Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

No thanks or even just no?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just saw a status saying that it's rude not to say no or no thanks to messages etc from profiles that aren't interested. The only unusual thing is that it's a woman's status (for the record I'd be a hell yes!)

My point being that men generally don't get anything back from a lot of messages (well I don't lol) and I understand that women are bombarded with messages. Is it possible to say no thanks or just no to the people your not interested in or is it the assholes who've reacted like kids that have ruined any chance of etiquette?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ricuriousCouple
over a year ago

Galway

I got a very nice thank you from a man I replied to earlier explain that I wasn't looking for single men right now, I always try my best to be polite and let them know. The feeling of being ignored or rejection sucks and it only takes 2 minutes to say thanks for the interest but I'm not looking for men. Bit of ettiquette girls!

Aoife x

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

If you've filters in place that reduce the amount of messages coming in, then it's well doable to reply to all messages and it's in 99% well received even if it's no, at least that's my experience, but it all depends how you phrase it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We try to reply to all message, however sometimes simply don't have time That is why we prefer to first establish attraction through winks (this system we find working wonders for us!! - we recommend it).

Thankfully, people are very respectful after being declined. We are so greatful that men are so gracious and showing good manners to us.

It is usally much easier to respond to messages that are well thought through and not just one liners tbh. We tend not to respond to 'Hi, hows yous' messages regardless of them coming from men, women or couples... Such poor writing suggest lazy lovers and we are not into lazy fucks.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"If you've filters in place that reduce the amount of messages coming in, then it's well doable to reply to all messages and it's in 99% well received even if it's no, at least that's my experience, but it all depends how you phrase it. "

Exactly this. Filters are your friend and let's those outside of it know you are not interested without wasting anyone's time.

Madame Boo

over a year ago

A no to me is someone so feckint d*unk on a club night , they don't know what Or who they doing ; we all should know our limits

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"A no to me is someone so feckint d*unk on a club night , they don't know what Or who they doing ; we all should know our limits "

Eh, what?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/09/17 09:43:40]

By *ojos jugsWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

Most on here dont realize its Fab etiquette that no reply means not interested then post nasty status`s when they dont get a reply.. I find most are polite when i say `No thanx` but you still get the odd one who cant handle rejection...

over a year ago

"If you've filters in place that reduce the amount of messages coming in, then it's well doable to reply to all messages and it's in 99% well received even if it's no, at least that's my experience, but it all depends how you phrase it.

Exactly this. Filters are your friend and let's those outside of it know you are not interested without wasting anyone's time.

Madame Boo"

Yep I agree

over a year ago

"Most on here dont realize its Fab etiquette that no reply means not interested then post nasty status`s when they dont get a reply.. I find most are polite when i say `No thanx` but you still get the odd one who cant handle rejection..."

Totally agree, most are nice enough who accept and move on. Then there's the odd toddler throwing a tantrum stomping his feet (an image I get) with the response of 'why not, you don't even know me, give me a chance, just meet for coffee', which puts me off replying at all anymore.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/09/17 11:44:38]

over a year ago

Don't see the point how any man or even woman for that matter can turn nasty after a refusal / polite no or even no reply it's purely the person receiving the message's choice, dust yourself off and move on

Post new Message to Thread