Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Are all the genuine people gone?!

Jump to newest

By *ricurious OP   Couple
over a year ago

Galway

Why is it so hard to did genuine people here! Not only here but on most sites. The men actally seem to be more upfront and genuine that the ladies, which is typical of course as I am not looking for men.

Have had several ghosts that just dissappear after days of chatting and a good handful of no show's that don't have the balls or decency to cancel. Am I just extremely unlucky or is it have have sh#t taste in women!! Is it only me??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Here's the flip side of the coin...

I've often seen a status update with

"Where are the good guys/gents?"

"Why am I only meeting assholes?"

I read their profile and reply with a good ice breaker only to read "message deleted"

...happens 100% of time to me.

Which leads me to think:

Either some people actually want assholes...

...are unlucky in that they attract assholes...

Or are simply just attention seekers ...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Here's the flip side of the coin...

I read their profile and reply with a good ice breaker only to read "message deleted"

Which leads me to think:

Or are simply just attention seekers ..."

agree with most of the points here but some profiles on here are just fake and on to cause trouble also

over a year ago

OP won't help your search if you are insinuating that ladies are less genuine than men.

Think of it from a single ladies perspective. It is nerve wrecking to meet new people never mind 2 at once, and 2 that are in a relationship. I as a single fem would never meet a couple where the female isn't at least willing to meet separately for a social. As I have to be totally comfortable with the lady and feel that the lady comfortable with me.

You are only on 8 weeks and have had a meet so must be doing something right.

Good luck

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

We've been rumbled,this site has no genuine people only robots programmed by Cyberdyne systems to find swinging people and couples who may save the future through the fab forums,you are now a target for TERMINATION hasta la vista OP

over a year ago

Well I'm genuine but maybe ye tink I'm not because I have been finding it hard to gt a meet in the Galway area just don't known why I feel like the nerd who gt known action on this site I thought it would be easier here to meet open minded genuine people but how wrong could I be I'm better in the pub what makes me different here I'm all sad no 1 want me here ??????

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

what's the fab definition of "genuine people"?

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"what's the fab definition of "genuine people"?"

----------------

That question, my Fab friend is right up there with: "What's the meaning of life?" or "who am I?"

The word "genuine" gets bandied around so much on Fab that's it's become the most disingenuous term on Fab in and of itself

I think its supposed to mean "just like you, am here for the same thing" but has now become a parody and pantomime character of itself ...

"I'm a nice person and I like sex" is longer but much more genuine ...

over a year ago

"OP won't help your search if you are insinuating that ladies are less genuine than men.

Think of it from a single ladies perspective. It is nerve wrecking to meet new people never mind 2 at once, and 2 that are in a relationship. I as a single fem would never meet a couple where the female isn't at least willing to meet separately for a social. As I have to be totally comfortable with the lady and feel that the lady comfortable with me.

Good luck "

Couldn't agree more x

over a year ago

I had a great coffee and chat today with what I would term a genuine person. There are some great people on fab and some not so great. For what it's worth I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet and it's making a big difference. A thick skin, a good attitude and some patience and people are actually great. There's hope yet folks

over a year ago

Same as that last text i had a very genuine social hike with a fab sexy lady yesterday thought and attention went into it we had a very stimulating conversation and as they say watch this space

over a year ago

I'm here

over a year ago

"Same as that last text i had a very genuine social hike with a fab sexy lady yesterday thought and attention went into it we had a very stimulating conversation and as they say watch this space "

Great to hear. Hopefully it goes really well. Nothing beats treating someone like a human being.

over a year ago

I'm sure there is plenty nice ladies on this hard part is finding them lol

over a year ago

"Why is it so hard to did genuine people here! Not only here but on most sites. The men actally seem to be more upfront and genuine that the ladies, which is typical of course as I am not looking for men.

Have had several ghosts that just dissappear after days of chatting and a good handful of no show's that don't have the balls or decency to cancel. Am I just extremely unlucky or is it have have sh#t taste in women!! Is it only me??"

Your profile is a little confusing, in that you are a couple but the profile text is mostly 'I' and not 'we', much the same as your post. It also says you don't meet separately, yet it's just 'I' looking for women. It might be putting some people off.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Makes me think: Should I apologise on behalf of all the fab ladies that don't show up?

By *ost-KittensCouple
over a year ago

dublin

As you're coming to KK next week you'll find nothing but hot genuine people including a double digit helping of single females.

Fabs has many things to recommend it - but the sad fact is that the bulk of profiles are fake and just designed to get their creator 'off' by satisfying their kink of talking to people who are more sexually liberated than they are. Its real wish fulfilment stuff. Everyone, male, female, couples, wrestle with this.

But after next weekend you'll certainly not have to worry as you'll find your dance card full. X

#whiteandgold.

over a year ago

"Why is it so hard to did genuine people here! Not only here but on most sites. The men actally seem to be more upfront and genuine that the ladies, which is typical of course as I am not looking for men.

Have had several ghosts that just dissappear after days of chatting and a good handful of no show's that don't have the balls or decency to cancel. Am I just extremely unlucky or is it have have sh#t taste in women!! Is it only me??

Your profile is a little confusing, in that you are a couple but the profile text is mostly 'I' and not 'we', much the same as your post. It also says you don't meet separately, yet it's just 'I' looking for women. It might be putting some people off. "

I thought the same

By *cilWoman
over a year ago

Wexford

"For what it's worth I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet and it's making a big difference."

Great attitude to have. I'm always just myself if someone like me then that's great, if not well that's ok too.

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Tralee

"For what it's worth I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet and it's making a big difference.

Great attitude to have. I'm always just myself if someone like me then that's great, if not well that's ok too. "

Same as I've been well away home this weekend... met some people here because I made the effort to meet them and if you do you will eventually...

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"For what it's worth I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet and it's making a big difference."

Just be careful with the lipstick. Most men dressing as women tend to overdo it.

over a year ago

"For what it's worth I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet and it's making a big difference.

Great attitude to have. I'm always just myself if someone like me then that's great, if not well that's ok too.

Same as I've been well away home this weekend... met some people here because I made the effort to meet them and if you do you will eventually..."

Well I'm not sure I'm the person id like to meet, but in general I'm honest, and don't intentionally set out to hurt people in anyway, I may piss some people off at times with the wit or banter here on the forum, but in expressing your real self on a open forum such as this, you always run the risk of having your opinion challenged, which is ok, as long as its not done maliciously..

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Yeah everyone's gone...

We are all just holograms...

Well apart from me.. I'm real..

But trogladyte is an acquired taste...

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Well I have had a few women and a couple mess me about . So there is messers on every site guaranteed .

over a year ago

"Makes me think: Should I apologise on behalf of all the fab ladies that don't show up? "

Just don't go UNLOS when you do.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Makes me think: Should I apologise on behalf of all the fab ladies that don't show up? "

----------------

...yes you should...

...and also for the lazy "fill in later" profiles, not reading and replying to every single guys message, any granny knickers ever worn or gum chewed on a meet... by a woman or a man for that matter

Well...

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Which leads me to think:

I definitely think that on Fab and dating sites there are a lot of women who are just lonely, bored or want attention. Not all women. Just from my own experience as I have encountered many.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Which leads me to think:

Or are simply just attention seekers ...

I definitely think that on Fab and dating sites there are a lot of women who are just lonely, bored or want attention. Not all women. Just from my own experience as I have encountered many."

----------

Would have to agree. Although some of you women are lovely and yummy

...there are a FEW of you with absolutely no intention of meeting anybody but fail to put up "not meeting just chatting" on their profiles

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Most of the profiles are just browsers. Even some who are verified as they've either been verified by web cam or a quick meet. Ive lost count with the number of players who either deleted thier profiles or blocked me the minute I say see you in 5 minutes what's your address. I now stick with the people I know and trust xx

over a year ago

I think genuine is a relevant term what's genuine to some won't be to others. From my side since I rejoined and especially over the last few months there are a few players about pretending to be genuine and crowd pleasers using charm to garner meets. To me and most men and women I've chatted to here it's easy to see through these but many are taken in by them.

By *ollymouse3Woman
over a year ago

sligo

over a year ago

Well I'm genuine and I'm still here....it's all about me me me....Lol....

over a year ago

Think its same with every site some fake some genuine. Thankfully met a few genuine also been nessed about too but its a learning curve. Hold on and enjoy the ride

By *tanonieMan
over a year ago

killorglin

Me me me

over a year ago

Just be careful with the lipstick. Most men dressing as women tend to overdo it. "

I am assuming this is a light hearted comment but not every gay man dresses as a woman.

over a year ago

Which leads me to think:

Here! Here!

over a year ago

Genuine guy here......a crap ye all beat me to it lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/09/17 06:46:53]

over a year ago

"OP won't help your search if you are insinuating that ladies are less genuine than men.

Good luck

Couldn't agree more x

"

agree with you both but it can also be nerve wrecking for a single guy as well meeting people for the first time, I remember I was a bag of nerves when meeting cpls even just for a social meet but soon calmed down when we all got chatting.

over a year ago

You've just had some bad experience

Don't give up

over a year ago

"

Have had several ghosts that just dissappear after days of chatting"

Genuine ghosts do that

over a year ago

Am me and don't try 2 be any one I am not. Profile says it has it is. Not for everyone I know but it's me. Am having a good time hear mostly. LoL.

Keep it real. Don't be fake.

over a year ago

Yeah absolutely.

I think a new thread and a 500 intro should almost get you to forgiveness. A little more grovelling and you'll be well on your way to absolution.

over a year ago

"Makes me think: Should I apologise on behalf of all the fab ladies that don't show up?

Yeah absolutely.

I think a new thread and a 500 intro should almost get you to forgiveness. A little more grovelling and you'll be well on your way to absolution. "

Good luck with that one

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Just be careful with the lipstick. Most men dressing as women tend to overdo it.

I am assuming this is a light hearted comment but not every gay man dresses as a woman. "

What? It had nothing to do with gay men at all..where did you get that from?

Just in case you missed it, the crucial bit, which I quoted, is this...."I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet". Him not being gay despite what you seem to think presumably means he wants to meet a woman, therefore... oh never mind, you'll figure it out yourself

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I am assuming this is a light hearted comment but not every gay man dresses as a woman.

What? It had nothing to do with gay men at all..where did you get that from?

Just in case you missed it, the crucial bit, which I quoted, is this...."I am trying to be the person I'd like to meet". Him not being gay despite what you seem to think presumably means he wants to meet a woman, therefore... oh never mind, you'll figure it out yourself

"

Oh wait, it seems I looked at the wrong profile since it turns out he is gay! lol, never mind..

over a year ago

Good luck "

Well said, a single woman has to be sure she isn't going to get up in something because jealousy creeps in, a single woman has to be 100% the couple are solid

over a year ago

Good luck

Well said, a single woman has to be sure she isn't going to get up in something because jealousy creeps in, a single woman has to be 100% the couple are solid "

By *trangetides41Man
over a year ago

Kildare

Which leads me to think:

totally agree I find it so frustrating and it doesn't instill me with much confidence

Post new Message to Thread