doable with teens. He mentions interacting with colleagues more making them like brothers and sisters in dynamics which I thought was brilliant. Two of my crew here worked in a wonderful environment for summer job's where they were part of a family work dynamic based on respect and have carried that forward with them in to subsequent job's where they are respected for their work ethics. They had a shitty previous place that drained them completely and I am delighted that they have figured out how far it will stand to them so early on in their lives, not just in work but all area's.

"

I know and agree with what your saying.

But imagine going into most workplaces tomorrow morning as a team leader/manager and telling your boss it's no longer about production or profit but about looking after your team.

I know on the long term it would work, but trying to get through to your boss and get him to agree to it would be so so hard to do.

over a year ago

Think of his advice like a tool. It is up tp to the listener what to do with it. Use his words wisely and help to make something great. The more obvious it is how much employees love the workplace they are in an and are inspired by it , feel respected by those in their charge the more likely it is they will take pride in their work. Passion in work is a far better cornerstone than fear. Fear may lead to results but will also probably lead to high staff turnover/unhappy staff etc.

He also speaks about cortisol in another talk. How the fear in jobs now produces cortisol in our bodies. Cortisol blocks oxytocin and essentially stops the immune system as it drips drips drips. His speeches are meant to inspire trust within teams at work rather individuals scared of each other going to take each others jobs etc. The more people share common belief within the company structure about what will take it forward the mpre trust emerges and within that the more something special is likely to aprout. Rather than the question of how can we implement his ideas I would suggest as a rhetorial "how can companies not ?"

Winners focus on winning and losers focus on winners. That is the same in sport as it is in business. Concentration on your own lane. Doing what you do best. Being authentic as a company by ... well being authetic. Not by doing focus groups and asking the general public what your authenticity should be. That's crazy !

He also speaks abput how managers are not trained to be managers, they have often just excelled at whatever entry level job and subsequently given a managerial role due to earlier success. Sometimes people like this will micro manage and nitpick. Rather than inspire they will pick out the flaws in their teams work. I personally can see a correlation between so many aspects of life on where people inspire in relationships and it all comes back to giving the person you want to inspire the seeds where which they can grow.

Parenting/teachers/work leaders/sports managers the list goes on.

For me what he says is "common sense" but it isn't commonly used so maybe it is an oxymoron and not actually common sense at all.

It is like the education system . There is far far too much emphasis on the results of a set of exams at the end of your schooling period. The system values grades more than it values the actual learning. It creates temporary reactionary responses dressed up as knowledge that is lost within a couple of months.

Just remember a perfect relationship doesn't exist but prosperous relationships where both partues become the best version of themselves do. Maybe the company you work for isn't the company that is going to help nurture you for you to be the best version of yourself you can be. You may find you are more suited to a different path.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He is a great speaker really enjoy his approach and am going to try some of this myself!

over a year ago

"He is a great speaker really enjoy his approach and am going to try some of this myself!"

Glad you enjoyed !!

Post new Message to Thread