FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Why one liners don't work and mails stay unread.

Jump to newest

By *ohnandGem OP   Couple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

It's not rocket science. If you send someone a mail that can be read in its entirety in the preview....then what incentive is there to click on it to read it? From your perspective it looks like your mail is unread and you'll just get pissed off and start a thread about "why does nobody read my mails?"

Protip: write something longer than a line.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's not rocket science. If you send someone a mail that can be read in its entirety in the preview....then what incentive is there to click on it to read it? From your perspective it looks like your mail is unread and you'll just get pissed off and start a thread about "why does nobody read my mails?"

"

You can enjoy a good ride without saying a word.

By *der54Man
over a year ago

that one there

"It's not rocket science. If you send someone a mail that can be read in its entirety in the preview....then what incentive is there to click on it to read it? From your perspective it looks like your mail is unread and you'll just get pissed off and start a thread about "why does nobody read my mails?"

And what about when you send a mail longer than one liners and they still dont be read? Deleted unread

"

over a year ago

Yes I have this problem also. Like what's going on girls !!!

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"

And what about when you send a mail longer than one liners and they still dont be read? Deleted unread

"

Then do some self examination. Review what you wrote. Review your profile. Ask yourself "if I received this message would I reply to it? Based on the content or the look of the profile?

Get your profile and message game watertight and if you still don't get replies after that, then it's their loss and not yours. Move on.

over a year ago

"

Thats a fair point, but also from a single guys point of view after months of writing well thought out messages with plenty of information and for your message to be deleted straight away it would make you think whats the point of going to the effort if your message isnt even read.

over a year ago

"

Then do some self examination. Review what you wrote. Review your profile. Ask yourself "if I received this message would I reply to it? Based on the content or the look of the profile?

Get your profile and message game watertight and if you still don't get replies after that, then it's their loss and not yours. Move on. "

What's the use in reviewing what you wrote if the message isn't Read in the first place?

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

a hey how are you are, you having an enjoyable weekend is short but a perfect opening imo. some people want short novels written all the time and it doesn't guarentee you anything

By *ugarandspice101Couple
over a year ago

Belfast

Thats a fair point, but also from a single guys point of view after months of writing well thought out messages with plenty of information and for your message to be deleted straight away it would make you think whats the point of going to the effort if your message isnt even read.

"

But if you can't be bothered to write a decent message why should someone be bothered to read it or even answer it!?

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"

Get your profile and message game watertight and if you still don't get replies after that, then it's their loss and not yours. Move on. What's the use in reviewing what you wrote if the message isn't Read in the first place?"

Second protip: many people read the message then mark it as unread. So it looks like it was never read in the first place.

It's sneaky but it happens.

over a year ago

But if you can't be bothered to write a decent message why should someone be bothered to read it or even answer it!? "

Why does a decent written message mean your a decent guy or girl I don't think so.

over a year ago

i click in to see if there's anything else on it anyway...some messages are just one word...sometimes just initials for something that mean nothing to me at all...if people want to waste their time sending messages that say practically nothing though id say they've still got a chance of getting a reply...it depends on how bored the recipient is at the end of the day.

over a year ago

Belfast

But if you can't be bothered to write a decent message why should someone be bothered to read it or even answer it!? Why does a decent written message mean your a decent guy or girl I don't think so."

Nope! It just means your making an effort

over a year ago

Belfast

"i click in to see if there's anything else on it anyway...some messages are just one word...sometimes just initials for something that mean nothing to me at all...if people want to waste their time sending messages that say practically nothing though id say they've still got a chance of getting a reply...it depends on how bored the recipient is at the end of the day."

This is also true. I tend to reply to all messages even just to day no thanks simply because I don't want to be rude. But I also have an idea how difficult It is for single guys on Fab so a simple no thanks saves them wondering

over a year ago

But if you can't be bothered to write a decent message why should someone be bothered to read it or even answer it!? Why does a decent written message mean your a decent guy or girl I don't think so.

Nope! It just means your making an effort"

You could write a page of crap about noting when a shot sentence would have done the job.

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

I might be unpopular here, but I don't really judge person on how long is his first message, I think some one liners can be better then long messages, I always, always look at the profile from people who send us message,one liner or six liner! If we don't think after reading profile we will meet, then just no reply, if first message stupid, rude or inappropriate no reply too. If we like profile we will text back to one liner back too, now if after few messages we realise that person can't hold conversation, then move on of course. But writing long first message is not a key, in my opinion anyway, or for us. Eve

over a year ago

Belfast

But if you can't be bothered to write a decent message why should someone be bothered to read it or even answer it!? Why does a decent written message mean your a decent guy or girl I don't think so.

Nope! It just means your making an effort You could write a page of crap about noting when a shot sentence would have done the job.

"

Yea you could. But does it work? I'm just offering my opinion from a female prospective Really not trying to wind anybody up

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I might be unpopular here, but I don't really judge person on how long is his first message, I think some one liners can be better then long messages, I always, always look at the profile from people who send us message,one liner or six liner! If we don't think after reading profile we will meet, then just no reply, if first message stupid, rude or inappropriate no reply too. If we like profile we will text back to one liner back too, now if after few messages we realise that person can't hold conversation, then move on of course. But writing long first message is not a key, in my opinion anyway, or for us. Eve"

Excellent point, and it would be our M.O. too. I'm not saying you have to write a novel, just enough to get past the preview and make us want to read it. But yes, it's the combo of message content plus profile content for us. Hence my point about making your message and profile game watertight. It helps in the long run.

over a year ago

Nope! It just means your making an effort You could write a page of crap about noting when a shot sentence would have done the job.

Yea you could. But does it work? I'm just offering my opinion from a female prospective Really not trying to wind anybody up "

Don't think your winding any one up.But in my opinion words mean very little spoken or written. Actions always speak louder than words.

over a year ago

Belfast

Yea you could. But does it work? I'm just offering my opinion from a female prospective Really not trying to wind anybody up Don't think your winding any one up.But in my opinion words mean very little spoken or written. Actions always speak louder than words."

Suppose it depends on the recipient

over a year ago

Better of getting brazzer less effort and there all pretty stunning lol

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Better of getting brazzer less effort and there all pretty stunning lol "

No one's stopping you. But you're on the wrong site for that.

over a year ago

"I might be unpopular here, but I don't really judge person on how long is his first message, I think some one liners can be better then long messages, I always, always look at the profile from people who send us message,one liner or six liner! If we don't think after reading profile we will meet, then just no reply, if first message stupid, rude or inappropriate no reply too. If we like profile we will text back to one liner back too, now if after few messages we realise that person can't hold conversation, then move on of course. But writing long first message is not a key, in my opinion anyway, or for us. Eve"

yeah no point in getting an essay sent either...if they had a nice profile you were interested in a one word mail would be enough to catch your attention... and a no reply message read is enough to get the message of probably not really interested back to the sender...nice to be nice but there's never a need to reply to be nice either I don't think....you can end up in a string of mails to waste time on both sides when you just reply to be nice.

over a year ago

Can a hello not suffice also?

If a profile is new and photo verified than yes it is understandable that they should give more info and effort into a correspondence.

But if a profile is well verified than I suggest when you see the green tick on a profile that has mailed you that this should act as a filter to check the profile further.

So for example, if you get an email with one line that is essentially saying hello and you see a green tick, check that profiles verification's that should give you and idea of how they have presented themselves to other verified profiles in socials and meets.

Those verification's have shown that this profile has put in the 'effort' of getting out there and meeting people.

Which would you prefer. A 10 line paragraph of bull shite or verification's from other fabbers showing that this profile is genuine.

over a year ago

Lads stop listening to nonsense from couples and females who arent going to give u a second look anyway. Just come up with one message that's witty/cheeky, copy and paste it and blanket bomb them out there then. Zero effort, best results.

over a year ago

"Lads stop listening to nonsense from couples and females who arent going to give u a second look anyway. Just come up with one message that's witty/cheeky, copy and paste it and blanket bomb them out there then. Zero effort, best results."

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

"Lads stop listening to nonsense from couples and females who arent going to give u a second look anyway. Just come up with one message that's witty/cheeky, copy and paste it and blanket bomb them out there then. Zero effort, best results."
100% agree with you here, I think some people take swinging way too serious all together! And single guys licking assholes of couples or ladies are so not sexy! Be your self!

over a year ago

"

Get your profile and message game watertight and if you still don't get replies after that, then it's their loss and not yours. Move on. What's the use in reviewing what you wrote if the message isn't Read in the first place?

Second protip: many people read the message then mark it as unread. So it looks like it was never read in the first place.

"

So if they read it and mark it as unread weren't you just as well have send a one liner to start with.Save them time reading it and you time writing it.

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"

Get your profile and message game watertight and if you still don't get replies after that, then it's their loss and not yours. Move on. What's the use in reviewing what you wrote if the message isn't Read in the first place?

So if they read it and mark it as unread weren't you just as well have send a one liner to start with.Save them time reading it and you time writing it."

It sounds to me like you want to justify a lack of effort.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"

PMSL

This is so true!

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Can a hello not suffice also?

If a profile is new and photo verified than yes it is understandable that they should give more info and effort into a correspondence.

But if a profile is well verified than I suggest when you see the green tick on a profile that has mailed you that this should act as a filter to check the profile further.

So for example, if you get an email with one line that is essentially saying hello and you see a green tick, check that profiles verification's that should give you and idea of how they have presented themselves to other verified profiles in socials and meets.

Those verification's have shown that this profile has put in the 'effort' of getting out there and meeting people.

Which would you prefer. A 10 line paragraph of bull shite or verification's from other fabbers showing that this profile is genuine.

"

A combination of all of it, as I've mentioned above. They could have veris out the wazoo and I'd still like to read something a little more than "hello"

I'm not looking for 10 paragraphs of bullshit, just a bit of effort.

over a year ago

"

So if they read it and mark it as unread weren't you just as well have send a one liner to start with.Save them time reading it and you time writing it.

It sounds to me like you want to justify a lack of effort. "

. But sure you just said people read messages then mark as unread so why waste each other's time writing big long stories.

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"

It sounds to me like you want to justify a lack of effort. . But sure you just said people read messages then mark as unread so why waste each other's time writing big long stories."

Where did I say I wanted big long stories?

Where did I say I agreed with marking mails unread?

Perhaps if the mail is worth reading it wont be marked unread or deleted and it might be replied to?

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

I think, in fairness, it's down to a mix of a couple of things.

As was said previously, it could be down to the message content (sometimes less is more), whether you have interacted or are aware of the sender from the forums (some familiarity), even an effort made on their own profile (not just cock pics or "fill in later").

At the end of the day everyone is different and can work their mail whatever way it suits them. As the saying goes, "You can't please everyone all the time".

Foo

over a year ago

"

It sounds to me like you want to justify a lack of effort. . But sure you just said people read messages then mark as unread so why waste each other's time writing big long stories.

Perhaps if the mail is worth reading it wont be marked unread or deleted and it might be replied to?

"

But like i said before words mean noting except they are followed up by actions.So I could write a load of words to you in a message but they are just words.

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I think, in fairness, it's down to a mix of a couple of things.

As was said previously, it could be down to the message content (sometimes less is more), whether you have interacted or are aware of the sender from the forums (some familiarity), even an effort made on their own profile (not just cock pics or "fill in later").

At the end of the day everyone is different and can work their mail whatever way it suits them. As the saying goes, "You can't please everyone all the time".

Foo "

Wise words as always from you pair.

I'll always try to practice what I preach however and write more than a line.

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"

It sounds to me like you want to justify a lack of effort. . But sure you just said people read messages then mark as unread so why waste each other's time writing big long stories.

But like i said before words mean noting except they are followed up by actions.So I could write a load of words to you in a message but they are just words."

To write or not to write is an action in itself, a choice.

what you choose to write is an action in itself.

words only mean nothing if you want them to.

If you believe that words mean nothing, then by your own admission you've summed up the majority of your fab persona....and if that's true then why should your words have any credibility?

why should I take your opinion on board then?

over a year ago

"

But like i said before words mean noting except they are followed up by actions.So I could write a load of words to you in a message but they are just words.

If you believe that words mean nothing, then by your own admission you've summed up the majority of your fab persona....and if that's true then why should your words have any credibility?

why should I take your opinion on board then?"

I would never ask anyone to take my opinion on board but that won't stop me from giving it.Just like I would read a short message the same as a long one but that don't mean I would take it as gospel what I had Read.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Does nobody listen to the real swinging experts on here.

Don't waste your time sending messages.

All you have to do is......"Go to a social"

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

"It's not rocket science. If you send someone a mail that can be read in its entirety in the preview....then what incentive is there to click on it to read it? From your perspective it looks like your mail is unread and you'll just get pissed off and start a thread about "why does nobody read my

ails?"

Hi is as much as we get most of the time

"

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"

why should I take your opinion on board then? I would never ask anyone to take my opinion on board but that won't stop me from giving it.Just like I would read a short message the same as a long one but that don't mean I would take it as gospel what I had Read."

It's a shame you're so jaded and cynical. a bit of scepticism is healthy though.

over a year ago

"

why should I take your opinion on board then? I would never ask anyone to take my opinion on board but that won't stop me from giving it.Just like I would read a short message the same as a long one but that don't mean I would take it as gospel what I had Read.

It's a shame you're so jaded and cynical. a bit of scepticism is healthy though. "

Tut tut.

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

ah shure, if words mean nothing there's no reason to be offended.

Enhoy your sunday, folks!

over a year ago

"ah shure, if words mean nothing there's no reason to be offended.

Enhoy your sunday, folks!"

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 14:16:20]

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Portadown

I must have messaged nearly every woman on Fab "Fancy a fuck?" and not one single reply.

I just don't understand where I'm going wrong. Maybe it was the cock pics I attached showing it from ten different angles but I fail to see how they could not be impressed by its majestic beauty.

over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Portadown

I must have messaged nearly every woman on Fab "Fancy a fuck?" and not one single reply.

I just don't understand where I'm going wrong. Maybe it was the cock pics I attached showing it from ten different angles but I fail to see how they could not be impressed by its majestic beauty. "

Minimum of 12 angles for a reply, sorry.

over a year ago

"

"

Flip me, we didn't know you could Mark them as unread. Better get that Fab user manual out again...

By *ust4funcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Moira

"Lads stop listening to nonsense from couples and females who arent going to give u a second look anyway. Just come up with one message that's witty/cheeky, copy and paste it and blanket bomb them out there then. Zero effort, best results.100% agree with you here, I think some people take swinging way too serious all together! And single guys licking assholes of couples or ladies are so not sexy! Be your self! "

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Portadown

I just don't understand where I'm going wrong. Maybe it was the cock pics I attached showing it from ten different angles but I fail to see how they could not be impressed by its majestic beauty.

Minimum of 12 angles for a reply, sorry. "

Ah frig it. I may get the camera out and take two more pictures then from two more angles.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Stages to recieving a message to our profile.

1. Read message mark unread and check profile for several things. Do they match our criteria, how do they portray themselves through text. What are their likes, limits and preferences. Pics. Verifications.

2. Reread message and reply or delete.

If message is polite but we are not interested we reply thanks but no thanks and wish them well. If rude or no effort on profile or message we delete.

If interested in profile we reply so message length and wit doesn't matter at this stage but may be a factor further into discussions.

This is just how we do it and people differ but for us the profile is the deciding factor not just the message.

Madame Boo

over a year ago

"Stages to recieving a message to our profile.

1. Read message mark unread and check profile for several things. Do they match our criteria, how do they portray themselves through text. What are their likes, limits and preferences. Pics. Verifications.

If message is polite but we are not interested we reply thanks but no thanks and wish them well. If rude or no effort on profile or message we delete.

If interested in profile we reply so message length and wit doesn't matter at this stage but may be a factor further into discussions.

This is just how we do it and people differ but for us the profile is the deciding factor not just the message.

Madame Boo "

I think you ladies are letting the power go to your head's.Its a message on a sex site not an application to become President of the U.S.A.Lol

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

A witty one liner can be very effective.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Madame Boo I think you ladies are letting the power go to your head's.Its a message on a sex site not an application to become President of the U.S.A.Lol"

Apparently the filters don't work on the white house

over a year ago

Madame Boo I think you ladies are letting the power go to your head's.Its a message on a sex site not an application to become President of the U.S.A.Lol

"

Did he message you.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Madame Boo I think you ladies are letting the power go to your head's.Its a message on a sex site not an application to become President of the U.S.A.Lol

Did he message you."

Yes but we did not have sexual relations

over a year ago

Did he message you.

Yes but we did not have sexual relations"

Ah but did you play your Trump card.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

We never contact anyone unless we've read their profile to see if we'd be compatible etc. That's common sense isn't it? The problem is that lots of guys don't bother to do that. How do we know? Well we know because our profile says exactly what we're looking but most of the messages we get come from guys who just don't fit any of that so clearly they didn't read it. You can send the nicest message in the world but if you send it to people who aren't looking for what you're offering, are too far away or whatever then it's a waste of time.

Less is more, read profiles and send messages to people who actually fit.

over a year ago

"Portadown

I just don't understand where I'm going wrong. Maybe it was the cock pics I attached showing it from ten different angles but I fail to see how they could not be impressed by its majestic beauty. "

... Lol

over a year ago

People that demand effort are rarely worth the effort.

over a year ago

Madame Boo I think you ladies are letting the power go to your head's.Its a message on a sex site not an application to become President of the U.S.A.Lol"

couldn't agree more with this loving there egos been stroked lol

Post new Message to Thread