Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Lets Kick Back The Years...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good morning fabsters, lets get our shiny pants on and reel in the years. 60s 70s 80s 90s, Style, Fashion, Music, we were all masso through the decades, what style, culture sticks out for you...was it the mini skirt fluorescent pants, dont forget the armband, maybe you were a punk, skinhead..still got the docs caked in make-up, knee high socks, was it the bellbottoms that done it for you, with the lioncloth stuck to the chest, or riding down the road, sharp dressed man on the vespa what was your style?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For us it was 1990's Dublin club scene System in south Ann street and The shaft.

over a year ago

"For us it was 1990's Dublin club scene System in south Ann street and The shaft.

"

Did himself still have the mullet and tank top on.

over a year ago

I was a bit of a rocker ,into going to watch the likes of Thin Lizzy etc -some great times !

over a year ago

"I was a bit of a rocker ,into going to watch the likes of Thin Lizzy etc -some great times !"

Ah the uncrowned king of irish rock, great times is right, I was going up the sidestreet, banging my head off the wall to the sex pistols..never mind ya bollox

over a year ago

I was a grunge kid through and through - now where’s my checked shirt

over a year ago

"I was a grunge kid through and through - now where’s my checked shirt "

The brylcream years, added a whole different dimension to the hair, shit hot guitar play though.

over a year ago

I was a mod.

Still like my scooters

over a year ago

"I was a mod.

Still like my scooters

"

I was on the opposing side, threw plenty of bottles at you shower

over a year ago

I was very into the rave scene in the late 90s we used to wear hotpants with kneehigh socks and buffalo boots..seems hilarious now

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Ah, the joyful memories of the ballad sessions in smoky bars, with the odd trad session thrown in for good measure. Bliss! The Dublin City Ramblers with the great voice of Patsy Watchorn and The Barleycorn with Brian McCormick were my favourites... Christy, the Tones, a host of others who have faded away now. Great times! I have no memory of what I looked like but being a student in the eighties I probably looked shite while thinking I looked great.

Dé Dannan, Stockton's Wing.. The remains of The Dubliners... Fecking great times!

over a year ago

"For us it was 1990's Dublin club scene System in south Ann street and The shaft.

"

Sides was a regular fave of mine.

over a year ago

I was a disco diva lol manys a good night in the power house mohill

over a year ago

Sides was a regular fave of mine. "

Couldnt get a bottle of water for love nor money, had the mouth chewd of meself

over a year ago

Sides was a regular fave of mine.

Couldnt get a bottle of water for love nor money, had the mouth chewd of meself "

Haha. And the smell of poppers in there,good times.

over a year ago

"I was a mod.

Still like my scooters

I was on the opposing side, threw plenty of bottles at you shower "

Always like my punk and rock as well

over a year ago

"Ah, the joyful memories of the ballad sessions in smoky bars, with the odd trad session thrown in for good measure. Bliss! The Dublin City Ramblers with the great voice of Patsy Watchorn and The Barleycorn with Brian McCormick were my favourites... Christy, the Tones, a host of others who have faded away now. Great times! I have no memory of what I looked like but being a student in the eighties I probably looked shite while thinking I looked great.

Dé Dannan, Stockton's Wing.. The remains of The Dubliners... Fecking great times! "

I can just picture ya Michael, walking up baggott st with the perm blowing in the wind, and the gold crucifix trying to run ahead of ya.. haha thats a picture im just not going to be able to erase

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"I was a disco diva lol manys a good night in the power house mohill "

Good times indeed!

over a year ago

90s kid, total grunger and metaller. Still am lol

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Ah, the joyful memories of the ballad sessions in smoky bars, with the odd trad session thrown in for good measure. Bliss! The Dublin City Ramblers with the great voice of Patsy Watchorn and The Barleycorn with Brian McCormick were my favourites... Christy, the Tones, a host of others who have faded away now. Great times! I have no memory of what I looked like but being a student in the eighties I probably looked shite while thinking I looked great.

Dé Dannan, Stockton's Wing.. The remains of The Dubliners... Fecking great times!

I can just picture ya Michael, walking up baggott st with the perm blowing in the wind, and the gold crucifix trying to run ahead of ya.. haha thats a picture im just not going to be able to erase "

I had a buddy who used to get his hair permed occasionally. He laughed when I used to point out that he might be just a teensy weensy bit gay.

His boyfriend used to laugh as well.

over a year ago

A couple of friends and myself went to a 80s theme party couple night back, roller skate disco, ffs what a sight to behold, some crack, just about hanging together here with me bruises

Post new Message to Thread