Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

I want to scream and cry!!!

Jump to newest

By *heseekerofjoy OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I am so tired!

So sad, so disappointed.... so frustrated.

Honest to god I feel like crying.

Hopefully this writing will be therapeutic for me and will get some pressure off my chest.

I came in this country more than a year ago. For some reason, it felt like home and I fell in love with the city. Young professional, highly educated, open minded, flexible and above all positive! Full of energy and boldness.

And then it started. I worked hard for everything in my life and my successes are a result of blood and sweat. But the fact is...when I needed something, it appeared. My studies led me to the point of understanding that there is no luck, so I can't use the the term that I was lucky in my life...just that I was under a blessing.

And then it was time to pay my karmic debt. With huge interest!

Could not get a job whatsoever! I mean, I could find the ones that does not need any serious qualification, but I was tired of working at those jobs! I was one of the top students, awarded in my field of Project Management with rich experience and lots of achievements. And this is a booming job market.

I did everything right. I took professional advice regarding the CV, went to all job fairs, agencies, applied every single day on every single platform adjusting my CV and cover letters, mailing, phoning, knocking on doors...

Failure after failure after failure.

I have (or had) an extremely positive mindset. Always looked on bright side of thing and did not allowed myself to get depressed or desperate about the situation. But at some point, persistence grows into stupidity so I gave myself a fix date. If I don't find anything, it was just not meant to be...will pack my bags again and try somewhere else. And I finally got the job. In my field, with a decent salary and good people.

Then my relationship fell apart with the act of brutal savagery from my ex. After 10 years! As soon as I recovered from the misery not being able to find a job I was struck again. Hard.

Pick yourself from the floor and pack your bags. You are alone.

And my positive mind, my bright cheerful mindset managed did not to let me crash completely and fell into negativity. I have survived. I have faced my challenges and passed the test. I grew stronger! Found an awesome place in the city centre, with a big en-suite room with a balcony in a beautiful 3 bed apartment with two awesome roommates...10 min from my office

I was shattered, but as time passed I managed to silence my ego and get rid of my negativity that attacked me on regular basis, planting negative thoughts in my mind. I got better.

And now, for the first time in my life I can be honest regarding my sexuality, my kinks and my preferences. I am able to live it, to embrace it's full potential. I am an extremely sexual being. So full of energy, will and knowledge regarding it. Willing to give so so much! In need to finally grow with somebody embracing our sexuality, to explore even more, to develop ourselves together. The only piece of puzzle missing. A very big piece.

I have spread my nets around! Got involved in the society, munches, events, everything except Nimh (which prove to be a fatal mistake).

And yes, I have been struck again hard several times on that field as well. Which I should be used and accustomed to by now. But I was not.

The last two stories:

- I engage a chat with a beautiful girl here and we are having good crack. She states on her profile that she will never have kik communicate outside fet any way with anyone from here. I get a message from her on kik. We spend our days chatting, texting, sending pictures...and we have video calls almost on daily basis. But she is on her trip abroad and we can't meet until she returns. I get super excited and kind of fell for her in the meantime. She decided not to meet me because she is to anxious. Period. After 2-3 weeks of my time. Chatting video chatting, laughing.... Apparently it is too much for her to meet me over a cup of tea.

- The last girl, also beautiful and appears to be just the right fit. We spend our time texting, sending pictures, making jokes...having a blast. And making each other horny. Too good to be true we say from both sides. We want to meet badly but we have a different working schedule. After a week or more of our texting and trying to finally meet up, she notifies me that she had an awesome night with a guy she met at Nimh. Apparently, she managed to find time to meet with him. She could also say: thank you for making me horny for days with your texts and pictures...I put it into good use. She decided not to meet me since she didn't like the fact that I was not thrilled with it.

And then I do my mistakes. I get frustrated and sad. And in that state I reply to messages. But I am so tired of games. I am so tired of reviewing my every single message thinking will the other side take it wrong. I am so tired that it is so difficult just to find someone to sit with and have a conversation. That is all I want.

These are just some of the examples. I got stud up and dissapointed

on so many occasions lately. I don't know if I can take it anymore. I am not sure if my positive mindset has any energy left. It was struck to many times. I am not a bad guy. I am not a bad person. And yet, it seems impossible for me to show that.

I am just so tired and so disappointed. In the lack of compassion from other people, and in my mistakes caused by my growing frustration. Yes, I have become frustrated. I have become sad and I have become....I don't know what I have become.

God what I would give to be able to be alone, to raise myself above my lust, my libido and my sexuality. But I can't. I am self aware enough to know and accept my "demons".

I just feel I have no strength and positivity left inside of me. And that can probably be "seen" on me which makes me even further from my goal. Each strike brings me closer to the knockdown. And I am afraid that I will not be able to pick myself from the floor at some point.

I just don't know what to do...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wow ..well done that took some courage to write and post. Give yourself credit you seem to have come through alot of crap in your life and still fighting on. Don't allow swinging let downs get into your head, it's not what defines anyone ... You seem frustrated with the whole chasing meets and getting let down so maybe hide your profile have a rain check and do some dating in the real world

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Op life has twist and turns, that's just the way it is. Well done what you successfully battled so far but it isn't anything unusual or proportionally overly unlucky or anything like it.

Look upon it from a positive side: You have a roof over your head and a good job going for you. All that's missing is some female company.

Reading your fab experiences I get the impression dating would be more the thing you're looking for, so you might be on the wrong site.

Finally if you really feel that al is grey and dark and there's no way out of it, go and seek professional help.

over a year ago

Dublin

Of course it does not define me. And it's not about the swinging world or the society. It is in my need to have an open minded partner, similar to myself!

I am done with hiding!

But yes, I do feel a need to give up or take a long brake

over a year ago

"Of course it does not define me. And it's not about the swinging world or the society. It is in my need to have an open minded partner, similar to myself!

I am done with hiding!

But yes, I do feel a need to give up or take a long brake "

Many on fab aren't looking a partner however some have been lucky to find one. In the real world I guess then you just need to be honest from the outset with potential partners what it is your looking for and I really hope you find that Mr/Mrs right for you

over a year ago

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I had a period of about 6 months or more recently where everything in my life fell apart. Everything I tried to do failed. Every time I dared to hope, I was disappointed. I spent all my time expecting to be disappointed or expecting to fail and so I did. I know how daft this sounds but a few people kept telling me the same thing over and over.....if you focus on what you don't have, you will never have enough. If you focus on what you have instead, you attract more.

The things you worked for and didn't get weren't meant for you, they weren't right for you. You finally got your dream job in a perfect location with good housemates.

The women you spent time chatting to, who then decided not to meet you, also not right for you.

The right one will come along at the right time. But it's not now. You're too negative right now, your experiences have made you frustrated and angry. You are not attracting positive things or people.

So, as has been said, hide your profile, take a break. Give yourself a bit of headspace. And when you're ready to start again in a positive frame of mind, it will happen.

Best of luck (or blessings, if you prefer)

over a year ago

"I am so tired!

So sad, so disappointed.... so frustrated.

Honest to god I feel like crying.

Hopefully this writing will be therapeutic for me and will get some pressure off my chest.

I came in this country more than a year ago. For some reason, it felt like home and I fell in love with the city. Young professional, highly educated, open minded, flexible and above all positive! Full of energy and boldness.

And then it started. I worked hard for everything in my life and my successes are a result of blood and sweat. But the fact is...when I needed something, it appeared. My studies led me to the point of understanding that there is no luck, so I can't use the the term that I was lucky in my life...just that I was under a blessing.

And then it was time to pay my karmic debt. With huge interest!

Could not get a job whatsoever! I mean, I could find the ones that does not need any serious qualification, but I was tired of working at those jobs! I was one of the top students, awarded in my field of Project Management with rich experience and lots of achievements. And this is a booming job market.

I did everything right. I took professional advice regarding the CV, went to all job fairs, agencies, applied every single day on every single platform adjusting my CV and cover letters, mailing, phoning, knocking on doors...

Failure after failure after failure.

I have (or had) an extremely positive mindset. Always looked on bright side of thing and did not allowed myself to get depressed or desperate about the situation. But at some point, persistence grows into stupidity so I gave myself a fix date. If I don't find anything, it was just not meant to be...will pack my bags again and try somewhere else. And I finally got the job. In my field, with a decent salary and good people.

Then my relationship fell apart with the act of brutal savagery from my ex. After 10 years! As soon as I recovered from the misery not being able to find a job I was struck again. Hard.

Pick yourself from the floor and pack your bags. You are alone.

And my positive mind, my bright cheerful mindset managed did not to let me crash completely and fell into negativity. I have survived. I have faced my challenges and passed the test. I grew stronger! Found an awesome place in the city centre, with a big en-suite room with a balcony in a beautiful 3 bed apartment with two awesome roommates...10 min from my office

I was shattered, but as time passed I managed to silence my ego and get rid of my negativity that attacked me on regular basis, planting negative thoughts in my mind. I got better.

And now, for the first time in my life I can be honest regarding my sexuality, my kinks and my preferences. I am able to live it, to embrace it's full potential. I am an extremely sexual being. So full of energy, will and knowledge regarding it. Willing to give so so much! In need to finally grow with somebody embracing our sexuality, to explore even more, to develop ourselves together. The only piece of puzzle missing. A very big piece.

I have spread my nets around! Got involved in the society, munches, events, everything except Nimh (which prove to be a fatal mistake).

And yes, I have been struck again hard several times on that field as well. Which I should be used and accustomed to by now. But I was not.

The last two stories:

- I engage a chat with a beautiful girl here and we are having good crack. She states on her profile that she will never have kik communicate outside fet any way with anyone from here. I get a message from her on kik. We spend our days chatting, texting, sending pictures...and we have video calls almost on daily basis. But she is on her trip abroad and we can't meet until she returns. I get super excited and kind of fell for her in the meantime. She decided not to meet me because she is to anxious. Period. After 2-3 weeks of my time. Chatting video chatting, laughing.... Apparently it is too much for her to meet me over a cup of tea.

- The last girl, also beautiful and appears to be just the right fit. We spend our time texting, sending pictures, making jokes...having a blast. And making each other horny. Too good to be true we say from both sides. We want to meet badly but we have a different working schedule. After a week or more of our texting and trying to finally meet up, she notifies me that she had an awesome night with a guy she met at Nimh. Apparently, she managed to find time to meet with him. She could also say: thank you for making me horny for days with your texts and pictures...I put it into good use. She decided not to meet me since she didn't like the fact that I was not thrilled with it.

And then I do my mistakes. I get frustrated and sad. And in that state I reply to messages. But I am so tired of games. I am so tired of reviewing my every single message thinking will the other side take it wrong. I am so tired that it is so difficult just to find someone to sit with and have a conversation. That is all I want.

These are just some of the examples. I got stud up and dissapointed

on so many occasions lately. I don't know if I can take it anymore. I am not sure if my positive mindset has any energy left. It was struck to many times. I am not a bad guy. I am not a bad person. And yet, it seems impossible for me to show that.

I am just so tired and so disappointed. In the lack of compassion from other people, and in my mistakes caused by my growing frustration. Yes, I have become frustrated. I have become sad and I have become....I don't know what I have become.

God what I would give to be able to be alone, to raise myself above my lust, my libido and my sexuality. But I can't. I am self aware enough to know and accept my "demons".

I just feel I have no strength and positivity left inside of me. And that can probably be "seen" on me which makes me even further from my goal. Each strike brings me closer to the knockdown. And I am afraid that I will not be able to pick myself from the floor at some point.

I just don't know what to do..."

Jeez that was a struggle, getting to the end of the post I mean.. I take my hat off to you for being so honest, which I admire in a person, I have to be honest op, my mind went from thinking is this a story from a catfish programme to that poor man, even though I don't do self pity. It would appear to me that you have done very well for yourself in the short space of a year, career,new job, comfortable accomodation, and a new sense of hope. You say you are self aware, maybe take a step back and realise just how fortunate you are, as for the relationships.. im just not sure what it is your seeking, your encounters just seem quite intense for me.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

You had a meet 2 days ago fella.

over a year ago

"I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I had a period of about 6 months or more recently where everything in my life fell apart. Everything I tried to do failed. Every time I dared to hope, I was disappointed. I spent all my time expecting to be disappointed or expecting to fail and so I did. I know how daft this sounds but a few people kept telling me the same thing over and over.....if you focus on what you don't have, you will never have enough. If you focus on what you have instead, you attract more.

The things you worked for and didn't get weren't meant for you, they weren't right for you. You finally got your dream job in a perfect location with good housemates.

The women you spent time chatting to, who then decided not to meet you, also not right for you.

The right one will come along at the right time. But it's not now. You're too negative right now, your experiences have made you frustrated and angry. You are not attracting positive things or people.

So, as has been said, hide your profile, take a break. Give yourself a bit of headspace. And when you're ready to start again in a positive frame of mind, it will happen.

Best of luck (or blessings, if you prefer) "

Very good advice Sally !

I would advise taking a break OP,hide your profile and don't be so tough on yourself -life is a battlefield at times for us all.

Take care of yourself and speak to a professional if needs be x

over a year ago

"What dosent kill us makes us stronger"

Well done on getting your career where you want it but life is not perfect for everyone and anyone that says it is, is lying. We all have ups and downs the secret is to get on with it. And if something isnt right change it. Dont get me wrong ive been at the bottom of the barrel wondering when ard things going to change for me but ive realised its ul to me to change it.

I joined here as a friend thought it would boost my confidence as ive been single a long time and even with the knock backs, been stood up 8 times, been lied to etc. It has actually made me confident because the few genuine guys that i have met have been a pleasure to know.

Good on you for admitting what you want and hopefully you find someone to share and explore it with but be thankful for what you have because there are people out there who are struggling to survive. I work in a job where i see young and old people just give up and take their own lives and unfortunately it is happening everyday.

So take the highs and the lows but enjoy what you already have.

And heres a virtual hug xx

over a year ago

Fair play to u fella for getting that off ur chest . I do hope ur ok. Maybe fab isn't the site for u. Your only 28 still young and there is a lot more bad things out there that can happen. Count yourself lucky enjoy what you've got and think positive

over a year ago

Should always remember that's there's always someone worse of than you. Seek professional help instead of a swingers forum. May be blunt but that's my opinion.

over a year ago

Dublin

Thank you all for the advices. Yes, I am aware that I need to take a break since all of my free time was dedicated on getting dates...before I got stud up for the X time.

And yes, there are much things I need to feel grateful to. It's jut the thing that when I have everything settled in my life and can finally be honest and open, I find myself struggling with the area that I had no problems whatsoever before.

over a year ago

1. Fair play for writting this, it takes a lot of courage to put your emotions and behaviour out there for the public to see and comment on.

2. I'd recommend seeing a professional.

3. You need to stop investing so much time and energy in online dating, or even dating in general. You seem desperate to find someone and there's is nothing more off-putting than desperation in a potential partner.

4. Stop placing so much of the blame onto other people for your situations. People don't owe you anything. Just because you have chatted every day on kik or where-ever doesn't mean they have to meet you in person. You need to take rejection better.

5. See point 2. I really think it would be a big help to you as I'm not sure if taking a break will simply solve your problems. It seems more deeper than that.

6. I hope you don't take my comments to harshly. I've made plenty of mistakes and done plenty of stupid things when it comes to members of the opposite sex. The important thing is to learn from those and not just blame the opposite party.

7. Best of luck going forward.

over a year ago

I would say take a break from dating and enjoy other things you like to do like hobbies etc for while ya mind need break from it to refresh yourself

over a year ago

Dublin

That is exactly what I am going to do.

over a year ago

As other posters have said it sounds like its a good idea to take a break, for me as a woman reading this post and previous ones of yours is that they/you are a little intense and its a little off putting..( please dont take offence to that)

I wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide...

This place is about having fun so lets try get back to that..

over a year ago

"As other posters have said it sounds like its a good idea to take a break, for me as a woman reading this post and previous ones of yours is that they/you are a little intense and its a little off putting..( please dont take offence to that)

I wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide...

This place is about having fun so lets try get back to that.."

There's nothing fun in Naas.

over a year ago

Dublin

I am not little intense...I am intense a lot.

That is who and what I am...and I don't want to mask it.

over a year ago

And its great that you own this about you,im certainly not suggesting you change...but you put this on a public forum for advise/opinions so thats what you are getting even if we are not saying what you want..

Best of luck in whatever you decide..

over a year ago

"I am not little intense...I am intense a lot.

That is who and what I am...and I don't want to mask it. "

Your lust for life may take you over the edge, or someone else for that matter..just reading back over your responses here, would raise red flags to me.

over a year ago

"Should always remember that's there's always someone worse of than you. Seek professional help instead of a swingers forum. May be blunt but that's my opinion. "

Not sure a swingers forum is best place for this kind of help. Probably not best place to be either after rereading your OP.

Hope you find the support you need.

Post new Message to Thread