Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Trolls

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I just watched a programme about online trolls..

To cut a long story short a woman was hounded by the most abusive comments by one person...

The guys the programme hired to track the Troll down using the twitter account he had, convinced him to meet his victim face to face to explain his abuse.....

And as expected he sat in the room with his tail between his legs shaking like a shitting dog.....

And just made me think about, would the trolls on fab be as brave face to face as they are on their keyboards :-/

Just thought I would share a thought

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not a hope....They'd be propped scardy cats....!!

over a year ago

"Not a hope....They'd be propped scardy cats....!!"

Lol exactly !!

I just wonder why some people think its ok to be abusive because they are on a phone typing :-/

over a year ago

"So I just watched a programme about online trolls..

To cut a long story short a woman was hounded by the most abusive comments by one person...

The guys the programme hired to track the Troll down using the twitter account he had, convinced him to meet his victim face to face to explain his abuse.....

And as expected he sat in the room with his tail between his legs shaking like a shitting dog.....

And just made me think about, would the trolls on fab be as brave face to face as they are on their keyboards :-/

Just thought I would share a thought

"

No, they're dhitty little spineless arseholes. Cowards thru n thtu, regardless of what site they post on

over a year ago

I agree !!

I just wonder what makes the trolls mind tick that they even think of sending abuse to someone they don't know !!

I know I don't have enough time In my life to think of sending hate mail ...

I barely get enough to send a fancy the pants off you mail !

over a year ago

Of course they wouldn't be that brave. The sad thing about trolls is they take their time and try really haRd to troll so put them in a face to face meeting and they would most likely sit with a blank face looking like a scolded child.....they are losers!!

Rant over

over a year ago

Why would someone waste so much energy scrunched up on a sofa all tense with a screwed up face thinking of something nasty to say to someone they don't know !!

Personaly I would rather be sprawling on the sofa relaxed and reading and commenting to something with a smile on my face !

over a year ago

Some people are just nuts.

Can you imagine how shit it would be if your only way to feel some sort of buzz is to try hurt or knock somebody who has done nothing to you???

Mind blowing.

Give me a comfy sofa to sprawl out happily on any day.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Been watching it for a few weeks now. Amazes me that some dont even think they've done wrong and its the victim's fault for reading it. Their excuse is 'its a public forum. They can write what they like and if they dont like what I've wrote, they don't have to read it'

I wonder where we have heard that before

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I always champion a public forum and open debate, as some of you will know. Many different views can be expressed and responded to accordingly. It's healthy and allows us all to see and hopefully understand different opinions and where they come from.

However abuse is abhorrent and needs to become socially unacceptable. There's lots of trolls, thinking they're being smart/funny/one-upmanship online and yes, I agree. Anyone that does that should be put in a padded room with the person they said it to and asked to vocalise what they said online.

I'm being nice with the padded room, so when the other person smacks them one, they don't bang their heads when they fall. A lesson is required, not a killing.

Would be nice if keyboards have your fingers an electric shock if you wrote something nasty, wouldn't it!

over a year ago

"Why would someone waste so much energy scrunched up on a sofa all tense with a screwed up face thinking of something nasty to say to someone they don't know !!

Personaly I would rather be sprawling on the sofa relaxed and reading and commenting to something with a smile on my face !"

Hahaha... I was gonna write about other things to be doing on the sofa but etiquette keeps whispering in my ear...'manners Tony manners'.....

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Why would someone waste so much energy scrunched up on a sofa all tense with a screwed up face thinking of something nasty to say to someone they don't know !!

Personaly I would rather be sprawling on the sofa relaxed and reading and commenting to something with a smile on my face !"

Yes indeed. Much prefer to be on your sofa, putting a smile on your face

over a year ago

"I agree !!

I just wonder what makes the trolls mind tick that they even think of sending abuse to someone they don't know !!

I barely get enough to send a fancy the pants off you mail !"

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will figure out the mind set of said people ( trolls ) ... I think it's their kink and how they get off ... hiding behind a screen and insulting and abusing people .. as for face to face ... of course if they were caught they'd sit with tail between their legs and some woe is me story ... sadly I doubt it will ever stop ... frustrating to say the least .. as soon as said sad trolls get a response / reaction they are happy ... a sad but true fact

over a year ago

"I always champion a public forum and open debate, as some of you will know. Many different views can be expressed and responded to accordingly. It's healthy and allows us all to see and hopefully understand different opinions and where they come from.

However abuse is abhorrent and needs to become socially unacceptable. There's lots of trolls, thinking they're being smart/funny/one-upmanship online and yes, I agree. Anyone that does that should be put in a padded room with the person they said it to and asked to vocalise what they said online.

I'm being nice with the padded room, so when the other person smacks them one, they don't bang their heads when they fall. A lesson is required, not a killing.

Would be nice if keyboards have your fingers an electric shock if you wrote something nasty, wouldn't it!"

What a brill idea !! Lovely thought If someone trying to be insulting / abusing getting electric shocks ... then again maybe they'd enjoy that too !!!

over a year ago

"I agree !!

I barely get enough to send a fancy the pants off you mail !

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will figure out the mind set of said people ( trolls ) ... I think it's their kink and how they get off ... hiding behind a screen and insulting and abusing people .. as for face to face ... of course if they were caught they'd sit with tail between their legs and some woe is me story ... sadly I doubt it will ever stop ... frustrating to say the least .. as soon as said sad trolls get a response / reaction they are happy ... a sad but true fact "

Have to say miss poppy I think your right about it being a trolls kink. ..

It must make them feel empowered in some way....

Clearly the troll lacks something in real life that makes them lash out on a keyboard :-/

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

You have to be careful..ive been trolled by a very intelligent 'genuine' well thought of fabber..its easy to closet and stereotype them..but trolls come in all guises..

.but agree op...cant understand the mentality of ppl who enjoy hurting others on purpose...weird..

over a year ago

"You have to be careful..ive been trolled by a very intelligent 'genuine' well thought of fabber..its easy to closet and stereotype them..but trolls come in all guises..

.but agree op...cant understand the mentality of ppl who enjoy hurting others on purpose...weird.. "

Hope it's all settled down for you now XP. ...

Rise above it the person clearly doesn't know you as a person....x

over a year ago

I very rarely post on the Irish forum for this very reason OP.

Poppy what you've said it true too.

I would like to add I think also for some its because of rejection. They may have been used to getting what they want in life, work, family, school or at home etc and then suddenly being turned down or being ignored on here is something they cannot cope with and so turn to trolling as it's the only means to get to the person who turned them down.

over a year ago

"I very rarely post on the Irish forum for this very reason OP.

I would like to add I think also for some its because of rejection. They may have been used to getting what they want in life, work, family, school or at home etc and then suddenly being turned down or being ignored on here is something they cannot cope with and so turn to trolling as it's the only means to get to the person who turned them down."

That vert true also some people have big egos and need constant adoration and when they don't get it they turn nasty

over a year ago

"I very rarely post on the Irish forum for this very reason OP.

I would like to add I think also for some its because of rejection. They may have been used to getting what they want in life, work, family, school or at home etc and then suddenly being turned down or being ignored on here is something they cannot cope with and so turn to trolling as it's the only means to get to the person who turned them down.

That vert true also some people have big egos and need constant adoration and when they don't get it they turn nasty "

How very true is that

over a year ago

Insecurities.Jealousy.The need to have drama in their lives.Throwing insults at a complete stranger and getting a kick out of their reaction.

Having being stalked,trolled and had abusive behaviour towards me,I've learnt a few lessons. About myself mostly.I can take the truth if the person saying it has my best interest at heart.But a complete stranger is a different story.Take everything with a big pinch of salt. This is a swingers site. You shouldn't take everything to heart what's being said on here.

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

The reason many do it is because it's easy. All it takes is a shitty attitude and the ability to type (and sometimes not even that) because they know that they'll always get replies here. (Because sadly people love to reply to them here)

The forum should come up with a rule that once a troll is spotted they're ignored. The worst thing they can see are zero replies to their thread.

over a year ago

"The reason many do it is because it's easy. All it takes is a shitty attitude and the ability to type (and sometimes not even that) because they know that they'll always get replies here. (Because sadly people love to reply to them here)

The forum should come up with a rule that once a troll is spotted they're ignored. The worst thing they can see are zero replies to their thread."

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"The reason many do it is because it's easy. All it takes is a shitty attitude and the ability to type (and sometimes not even that) because they know that they'll always get replies here. (Because sadly people love to reply to them here)

The forum should come up with a rule that once a troll is spotted they're ignored. The worst thing they can see are zero replies to their thread.

"

totally agree. They get a kick outta of the outrage, dunno if they should be pitied on cause really, things can't be great in there lives to feel the need to to create total garbage to sit back and watch it explode.

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Have to say...i reckon ppl mostly troll becayse they are in a bad place...mostly i feel sorry for them, even tho their trolling can be hurtful i think long term they are the ones suffering most..

over a year ago

"Have to say...i reckon ppl mostly troll becayse they are in a bad place...mostly i feel sorry for them, even tho their trolling can be hurtful i think long term they are the ones suffering most.. "

over a year ago

Hilarious trolls complaining about other trolls. Lol

over a year ago

I think it is the 'modern' extension of reading someone behind their back. I could never understand how someone did that and now I do not understand trolls - I would never call them keyboard warriors! That just gives them a (sick) kind of legitimacy. They are not warriors, they are cowards and bullies. Negative words and actions have real consequences. That is something these people probably don't care about but they should be made aware of.

The old saying is true... If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing.

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Hilarious trolls complaining about other trolls. Lol"

Haven't seen any evidence of the majority of posters in this thread being trolls.

Would you mind elaborating on that citing some examples please?

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Sometimes I wonder if people think opinions and trolls come in the same category.....

over a year ago

It’s always good to see a troll bite on threads like this .......

over a year ago

"Hilarious trolls complaining about other trolls. Lol

Haven't seen any evidence of the majority of posters in this thread being trolls.

Would you mind elaborating on that citing some examples please?"

I don't need to elaborate I think most people know exactly who I'm talking about.

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

I genuinely don't and I'd appreciate it if you did

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

I am kinda aware of trolls here

I met and enjoyed a fantastic time with a really hot lady here . I posted a very complimentary verification for the lady . I then got mail form a now nlos "person" ridiculing and abusing the lady i had met ... why the feck would someone go to the hassle of settin up a fake profile to send one abusive mail and then not allow me the chance to challenge them... wierd

I will not be leaving zealous verifications again....

ps This was a couple of months back and I have heard nowt since

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I am kinda aware of trolls here

I met and enjoyed a fantastic time with a really hot lady here . I posted a very complimentary verification for the lady . I then got mail form a now nlos "person" ridiculing and abusing the lady i had met ... why the feck would someone go to the hassle of settin up a fake profile to send one abusive mail and then not allow me the chance to challenge them... wierd

ps This was a couple of months back and I have heard nowt since "

Why would the actions of a coward prevent you from leaving any future verifications?

over a year ago

"I genuinely don't and I'd appreciate it if you did"
I'm sure you know its against site rules to name and shame. But nice try.Lol

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I genuinely don't and I'd appreciate it if you did I'm sure you know its against site rules to name and shame. But nice try.Lol"

I wasn't asking for specific names. Just examples of the behaviour you're alluding to.

Seeing as that's not forthcoming, I'm going to put it down to just your opinion and leave it at that.

You're entitled to your opinion, the same way we're entitled to disregard it.

At least it was an attempt at discourse!

over a year ago

"I genuinely don't and I'd appreciate it if you did I'm sure you know its against site rules to name and shame. But nice try.Lol

I wasn't asking for specific names. Just examples of the behaviour you're alluding to.

Seeing as that's not forthcoming, I'm going to put it down to just your opinion and leave it at that.

At least it was an attempt at discourse!"

Can I make a suggestion you go to the store get yourself a bag of candy. Then make yourself comfortably and go through all the threads with a fine tooth combe and report back with your findings.

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

Why would the actions of a coward prevent you from leaving any future verifications?"

I will leave verifications but will be careful how I script them .... I will make sure the person receiving the veri will know my complete thoughts privately

over a year ago

Why would the actions of a coward prevent you from leaving any future verifications?

I will leave verifications but will be careful how I script them .... I will make sure the person receiving the veri will know my complete thoughts privately "

Seems to happen alot on fab, people setting up a fake profile to slate someone then deleting before a reply is given

Best just to ignore the message and delete it

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I genuinely don't and I'd appreciate it if you did I'm sure you know its against site rules to name and shame. But nice try.Lol

At least it was an attempt at discourse! Can I make a suggestion you go to the store get yourself a bag of candy. Then make yourself comfortably and go through all the threads with a fine tooth combe and report back with your findings. "

While I do like candy, I'm confused as to why people mention it with regards to myself. You the second person to do so.

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

I will leave verifications but will be careful how I script them .... I will make sure the person receiving the veri will know my complete thoughts privately

Seems to happen alot on fab, people setting up a fake profile to slate someone then deleting before a reply is given

Best just to ignore the message and delete it "

I fully agree with you and will be careful how I verify you ...

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

veris are a waste of time. go on your own instinct. give a person a go. to many on here want others to do the donkey work, then they pick up the pieces

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

At least it was an attempt at discourse! Can I make a suggestion you go to the store get yourself a bag of candy. Then make yourself comfortably and go through all the threads with a fine tooth combe and report back with your findings.

While I do like candy, I'm confused as to why people mention it with regards to myself. You the second person to do so.

"

He thinks that you are Candystore a previous profile on here

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

At least it was an attempt at discourse! Can I make a suggestion you go to the store get yourself a bag of candy. Then make yourself comfortably and go through all the threads with a fine tooth combe and report back with your findings.

He thinks that you are Candystore a previous profile on here"

Hes totally wrong! Instead of " assuming" , he should try that crazy assed method, like " asking"

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Hes totally wrong! Instead of " assuming" , he should try that crazy assed method, like " asking" "

Not for he who is omniscient

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Hes totally wrong! Instead of " assuming" , he should try that crazy assed method, like " asking" "

He might be wrong, or he might be totally correct.

But as you say he never bothered to ask outright, did he?

over a year ago

Hes totally wrong! Instead of " assuming" , he should try that crazy assed method, like " asking"

Not for he who is omniscient "

?

Post new Message to Thread