Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Boring forum/s

Jump to newest

By *jb_1980 OP   Man
over a year ago

limerick

Anyone else feel its a little stale or boring at the moment?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep

By *kmanMan
over a year ago

Letterkenny

Yep way too pc these days

over a year ago

Ya sure is

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/09/17 13:54:13]

over a year ago

..shakes his head..kick it off so..

By *eductively_SweetWoman
over a year ago

wexford

yep

By *BelfastGuyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Anyone else feel its a little stale or boring at the moment?

"

The floor yours.

Fill your boots.

Start the debates

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

It's all well and good saying the forums are boring, stale, etc...

So, here's a big idea ...

Start an "exciting" forum yourself.. What are you passionate about??? What's your interests or hobbies? What would you like to get advise on???

A bit of creativity, imagination and fresh insight into a new forum can work wonders ...

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Anyone else feel its a little stale or boring at the moment?

The floor yours.

Fill your boots.

Start the debates

"

Amen

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

Yes it is.

Think people are put off posting cos of the negative feedback.

I know I am.

By *ugarandspice101Couple
over a year ago

Belfast

Yep

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Yes it is.

I know I am."

-----------

Well, if everybody thought that way, the forums would be a lonely place indeed...

I've put up forums where I've got a great chat going and others where I've got crickets...

A risk you take every time you start a forum...

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Yes it is.

I know I am.

-----------

Well, if everybody thought that way, the forums would be a lonely place indeed...

I've put up forums where I've got a great chat going and others where I've got crickets...

A risk you take every time you start a forum..."

--------

Anyway, forums are forgotten after a few days anyway so wouldn't sweat it

over a year ago

Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure.

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

"Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure. "

Thank you

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure.

Thank you"

---------------------

Tbh I was like that myself at the start. Would type analyse and re-write just in case someone took exception to my words..

And you know what?

Someone did take exception and was both ignorant and rude to me. There was also a few white knights thrown in... However a lot of Fabbers were supportive and stuck up for me and I've even got to meet a few of them since

So, as a great poet (willy Shakespeare I think?) once said "every rose has its thorn"

over a year ago

"Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure. "
bang on. The forum used to be great craic when I first started here and even if it was a bit pg at times there was no bitc_iness like there is now and along with the amount of trolls and fakes now it's just a browse and go place anymore. Everything changes sometimes for good but here it went for the worst

over a year ago

Nope.

over a year ago

Yep

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure. bang on. The forum used to be great craic when I first started here and even if it was a bit pg at times there was no bitc_iness like there is now and along with the amount of trolls and fakes now it's just a browse and go place anymore. Everything changes sometimes for good but here it went for the worst "

You're dreaming in afraid. The forum is actually sterile compared to what it was like three or four years ago. Almost every single thread used to end up with bans, posts and entire threads being deleted. It is so much calmer than it used to be. Most of the complaints above seem to be suggesting that it's actually too pc and boring.

over a year ago

If all posters on thread are criticising the forum, are we not then criticising ourselves?

Then change it so

over a year ago

It is too PC here these days along with all the white nights.

I like being a dick because dicks fuck pussies and dicks also fuck ass holes.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"If all posters on thread are criticising the forum, are we not then criticising ourselves?

Then change it so "

---------

Enough said

over a year ago

"If all posters on thread are criticising the forum, are we not then criticising ourselves?

Then change it so "

Wise lady, as always

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Then change it so

Wise lady, as always "

...with a cracking arse as well!

over a year ago

Then change it so

Wise lady, as always

...with a cracking arse as well! "

Trust you Mick. Though there is scientific evidence the fatter the arse the smarter the lady..according to Oxford university so my brains must be in my butt

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/news/a41272/women-bigger-bums-smarter-healthier/

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/09/17 18:18:42]

over a year ago

"Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure. bang on. The forum used to be great craic when I first started here and even if it was a bit pg at times there was no bitc_iness like there is now and along with the amount of trolls and fakes now it's just a browse and go place anymore. Everything changes sometimes for good but here it went for the worst

You're dreaming in afraid. The forum is actually sterile compared to what it was like three or four years ago. Almost every single thread used to end up with bans, posts and entire threads being deleted. It is so much calmer than it used to be. Most of the complaints above seem to be suggesting that it's actually too pc and boring. "

The good old days. Shame they went as the forums where first class entertainment

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan
over a year ago

newcastle

No they are terrific

over a year ago

"It is too PC here these days along with all the white nights.

I like being a dick because dicks fuck pussies and dicks also fuck ass holes."

Take it you do a lot of wanking

over a year ago

"Nasty comments or pms put people off commenting for sure. bang on. The forum used to be great craic when I first started here and even if it was a bit pg at times there was no bitc_iness like there is now and along with the amount of trolls and fakes now it's just a browse and go place anymore. Everything changes sometimes for good but here it went for the worst

You're dreaming in afraid. The forum is actually sterile compared to what it was like three or four years ago. Almost every single thread used to end up with bans, posts and entire threads being deleted. It is so much calmer than it used to be. Most of the complaints above seem to be suggesting that it's actually too pc and boring. "

I won't fight with ya Mike but I disagree

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

You're dreaming in afraid. The forum is actually sterile compared to what it was like three or four years ago. Almost every single thread used to end up with bans, posts and entire threads being deleted. It is so much calmer than it used to be. Most of the complaints above seem to be suggesting that it's actually too pc and boring. I won't fight with ya Mike but I disagree "

I'm right though. The forum was like a bloodbath. There were threads removed on a daily basis. There were regular fights between the same few people who would eventually get lifetime bans only to reappear a week later with a new profile. It was incredibly entertaining but extremely disfunctional. You couldn't discuss anything without a row starting. There were also some seriously intense debates about issues like religion, politics, clerical abuse, etc, and then the one where someone wished the English queen a happy birthday. That was hilarious and timeouts aplenty. I'm sure there are still plenty here who'll remember back that length. The forum these days is incredibly calm compared to then.

over a year ago

Ah I know what you're on about now that was the start of the down fall of the forum, but before that it was a happy place at times

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Its not the first time I have walked away from the Ireland forum because of infighting bitching and general bad tempted private fights carried out on threads

Probably won't be the last either.

But if people are bored with the forums then they have the power to change it ....

Post some different threads.

Who knows it may even attract some of those who peek inside then go away because they don't like what they see ...

Or worse when they attempt to participate they are targeted or made to feel unwelcome..

Forums....inclusive..

Not always...

Post new Message to Thread