Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

CityWest Hotel

Jump to newest

By *oghunter33 OP   Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I recently stayed at the citywest hotel due to work, what an awful place!!! It's like a factory where they put people through to get some sleep or whatever. It's very functional nothing charming about it, all laid out to put as many through it as possible, surrounded by motorways and far away from anything that smells of individuality. Even the girls at the reception looked all the same, fake tan, fake eyebrows, same lipstick, my suspicion was that they're aliens. But the place was buzzing with weddings, birthday parties, families, teenagers etcetera. Still can't get my head around why anyone would stay in a hotel like that beside for business purpose and needing a bed to sleep.

Anyhow does it matter to you where and what a hotel is like for a meet?

Or are you more like once it's clean and has robust furnitures it's okay?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Because I'm in Dublin, if I'm meeting in a hotel, it'll usually be outside Dublin and better value...

So far, I've been lucky with hotels so have gone for cozy and even plush which has helped make for a more memorable meet ...

However, with hormones, money, short notice and availability some Fabbers may have to go for what's on offer and what their "play" budget allows...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Going back a couple of years, partner and myself stayed in the carlton hotel in blanchardstown, heading to the venue on a saturday night. Driving upto the hotel, which seemed to be in the middle of no where, we were met by this horribly dark and eerie building, like something out of the communist era of the gulag, immediately turned me off, irregardless of the interior, to make matters worse, coming down to the foyer the following morning the bar was closed, and a drink couldn't be had for love nor money, thanks to a fab member here, who kindly dropped us to the local pub Never Again..

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Because I'm in Dublin, if I'm meeting in a hotel, it'll usually be outside Dublin and better value...

So far, I've been lucky with hotels so have gone for cozy and even plush which has helped make for a more memorable meet ...

However, with hormones, money, short notice and availability some Fabbers may have to go for what's on offer and what their "play" budget allows..."

I completely understand the cost factor. A hotel room on a Friday or Saturday in Dublin can be ridiculously expensive, especially when there's a special event on. That's why I opt for weekdays when possible.

over a year ago

I was at a m&g in it a few years back and I'd a great nights Craic even tho I got lost in the west wing lol

By *ussyLicker1971Man
over a year ago

DDD12

"I recently stayed at the citywest hotel due to work, what an awful place!!! It's like a factory where they put people through to get some sleep or whatever. It's very functional nothing charming about it, all laid out to put as many through it as possible, surrounded by motorways and far away from anything that smells of individuality. Even the girls at the reception looked all the same, fake tan, fake eyebrows, same lipstick, my suspicion was that they're aliens. But the place was buzzing with weddings, birthday parties, families, teenagers etcetera. Still can't get my head around why anyone would stay in a hotel like that beside for business purpose and needing a bed to sleep.

"

I live near it, could of stayed in mine for free, with, Breakfast in Bed, .

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Going back a couple of years, partner and myself stayed in the carlton hotel in blanchardstown, heading to the venue on a saturday night. Driving upto the hotel, which seemed to be in the middle of no where, we were met by this horribly dark and eerie building, like something out of the communist era of the gulag, immediately turned me off, irregardless of the interior, to make matters worse, coming down to the foyer the following morning the bar was closed, and a drink couldn't be had for love nor money, thanks to a fab member here, who kindly dropped us to the local pub Never Again.. "

Yeah those periphery hotels are all similar and you feel cut off from the rest of the world. I always aim for city centre hotels, to have the full range of entertainment available and freedom of going anywhere without needing a car. I happily sacrifice some interior luxury for a decent location as long as it's clean.

By *evilinsidemeMan
over a year ago

Trim

Stayed in apartment in cork that was shared with four others who were going to the same party.

It was great place and made meeting everyone easier and more comfortable.

Because I was so relaxed had a great weekend.

If I'm going to share hotel for met would much prefer it to be cosy and friendly.

Not a chain, in out, get money and be full type like the Citywest.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I recently stayed at the citywest hotel due to work, what an awful place!!! It's like a factory where they put people through to get some sleep or whatever. It's very functional nothing charming about it, all laid out to put as many through it as possible, surrounded by motorways and far away from anything that smells of individuality. Even the girls at the reception looked all the same, fake tan, fake eyebrows, same lipstick, my suspicion was that they're aliens. But the place was buzzing with weddings, birthday parties, families, teenagers etcetera. Still can't get my head around why anyone would stay in a hotel like that beside for business purpose and needing a bed to sleep.

I live near it, could of stayed in mine for free, with, Breakfast in Bed, ."

Tak. Work is work and fab is fab, I don't mix them.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I was at a m&g in it a few years back and I'd a great nights Craic even tho I got lost in the west wing lol "

Pmsl, did you get lost on purpose?

over a year ago

Tak. Work is work and fab is fab, I don't mix them. "

Maybe their is a opportunity to combine both hunter,consider the possibility of Trip advisor for all things fab.

By *ussyLicker1971Man
over a year ago

DDD12

Tak. Work is work and fab is fab, I don't mix them. "

Well if you ever would like to Fab out here then

By *andsomeman100Man
over a year ago

Ah sure now...

The hotel does kind of matter. I've had a few meets where when we come down we get filthy looks! Not a big deal really, but I'd prefer not to have to deal with that kind of crap. Its grand for all nighters, but for day/afternoon sessions I prefer a place where you can come and go easily and they have a drop box for checking out. It tends to be easier in busier hotels or the mid range business hotel chains.

over a year ago

Wasn't CityWest taken into 'care' by NAMA, so probably just run as a cash register by a firm of administratiors to get money into the 'public purse'.

over a year ago

We were at 2 m&g as well but from a different swingers site and we had great time at both hotel was very functional for what we wanted

By *ussyLicker1971Man
over a year ago

DDD12

"Wasn't CityWest taken into 'care' by NAMA, so probably just run as a cash register by a firm of administratiors to get money into the 'public purse'."

Austrian or Swiss bank I believe.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"My suspicion was that they're aliens".

Mwahahaha brilliant.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

I personally prefer charm and character in a hotel room and if it's spacious all the better for fabbing but cold, unfriendly, money grabbing ones... I won't be caught twice. I stayed in one like this for a meet & greet that was awful, a complete rip off and over charging for all thing's mediocre!

Madame Boo

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

Its a kip. Its been a kip for years but everything else in the area is also a kip so its popular enough as most of the other ones are as bad or worse.

Its beacuse its slightly out of town and has parking that its popular enough .

And like others have said there are some good hotels around but unless you are midweek you will pay a bomb.

Register with the hotel booking apps and you get better offers and deals. Some give you a free night after 10 bookings.

I have stayed in some great hotels for little or no money by booking ahead or getting a deal but during the recession lots of hotels standards dropped and when they started to pick up again the standards never picked up again.

The dark brown furniture and damaged walls is a sign its not going to be a great stay usually.

over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Its a kip. Its been a kip for years but everything else in the area is also a kip so its popular enough as most of the other ones are as bad or worse.

Its beacuse its slightly out of town and has parking that its popular enough .

And like others have said there are some good hotels around but unless you are midweek you will pay a bomb.

Register with the hotel booking apps and you get better offers and deals. Some give you a free night after 10 bookings.

I have stayed in some great hotels for little or no money by booking ahead or getting a deal but during the recession lots of hotels standards dropped and when they started to pick up again the standards never picked up again.

The dark brown furniture and damaged walls is a sign its not going to be a great stay usually.

"

You're rather smart Sean but I know that already for a while. Please go and book a nice hotel in advance and let me know when.

Yeah they tried to cover up the wall damages with wallpaper patches, it looked hilarious.

over a year ago

Will anyone be staying there for the darts in a few weeks, Be nice to meet up after for a few drinks and a chat

over a year ago

"Will anyone be staying there for the darts in a few weeks, Be nice to meet up after for a few drinks and a chat

"

After that review you must be kidding

Post new Message to Thread