Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

what's another year?

Jump to newest

By *aywhatnow OP   Man
over a year ago

North County

Jonny Logan sang, did he have mayo in mind?

Up the dubs!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Lol a last minute point to win it after playing badly mayo blew their chance to win it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Great match fair play Mayo but best team won . Buzzing

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

The cream always comes to the top.

over a year ago

CHOCKERS!!! Prize chockers!!!

over a year ago

Can't believe it ... fecking curse

By *aywhatnow OP   Man
over a year ago

North County

"The cream always comes to the top. "

By *aywhatnow OP   Man
over a year ago

North County

"CHOCKERS!!! Prize chockers!!! "

Personally I thought a draw was fair game, but bottlers is right, more than enough chances now, a mental block, ability is there.

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Mayo keep doing itthe same time and expect a different result.

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Sorry bit excited. Mayo keep doing the same team and expect a different result. ..

over a year ago

What a game!!! Well done Dublin.

Mayo were fucking epic, the only team to stick the Dubs to the sword this year. Proud of them

Chokers? Lol, that's the attitude that has the other 31 counties hating the Dubs. Ye got a winning point deep into injury time, hardly choking!

We'll be back.

over a year ago

"CHOCKERS!!! Prize chockers!!!

Personally I thought a draw was fair game, but bottlers is right, more than enough chances now, a mental block, ability is there."

So are you saying that mayo were the better team but bottled it.

By *un17Man
over a year ago

Ennis

Sole destroying watching it

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

We'll be back ...hear that every time. No good coming back if you don't learn lessons .get a new background team .and definitely get rid of that hatchet man from armagh .

...his tactics is to stop others playing .and by doing that your own players don't express themselves ..Lee keegan prime example .spend most of match hanging out of kilkenny .

see what happened when he played ..scored a goal. ....best chance was to play football. ..get rid of Mc Entee.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"What a game!!! Well done Dublin.

Mayo were fucking epic, the only team to stick the Dubs to the sword this year. Proud of them

Chokers? Lol, that's the attitude that has the other 31 counties hating the Dubs. Ye got a winning point deep into injury time, hardly choking!

We'll be back. "

What do you mean "The only team to stick the Dubs to the sword this year"??? Kerry beat them in the league.

And I wouldn't call getting beaten by Dublin "sticking them to the sword"

As for being "epic"....nope.

I was hoping Mayo would bring some silverware to the West but that's best left to Galway.

over a year ago

We'll be back.

What do you mean "The only team to stick the Dubs to the sword this year"??? Kerry beat them in the league.

I was hoping Mayo would bring some silverware to the West but that's best left to Galway. "

Your yawnfest is tiring

Have a good evening

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

We'll be back.

I was hoping Mayo would bring some silverware to the West but that's best left to Galway.

Your yawnfest is tiring

Have a good evening "

Like your footballers...no comeback

I'm having an awesome evening thanks.

By *aurus2017Man
over a year ago

Dublin Ireland

We'll be back.

Your yawnfest is tiring

Have a good evening "

Hard luck bold girl. Epic game it was only one difference between the two teams rock took his opportunity O'Connor hit the post we missed mccafferty when he went off injured had he stayed on I'd say it would've been a different game altogether. But as I've said before the whole country would like to see mayo win an all Ireland but just not at our expense. You come down for the match?

By *exmark12Man
over a year ago

Rathcoole/Roscommon/Mayo

Heartbreak again.The Dubs are some outfit but Mayo the team of the year.

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Should have brought on cora Staunton ..as per usual the Oshea.brothers go missing when they are needed .if mayo were winning by 10 point they would be having a great game...need a score no show. .

stand up dean rock ...

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Heartbreak again.The Dubs are some outfit but Mayo the team of the year."

To be fair, they have something special but for me the team of the year should have some silverware at least.

It was a cracking game that could've gone either way. Two great goals as well. Edge of the seat stuff all the way through. Great stuff to watch. The reality is that the top four teams are a long way ahead of the rest and this time next year it'll be the same few teams left at the end of the championship unless there's either a disaster or a miracle.

I was somewhat surprised to see Andy Moran being taken off as he was still winning valuable possession at that stage and always capable of engineering something.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

"Heartbreak again.The Dubs are some outfit but Mayo the team of the year.

To be fair, they have something special but for me the team of the year should have some silverware at least.

It was a cracking game that could've gone either way. Two great goals as well. Edge of the seat stuff all the way through. Great stuff to watch. The reality is that the top four teams are a long way ahead of the rest and this time next year it'll be the same few teams left at the end of the championship unless there's either a disaster or a miracle.

I was somewhat surprised to see Andy Moran being taken off as he was still winning valuable possession at that stage and always capable of engineering something. "

I taught C O Connor should have been taken off before Moran. Overall C O Connor was v poor.

Alot of Mayo's big guns didn't play well. The two O Shea' s were poor and apart from the goal Keegan didn't do much.

Connolly steadied the ship for Dublin when he came on. Apart from one bad wide I taught he played well and was very cool and composed on the ball.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I was somewhat surprised to see Andy Moran being taken off as he was still winning valuable possession at that stage and always capable of engineering something.

I taught C O Connor should have been taken off before Moran. Overall C O Connor was v poor.

Alot of Mayo's big guns didn't play well. The two O Shea' s were poor and apart from the goal Keegan didn't do much.

Connolly steadied the ship for Dublin when he came on. Apart from one bad wide I taught he played well and was very cool and composed on the ball."

Yep, I thought so too as regards O'Connor. He was only kept for his free taking as he was out of the game completely. Connolly and Kevin Mac certainly made a big difference.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Connolly steadied the ship for Dublin when he came on. Apart from one bad wide I taught he played well and was very cool and composed on the ball.

Yep, I thought so too as regards O'Connor. He was only kept for his free taking as he was out of the game completely. Connolly and Kevin Mac certainly made a big difference. "

Vaughan getting sent off made a huge difference too. 15 v 14 and it could possibly have been Mayo's day.

By *aurus2017Man
over a year ago

Dublin Ireland

Yep, I thought so too as regards O'Connor. He was only kept for his free taking as he was out of the game completely. Connolly and Kevin Mac certainly made a big difference.

Vaughan getting sent off made a huge difference too. 15 v 14 and it could possibly have been Mayo's day."

What match were you watching Dublin got a man sent off too

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Vaughan getting sent off made a huge difference too. 15 v 14 and it could possibly have been Mayo's day.

What match were you watching Dublin got a man sent off too "

Lol. I never said they didn't.

I'm saying if Vaughan hadn't have got sent off it could have changed the game because it would have left 15 Mayo players v 14 Dublin players.

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Always someone else fault .where mayo is concerned. Loosers

over a year ago

I'm not a mayo man but was so disappointed for the team and supporters. People talk about this Dublin team been the best team ever.If that's true mayo can't be far behind them sure they lost 2 finals one after a replay and another by one point but they were as good as Dublin in all three games.

over a year ago

"I'm not a mayo man but was so disappointed for the team and supporters. People talk about this Dublin team been the best team ever.If that's true mayo can't be far behind them sure they lost 2 finals one after a replay and another by one point but they were as good as Dublin in all three games."

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I'm not a mayo man but was so disappointed for the team and supporters. People talk about this Dublin team been the best team ever.If that's true mayo can't be far behind them sure they lost 2 finals one after a replay and another by one point but they were as good as Dublin in all three games."

The point is that they weren't.

They were close but that's as good as it gets.

over a year ago

"I'm not a mayo man but was so disappointed for the team and supporters. People talk about this Dublin team been the best team ever.If that's true mayo can't be far behind them sure they lost 2 finals one after a replay and another by one point but they were as good as Dublin in all three games.

They were close but that's as good as it gets. "

As a Connaught man you seem hell bent on putting Mayo down.I often went to a football match and seen the best team get beaten.

over a year ago

Hop of a ball in the game, Mayo could have had a penalty, didn't get it, That's sport..

Cork lost back to back finals 87/88 bounced back to win the following two 89/90.. That's what great teams are made off..

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I'm not a mayo man but was so disappointed for the team and supporters. People talk about this Dublin team been the best team ever.If that's true mayo can't be far behind them sure they lost 2 finals one after a replay and another by one point but they were as good as Dublin in all three games.

They were close but that's as good as it gets. As a Connaught man you seem hell bent on putting Mayo down.I often went to a football match and seen the best team get beaten."

Where I'm from has no bearing on which is the better team. The current Mayo team is not as good as the current Dublin team. That's a fact. That's not "putting Mayo down" either.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Hop of a ball in the game, Mayo could have had a penalty, didn't get it, That's sport..

Cork lost back to back finals 87/88 bounced back to win the following two 89/90.. That's what great teams are made off.."

Yes, it was a game that could've gone either way. You could probably pick ten potential game changing incidents from it that didn't happen. If Dónal Vaughan hadn't been an idiot it could've been different. If Tom Parsons had got the black card he should've got at the resumption? If the penalty had been given instead of bringing him back for the earlier foul? If Andy Moran had been carded for his assault on Johnny Cooper? Eoghan O'Gara? That's tight games though.. Small margins.

over a year ago

"Hop of a ball in the game, Mayo could have had a penalty, didn't get it, That's sport..

Cork lost back to back finals 87/88 bounced back to win the following two 89/90.. That's what great teams are made off..

Yes, it was a game that could've gone either way. You could probably pick ten potential game changing incidents from it that didn't happen. If Dónal Vaughan hadn't been an idiot it could've been different. If Tom Parsons had got the black card he should've got at the resumption? If the penalty had been given instead of bringing him back for the earlier foul? If Andy Moran had been carded for his assault on Johnny Cooper? Eoghan O'Gara? That's tight games though.. Small margins. "

True.. Dublin have won five of the last seven finals, will go down as one of the great teams..

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Yes, it was a game that could've gone either way. You could probably pick ten potential game changing incidents from it that didn't happen. If Dónal Vaughan hadn't been an idiot it could've been different. If Tom Parsons had got the black card he should've got at the resumption? If the penalty had been given instead of bringing him back for the earlier foul? If Andy Moran had been carded for his assault on Johnny Cooper? Eoghan O'Gara? That's tight games though.. Small margins.

True.. Dublin have won five of the last seven finals, will go down as one of the great teams.. "

Yes, and Dublin, Mayo and Kerry have given us some great football over these last few years. It's not long since the pundits were talking about possible rule changes being needed to counteract the negative influence of the blanket defence. There's no mention of that now.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

The dubs have saved my ears from the mayo contingent so I would like to thank them

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

Cork lost back to back finals 87/88 bounced back to win the following two 89/90.. That's what great teams are made off.."

God how Cork could do with a few of those players in this day and age. Some cracking players back then.

Post new Message to Thread